SHTF prepping general

Prepping discord: WMBvjpY
This thread is for preparing (aka prepping) for emergency situations (aka SHTF).

Feel free to discuss topics relating to the 6 categories that are effected; Defense, water, food, medical, shelter, and communications.

To start the thread I'll ask some questions and post some links to useful links and PDFs.

Defense: Do you have many firearms stockpiled or just a few? Do you choose calibers based on how easy they are to stockpile? Do you even have a stock of ammunition?

Water: How much water do you have? How do you store it? If you don't have water, how do you plan to get it? And how do you plan to make it safe to drink?

Food: How much food do you have? What is your go to method of preservation (canning, mylar bags, #10 cans, etc)? Do you go straight for calories, or try to keep nutrition in mind? Do you rotate your food, and set and forget?

Medicine: Do you have medical training? Do you stock medication as well as trauma supplies? Do you have health concerns that you prepare for?

Shelter: Do you know how to build shelters in the wilderness? What preps do you have to protect you from the environment (this can be a discussion of close, shoes, milsurp jackets, tents, emergency blankets, bivys/sleeping bags, or methods to start fires)? Have you been camping in extreme temperatures? Have you actually used your preps in the wilderness?

Coms: Do you have radios? Do you know how to use your radios? Do you have other methods of coms (like whistles or flares) and have you ever tried to use them to communicate?

BONUS: Literature and precious metals. Do you have literature on being prepared for an emergency? Is it hard copy? Have you actually read it yet? Do you have a store of wealth put away in case the grid goes down or the stock market crashes? Do you use crypto to protect your wealth?

>I'll post the links in the first reply

Attached: 13-36-01-1555567775143.jpg (678x381, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marines.mil/News/Publications/MCPEL/Search/MCRP/?Sort=Rank
mega.nz/#!S04hgT7B!XSkLroEQVtUHQfLyi2KzZJbbLHUVbx2NN3K1DZl_8oY
archive.org/details/UrbanSurvival
pssurvival.com/PS/index.htm
hesperian.org/books-and-resources/#
edgeryders.eu/t/autarky-library-501-free-e-books/8791
mega.nz/#F!VuZFRSZK!XHzEqlXVCszWQgjgBRLhrA
archive.org/details/military-manuals?&sort=-downloads&page=3
thehomegunsmith.com/
scribd.com/doc/186614695/DeMarco-F-Improvised-Home-Built-Recoilless-Launchers
patriotrising.com/survival-pdf-files-manuals-guides/
docdroid.net/NTQccoG/joel-m-skousen-strategic-relocation-north-american-guide-to-safe-places-2011-pdf.pdf#page=192
globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf
archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/MEGA-Dokument
homesthetics.net/rocket-stove-plans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

marines.mil/News/Publications/MCPEL/Search/MCRP/?Sort=Rank
mega.nz/#!S04hgT7B!XSkLroEQVtUHQfLyi2KzZJbbLHUVbx2NN3K1DZl_8oY
archive.org/details/UrbanSurvival
pssurvival.com/PS/index.htm
hesperian.org/books-and-resources/#
edgeryders.eu/t/autarky-library-501-free-e-books/8791
mega.nz/#F!VuZFRSZK!XHzEqlXVCszWQgjgBRLhrA
archive.org/details/military-manuals?&sort=-downloads&page=3
thehomegunsmith.com/
scribd.com/doc/186614695/DeMarco-F-Improvised-Home-Built-Recoilless-Launchers
patriotrising.com/survival-pdf-files-manuals-guides/
docdroid.net/NTQccoG/joel-m-skousen-strategic-relocation-north-american-guide-to-safe-places-2011-pdf.pdf#page=192
globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf
archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/MEGA-Dokument
homesthetics.net/rocket-stove-plans/

BUMP

I live in the top floor of an apartment building in a quiet suburb of a major metro area. I have food, water and enough liquor to keep me numb for a year, but I'm unsure of what to do in regards to human waste. How do you Jow Forumsommandos trapped in apartments plan to deal with this problem in the post-apocalyptic hellscape?

Attached: 1554421918092.jpg (500x500, 64K)

Shit in your neighbor’s apartments after you’ve killed them

bump

Attached: 1550032667937.gif (580x721, 103K)

Should I move to America for more freedom wrt guns and prepping? Can't get auto or semi auto here and the guns we are allowed have to stay locked in a safe for most of the year. Also stuff is just really expensive here in general, small houses near the city are $1 million minimum and completely indefensible
t. Australia

Fuck off we’re full

>Should I move to America for more freedom wrt guns and prepping?
>I should move to America for more freedom wrt guns and prepping.
ftfy

Attached: 1554412183602.png (476x446, 87K)

>prepping
>discord
Fucking hell you are just loving that honeypot shit. Which alphabet are you with? Why are you logging all this information?

>America
>Full

Be very quiet. Wait.

the empty parts of America are empty for a reason
>Should I move to America for more freedom
Are you white?

Why the shit tomahawk? A regular 19inch hatchet is gonna fuck your day pretty well, process wood much better. Also try processing why sort of larger type wood with it, might as well suck start a lawnmower.

> move to burger
> get guns
> everybody got guns
honestly, it's a wash. innahabbening is all about:
> being in a cohesive unit/clan thing
> being better prepared to do violence than the next group
in bong land, it's gonna be brooms and screwdrivers, but it's not about that.
it's about the local power balance. If that means axes, fine.
If it means m249s, also fine. It's just about finding that edge.

This. Go down stairs and kill your neighbor, punch a hole through your floor, set up toilet over it and shit. Tada, Alaskan homesteading outhouse..

Thanks I’m on a list now.

t. citizen of Detroit, Baltimore or Chicago

can we get first aid essentials and literature?

>in bong land, it's gonna be brooms and screwdrivers, but it's not about that. it's about the local power balance. If that means axes, fine.

You're insane. It may be you are socially isolated or need help I know plenty of people who own CF rifles and shotguns in the UK. You however sound like you are one step away from being an axe murderer. Have a cup of tea and talk to your GP about mental health services

this. plenty of bongs with their gramps ww2 guns hidden away for a rainy day

No. America is shit.

What are some essential food supplies to get? I'd kill myself if I had to live off rice for twenty years

Defense:
- got a safe full. Shotguns, rifles, pistols. Some ammo stocked for all of them, and reloading equipment for some of them.

Water: Have a few gallons on standby, some cleansing pills, some bleach, and a filter.

Food: Have a few months' worth of dry and canned supplies spread over two caches. Trying to rotate them over three years.

Medicine: Have a little army basic training, and some books. Have supplies of gear, but very little meds.

Shelter: I can build wilderness shelters, but have half a dozen tents of various sizes plus tarps. Also space blankets, rain ponchos, parkas, modular clothing, sleeping bags, sleeping pads and blankets.

Coms: Got CB and FM portable radios plus walkies and rudimentary skills with them. Also whistles and signal flares. One of my radios also receives standard FM radio.

BONUS: I don't do precious metals. That money I am putting into useful gear. My literature consists of paper books, plus some on-file info.

Missing from OPs list:
-Electronics. Got two solar recharging banks. One keeps my flashlight and cell phone recharged and has a small signal/flash light built in. The other panel is connected to a 12V battery for other needs. Still looking for a suitable set of lamps to use with that, and a decent emergency radio. Fuck, maybe even a small TV. Looking for a handy connection for my laptop there as well.

>3 weeks into rice and beans
>hot sauce runs out
>eat a #4 buck load

Beans, peas, honey, salt, pasta, cooking oil. Stuff that'll last a long long time yet require little space or money.

I found this at my local milsurp store. Is James Wesley Rawles legit, or a hack?

Attached: 6446097.jpg (315x475, 76K)

Continue to use your toilet as usual.

Even without running water you can use waste water to flush it and let gravity and pipes do the rest.

Staples-
Rice, beans, dry pasta, honey, peanut butter, cornmeal, all purpose flour, canned tuna, canned sardines, canned ham, canned chicken, canned beef, mixed canned veggies, canned tomato sauce, canned tomato paste, canned diced tomatos, and any other canned goods that sound good to you.

Cooking and flavor-
Canned ghee, canned olive oil, canned lard, any other canned oils you can find. Salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, rosemary, sage, thyme, basil, onion flakes, garlic powder, cinnamon, plus any spices specific to your favorite foods.

Now, the critical part; cookbooks. At least 4. Real cookbooks, not trendy diet bullshit. The good housekeeping cookbook is an excellent place to start. The Martha Stewart cookbook is really good, too. It has a whole section on what to keep in your pantry and spice shelf for everyday cooking.

He’s a hack but his info is ok, in a generic way.

An item i see often overlooked whoch could be very helpful in an urban setting is a crowbar, it will get you in pretty much everything and it doesn't have to be huge

My credit score is 732, don't for one second think I'm some sort of savage nigger.

Bump

those guns are going to be rusted to hell without any ammo and no ones going to know how to use them. kill gun culture long enough and it doesnt matter how many enfields and mp40s are out there

Attached: 1554509519641.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Why did the Brits turn their country into such a police state in the first place?

all of the good ones left for america circa 1700

Attached: z5b1h3edezn21.jpg (603x671, 58K)

>Even without running water you can use waste water to flush it and let gravity and pipes do the rest.
In the short term sure, but won't at some point that not be an option?

Attached: 1541457898164.png (1565x987, 2.2M)

are composting toilets any good? i'm not the apartment guy

Attached: gnOwO.jpg (499x499, 81K)

I did that for a period. Admittedly just at a cabin, but there was a water closet. Normally it works just fine but we had a drought last summer and our cistern went dry. I made do by bringing cans of water there and emptying some into the water closet. As far as I could tell it worked out perfectly.

No I get that you can just fill the tank by hand and flush indefinitely, I want to know how long you can flush into an un-operated/maintained city system without stuff backing up/spewing shit all over my bathroom

Attached: 1555543026490s.jpg (125x121, 3K)

bump

Thanks for making this a copypasta. I'm flattered.

Information isn't illegal, yet (in the US).

Look at the links.

5 gallon bucket. Use a foam pool tube as a cushion to sit on. Put a trash bag on the brim. Store that and TP, soap, hand sanitizer etc. in the bucket.

Only if you agree to vote Republican or Libertarian.

Soi sauce, hot sauce, and teriyaki sauce lasts forever. So do the ramen flavor packets.

Legit.

Attached: get away from my store bracky.jpg (643x959, 69K)

you have a bayonet lug but a non-compatible, non-utilitarian knife?
sweet beanie bro

>food
Nutrition is big, dried beans, quinoa, rice, etc. are worth stockpiling. Artichokes and cress grow virtually year round, carrots, beets, and many other vegetables can be kept for months in a box of sand in the basement. Chickens are easy kept and eggs will be common currency as well as nutritionally important. Meeting your micronutrient needs by sparingly including fresh vegetables with carbs like rice and some fresh fish or game will improve your chances of survival through the inevitable flu/infection/whatever that always kills lots of people in time of unrest. Don't eat birds or rats in cities.
>medicine
Learn how to clean, dress, and stitch wounds. Stockpile everyday medicines; mucinex, laxatives, aspirin. Watch how it turns into gold within months of being unavailable, especially in colder climates.
>defense
Don't appear to be worth the trouble except to your nearest neighbors. Safety in numbers.
>bonus
Learn how to operate an alcohol distill, can foods, or work on firearms. And plenty others, but develop some skills of production. Men are expected to die if they have nothing to offer.
>bigger bonus
SHTF isn't the adrenaline fueled operator fantasy many believe it is. It is the slow creep of anxiety, disbelief, and uncertainity. Small mistakes and laziness become big issue. People are usually not violent sociopaths that kick in doors for your daughters, they are just confused and scared people.

fuckin' told yo

>Alcohol distilling
Is there any good reading material for this? I've wanted to find a still (25L or so?) and take a shot at making vodka for a while given how ridiculously high alcohol taxes are over here
t. Australia

explain the current state of your country then

Home distilling is legal in Austalia, and a big hobby. You can even sell the product if you pay the tax. Your local hardware store probably has everything you need to get started.

>SHTF isn't the adrenaline fueled operator fantasy many believe it is
my dad doesn't realize this and doesn't care about water filtration and food

Attached: club grab.jpg (750x903, 45K)

Get away from my store bracky

in the land of swamp water, the antidiarrheal-haver man is king

Attached: nk6hfqild6m21.jpg (3024x4032, 1.81M)

Sewage systems are gravity systems, for the most part. There will be municipal lift stations or siphons anywhere sewage needs to reach a higher elevation, or if they can’t achieve a slope of 1/4” per foot of horizontal run. None of this is your problem if you live on any kind of elevation, or if you live above the ground floor. Flooding/clogging problems will happen at street level, anywhere the sewer line is below the lift station sump. Assuming, of course, the lift station pumps are inop. Typically, lift stations have diesel genset backups, and battery backups for the float sensors. That means the sewage system will keep working for a week or so after the lights go out.

Download the USGS topo maps for your area, pinpoint your location, see which way the land slopes. Snoop around on your local municipality website, and elsewhere, until you find the sewer treatment plant that serves your area. If it’s lower than you, you’ll have no problems except for a possible clogged main. If it’s above you, you have a significant chance of catching backflow when the lift station goes down. That would be a bugout scenario. Nobody wins when they’re shoveling shit against the tide.

It also wouldn’t hurt to become aware of the locations of lift stations, in general. Knowing where to lay hands on a genset can be useful knowledge. Sneaking in and shutting down the auto start function would be even better, because that preserves the fuel supply. Don’t do that to the lift station servicing your home, though. Pick the areas you want to flood with shit.

>Nintendo switch

Sure showed him

>Juul

Where did you learn all this? Career or just side reading?

with the GDP that's up 3.2% over last year and the lessened globalist social zeitgeist or the legal semi autos?

In SHTF the man who has enough invested in gear to buy a car does not fare as well as the man who spent the money on stockpiling luxuries only a functioning society offers. No one thinks about shampoo, or clean clothes, as being a necessity.

Jews and women’s suffrage

Shampoo is not a necessity, are you retarded?

that's why no one thinks about it being a necessity :^)

>implying people will immigrate to the empty areas

Attached: 1556338503111.jpg (512x911, 54K)

>>Jow Forums

Nice to have for bartering if nothing else

The man who has luxuries to sell in a disaster scenario but not the equipment to defend them, will soon have neither.

Bump

Get away from my store bracky

Based misogynist

Should I be worried about being in the flight path of a small airport if I'm planning to bug in?

I'm worried about pic related.

Attached: 130531064349-vo-plane-crashes-into-apartment-complex-00002405-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg (980x552, 110K)

That makes sense and answered many of my questions. Thank you based-sewage expert user

Attached: 1554698177652.jpg (1920x1280, 840K)

>Jow Forums plumbing and heating

Good read, I thought about using trashbags and plastic buckets but that is a pain in the ass to do and wasteful.

hey /K i heard cooper can be used to clean water can someone confirm?

Attached: doomer op8.jpg (1075x1226, 526K)

It kills bacteria in water

fucking fag

My prepping is shite. Not much funs, Not much ammo...

But im getting there, slowly! I finally got a house in rural northern GA. And ive bought a dehydrator and have started making jerky and storing preserved foods through jarring and am steadily stockpiling water, canned foods, and barter shit.

My question is, since my time is limited and i've opted towards either getting some solar going for the home or starting on converting a half acre towards gardening to stockpile seeds and preserve food?

On one hand i have a good local hippy garden outlet that sells bulk heirloom seeds, fruit trees, etc and stuff for composting. On the other my neighbor is a retired master electrician who owes me a favor for helping put out his car port that caught on fire one night and can help me install and set up a solar setup if i need it.

Input?

If you do the bag/bucket route, you’ll want to add a water balloon launcher to your kit. Turn your shit into a problem for somebody a quarter mile away to deal with.

Career. I’m a boomer, I’ve managed to pick up all manner of arcane knowledge just by going to work every day.

Shame that isn't a legion series sig.

Do solar first. Gratitude is a perishable commodity, and the guy might croak tomorrow anyhow. Don’t do your garden until you’ve planned it out 8 ways from Sunday. Take into account the slope of the land, for drainage and solar exposure, the type of soil, what crops grow well in your area, and the most effective calorie load per square foot of garden. Look at vertical gardening techniques, raised bed planters, straw bale planters, cold frames, and greenhouses. Get chickens to control pests, those fuckers will eat a mouse if they can catch it. Look at the max amount of growing season you can eke out of each year, and look for ways to extend it.

Solar install is in and done, boom. A subsistence garden is a decade-long project that’ll never be quite done.

Consider the following according to the Rule of Threes
3 Minutes without Air
3 Days without Water
3 Weeks without Food
3 Months without People
3 Years without Taxes

B12:
Band Aids (First Aid)
Barter (Transactions)
Batteries (Power)
Beans (Foodage)
Bikes (Transportation)
Blah, Blah, Blah (Commo)
Blankets (Shelter)
Books (Information)
Bouncy Balls (Entertainment)
Buddies (Human Element)
Build (New Rules Tech)
Bullets (Weapons)

what in autist is this shit

>3 Months without people
Explain, plz.

Just some Planny-Thinky stuff.
Here's some pretty colors.

We're social animals.

Attached: Sdz91Lb.jpg (602x339, 26K)

...and with the attachment, this time.

Attached: icao-rm_orig.png (968x550, 33K)

Gotcha. I've always seen the rules of three, but it was just about food, water, air and shelter. When ever mental stuff comes up, it's usually just about morale, using short term stuff like some dice/card games to deal with it, you're lucky if you got some one to play those games with too. So good job including that.

So what's the story behind that picture?

/fa/ meetup. it was a good time

get away from my store bracky

Pack a couple marijuana seeds. Besides helping with the inflammation of the apocalyptic hardship, it will keep your appetite satisfied with the bland.

Whats everyone wearing on their feet if SHTF?

A man's gotta eat...

no
the likelihood that something catastrophic goes wrong on ascent or decent that magically disables the pilot or aircraft, entirely, is pretty low, especially with small planes
they can just glide back down
given an actual pilot, the preflight should take care of most issues
>t. amateur pilot
you should be more worried about having your home invaded or being hit by a car
both much more likely than pic related

>Band Aids (First Aid)
I have never once known a use for these things. A decade working outside farming and building my hands are a mass of scars. Yet not once have I ever had any reason to use a band aid for anything

What if the ILS fails? (and its dark)

Then you hit the lotto of shit luck?

>Discord
Uh no

In theory you can get blood all over your clothing, attract insects, catch an infection, or manage to tear the wound up further. Hands are however the parts of the body that heals fastest. Considering a dozen bandaid weighs half a gram it wouldn't be the main weight problem in most kits.