Could I turn a cheap machine gun into an expensive one?

For example, what if I bought a Mac 10 and cut off the registration number and welded it to an AR15 80% lower. Then the gun would be registered as a Mac 10 but would functionally be an AR15. Pic slightly related

Attached: 4FDDA3B6-16EF-40B0-AC61-B04AB75E3240.jpg (720x405, 35K)

You what nigger?

>what if I bought a Mac 10 and cut off the registration number and welded it to an AR15 80% lower. Then the gun would be registered as a Mac 10 but would functionally be an AR15.
wut

Attached: 1513979019424.jpg (249x230, 34K)

So you cut off the part of the gun that is registered (it has numbers) and just put those numbers on an AR and pretend it’s a Mac 10 (wink wink) even though it literally is a full auto AR

Attached: but-why.jpg (259x194, 24K)

Oh I don’t know. To save $20,000

can you melt down the mac-10 and cast an AR-15 receiver out of the metal? Attach the serial numbers to it and have a legal rifle?

Your dog would die.

Attached: Stop being retarded.png (160x160, 14K)

No the BATFE would blast your asshole wide open. You can make some modifications without telling the ATF, some modifications by simply notifying them, and others you have to get permission for.

It would be extremely painful

People have been caught doing this (in the 90s). They kept bouncing form 4s back and forth with mac 10s but with firearm type/caliber changed until someone at the nfa branch would make an error.

Guy got caught with an m60 sporting a mac serial number and went to jail. It also happened a lot with lightning links turning into DIASs.

Smarter people than you have thought that up as well, and the ATF shot it down. If you have to permanently modify the MG its verboten.

It literally doesn't matter because you're not actually going to buy any full auto at any price point

Mac 10s are quite cheap. There are a few machine guns that are in a good price range

Yeah you've totally got 8-10k to drop on a gun.

Not exactly. The picture you have is of a special upper that interfaces with an M11, allowing one to use a relatively cheap smg to make a 5.56 auto rifle.

They don't run but like $4000 or so usually.

What's it like living in 2001?

I understand that. Like I said, pic slightly related

hey retard, mac 10s can be had for 5k these days absolutely. and there are plenty of people that browse this board that can afford that. i personally know of 3 kommandos with autos

Post literally one for 5k.

Your a big guy.

No, you are destroying the receiver at that point and removing the registration from the part legally defined as the firearm.

4 chan

NO illegal.

ok retard

Attached: 5k mac.png (260x271, 17K)

There's literally a Mac-10 at my LGS for $5k right now. Maybe if you weren't a fucking 19 year old who only buys guns on gunbroker you'd know that gb isn't the end-all be-all of gun pricing. You can always find guns cheaper if you actually fucking look for them rather than expect the best deal immediately upon your first google search.

I have also wondered about this, but I'm pretty sure the answer is "no".
Remember the ATF exists to fuck you over.

The last few I've seen go at auction houses went for 5k-6k.

Attached: 1556121957758.jpg (773x935, 47K)

A better question is could you manufacture a replica with the same markings and serial number as the original?

just get a coat hanger

Attached: 1554714073915.jpg (900x900, 57K)

you already did this faggot thread a few weeks ago

How are you even functioning?

Attached: 1516155778271.jpg (960x720, 61K)

is there an added bio weapon on that "gun" because it's making me puke