PTR-91 Warranty?

How good is PTR's lifetime warranty?

I just bought a PTR-91 GI from grabagun and got it from my FFL, got it home and the charging handle is near impossible to open. I have to use both hands with the buttstock pressed against my legs. I lift weights regularly and bench 350 so strength isn't an issue.

My Century c93 is way easier to unlock. This PTR-91 GI is near impossible to unlock. I think it has a bad cocking tube gap as I encounter resistance almost as soon as I grab the charging handle. On my C93 it's about when the handle is at 45 degrees as it's supposed to be. Will PTR pay to have it shipped back to them? Are they usually good about warrantying defective PTR-91s? Anyone had to use their warranty? Thanks.

I just registered my PTR on PTR's website via their online registration form.

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x548, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vizardsgunsandammo.com/ptr-101-gi-100002-gir-308-18in-prk-scp-mnt-grn-3220/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DO WE LOOK LIKE PTR CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU GOOF!!??

Attached: 1534730568831.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Mine was pretty stiff at first too. Take it apart, lube it, rack it a few times. Should fix your issue. Probably not immediately, but after a while it'll get easier

Go to the gym, zoomer

>Take it apart, lube it, rack it a few times

It's already heavily lubed from the factory. I've racked it about 10 times and no difference. It's nearly impossible to charge.

You should probably trade it in for a barbie play house.

Check your bolt gap.

I'll do that next.

its .017 almost .018, .018 feeler gauge will fit if I press real hard but it's .017 I think.

How recently did you buy it? They're out of stock everywhere I look.

.010-.020 is in tolerance according to many sources, so you should be okay in that regard.

Attached: med_gallery_401_47_1593.jpg (574x600, 68K)

Got it from grabagun on the 16th, it was the last one in stock.

now you know why it was the last one in stock.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guess I'm sending it in to PTR

>new gun
>needs to be worn in a bit
>newfag thinks its broken

>They're out of stock everywhere I look.
vizardsgunsandammo.com/ptr-101-gi-100002-gir-308-18in-prk-scp-mnt-grn-3220/

Attached: 1540208298976.jpg (275x253, 17K)

>armlets can’t open PTR91 bolt
Lmao

what's cooler, the pakerized finish or the painted black finish?

Op which one do you like better?
I held a C93 at Grabagun. Was curious if its worth it. Given Centurys reputation

PTRs loosen up and become pretty smooth after a couple hundred rounds, just deal with the stiffness and quit being a poosay

I got one of their first (second gen) ptr 32s, I think it was serial 000043 or close. They were supposed to be more reliable with a wide range of ak mags, so I took it out and shoot 10 rounds out of about 30 different kinds of magazines, basically only Magpul worked with any reliability. Not long after PTR started modifying the mag lockup area with a machined piece instead of the stamped/welded style on mine. I called them and asked if they would convert it to the new style since mine wasn't as reliable with surplus mags (a marketing point for them, not just me being a sperg), and they basically me to go fuck myself and they would only fix it if it broke in two.
I sold it a few days later to some tard at a gun show for like $50 more than I had in it and PTR won't get my business any more. Still got a green furniture g3 poorfag clone in the back of the safe but since it functions I decided to keep it.

Attached: a977d299-c876-45b5-aebf-909a01358203.png (1200x1600, 2.65M)

That factory lube is not a lube, but a preservative coating to prevent runs sitting in a warehouse for years on end.

CLEAN YOUR GODDAMN RIFLE FAGGOT.

I'm not aware of any manufacturer who would upgrade your shit for free just because they sell a newer model, practically all warranties will replace what you buy when it breaks and only upgrade if they no longer produce/carry the old design. If it is unreliable maybe they could try to fix it but pretty unreasonable to expect them to upgrade it when you got exactly what you bought.

Desert Tech?

>Gun no function correctly
>Redesign component that's causing the malfuctions
>Put that on new production guns
>Offer new part to everyone who already bought your malfunctioning old model

Granted, PTR would be the ones that have to do it; the magwell on a 91 isn't exactly something the average dude can swap out at home like the gas plug on the MDR.

Replacing a faulty plug is far different than replacing a magwell, if OP had gotten warranty work for unreliable function that's one thing, but calling and asking them to arbitrarily upgrade to new features isn't the norm, and few warranties would cover anything until there's a failure

>if OP had gotten warranty work for unreliable function that's one thing

That's all I want, I did some more research and other people have had this kind of problem and PTR has warrantied it before, paid shipping both ways, and fixed it good as new.

Same problem. Just had to break it in and lube it before you use it.

Attached: whorepussy.jpg (1515x937, 101K)

ptr91 has been kind to me with my c93 they redid and it had a fucked up rear sight. they didn't ask any questions or even have me send my rifle in to verify it, they just sent my an entire new rear sight.
i also own a ptr32 and it favors gen2 magpul mags as well but i'll be damned if i dont get the gen3 to work too. fun rifle regardless.
your request for them to upgrade your rifle for free is not part of their warranty and bit tarded imo. idk anyone who is going to do that, it makes no sense financially.

dunk the whole thing in brake cleaner

oh i guess to actually acknowledge opie's concerns, on their site and in the docuemtnation that comes with the rifles it tells you to fire 200-300 rounds or some shit before even bothering them with most issues.
the rifles are typically harder to charge without lube and doing it at an angle (like with your fucking legs) is only harder imo.
Whenever I lock the bolt back i chickenwing it to keep it perpendicular without autistically shouldering it just to lock it back. if i go at an angle i look like a bitch

my c93 that ive not bothered to work on yet has extraction issues but i kinda wanna check it out before sending it in, so i have to charge it every other round to work on it at the range.
let's just say i looked like a weak bitch when i first got it and it was lubed up, too. it's a lot better now and i've only put maybe 100rds through it.

I wish PTR offered a CHF barreled option for a higher price. I'd buy that.