Why the U.S. Military is Woefully Unprepared for a Major Conventional Conflict

Just so you're aware...

youtube.com/watch?v=68HNHaw96lo

Attached: Type 90 3.jpg (2048x1152, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/policy/finance/440729-mexico-emerges-as-biggest-us-trading-partner
scienpress.com/Upload/JCM/Vol 4_1_9.pdf
ausairpower.net/APA-2009-01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whoever thinks that is a complete retard

Hey, that's OP. It's what they do.

>South Front
They have some interesting information but their commentaries are usually shit
Mattis isn't wrong but at the same time, thinking that the US will just roll over is ridiculous

Before I waste my time watching your seething mudshitter thirdworlder video, is it a retread of that RAND report from 2017 that the media was jerking themselves raw over a few weeks ago?

>southfront

Lol, are you fucking retarded? Russia+China couldn't even take Alaska

If you think the US wouldn’t, then what part of what Mattis said do you think is wrong?

The fact that Mattis married the corps and, since it isn't his absolute brainchild, it is not effective

With how incompetent the Army and Navy are, understaffed/bureaucratic the Chairforce is, and ill-equipped the Muhreenz are, yeah, that's probably an accurate assessment. There've been a few threads here with active duty US Forces personnel, and they all basically tell the same story.

Morale is shit.
Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing
The Officers are retarded as shit
Everything's bureaucratic as fuck and nothing ever gets done, and when it does, it's an absolute, unmitigated, clusterfuck.

Attached: eat.jpg (630x630, 57K)

Might as well be every western military at this point

Yet still much better prepared than the next best military.

From what I've heard, that's largely the case. There are some exceptions, apparently. The Canadians, despite having a very small force, that's not very modern, are at least competent and can get shit done, the Dutch and French have a similar reputation. Not very many, or overly modern, but they at least get shit done.

Aside from that though, yeah, most of NATO is pants on head retarded from what I've heard, Bongs, US, and Germans are the worst.

Attached: munny.jpg (430x641, 72K)

I hear the legionnaires are pretty competent despite being underfunded as fuck

Damn, as a Canadian in the army, if we're competent, then your shit is REALLY fucked
The issue is being underequipped, but we can get some stuff done. It just feels like a clusterfuck 90% of the time where leadership doesn't give two fucks if it's not their way

I've heard as much.

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 1007K)

What both of you dont seem to understand. Is that every military ever has had infinite problems. And that you just have to be better than anyone else. If Russia or china where held to these standards, the world would never stop laughing at how pathetic they are. This is just like that retarded rand report, that everyone used saying the US would lose WW3 when all rand was even implying was we couldnt hold taiwain, or ukraine, if WW3 versus china and russia started tomorrow. Not that 6 months later beijing and moscow, wouldn't be flying the double quarter pounder above their capitol buildings

Who the fuck have you heard, that isnt a military of ten guys and bi plane that isnt shit. The US hasnt lost a near peer battle since Korea, and china and russia havent won a battle, much less fought any in the last 30 years. And bullying their neighbors like ukraine, is not projecting global power.

>start 2017 saying you're going to massively downsize the military
>start firing everybody
>oh god oh no we fired everybody we need a massive recruitment drive right now hire everybody
>no one wants to do it
>in the midst of your recruitment drive to bring numbers UP, which is failing to meet goals now because no one wants to sign up, simultaneously decide that you're going to fire 18% of your entire armed forces medically trained staff
What are these fucking retards doing

Attached: 1532601073329.gif (300x223, 261K)

LoL, this video literally states, US military technology for conventional warefare is behind china and russia. Not that our tactics are too geared towards dealing with insurgencies, but literally that china and russia have superior military technology.

>Why the U.S. Military is Woefully Unprepared for a Major Conventional Conflict

Is any country? The Russians? The Chinese? Any country in Europe? The US has hardware and combat experienced junior officers and NCOs, not to mention the most advanced Air Force and Navy. The Russians have been whipped in every engagement in the 20th century except WW2 when they accepted about 150 million TONS of military aid from the US. Except for a couple excursions into Korea and Viet Nam, the Chinese are totally untested. As for Europe, don't make me laugh. Don't ever count the English out, but their days as a major naval power are long over-- although I would not be surprised if they could sink both the Russian and Chinese navies.

>Literally anyone mentions auditing the DoD
>suddenly DoD releases a bunch of scary ((((reports)))) about how underfunded they are and how Russia and China's shit tier militaries that operate on 10% of the budget are better in every way, and if you love America you'd better give them another 700 billion dollars
Like clockwork

Excellent points, but I will point out that the English speaking countries will always band together if any comes under attack. Canada, The UK, Australia, and The USA will squabble and snipe at each other as families are likely to do, but if you fuck with one of us, you'll get ALL of us dog piling the aggressor.

COPE

>COPE
Clearly, you can't. Go back to your video games, and cry yourself to sleep, bitch.

Post guns with timestamp

How is it cope? They’re all pretty valid. Sure it’s not a good military, but it’s the best one and most effective out there right now. Whether that’s a good thing or not is a different story

Well this is the most likely answer there is.

Nonsense.
"The US must focus to close the technological gap between it and China and Russia."
Like degrade US tech so they are closer?

Russia is still getting rekkt from losing literally 30% of its entire population to Germany in WW2, they can't do shit.

>Cope
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Attached: 1363210596944.png (253x235, 68K)

Is anyone truly prepared for a major conventional conflict? We haven't had one in over half a century. Nobody knows how it would really go down.

We still haven't solved the whole what to do if the other side starts losing and decides it's worth using nukes problem

>We still haven't solved the whole what to do if the other side starts losing and decides it's worth using nukes problem
That's easy, you make losing an acceptable outcome. Any big conflict is not going to be fought on either of the fighting nation's own land, outside of air raids. Once you have them beat to the point that they can't effectively fight anything but a last defense or start a nuclear war you offer them surrender terms.

In history vastly more wars and conflicts ended without total occupation and destruction of the losing polity than have. Even the First Gulf War ended with simply blowing up the Iraqi army.

At that point you might as well not even have the war in the first place.

No shit. They can't even protect the southern border and the invasion continues...

Attached: the state of America in 2019.webm (960x540, 1.95M)

US soldiers are disposable assets meant to fight Israel's wars, so who cares about their mortality or efficiency, anyway?

Attached: 1556235217645.jpg (749x719, 62K)

Former infantryman here and you have no idea how right you are

I haven’t even watched the video but that is such a stretch. Artillery systems that fire just a lil further doesn’t mean shit nigger when the US has 8 aircraft carriers lol

hippie pussies wont let us kill anything.

let us fucking kill shit.

Attached: DOOM.jpg (490x497, 63K)

Shouldn't be an issue so long as Russia and China have an even more incompetent and corrupt militaries than the western nations combined.

>Soon

Attached: WARSAW Pact.jpg (1400x849, 714K)

Lets hope not user.

>Morale is shit.

What military on earth has good morale, if America's does not?

Note that the US Military is constantly sending their troops to far off places, sometimes dangerous far off places, and you don't see the mass desertions that would normally be expected in a military with shit morale.

The supposed technological gap between the West and Russia/China is probably due to press freedom and censorship.

Something experimental fucks up in the West and there more often than not reports, investigations, media coverage. The russians or chinks can claim to have hypersonic turbo-ship-raper 3000 missile but it can never be verified and if it doesn't work it will be downplayed.

This is just the Pentagon angling for a larger budget. What are the OR rates on Chinese and Russian military vehicles? What does their repair part and depot pipeline look like?

Jihadis, but unironically. Remember that scene from gen kill? "Sorry, timmy, but you seem to have mistaken me for a communist dicksuck". That guy gets arrested in real life because he took a selfie with a corpse meanwhile our enemies take 4k video of POW executions. Our problems aren't merely structural, but cultural. Even a decade ago when that aired, that was already implied to be an "unfortunate reality" of war that we merely had to put up with. The rot set in the day we stopped celebrating bloodthirsty motherfuckers for doing what they were hired to do, and until we regain a singular identity, there will never actually be an enemy we can hate

>almost 34 mins long
Dude, just give a TL;DR already

tl;dr: The US military is woefully unprepared for a major conventional conflict

In the past, securing the border and stopping invaders was very hard politically speaking. From now on it'll be completely impossible: thehill.com/policy/finance/440729-mexico-emerges-as-biggest-us-trading-partner

And Trump is the fucking clown who's responsible for this LMAO.

>"China, Germany, Japan et al BTFO us in the trade system WE imposed on them"
>"that's not fair because we're the Greatest Country In The World™"
>watdo.jpeg
>"I know, let's give Mexico aka the country which presents an existential danger to the United States even more leverage and power than it already has, that'll teach them"

Attached: based retard.png (499x377, 129K)

Come on user, don't play stupid with me. I'm asking for his arguments not the literal title of the video.

double dubs
nice
The tldr though is that the US has been spending far too much money on ineffective or completely useless programs/weapon systems and has been focused on counter insurgency with no emphasis on combatting near peer threats
He specifically mentions the obvious ones like the Zumwalt class, littoral combat ships, F-35 and even the FA 18 for not being an actual improvement on its predecessors
While the US has been bottom bitch to the profit margin of defense contractors, Ivan and Chang have been working nonstop
(His arguments not mine)

Thanks. Valid arguments IMO.

SouthFront is literally russian propaganda

>No emphasis on combatting near peer threats
>Cites F35
Absolute retard

I'm almost sure they are some kind of propagandistic channel controled by the russian goverment but then why would they will be begging for money in all videos?

It's more an issue of politics because the bleeding heart liberals cockblock any attempt to shore up the border because MUH MORALS.

The F-35 is not a significant jump over what the F-15+ would have been, for much cheaper

Been in the army for over 2 years now and we’ve done nothing but train against near peer threats the whole time, perhaps some years ago it was true the military focused almost solely on coin but that ain’t the case anymore and hasn’t been for a while.

>The F-35 is not a significant jump over what the F-15+ would have been, for much cheaper

Go to bed, Sprey.

He's actually right.

Attached: Air Force Magazine May 2019 Full Issue-31.jpg (1071x1600, 383K)

Fucking thank you
I'm fucking seething right now that they're gutting the AMEDD. Some of the jobs and certain things need to be trimmed and pruned, but these fuckers are taking it to the stump with forced cuts and now people are turning and running to the hills to avoid the fuckery. Now that I've been forced into forscom they took my credentials and threw them in the trash to force me to baby sit mouth breathers on motor pool mondays. I'm jumping into the reserves to collect their cushy 15k bonus for being a 66T and stay away from this fuckery

The F-15xyz is an ersatz replacement for legacy aircraft, not a successor.

>F-35's detection range against S-400 is 21 miles against the F-15's 195 miles.

Yep, the F-35 totally inferior to the F-15.

And even then, the F-15X and F-35 don't even fulfill the same roles and comparing them directly is extremely disingenuous. If you want a real comparison against the F-35, you should be comparing it to the actual planes its replacing, legacy hornets, F-16s, and harriers.

>Yep, the F-35 totally inferior to the F-15.
That's about the only advnatage the F-35 has over the newer F-15's. And we don't know how effective stealth truly is.

Is it useful? Certainly. Is it the magic bullet some tout it to be? Doubtful considering IRST, passive radars etc.

>fulfill the same roles
LOL, the F-35's roles change depending on who you ask and when. Give me a break user.

Attached: stealth.png (746x789, 96K)

You should look into what different kinds of radar are used for.

>karlo kopp

lmao

Not Karlo Kopp, the Greek Air Force Academy.

scienpress.com/Upload/JCM/Vol 4_1_9.pdf

By 2024 patreon begging will make up the majority of Russia's government revenue.

Attached: topkek.gif (200x150, 261K)

The graphic is originally from Air Power Australia. It’s well known they have a vendetta against the F-35.

Here’s the graphic, about halfway down on this very page.
ausairpower.net/APA-2009-01.html

ENEMIES... FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC!

didn't you give an oath?

The reality is that the intelligence gap between the Asiatic countries and the modern West is just to great and among the intelligent segments of the Western establishment are too many foreigners who probably won't share the same gusto to fight to the death against Asiatic power blocs.

west is dying

This. In China there are really only like 25 available TV channels and they’re all owned by the govt (CCTV 1, CCTV2, etc).
One them is basically a 24 hour infomercial channel for the Chinese military and news reports/human interest segments about highlighting all the new cool shit they are supposedly doing. It’s all they play, all day and all night.