Taking down tanks

In a hypothetical civil war 2.0, tanks would most certainly be used, what is the best way for a civilian to take them down? Lighter AFVs are of course easier to take down, as M2 Brownings are legal and therefore widespread

Attached: M1A1-Abrams-1.jpg (1086x610, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ExFidetD4Lw
youtu.be/Rqq1XtHauoc?t=1102
m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_OTOkDtRk
quora.com/Can-thermite-be-used-against-armored-vehicles-like-tanks-and-APCs,
youtube.com/watch?v=Mumt5M0gusE
youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First thing: destroy Bridges and roads.
2nd: ask the Chinese and Russians for AT launchers

did they change the turret on that thing? it looks less blocky

Anything a civilian can concoct though?

Molotovs

Ambush their crews at Burger King.

The best way to take down tanks is to go where the tanks aren't, and kill some soft targets, then run away before the tanks get there. repeat as necessary until the tank runs out of gas or throws a tread.

the second best way to take them down would be to wait for the crews to get out or the tanks to refuel, then shoot the soft gooey things inside.

the third best way to get rid of tanks is to steal TOW missiles from the national guard and use those.

the fourth best way to kill tanks is to pack a bunch of explosives in a culvert and blow it up when you see a tank.

the fifth best way to destroy a tank is to dig a very large hole, and get the tank to drive into it.

the sixth best way is to find a tank of your own, and use that. using tanks to destroy other tanks is not an efficient use of your tanks.

That’s a good summary.

>what is the best way for a civilian to take them down
There really isn't one unless you somehow manage to capture some javelin launchers. Best strategy is to avoid contact with them entirely and go about sabotaging their fuel and supply lines.

I get what you mean, its different when you are fighting on home soil

Hold on guys. In this scenario the crew in the tanks are Americans. These are American tanks. These are American guardsmen and soldiers here. Do we really want to hurt them? I'm sure they don't want to hurt us either. What if we all just sat down and talked about it? We have everything in common after all. We came from the same schools, know the same people, watch the same television shows. I think there's a better way to handle this is all I'm saying.

If they engage American civilians, they're enemies.

No, that is literally the summary for fighting on Home Soil. If you are fighting on home soil against a foe that has tanks, one way or another you will have TOWs and tanks of your own, and even if you don't, you will probably have access to high explosives of one sort or another, like artillery shells. I mean, if a military is going after you with fucking tanks, you aren't going to sweat a little bit of burglary or grand theft auto.

see those gaps on the tank? stick something that will explode in there and the tank gets fucked

Infringe upon my rights and you are going to get molotov'd. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven and declared free speech a work of the devil. I would crucify him again without a second thought.

based

>Whoa man, that's Jesus your talking about

you give them a message like this, and then whatever happens, happens.

tl note: Alik died.

youtube.com/watch?v=ExFidetD4Lw

turret ring is a weakspot, but the top and bottom are too

Yea when they get the army full of spics and trannies (like they are doing now) there will be no common ground.

most of the tanks are under command of enlisted troops- therefore logic holds that most tank commanders will defect to rebel (constitutional) forces

Jesus stole my hubcaps

Quickly open the hatch and spill the contents of a 55 gallon drum filled with peanut butter inside.
Then we leave the rest of the work to the ants.
Celery and raisins encouraged but optional.

All I'm saying is maybe it'd be a bit more productive if instead of shooting each other, we shot the people making us shoot each other, and then go shoot the Mexicans?

Tanks have in fact seen some technological improvements since the 40s.
youtu.be/Rqq1XtHauoc?t=1102

If they didn’t become deserters the second they were ordered to fight Americans then they can get fucked.

Colorized version

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_OTOkDtRk

Basically the reason I got out was refusing to guard poppy fields.

Or we could burn all of them and not have this problem again. End of the day, I'm only going to fuck shit up until it is no longer my problem in any way that I can perceive in my daily life. If the forces that be want to continue their proxy wars using other people elsewhere in the world, so be it. But if my countrymen are rolling armoured convoys through town, stripping away rights and declaring martial law, those motherfuckers deserve to burn, because they are no longer my countrymen. They have a duty to protect the nation and its citizens, as well as uphold and protect the constitution. Anyone who would not only turn their back on those ideals but work to destroy them gets nothing but molotovs in return. Concede no ground when it comes to rights and liberty.

Ways to reduce armor threat:
Attack fuel transportation, storage and production
Operate in areas armor is less effective (marshes, swamp, cities ect.)
Destroy transport infrastructure (roads, bridges, rail ect.)
Make huge EFPs, a big enough EFP can defeat any vehicle

Attached: lalala_just_going_to_cook_off_some_ammo__3_by_izumasu47-d7h9adf.jpg (641x578, 55K)

thermite, lots of it on the tank and watch it gets fucked

thermite is a shitty weapon against armored vehicles

retard

There wouldn't be a civil war without breakaway units in the military itself who don't agree with it, most likely the airforce and ANG would be among the first to counter attack and fight back against whatever hypothetical fascist regime we're talking about here

But yourself in the shoes of the crew, you have been ordered to engage your countrymen.
You can object right then and there but your superior giving the order is ok with that because they gave the order so it's better to keep your mouth shut for now.
You mount up and start rolling out, once away from the base your first chance comes up, you can break off from the formation and see if your platoon is willing to kill their own to stop you, you known your guys so act accordingly.
If that isn't an option because they are peak ZOGbot you wait until the formation gets broken up by terrain, you can even take this chance to talk to the other commanders about a mass defection. If the terrain never offers this option you can wait for shutdown and have a quiet talk to other commanders then.

Basically if a tank crew is still operation for the government on day 2 it's because they want to and their fate is sealed by that choice.

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

Explain

Have you ever read "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine, by chance?

This kinda explains why, quora.com/Can-thermite-be-used-against-armored-vehicles-like-tanks-and-APCs, but it rings true, ceramic armor is protected against this, and it takes time to melt, which means it is harder to disable a moving target

No.

>what is an EFP
>what is a IED
Stop with the quitter talk and think for yourself.

How do I synthesize RDX?

youtube.com/watch?v=Mumt5M0gusE

No idea, ETN is a simple nitration of an artificial sweetener and can function as a primary when sensitized with aluminium and can be cast into a booster with high v-det to overdrive tertiary explosives like ANFO.

Attached: the_more_you_know.png (900x655, 493K)

ANNM fertilizer bomb?

Based and respectable to the bone...

National Guard units answer to their governor. In a sense, they're a state's military and the only way the federal government gets to take them overseas is by getting a governor to approve it first. Schwarzenegger famously told Bush to fuck off when he requested the California National Guard for Iraq, Jerry Brown said no to Trump on using the CNG for the border operation. If it gets bad enough that they end up setting up martial law and civilians fight back, then many of those governors are going to turn on the federal government. It wouldn't be as one-sided a war at first.

1. Adidas pants
2. Vodka bottle, handkerchief and lighter
3. Adidas shoes

not really a whole lot, dig a pit maybe, molotov cocktails do not work on modern tanks

Spic and or tranny

And what of it faggot

Dig a very big hole

EFP IED's.

Attached: De3wsvDWkAANjCG.jpg (900x1200, 144K)

You can't.
All American MBT's are invincible, unstoppable, undeadable remove machines.
Except the ones that got blown up, they were monkey models

Honestly spics are pretty honorable if you gain them to your side, and usually quite brave. Niggers are a whole different story.

T.been in jail and know them both well

Ok, so here's a quick summary. All scientifical of course, and I'm in no way condoning violence.

>dig hole, 4 meters deep
>mix 98 parts AN (fertilizer) with 2 parts diesel
>make enough to fill one of those HUGE containers used to store propane or such
>pack full with ANFO (the thing you created)
>get a grenade is possible but preferably a stick of dynamite (you can make yourself or even use BP) and rig up an electrical switch and wires to go to your position where you wait with the switch and binoculars
>stuff it into the middle of the container and seal it off enough to still let the wires come out. >Make a huge copper cone that you can barely fit in the hole
>put the cone with the nose down over the bomb
>should be a few meters between the cone and the road
>cover the hole with dirt (supposed to be a dirt road)
This will make the worlds biggest shaped charge and should be able to penetrate literal meters of steel. This will kill literally any ground vehicle. Have fun

bait

F to the 131st motor rifle brigade

Big ass IED... The tank is far from indestructible, a couple of hundred pounds of even ANFO will literally rip it apart.

Most soldiers are brainwashed bootlickers. They will do what they are told 99% of the time

Civil war, You say. The strongest enemy of the armored forces is the piss poor infrastructure and vast swathes of land between You and mobster forces.
Also, as a fighter of the Independent States of Siberia You are in vicinity of the tank deep storages. With a little help You can run Your own fleet of capable, if aging, T-64s.

Attached: 1523830694648m.jpg (1024x803, 183K)

And yet a couple of molotovs will still literally burn the tank down if the fire is not extinguished... The fire supression system has only one or 2 charges, if another molotov makes it onto the armored louvres, then you'r fugd, the powerpack is not designed to be on fire. Once cables start burning through and shorting, the tank becomes a mobility kill. If it's still on fire, it's only a matter of maybe ať most 1/2 hour before the crew has no other option but to evacuate.

Just mobility kill them with some sort of IED, or fuck over supply trains/repair areas. Sabotaging fuel supplies also works. Don't even think about fighting one head on.

Howdy, American soldier here. (SPC A CO 2/503 173rd IBCT (A)) This discussion seems to be going off of a lot of assumptions. The whole “Spics and trannies” shit is true for POG occupations. Infantry/Tanker and other combat MOS’s are pretty heavily white, and beyond that mostly rural right wing whites. POGs in the Army are essentially equivalent to civilian office workers. They fire a rifle maybe 3 times a year and most of them joined solely for the gimmedats. And armored vehicles wouldn’t be sent after some Jow Forumsommando hiding in the woods. You’d probably just get drone striked :^)

Those would just bounce off. Without any cannon, most of the energy used to propel those is wasted.

But what about ammunition?

You'd best try to come up with some way to stop a tired middle aged deputy with a bad back in an SUV first, because that's what is going to stop you when they show up with a warrant to arrest you and you panic, barricade yourself for a few hours then kill yourself.

>muh abrooomz!!!!

Attached: DOfp4L3VwAAxZb0.jpg (600x576, 33K)

Dig real big ditches

They didn't even know why they were there.

The Russian personnel were simply told they were protecting roads, not that they were taking Chechnya. The thing is, there was an element of truth to this; Chechnya had become a safe haven for criminals across the post-USSR, and ethnic russians lacked the blood-ties to ensure that they would not be victimized by bandits, the Chechens were left largely unmolested because if anybody fucked with them they'd be ripped apart by the cousins of their victims. Add on to this the fact that bandits and everyone else had access to all the munitions that had been abandoned when the CIS withdrew from Chechnya.

Huge IEDs.

Wrong, as having your own armor, air support and AT means is actually THE best way to deal with enemy tanks, while "not going where tanks go" means the enemy is literally dictating your strategy and most certainly has the initiative on you..

I enjoy making screencaps of these threads and then posting them in tank shitstorms, as the proof of Jow Forums's consensus on the absolute vulnerability of M1s. I mean, according to you guys US Army is basically retarded for still fielding these, as they can be easily and reliably taken out by a literal retard with a shovel.

That is NOT how shaped charges work, you absolute brainlet. They require very specific relation between the characteristics of the explosive, the velocity of explosion, the material, mass and shape of the charge liner, and focus distance between the charge and the armor plate at the moment of detonation to create a penetrating hypervelocity jet. Otherwise you just have a shitty HE with some copper frags. Please post your disagreement - I need it for my "Jow Forums proves that NERA was a mistake and doesn't work" compilation.

Attached: snap2.jpg (345x345, 24K)

>when the CIS withdrew from Chechnya
>CIS
Fukken wut.

That's absolutely not how it worked according to any civil war in history.

Just ploop a grenade down the barrel like in pic related?

Attached: ArtBoard Image (279).jpg (750x500, 203K)

this gets me everytime

if there is a big field that you need to protect you can stake barbed or unbarbed wire into the ground and place it about 3-6 inches off the ground it’s best if you conceal it in grass

based Afghan poster

Oh shit didnt know the confoderates removed their robot occupation of checnya

>Except the ones that got blown up, they were monkey models
Wrong, American MBT's have never been blown up. That explosion and cookoff you saw? Just the blast doors working as intended.

Personally, I don't think tanks would see much use. Most of the roads in America aren't built to accommodate them and the federal government would want to minimize damage to their/our own infrastructure as much as possible. Plus, tanks are primarily for killing enemy armor, and assuming the military doesn't fracture and stays under federal control, the civi side won't have any armor that needs killing. I think we will see a lot more MRAPs and Bradleys than MBTs.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

If you're a spic we can find some common ground
If you're a tranny get the fuck out of here and kys

So what has changed?

Attached: 1555940246017.png (686x692, 455K)

Manhole EFPs?

Create bogs.

Attached: 12563673732523.jpg (2048x1365, 572K)

Just hide in a relatively urbanized area and booby trap the road ahead them molotov the tank making a death trap then use the guns against their fellow feds.Tanks are overrated

Attached: tank1.jpg (495x869, 175K)

>"not going where tanks go" means the enemy is literally dictating your strategy and most certainly has the initiative on you.
In a conventional war this is true, but in an insurgency it isn't. The canadians in afghanistan did find out that having leopards with them on patrols drastically reduced the chances of contact, but that's not a civil war 2.0 type scenario. In a proper civil war not all of the tanks currently in stock will actually be available to any 1 faction, so chances are very good there aren't enough of them to go around to cover ground to defend against insurgents, while also keeping them massed enough to be useful in conventional usage.

Large tiger pits that they can’t get out of. Molotov’s to the intake. Jam a coconut in the barrel so when they try to send it it blows up like in the cartoons. Locate and destroy refueling stations. Find storage and sabotage before they have the chance to start em. Lots of ways.

Not to permaded them no (other than the fuckhuge bombs the other guys mentioned). But smaller explosives might be able to throw tracks, which I've heard is a pain in the ass to fix. And if you're on that side of that fight, that's all you're trying to be: a pain in the ass.