What would you like to see from the new US army helicopter?

What would you like to see from the new US army helicopter?
defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/aaaa/2019/04/23/us-army-picks-5-teams-to-design-new-us-army-attack-recon-helicopter/

Attached: BP27KSUYPNESRCE5HGRM6OZR4Q.jpg (1200x674, 133K)

Why not just make an upsized drone that does the job?

Could someone jam the signal and make it crash?

It basking in the sun, after devouring Marines like an osprey

Communication and EW. The role of this thing is to go a very long distance behind the enemy's front lines to be able to find everything and report it back, possibly calling for some very long range fires when appropriate. This means it needs to not give its position away because it's needing to emit and receive transmissions the entire time. The enemy can detect those transmissions. It needs to be able to use proper EMCON until it sees something it should report so it can find what it's looking for without being seen. Additionally, EW could prevent the signal from getting through, and so you need a closer human to give it proper instructions and interpret the information in situations with EW. This would combine to have a human needing to penetrate the airspace anyways, so might as well make all the platforms manned for now.

onboard speakers playing wagner 24/7 to scare off those damm victor charlies

tits

Pretty much everything they're asking for. High speed, high range. Personally, I think some measure of stealth would be a great thing for it. Additionally, it should have some measure of armament. Ideally, it would be able to have an armament similar to that of the Commanche, although I will accept if the autocannon needs to be deleted.

so overall it would be better to use a supersonic drone than a drone helicopter

Would've preferred Ghost Hawk. The uh-60 model is just so pretty

teleportation and autofellatio
maybe a livestream and a paid service where you can log in and pilot it

Not at all, no.

>Point defense laser/TROPHY system
>360 degree FLIR camera with automatic Target aquisition and designation system
>Satellite comm link
Basically, automate anything that a spotter would have done in the past. Fly over a battlefield, cameras pick up whatever is out there, identify and designate targets and upload it to HQ without any human input
Have a drone version ready to go in ten years

technically they can be jammed but they're programmed to act independently if they lose signal.
they lose signal doing normal stuff and keep going on their own. if it realizes it's not going to make it through its mission and isn't explicitly told to go home, it's programmed to go home and land before it runs out of fuel.

which is funny because they've made mistakes before and forgot to reset the "home" for the drone so drones have started to go to bases they can't possibly make it to before. im sure that's been largely ironed out due to those circumstances, part of the growing pains of using drones so extensively i guess. still funny

Cool thanks user. Now I know why no drones.

I think I want to fuck its tail section

Attached: hot.jpg (1200x674, 138K)

I'd like to see how many leftists they can dump in the ocean

Sikorsky already has a flying prototype if we count the S-97. I wonder if that will be their submission to the FARA competition or if they’ll make design changes to it and create another test article.

I hope Boeing loses, tiltrotors gay af for combat operations.

Based

Kek

lmao

haha yes well memed my fellow kekistani! how do i upvote on this website btw ?

the props of a thunderscreech

>when ussr made this, the burgers are all making fun of it
>when the burger copied it years later, IT'S AMAZING

Attached: eag.png (489x668, 289K)

When the fuck did the USSR make a compound light recon/attack helicopter.

>when the soviets made it, it was fundamentally flawed and defective well into production
>when the US made it, it broke a world record during the testing phase