Unpopular opinions thread

haven't seen one in a while, here we go:
>5.45 in the US is dead. F.
>the US is basically the last place on earth where gun rights are (mostly) respected that isn't a shit hole, thanks to the EU.
>Brent0331 > GarandThumb (both still good).
>mixed camo clothes and gear look cool as fuck
>people arguing over Jow Forums right-wing politics are stupid; people on Jow Forums have pretty diverse political opinions. it is only natural there are autistic opinions and ideologies here, because Jow Forums and Jow Forums are inherently autistic. if you don't like this, then don't get your political opinions from a shitposter on Jow Forums.
>AK reliability is overrated compared to the reliability of an AR made by a reputable manufacturer.
>AK's are still 10000% way more fun than AR's, and their simplicity make them arguably better as general-issue military weapons (especially for big militaries).
>the PKP Pecheneg is the best belt-fed in common use on the planet
>Multicam works really well but looks gross
>pretty soon the proliferation of stuff like armor piercing bullets and thermobaric weaponry will make body armor almost useless except in niche roles like EOD.
>if you want to use a gun for legit combat you should be able to run a mile in 9 minutes (which is on the generous end) or less or else you'd be a practical joke.

have at 'em.

Attached: ReconCompany4thOTBr29.jpg (1920x1220, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8FQotgq_F7c
youtu.be/9OQw6T48inc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dont fucking talk about daddy garandthumb like you know him. i want his cum soaked flannel so bad. I'd wear daddy's flannel to bed every night while we ghost pull a trigger together just before drifting off into slumber

look at daddy go 3:25
youtube.com/watch?v=8FQotgq_F7c

damn daddy

People that say woodland isn’t that good of a camo are wrong in my opinion. It works great anywhere that has greenery or shrubs or any kind of shadow. Desert tri color is equally good. I will concede that woodland is bad in very certain areas, but most common issue camos have that issue. I’m mostly angry that it was replaced by the shit heap that is UCP. The only redeeming quality of UCP is how cheap it is rn

>alice packs don't suck
>small, steel, .38 snub-nose revolvers (j-frames etc.) are fine carry guns

Attached: 92compact.jpg (2272x1704, 951K)

Air guns are fucking amazing for backyard plinking and absolutely adds to rimfire and centerfire handgun accuracy.

Blows my mind when people think the 25y/ 25 meter pistol target is a difficult target. No it's fucking not.

Attached: f593804be1624a94579e0ad994ad8ead.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Almost everything ALICE is good. The only issue is armor obviously, can’t really add armoremed plates to suspenders. But if you can’t afford a plate carrier, a pistol belt with pouches will be the next best thing

Got a good suggestion for an air-pistol? Seems like quality is all hit or miss, unless I want to spend the price of a new handgun anyway.

>There’s nothing wrong with the Mini-14.
>Most people aren’t good enough shooters to take advantage of the accuracy differences between comparable guns.
>20 gauge is actually a better round for most shotgun use cases than 12 gauge
>The best home defense gun for you is whatever you practice with the most. Practice and program compliance is way more important than hardware selection.
>When speaking about SHTF, people put WAY too much emphasis on guns and not enough emphasis on food, water, medicine, and sanitation.
>When SHTF happens, if you’re not part of a tight-knit community or extended family that will take care of each other, you’re a goner no matter what guns or gear you have. Also, if you live within 50 miles of a big city, you’re almost certainly not going to make it.
>You are made of pure soi if you can’t make the Shockwave work well as a practical home defense gun.
>The AR and 5.56 will probably outlast a unified US government and US military. They won’t be switching to anything else anytime in the foreseeable future.
>Buying milsurp gear is for LARPers. Just go buy some high-quality civilian-made stuff. At this point it’s probably cheaper and better than military issue.
>Traps are an integral part of Jow Forums board culture.

+1 on the larpping i think backpacking gear/cycling wear such as long sleave jersey with loose fit and rain/windbreaker layer is better day to day than most mil serp shit

PKM in general is the best MMG ever made

>Vortex, Primary Arms and the SIG made optics are fine for 99% of shooters, you just want to be gucci (probably)
>Playing dressup is fun and no one can take that away
>Too many people just slap tourniquets on their gear and don't know how to properly use them or proper trauma care
>RATS is a glorified rubber band and isn't worth the materials it's made out of

Attached: FmG6vBY.jpg (720x960, 84K)

>When SHTF happens, if you’re not part of a tight-knit community or extended family that will take care of each other, you’re a goner no matter what guns or gear you have. Also, if you live within 50 miles of a big city, you’re almost certainly not going to make it.
Absolutely. Most people seem to have this image of The Road or Mad Max in their minds when prepping, apparently forgetting that the only reason the loner protagonists survive in those settings is because they have plot armor; everyone else survives as a cohesive codependent team.
>Traps are an integral part of Jow Forums board culture.
I agree, but that by no means precludes it from being cancerous af. For something to be "part of board culture", its just has to be forced by a few dedicate neet autists for a few months until it catches, like Baneposting or Sakurafish; its not a litmus of quality.

Or they forget about the part in the road when there was a family

RATS TQ is worth less. About the only thing you can use it for is K9 limbs high-and - tight.
When you get a tq get two. One to train with. Then Get six more and hide them about your person

Attached: 03C6F864-A230-41B6-BFE9-098FF60FEF21.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

All of those are perfectly reasonable conclusions or at worst inoffensive subjective opinions.

>chinkposters need to be purged
>traps aren't cute, they're gay
>girls frontline is just a chinese masterplan to undermine gun owners here

That is all.

Attached: 1528406834_martyrobinsxdd.jpg (720x720, 97K)

>>Most people aren’t good enough shooters to take advantage of the accuracy differences between comparable guns.
That's not an unpopular opinion. Regardless, variances add, which means that you will always benefit from a more accurate gun, though the benefit may be small in proportion to your shitty aim. Also, accurate guns are much better and in particular more efficient training tools.

Chinese body armor works just as well as your overpaid $1000 plates

youtu.be/9OQw6T48inc

Attached: hmifl.png (600x586, 262K)

>I've only ever voted for democrats/green candidates. 2A considerations aren't even in my top 5 of priority issues

Yeah it's kind of silly, a lot of anons here consider it a moral imperative that you plan your personal and political life entirely around gun rights. Lots of other shit matters too. That said, fuck you, commie.

>Thinking that voting matters and we won't be solving our differences with bullets within 20 years.

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 99K)

>Not voting for libs purely to bring the impending civil war ever closer

I will be genuinely impressed if AR pattern rifles last in service with the US longer than the Brown Bess has with England's military.

derp derp voting is and has always been an expression of personal identity and nothing more. The expected utility of voting per se would never be enough to get anyone to the polls.

>>Traps are an integral part of Jow Forums board culture

I would rather allow for furries to openly post then fucking traps

This man is a chink and he wants you to buy an inferior product so you will perish in the upcoming red dawn.

China will win the next conflict against America

Yeah, I don't see why it's a big deal to vote for people who want you imprisoned or dead.

Attached: 1553009948362.jpg (750x520, 27K)

Chinks couldn’t even beat Vietnam though

>5.45 is not dead
>6.5 is a meme
>M1As are pretty rad
>PTR sucks
> The RK62 is the finest rifle ever issued
> The 1911 is still a valid option

>I don't like rails

>PTR sucks

explain

America couldnt either. Not to mention China pushes America's shit in during Korea.

>guns in comparable roles are so similar differences are negligible with very few exceptions
>because of the above the only factors to seriously take into consideration is price and pure looks

I’d argue that Pakistan has pretty good gun rights. Pakistan is also a massive inbred shithole.

Based

A semiautomatic SBS is a fine breach weapon.

Asking if something is Jow Forums approved is absolutely the most beta faggot shit one can post here.

Weapons are not a lifestyle brand. Revolving your life around guns and gun related shit is pathetic. Actually falling for fag shit like the Black Rifle Coffee commercials puts you into same category as the söyboys who buy star wars or dr who crap. Its all the same.

Larping is fucking gay. Most firearms training programs are just larping under a different name.

A very high percentage (95+%) of everyone you know is a bootlicking compliant faggot; this includes your “gun friends”, your wife/gf that you claim to have converted or “was raised around guns”, people at Jow Forums meets, and your very best friends.
People who don’t comply are criminals, and most people cannot handle being considered that, and you will find that you can also trust no one among criminals.

Using social media to tell everyone about how much you love guns/freedom/whatever is retarded. Social media is a control tool, and it would be in your best interest to let everyone think you are a liberal moron like most people on these sites/apps than to group yourself with people who identify as right wing/gun guys in any mainstream social media platform.

Attached: C6DF2C01-163E-42FF-9221-15892A725180.jpg (673x960, 99K)

I bought one in 2013 while on deployment to Afghanistan. Super jacked, good deal, eagerly awaiting it when land. I go pick it up, looks OK, lets go. I go to the range to zero, sight won't move far enough because I ran out of windage. To PTR's credit, they send me a box and do return work promptly.

Get it back. Thy cut the sight off and re-welded. My park job is all sorts of fucked, because the new park is much darker than the grey from the old finish. Not too worried, at least it works. I go back to the range to zero, and my fucking charging handle breaks. Send it back. Get totally new rifle for my trouble.

Get new rifle, go to range to zero (it's now february in WI). During the process, my stock snaps.

Get new stock, trade straight for a WASR and 6 mags and haven't looked back.

I owned an HK91 when I was single in the barracks. I loved it, so I ordered an original HK "Schussrichtung" mount for it and a ZF4 scope for peak cold war aesthetics.

Mount the scope, and rifle will not cycle. Bring it to smith "yea, you crushed your receiver". Pay to have it rebuilt on JLD receiver, test fire and sell for half of what I paid.

Stupidly bought Hesse H91 in high school. receiver cracks.

I guess my grip isn't entirely with PTR, it's with the design. At least the non-military ones. I shot with the Bundeswehr and tried their G3s while training in Hohenfels and they worked excellent, so IDK.

Fuck you trip nigger

Pretty hot takes, but nothing I can disagree with.

>People who don’t comply are criminals, and most people cannot handle being considered that
How do you square that with the massive noncompliance in NY, CA and NJ? Just look up the numbers on voluntary 'salt webbin registries and the (total lack of) high cap mag surrenders if you don't believe me.

I would be glad to be wrong and have less and less people comply than anyone truly realizes.

you're a faggot

>chinkposters need to be purged
>traps aren't cute, they're gay

All of which are public sentiments around this parts.
Did you fail college, fuckin' dunce

>Fuck War

This.

I was just curious about whether if someone thought likewise or if I would just get bombarded by Euros calling me Mutt in regards to Chinkposting.

I didn't even go to college :

Attached: 1533074985354.jpg (224x224, 10K)

>airsoft can be used as a legitimate training aid

explain further

Dude noncompliance is crazy high in the shit states, everyone would be bringing in 30 round mags for shits and giggles when they left the state and the temporary lifting of the mag ban earlier this month opened the window for people to get their hands on even more. Plus the estimated compliance rate with the NY SAFE act was 7% or some shit like that. When you're from those states a lot of times owning neat shit and being a criminal is just part of the game.

Don't know how, but people are gonna take notice to a swathe of new gun owners and existing gun owners taking a shining to cute girls that are just death machines personified.

>"this is the representation of an ar-15 platform weapon in the video game"
>"note how despite its deadly nature, it is reduced to being an archetypal beauty, something you should love and not respect as you should with a firearm"
>"other personified firearms may increase gun ownership and cause a severe surge of fanaticism in regards to these quote 'raifus'"

It sounds borderline autistic, but I can honestly envision some Democratic (((lawmaker))) giving an orientation about this shit.

Attached: 1555702926445.jpg (4092x2893, 980K)

Like I said earlier, I’m glad to hear some good news for once and find out that I could be very wrong about compliance.

lol I doubt "raifus" go mainstream that's an unrelateable level of autism for most people. They'll just be confused.

>most people cannot handle being considered that
odd
I've found that a very small percentage of people I've met haven't been, at some point in their life, a criminal for an extended period of time.

>China pushes America's shit in during Korea
wut
even adjusted per capita, china still took more losses
like 20% more
if you count ONLY active military right now, based on korean numbers (which is retarded to even make this stupid fucking comparison in the first place and you should be ashamed to think the korean war has direct bearing on a modern conflict), yeah china would do okay
honestly, I hope the chinks would do better today
kysdipshit

Something minor like owning pirated crap or something as major as lying to a judge can be interpreted in many ways by people. Most people tend to not try to push it beyond that.

You dont need to have a Gucci AR (but I highly encourage it) and being a poorfag is perfectly fine.