If the average number of shots fired during an altercation is three...

If the average number of shots fired during an altercation is three, and shot placement (and thus accuracy and recoil control) is king, wouldn't something like a big, sturdy, long-barreled revolver be the most optimal gun for self defense instead of a Glock or Glock clone?

Attached: 1555964351943.jpg (514x596, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what is weight
>what is length
>what is recoil control

A heavier gun handles recoil better. The only people who have to care about handgun weight are fragile little traps and soldiers who carry a big fat ruck of gear. Length only matters if you're a manlet.

Mr. Joker, we've been expecting you. Now don't try anything silly, just come along peacefully, we're taking you in.

Attached: upgrade.jpg (597x747, 281K)

With that logic, a rifle of some sort would be even better.

Attached: 1529868775697.jpg (1024x681, 324K)

>concealability
Tell me, do you even carry much less own a gun?

No, something that can make the other two follow up shots quickly and accurately is.

Do they make bullpup revolvers

A rifle is harder to carry than a revolver but you can't deny an AR is pretty good against an assailant.

Attached: google.png (480x311, 32K)

Yes, several. I'm just not a manlet or afraid of OCing for that matter. I bet you fell for the IWB kydex only meme, didn't you?

Attached: 1522347838729.jpg (600x600, 90K)

So, a large revolver instead of a wondernine?

Revolvers are arguably better for CC according to Paul Harrell and the old veteran who taught my CCW class.

An 8" magnum like OP suggested?
>dickriding paul
Stop.

>Being a Yeagerfag

Haha oh wow. As for your actual point, eight might be a bit much and I'd personally probably prefer a six incher, but I could definitely conceal it. Custom holsters exist and I prefer loose workman's jeans to the skinny jeans and tactical cargo pants a lot of Jow Forums wears. Or just OC it like a non-bitch.

>according to a boomer, and a boomer

>B-b-but booooomersssss

Yes, and? They're not wrong. Is being a Glock owner a religious thing for you, that you have faith in it even when all the experts show that maximizing capacity at the expense of everything else is a suboptimal solution?

>if you aren't a disciple of harrell you are a yeager cultist
>if you dislike revolvers for ccw you are a glocknard

>this is what 14 year olds actually believe

Yes you are.

The experts disagree.

Been a while since we had a troll thread. OPs a bit rusty.

>If the average number of shots fired during an altercation is three
It's not been conclusively established that it is, and "average" means a LOT OF PEOPLE SHOT MORE THAN THAT

>wouldn't something like a big, sturdy, long-barreled revolver
No because DA triggers, unwieldy size, and slow draw speed.

Paul Harrell covered that too. Virtually all examples of that happening are people wildly shooting at nothing after the assailant fled because they missed with their first shots, not fighting seventeen assailants walking towards them at just the right speed to afford no time to reload while not simply overwhelming the defender. You fell for a dumb meme because of your inexperience and should have listened to your elders, get over it.

>DA trigger

Still better than a Glock trigger

>Unwieldy size

This isn't a broadsword, unless you physically cannot hold up your gun or are using something with awful ergos it can't be unwieldy.

>Draw speed

Funny how revolvers are designed to be drawn quickly and a Glock isn't. IWB holsters are the number one cause of a slow, clumsy draw.

In what universe are large revolvers fast
Double action and fast shot recovery are mutually exclusive.

>wouldn't something like a big, sturdy, long-barreled revolver be the most optimal gun for self defense instead of a Glock or Glock clone

Lmao no. The vast majority of time you spend with a CCW gun is carrying it around and concealing it, not shooting. While CDC and Pew research stats put self defense with a firearm typically over 1million cases annually most of those don't actually involve the criminal being shot.

So why would you carry a big, heavy, hard to conceal gun? Your own gun is basically oppressing you because it is forcing you to dress a certain way. Sometimes I want to just wear a white T-Shirt and jeans, gets a lot harder with a giant revolver. A long barreled one pokes out my pants when carrying. It's not ideal. Hence why single stack 9mm guns are the standard right now.

I would agree accuracy is king, but revolvers have long shitty triggers. You can go for a controlled single action shot but due to how close and fast these encounters typically are you are far better off with a regular old striker fire trigger that can be used quickly without too many steps.

And finally, the most important point: A magnum revolver isn't really more effective against people than a 9mm UNLESS you are talking about BIG boys like 454 and higher. In which case your recoil control is going to abysmal and your gun is going to be stupidly big and heavy. The main appeal of a larger caliber is heavier loads and a bit more energy which allows it to penetrate and hit the vitals of large dangerous animals like bears or Elk.

Watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

Also, not to say that larger guns are not more effective, a Glock 19 is definitely easier to aim, make follow up shots, and has more capacity than a Glock 43. But if you are happy with carrying a big ass gun it should be something like a Glock 19 or 17, not a revolver

tl;dr No, a handgun is not a rifle unless you legitimately think carrying around a fucking .460S&W is a good idea.

You have never actually fired a gun, have you?

>Reddit spacing
>Oppressing you
>Revolvers have bad triggers
>"Just scare him off gun quality doesn't matter lmao"
>.44 mag isn't more effective than 9mm
>Lucky Gunner
>Ballistics gel instead of a meat target
>So many words that don't support the unproven assertions in the post
>Calls Glock 19 "a big ass gun"
>Claims it's better without demonstrating why
>Wrong about literally every point and even claims Glocks are accurate pistols instead of mediocre in accuracy
>TL:DR at the end

We've finally seen it. Peak noguns posting.

Attached: Dire_Yeet.png (493x493, 190K)

Awww sugar! You don't have an argument! That's OK, Jow Forumsguns is available at reddit.com! ;^)

I didn't know it was possible for someone to get as mad as you are over falling for the wondernine meme.

That bottom AK reminds me of a dissy AR, it's pretty cool lookin