What's Jow Forumss opinion on the new Sako RK62M3?

What's Jow Forumss opinion on the new Sako RK62M3?

Attached: 7c141eb.jpg (2048x1520, 456K)

>Magpul stock on an AK
egads

It's adjustable, so it's better than what was.

Looks nice. It's a desent makeover to bring it up to date. Only thing, that I would add would be a adjustable cheekrest.

bumpyty

It's still in fucking 7,62. Someine tell the departament of defence what year it is.

Some of the current laws still have Kings signature on them and lot of the stuff I used during my service had Imperial eagles stamped on them so I'd say that the current year is circa 1834.

That's how it is in conscript armies.

>unironically using current year as an argument
7.62x39 performs better in a forest. Virgin 5.56 ricoches off branches and can't penetrate the THICC spruces growing everywhere, while chad 7.62 penetrates the tree, the soldier behind it and his mother & sister, leaving them sexually satisfied.

It still looks un-aesthetic tho

I like the new selector switch. Now you have two ways to flip it. I still fell, that modifying the receiver cover so it would have a permanent picadinny rail on top could be a good idea... and yes also the adjustable cheekrast could be nice that mentioned. 7.62 x 39... Aah... I guess it has it's purpose in finnish wood. Looks pretty solid to me.

I don’t think aesthetics make any difference. The RK62(M3) is a tool for a soldier and it has a single purpose. Who cares what it looks like, as long as it’s reliable and does what it is designed to do. I believe the use for 7.62x39 ammo has another great reason behind it....neighboring country also uses same caliber, hence allows use of any captured ammo/rifles if ever needed.

>there are only 2 rifle calibers in existence

correct

My opinion is we dont need 4 threads in the catalog over a fucking furniture swap. At least the final AK12 had a pinned and railed dust cover, this is just keymod and plastic.

Bump

And 7.62 kills just fine? Replacing the entire armory to swap calibre is a fucking humongous investment for the most minimal gain imaginable.

bumpity

Stop bumping this thread there is already one up

No.

Looks dope
Will never have one rip

stop

Attached: rkecrtysdjjh.png (338x236, 54K)

I actually kinda like it, and I usually despise tacticool looking AKs.

I hear Russia is going back to 7.62 because 5.45 is a weak pussy round.

Looks cool enough.

>new
They're just refurbishing and slapping some accessories on a 50 year old rifle to save money
The rifles are great when new but many of the RK62s in inventory have been beat on by conscripts for decades and are beyond the point where refurbishing would help
The RK95TP was supposed to replace it but they never made more beyond the first round of batches

Attached: A57ralA.jpg (1806x1050, 483K)

Every rifle get punished in a hands of a conscript. I bet they do the overal check up and change the bended barrels or rattling receiver cover etc. when the old rifles get to the weapons & ammo depot. As long the firing control group is ok, then the rifle will be fine and working. It' a rugget motherfucking platform, so don't worry about it.

My service set was 2/99 and we had RK62's with a newer style front handguard, not the "cheese grater" model. My rifle had seen some beating. Barrel was slightly bend to left so I had to compensate it to right when shooting, but I learned to shoot with it and got some nice grouping with it too. My RK also also had this "feature"... When your racked the boltcarrier very slowly back it jammed in open. you could actually walk around with bolt fully open until the gun hit something or you give it a slap on the side with your palm.

Still an AK, still inferior. Eat a dick with your retarded spam posting OP.

>many of the RK62s in inventory have been beat on by conscripts for decades and are beyond the point where refurbishing would help
yeah, but there's still 500k of them and with 30-40k conscripts a year I doubt they're going to touch the majority of the guns. much more likely they beat the shit out of the same 40k guns a year until they're useless and then dig up a new one. milled AKs only last 100k rounds anyway

>Still an AK, still inferior
Yeah, as opposed to Russia, who doesnt use AKs.

>they beat the shit out of the same 40k guns a year until they're useless and then dig up a new one
Actually most of the times in FDF that is not what they're doing. Like for tanks they rotate the amount required (not gonna say numbers) for the conscript + reservist training and for backup each year and then they rotate those every few years.

This way you learn the malfunctions in the "new" vehicle you have taken from the warehouse. The more high-tec military gear, like tanks for example, gets slowly malfunctionging if being stored. For example the hyrdaulic hoses of the turret of the Leopard 2a4 lose their lubricant and start drying out and breaking. The vehicle gets a lot of "H-WNA" errors and hydraulic problems. Rotating the vehicles gives a chance to fix all these problems. Conscripts are really good at breaking stuff.

Of course tanks are a bit different from assault rifles. There are like 200 main battle tanks but hundreds of thousands of guns.

Yeah, blocks of steel with a few springs don't malfunction like that. Lube them up and put them in a dry place and they'll be fine forever.

There are some small malfunctions, but only in like "one per hundred guns" or whatever.
Another reason for the rotation is to keep the overall wear of the equipment at low. Of course if you have used the same stuff for many many years the wore will go up, but the idea is still there.
Like the self propelled artillery is slowly getting old because of this and needs replacement soon.