"Korean Marines PT in snow makes very tough!"

>"Korean Marines PT in snow makes very tough!"
>"We throw Korean marine recruit in the middle of ocean and make them swim back shore!"
>"We beat Korean marines with bamboo sticks every day very tough!"

Attached: Seal_of_the_Republic_of_Korea_Marine_Corps.svg.png (220x220, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaibiles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not sure about the Marine Corps, but I have two years experience of working day in and day out with the RoK Army.

Those fucks are basically beaten every day. They get the shit beat out of them. It made me very uncomfortable but I couldn't really do anything about it.

It works.

Don't get them wrong, ROK Marines don't fuck around when it comes down to business.

Why do gooks do this?

Less individualism in their cultures.

Because the US is too soft to do it to their own soldiers and Marines.

lack of fucks lack of soul lack of empathy
culture of kill

Considering American combat performance when fighting against Asian militaries for the past century or so, I don't think the beatings are working.

Somebody should beat *you* with bamboo sticks for making this shitty thread.

Is this why gooks conscript everyone into their military because its practically a prison/ concentration camp with guns?

OP can beat me off in the ocean with a bamboo stick anytime!

Attached: Smackity Smack.jpg (1200x1142, 173K)

I mean just look at the causalities the US sustained though.
Sure it doesn't win wars against those with seemingly infinite resources and unmolested supply lines, but it helps your men put up a good fight, one that isn't going to end without leaving an impression.

The RoK Marines really did some good work in Vietnam.

t. literally lose to rice farmers

Attached: 1496482854968.jpg (620x623, 128K)

Thats cute...
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaibiles

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 8K)

The US has consistently maintained better casualty ratios, though. Even in wars that were strategic failures like Vietnam, American forces always killed more than they lost. I'll agree with you on the ROK's performance in 'Nam, though. They were fucking badass in that war.

>The US has consistently maintained better casualty ratios, though.
Let's put it this way: The ones who are the causalities don't feel that way.

>Considering American combat performance when fighting against Asian militaries for the past century or so, I don't think the beatings are working.
The US used to beat their soldiers physically, and mentally to get those results.

That's true. I'm pretty sure beatings are a symptom of a military willing to take losses more so than a cause, though.

As it turns out, training volunteer professionals to a higher standard than conscripts works well, and eliminates the need for beatings.

>training volunteer professionals to a higher standard than conscripts works well, and eliminates the need for beatings.
Or that's what they say now when conforming to human rights. Pain has always been efficient teacher.

but ROKMC is voluntary

Worked with them pretty cool guys honestly.

Confucian culture. Very big thing in Korea.

weren't these guys known for their war crimes in vietnam but didn't give a fuck about it lol

Korean army training is based off USMC shit.

When you are fighting overwhelming numbers it doesn't matter how tough you are, that's the reality. Supplies running out is just as critical as losing will to fight.

This. Look at Nazi Germany or Japan. Both had generally strong support for the war even when things began to go bad, but their logistics just couldn't handle the Americans and Soviets.

I was on an op in Korea for a few months, where we could observe ROK training. When we weren't observing it, we could hear it from miles away. I never want to be in a war with Koreans.

logistics wins wars
source: everyone who's won a war

>ROK army training is based on USMC
... from before they banned hazing.

No such thing as "war crimes" against commies, user. The ROKs were actually winning in Vietnam and were getting held back by American command.

In East Asia the wife makes the husband who drinks too much kneel on that old washboard thing for hours.
They're not beating conscripts for discipline, they're beating themselves for toughness.

Korean culture emphasizes hierarchy and the military is no stranger to this. Upper ranks are free to do as they wish and the lower ranks can’t really say shit.

this seems to be how most militaries work desu
and also why most of them are not very good when it matters

Best way to motivate a soldier is to threaten the revocation of leave/pass

U. S. Beat infantry up until desert storm wrapped up.

It also doesn't matter how many men you have if your enemy has fire superiority.

You can't achieve fire superiority if you don't have the ammo for your SAW, dumbfuck.

one of their dictators was a trained japanese military officer, and they really liked beating the shit out of their own troops. so maybe that's where it came from

Bbbbut bearings make people respect you!

I saw a ROK Marine BAR gunner get butt-stroked by his squad leader for missing targets at the range. A few teeth lighter, he was then motivated to hit targets.

>Best way to motivate a soldier is to threaten the revocation of leave/pass
Sure, but those work better after they're already trained.

Yeah go run Currahee.

For all of their training, much of which is indeed brutal, they have proven themselves mostly worthless in actual combat.

t. worked with their punk asses

No it's not. You've been watching too much BoB