My sons birthday gift, a gun!

Hey Jow Forums. I'm a retired police officer and my son just turned ten recently. What gun should I get him for his birthday gift? I was going to get him a AR 9 but I want my fellow Chantards to decide for me.

Attached: 7SKZhkI.jpg (500x435, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1L2TBn0jeRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get him a hand grenade. Nobody fucks with the kid who's got a hand grenade.

Start him out with a .22 rifle. And whatever you get, spend $50 on a trigger job. A nice crisp 4 lb trigger feels more like 20 when you're a kid.

He had likely shot guns before, so his own 22 lr would be great. If you get him a bolt action, just be sure he has it drilled in him not to dry fire it to not screw up the firing pin

>be 10
>get a gift
>a grenade (a dummy grenade)
>bring to show and tell
I like where this is going

> Thumbhole stock
What the heck that even mean?

22lr levergun and sit him in front of every cowboy movie you can

If it's his first gun then get a 10/22 or a nice bolt action .22 for learning the fundamentals. Otherwise my vote is for the Ruger PCC.

This.
.22lr rifle - the Bestest gift for boy if you want to rise a true Jow Forumsommando.

I'm gonna disagree with most people here and say get him a Rossi Youth Rifle.

It's a single shot, break action multi-cal kid gun with swappable barrels for a whole ton of different calibers. I usually comes with a .410 shotgun barrel and a .22lr barrel, but you can get .223, .243, 20 gauge and a whole bunch of others.

It's a single shot thing, and it'll force him to git gud, but it's also cal-flexible enough that you can use it to take anything from squirrels to black bear and it'll serve him well till he's a late teenager at least.

Attached: 9083638_01_rossi_trifecta_243_22lr_20_ga_640.jpg (640x360, 45K)

Hi, OP!
Thanks for serving your community.
Assuming this is your boys first firearm...
I would suggest either a Henry Golden Boy, as the 22mag is a great introductory round or a Ruger 10/22 (dope ass aftermarket shit out there for this).

The Golden Boy has a cool factor that he'll remember for the rest of his life!

I'd get a full size version. I got the youth model as a birthday gift and it was tiny even back then.

Kid's ten though.

He'll outgrow it fast, and the full size version is more pleasurable to shoot.

>Black Bear

Wait what

20 Gauge slug will drop a black bear if you put it in the right place.

As will .270 or 7mm-08, all of which are barrels you can get for a rossie youth rifle.

Agreed

I believe it now that I think about it, but I guess I had never considered the 20 gauge as viable small bear defense.

Good to know though!

I used to always say 10/22, because that was my first gun 12, but considering how cheap ARs are nowadays and how manageable the recoil is... get him a real 5.56 AR.

Attached: 5cP2ERwViU65-NNiZxTL3v9W9g_31ZdDxhVnPB5tV_Y.png (664x463, 474K)

Buy him a book, not a fucking gun, it's a 10yo kid jesuschrist.
Are you going to give him cocaine and condoms next year? you were a police officer you know that he is too young to OWN a gun

Nice b8

>give him cocaine and condoms next year
based

Attached: scarface-kids1.png (750x556, 228K)

He's too young to own a gun without proper training and education. Great bait tho

I feel you, but I disagree with you. The kids going to be apprehensive/excited. Best not to risk turning him off if he's a bit recoil adverse. Also, he's 10. The 22lr and mag calibers are like a right of passage.
Yeah, I know the 5.56 is a 22 caliber but you know what I mean.

>The 22lr and mag calibers are like a right of passage.
I suppose that's kind of true. The take-down 10/22s are pretty cool.

Yeah, my favorite .22 that I've purchased and the only one that I've never shot.
Just kinda sits in my closet. Just in case!

BTW my son has shot many firearms, I've let practice with my Glock 19 before. He has a license too. So he is trained and knows some safety tips. So there's explanation Jow Forumsommandos.

Your son has a license? What kind of license?
What state are you in? ;3

user, that's actually a great idea. Thanks!

Attached: ancap_loli.png (475x325, 266K)

Are you literally Donut Operator

Buy a 10/22 or a .410 shotgun, and a Yugo Mauser + crate of Yugo 7.92 to give to him when he's 13.
is a faggot, but you should get your son some books too.

WHERES THE ROOF KOREAN VIDEO DONUT?

Guys Op is confiremed a faggotyoutube.com/watch?v=1L2TBn0jeRU