Cleaning General

Do any of you ever clean your firearms? What solvents and lubricants do you recommend?

Attached: 20190425_202654.jpg (4128x3096, 3.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8G0k4gSmF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

old school Hoppe's #9 and cleaning patches work pretty well for me. I have some Butch's Bore Shine and more aggressive cleaning supplies but like to start gentle. I'm not a volume shooter so usually a bore snake and some patches works for me.

Clean it when it stops working

Clean your room, bucko.

i clean my sam7sf with clp, then i add some hi temp red n tacky grease

Attached: sam bake.jpg (2016x1504, 1005K)

Why the grease?

dunno, clp is honestly enough, but sometimes i just use it to clean then wipe it off a lil before adding the grease to certain parts

Dumb
Post guns

D-Doctor P?

Cheap
Works well to remove carbon
Or you can flush debris from hard to access areas.
InB4
>it’s water displacement not a gun solvent
Isn’t I nice when a product has more than one use.

Attached: DBFEC0F3-D0D1-49C3-83AC-396FC3AB8A9C.jpg (450x450, 26K)

Yep. Disassemble, spray CLP down the bore, spray CLP on the moving parts, boresnake, reassemble. Takes all of 10 minutes.

Hot water and soap

Attached: 28218D4D-14B1-4860-8207-7505621C70EB.jpg (2592x1936, 922K)

I love shooting my GP100 but don’t do it much because it’s a bitch to clean. I only enjoy .38s, and no matter how hard/long I scrub there’s always gunk in the forcing cone, chambers, etc.

Is this harmful? I inspected it and wiped it down again and some of it was slightly brown (stainless gun btw)

Attached: 0F3B7B93-426D-4DDD-9F07-833D29070CE4.jpg (1125x819, 517K)

I wanna know
How do you guys not get hoppes every where?
Do you guys clean your funs on the kitchen table or like in your room?

Fine to use as a solvent. Retarded to use as a lube.

towel under gun on desk/table

also don't be retarded

Kitchen table and yeah the Hoppes gets everywhere. I use a doubled-over rag underneath the gun to catch any solvent drips/splashes but I still need to wipe down the table top afterwards. It doesn't cause much trouble if you air out the room and take out the trash (which has all the Hoppes soaked patches in it).

He's right. Clean your shit.

Hoppes MPRO7 because it works just as well as no 9 but since it's water based it's easier to clean dirty brushes and remove excess solvent. Sweet's 7.62 for copper.

Oh and lubriplate for grease.

Btw using tubbs final finish can cut your bore cleaning time by a factor of 5 on stainless barrels, kind of a bitch to do in the first place though

17 year old detected. 1. that's clearly a porch, 2. you associate cleaning guns with your bedroom

is this accurate?
youtube.com/watch?v=b8G0k4gSmF4

The mat I use was $10 its rubberized on the bottom so it doesn't bleed. Available at fleet farm.

is that AVENGERS SPOILERS

This, clean what needs to be cleansed with WD-40 then use grease as lube.

>cleaning general
This has to stop

Just disassemble your guns and put the dirty parts in the oven at 450 for 50 minutes. The dirt bakes right off.

i wash the all metal parts with soapy water and then use a hair dryer to get the water off and out of the small hard to reach areas
on the frames and receivers normally just a bursh and swab with Q-tips and an old crappy tshirt.

and i top it off by coating every single surface in ballistol after drying everything, then i wipe off the ballistol on the outside and rack the slide and action a billion times.