Welcome to Dubai

Dubai has been completely isolated from the world by a gigantic sandstorm you are the commander of a battalion composed of assets of your choice,your objective is to bring order to the chaos.
PS all high ranking city official have been evacuated and you and your men are on your own

Attached: Spec-Ops-The-Line-Dubai-Screen-Index.jpg (720x340, 78K)

The scar was pretty dope.

Set up camp and deliver supplies to markets on a somewhat regular basis.

I don't see how disaster relief in Dubai would be any different than disaster relief in any other mega city.

your supplies run out you are out of food and medicine and have a bunch of mad sandniggers with nothing to lose around,good luck

GLASS THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN and REMOVE KEBAB!

Attached: 1540318391785.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

the planes get lost at the storm and never reach the city making the current president looks like a douche and being impeached,good job user

Send an ICBM. JUST FUCKING NUKE ALL THAT KEBAB!

so mister president you see all those kids men and women and Dubai they never even existed in the first place you can say that it was just a training exercise
-in foreign soil?
-yes sir
-you re a goddam genius son

Attached: 1555012883394.jpg (562x600, 37K)

Dubai isnt a megacity, its metropolitan population is under 10 million.

>spec ops
DUDE
WHAT IF
YOU'RE THE BAD GUY???

Attached: aeolipile.jpg (868x1200, 105K)

>Surely these hominids who have been systematically inbreeding, generation after generation for more than a thousand years, all while worshipping the blood soaked rantings of a syphilis infested pedophile warlord, can be expected to behave like civilized, well adjusted Westerners

Oh my sweet innocent Lamb.

Attached: 1552168414882.jpg (747x411, 74K)

The idea that you should just not play the game because to do otherwise you'll end up doing horrible things (which it will accost you for) is childish. The entire premise of the game's morality, chastising you for trying to be a big hero, breaks down the moment you realize you have absolutely no agency whatsoever. If you think this game was any smarter than whatever call of duty came out that year, you're an idiot.

Attached: 12342342.png (498x621, 74K)

That was one hell of a game

>your objective is to bring order to the chaos.
>pic related
Turn 360 and moonwalk away

Attached: can-we-fix-it-no-its-fucked-5896579.png (500x490, 105K)

Legitimately enjoyed the game but knew the writers were being tryhards.

>darude big enough to fully fill the entire persian gulf, gulf of oman, and arabian sea
What a gay fucking premise

yea the game like most types of art nowadays relies on shock value to make itself look cool and hip but the game had some awesome aesthetic and soundtrack

>your objective is to bring order to the chaos.

Fuck that. I cripple all water infrastructure and watch that hell hole burn.

Crackdown 3 did it better.
You still have no agency, but if you never actually go out of your way to read logs, pay attention to npc chatter and look into hidden stuff, the game never actually tells you that you're literally a deep state enforcer working for someone who is probably reptilian, the gangs are controlled opposition, and you kill the only person trying to stop it all.

hey that`s a spoiler

Spotted the brainlet. The game isn’t about giving you agency. It’s deconstructing COD type games by highlighting the horrors that would be associated with a lot of the set pieces those games have. I find it hilarious how assblasted people get by this game and how personally they take it. The SP game was k as fuck and it’s a fun romp. MP was ass but they were basically forced to do that. SP beats the piss out of most FPS campaigns. I got it off steam for 5 bucks and have no regrets.

Imagine living in current year and still playing crackdown. Did you build a time machine and are from 2006?

To be fair I don't know a single person who actually played Crackdown 3.

Would it really be any worse than say, New Orleans?

of course orleans don`t have as many skyscrapers imagine one those falling on the city or being used as some kind of druglord fortress the sheer logistical complexity is awesome

>It’s deconstructing COD type games

It tries to but does a terrible job, you can't berate the player for them making "choices" that the game never actually gives them. Had the focus been on the delusions of MC it would've worked better, but it didn't and going after the player was asinine and was just the writers trying to make a statement they never built any foundation for.

> how assblasted people get by this game and how personally they take it.

Not sure how it was personal, I just found the praise this game received to be totally unwarranted. What I find funny is people latching on to a completely mediocre product and getting upset when people point it out as such.

Blow it out your ass Turk Mexican

There are some choices, liek when you find the two hanging men you can just shoot the snipers and save the men instead of killing one of them.

Seize power over the people and cordon and search to get rid of the bulk of insurgents. Follow that up with setting up COPs literally fucking everywhere. Anyone who opposes gets killed. Any area or district that opposes gets glassed. Entice service under your command through joining the police forces or militia forces by giving said forces priority for food rations. Can’t fight back and resist if you don’t got any food.

good work you earned your N word pass

Attached: 1554007848517.jpg (1125x1117, 583K)

The soundtrack was pretty terrific. Welcome to hell, Captain.

Very few choices in that game are actually meaningful.
At one time, it was intended that the white phosphorus scene could be bypassed via an extremely tough fight on the ground- but apparently the devs ran into a hardware issue with consoles, so everyone gets railroaded into mass killing civilians.
Same with literally every single other choice in the game. You either have 0 agency (water truck, minigun, shooting back at US troops) or your choices are ultimately meaningless (shooting the CIA dude, or shooting the soldier, or.... doing fucking anything, really).

Yeah, cause giving power to corrupt third worlders and using hearts and minds strategy has really worked out well everywhere else.

That’s the whole point. It is purposely criticizing “choices” and “player impact” in other games. The whole game is a fuck you towards mainstream games and the storytelling within them.

you can try to save something or don`t try, you choose.you are being pretty nihilist about this whole situation and that won`t help anyone

Attached: the should fear5.jpg (540x405, 37K)

The only other option than to the one I listed is genocide. There is no other option, might makes right always. And you enforce that through violence.

556 is one hell of an argument

Attached: jin-roh-shooting.jpg (854x462, 87K)

>That’s the whole point.

The message targets the player specifically, rather than any other games they may have played. The message is shallow and has nothing to stand on, it can't criticize choices or player impact if it doesn't actually explore those concepts. The only thing it comes close to doing well is going after the idea of playing the hero to the detriment of those who depend on you, but it hardly goes into that either because once again you aren't actually doing anything in the end. This would work if it was an exploration of the MC, but that's not what they went for. In the end the game tries to make the player feel guilty, which only works if they hadn't been paying attention. Its a mediocre on rails shooter with delusions of being something its not.

i would like to express how ridiculous was premise of that fucking game
>dubai is desolated cos fucking sand storm
>hurrr durrr

DUBAI IS ON THE COAST AND A FUCKING PORT CITY
HOW ?????????????

I think the problem with specops is that a fair chunk of the player base were not the target audience. The conceit of the game was to spook codfags who mindlessly play through linear campaigns shooting things to feel like a badass hero. So if you dont self insert as the PC when you play a game or alternatively if you play games like RPGs specifically so you can be an asshole to virtual people, then when specops starts harping about what a bad guy you are for literally murdering those pixel people; it just feels like pretentious fag shit. Fuck off game, Walker is the schizo here doing all this scripted shit, I'm just along for the ride to see what happens.

I start looking for a psychiatrist, because nothing makes sense and I'm starting to realize I'm actually just a homeless guy larping in a junkyard in New Mexico or something, and the soldiers in the Humvee are cops keeping me away from the suburbs.

kill'em all and let allah sort them out

Attached: 8664010_01_ar15_640.jpg (640x960, 96K)

Do what konrad did :
>nothing wrong
>keep order with martial law
>use white phosphorus as crowd control option
>don't try a big size evacuation of dubai
>try to fix the city while keeping it under control
>pic related in case the glow in the dark nigger try to fuck my plan up

Attached: 1555219907053.jpg (1024x576, 42K)