Mag Hoarding

Why the fuck do boomers hoard hundreds of AR 15 mags?

This sentiment is even popular on r*ddit and other gun sites.

Attached: hoard.jpg (1024x768, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5J3Jm8HbHKU
youtu.be/5J3Jm8HbHKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hundreds is just silly, but having 20 or so on hand plus some spare springs and followers isn't a bad idea. You never know when 1200 rounds will last your whole life

it's one of the easiest things the gun grabbers are going for right now.
If they manage to ban ((((high cap))))) mags, and a lot of gunowners have a metric shit ton of them, it becomes a stupid endeavor and a giant middle finger to the shitlibs.

So you can distribute them to a platoon of your friends.

I'd rather have like 10, but there are literally people who will buy the PSA deals for instance every time they appear and hoard and many people have hundreds, and it is considered popular and acceptable to do so.

I think maybe its the tactical bearded YouTube fags that push a lot of this autism. Even if youre the .0001 percent who takes a couple of classes for rifle shooting every year its not like youre going to break hundreds of mags and need all that shit.

You can make mags fairly easy these days, hell you could 3d print them. I dont see a need to hoarding that many.

Even if they get banned or shtf how the hell are you going to use that many mags? Unless youre just arming others or something.

Thats one "valid" use I suppose.

Mags bans are easy to push through, its seen as an investment since preban mags would be worth a lot. Same reason people horde .22 and buy like 20 AR lowers during scares.

Boomers are faggots who intend to resell everything buy at marked up prices.

>You can make mags fairly easy these days
but will they be any good? you'll save time and money just buying cheap p mags

because they're ready to shoot it out with glowies unlike your pussy zoomer ass

My logic is I've got 7 mags on my rig including the one in my rifle, and 20 is a nice round number roughly double that so you could rearm twice without reloading if you absolutely had to, or you'd have plenty of spares for years of parts if you don't

So basically boomer scum hoarding shit to scalp just like they do with milsurp?

I can't buy any fucking milsurp for a reasonable price because of asshat hoarders who let the shit rust in their garage next to their shitty overpriced Harley.

Not as good as pmags I figure. Though even still, I dont see that as a reason to have hundreds

>hell you could 3d print them
Not everyone has a 3D printer and the materials to print tons of mags on hand
>Unless youre just arming others or something.
Loaded mags are much better than stopping to load up a mag in some hypothetical situation, but yes, the best thing to being armed in shtf situation is to have a bunch of buddies with you that are armed. Lone wolfing doesn't really work so good unless you literally have Jon Rambo's training and expertise or you're staying the fuck away from civilization completely.

Boomers? The generation of israeli praising pussy faggots who watched this nation go down the toilet? Yeah sure bud.

Go back to mowing your lawn you old fuck

20 isnt unreasonably high. Thats only 160 dollars worth of mags with PSA sales anyway.

Also lmao the gundeals subreddit for PSA mags

Attached: kek0.jpg (1435x750, 197K)

Yeah but in shtf who the fuck is going to be popping off enough rounds to go through 20 mags? If youre shooting that much youre doing something wrong and frankly it would be a god damned miracle if you weren't dead.

And yeah not everyone has a 3d printer but its cheap these days, either way pmags are going to be better I get that.

I always take the time to buy USGI ones that pop up on armslist from time to time. People have been dumping them for $5 a pop near me and I think it's worth it. I have ~30 now, doubt I'd ever have more than 50

They’re cheap, possibly going to get the zucc and there’s always deals. The bummer is FAL mags and good surplus AK mags are getting more expensive now that everyone and their mother has an AR15 and wants to branch out and get a more niche “cool gun”

You go buy them from just individuals like Craigslist no shipping?

Definitely wouldn't be shit around me.

funny coming from a generation that has mental break down every 3 minutes and loves mix raced babies

There are plenty of situations where you might find yourself dumping mag after mag in a SHTF scenario but all of them could be avoided by not living in a city

And where do you think they learned that, retard? Your job wasn't to "let them discover themselves", it was to teach them who they are. If your kid grew up a faggot, it is 100% your fault

>boomer talking about mixed race

Under your watch and governance the us has become a non white shithole. Dont know where you old bastards get off saying this shit.

Number 1 priority in shtf would be to get out of a city no?

Why not? They're cheap and there's almost always a deal for 1000 rounds of m193 with ten mags for $280~ too, the perfect party pack for the range.

And 20 loaded mags could help a lot with that, ammo goes quick when you're not looking

Because for the price of hoarding mags above a certain limit I can just get more ammo, a different gun, or save money or invest it.

Easier said than done, most decent sized cities have decent sized towns surrounding them. Quickly congests roadways and could very easily make traveling by roads next to impossible unless you have substantial forewarning.

Maybe but I'm still not convinced. Also if leaving the city and "bugging out" that's a LOT of weight to be packing.

If youre not traveling roads then thats even harder to pack a lot of mags.

Honestly, I'm not a cityfag, but I think I'd have a 22 survival gun with a pistol sidearm and just try to avoid everything.

You know you're basically getting them for free at $280 for 1000rds/10mags right?

I don't really see why it's a bad thing especially with prices nowadays. They are a wear item that have been one of the biggest targets for gun control legislation for decades. The 1994 AWB is still fresh in the minds of a lot of people and having a lot of mags can be comforting. If a ban happens you're stuck with what you got unless you're willing to pay the outrageous prices that pre-ban mags will fetch. And they do wear out: feed lips bend, bodies get dented, polymer cracks, welds break. Most people vastly overestimate how much they think they will shoot and will probably never wear out half the mags in their stash but having more than enough is always better. You also might lose them or get them stolen and they won't be replaceable. And why not do it? They're incredibly inexpensive right now.

I'm also a believer in the low pro method but trying to walk out of a city like atlanta, for example, would be risky as fuck. Realistically you should have several routes planned out with caches of ammo and some other supplies.

Yeah but how many mags are you thinking? What people consider a why not purchase differs a lot.

For me 20 or so seems reasonable, but not hundreds.

Some people are spending thousands on mags. That aint free m8

I wouldn't do craigslist. But armslist, yea. Met up in a few parking lots for mags.

>pmags
>not getting genuine USGI

not gonna make it.

>not having a 1000 mags under all your beds
it's almost like you want to pay the troll toll
youtube.com/watch?v=5J3Jm8HbHKU

Sub'd

>hoarding
>not picking them up while they're cheap
I smell a poorfag.

Attached: 1555576489263.jpg (186x306, 18K)

There comes a point where you've got to start selling your back stock just for space. If you're getting a free 10 mags with every other thousand rounds or so, it doesn't take very long to reach "we're arming the neighborhood" levels of caching

>no free mags with 7.62x39
such is life in the zone

>tfw you had a bakelite mag but it blew up during a double feed

>Yeah but how many mags are you thinking?
It's going to be different for every person considering how much they shoot and their financial situation. In regards to ARs, I've been shooting for a little over a decade and I've probably gone through around 10 or so mags. Granted, some of them were early PMAGs that had a tendency to crack but I've also had a few USGI mags that stopped being reliable. I wouldn't be happy if I only had 20 mags for the rest of my life. If you don't shoot often or don't shoot that particular gun very often, 20 mags is more than enough. I typically buy 10 AR mags at a time whenever I find a decent deal or sale and it costs around $100-120. I'm not hurting for cash to the point where it's a problem or where I have to forgo another purchase in order to buy. I'm at a little over 80 mags right now and that's pretty comfortable but to a firearms instructor or a competitive shooter that might not be nearly enough. The bottom line is who cares? If some ham planet redditor that never shoots wants to horde 300 mags, let him. It's pretty much the "why do you NEED" question. They're cheap right now. There's a decent chance they'll never be this cheap again.

Lots of things might not ever be as cheap as they are now. It sounds like I should get about 20.

There are lots of things like that though like I said, from milsurp, to ammo, to other guns etc.

I CANT EVEN BUY FUCKING BAKELITES ANYWHERE

Attached: 1505147984877.png (277x385, 150K)

See if any gun shops have used mag boxes where you are, that's where most of mine come from.

user I bought a shit ton two weeks ago but it was for the California freedom week, now it’s literally all I have for the rest of my life in this state. Unless you live in a full supporting 2a state like Texas or West Virginia you should really start stocking up because you could be next.

Attached: BECAF5CC-3D15-4497-8999-791FFA5E9368.jpg (960x830, 379K)

mags are crucial to the functioning of a firearm, consumable, and and frequently targeted by legislation. gee, i wonder why someone would try to acquire a large supply before a potential lifetime ban on future sales

Attached: D48oNsOXkAAv4RF.jpg (925x1200, 140K)

>being a compliant cuck that only buys mags in the short time span that a judge OKs

Texas is on their way very soon. They have a convicted felon running for potus.

I have 20 or so. Could use some more.

>spending thousands on mags

Uh don't be a fucking retard and hunt for deals and you won't.

honestly after what happened you could “”””find”””” mags while scuba diving and say they were brought during freedom week. It’s kinda wack but that judge really saved us, all mags are legal (to own and use) now and everyone’s got them.

Attached: CE25DF52-F4B7-40E3-AAC0-87D3285DF0DA.jpg (750x665, 273K)

>inb4 organized smuggling from ports in washington

JUST BUY A SHIT TON OF FUCKING AK PMAGS YOU FUCKING DISGRACES THEY'RE LIKE 12.99 A PIECE.
>b-but my metal mags
>b-but my rich fag bakes! :*(
KYS

No

Yes. They work and are cheap stop being retarded. You can buy 6 of them for the same price as one Bakelite.

But it will only be 8% as sexy as bakelite, I've done the math

Buy a Orange or Sand colored one than you idiot and then it'd be only 12-15% as sexy as a bakelite

>Hundreds
There's like a hundred mags in your picture OP

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

""""Free""""
Same as 5.56 that comes with free stripper clips or free ammo cans

Plus if you throw a couple coats of gloss clearcoat on it looks close
>not close enough desu but close

What's the best place to get 30 round USGI mags?

Texas will be fine when it comes to guns. It's the baby killing and fag marriages we gotta worry about.

I'll have to run some additional analysis to see how this breaks down in bulk purchases

Wife has one for her dragunov. Pretty sure it was a custom deal though.

a 9 dollar mag at a gun show doesn't set me backkk
thats why
its the most easily collected thing on a whim and its casual

ya fucking casual

Will keeping mags fully loaded for maybe several years at a time damage them?

Because they are afraid the Obama is going to come for their guns so they buy a fuckton of mags and ammo with the "COME TAKE THEM" attitude.

No. As long as they dont get wet or are subject to massive temperature swings every day they will be perfectly fine. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ewww white middle aged man get out of Tejas

the internet

What's wrong with using steelies? Better than pmags, same price.

My yugo BHO steels that I currently own fucking suck to load and the cartidges keeps blocking the next round I attempt to load and the PMAGS I currently own work flawlessly.

>AK PMAGs
Absolute shit taste. They also don't work with a dong.

youtu.be/5J3Jm8HbHKU

Attached: 1553066217647.jpg (720x709, 139K)

No you

>>b-but my rich fag bakes! :*(
KYS Bakelet

Attached: IMG_1020.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

Give me one for free, right fucking now.

PMAGs are overpriced shit. At that point just buy Tapcos

>buy crapco
This thread just keeps getting worse

I have one magazine for my luger. My Ruger Vaquero doesn't require a magazine...but my AK? My AK has 30 magazines that are polish, one russian mag that is 40 rounds, and one rare chinese mag that is 40 rounds.

You can never have too many mags.

Attached: 1550835946507.png (221x221, 66K)

Might as well go with 21 to get 3 times as many mags.

Preban isn't a thing in modern gun control. You won't be able to legally skate by like last time, they want your guns now.

that will be $100

People who turn in mags aren't a thing in modern gun control anymore either. No one is turning in shit in the states that aren't grandfathering.

My policy is to walk out with at least one magazine every time I walk into a gun store. Which is fairly often since I go there every other week or so to get my meme coffee. I have a lot of magazines.

>boomers
awe look user learned a Jow Forums term and now associates everyone with it :)

>Jow Forums term
Should we tell him

Not worth it.
Bakes are....over...rated

I think another reason to have this many mags on hand is to function as a sort of makeshift SAW, where you can mag dump gun grabbers during boogaloo without having to stop and replenish mags. This reasoning has questionable validity however as if this were really the case, we would see people stockpiling barrels as well, which to my knowledge isn't exactly popular.

Most of my 5.45 mags are bakes. All good AK-74 mags cost around $45 no matter what you get. May as well get the most aesthetic mags. Only got one 7.62 bake though fuck paying forum scalper prices, just wait until you see them reasonable. There's no need to when there are plenty of other good 7.62 mags.

What is an objectively reasonable price for a 7.62 bake? 60 bucks? 50?

Not helpful. Please elaborate.

Type in 30 round usgi mag on Google turbonigger.

>but it blew up during a double feed
Double feeds are usually the result of worn feed lips on mags.
When training we're taught that if you get a double feed, drop the mag and don't bother trying to re-use it like you would a fail-to-feed.
Because it's probably going to double-feed again. Worst case stash it in a dump pouch as a last-resort mag, but really when you start getting double feeds it's time to get fresh mags.

Aim surplus has brand new colt tan follower mags.

I'd buy them for 50.

I have about 40 or so on hand at any time. 18 for emergency use (9 for me, 9 for wife). The rest are for training and get tossed when they wear out.

>tfw I have 20+ bakelites that I got for $25 a piece two years ago

I was smart enough to realize that there were no more imports of them and stocked up. I will never resell, ever.

>tfw I even have rare RPK 40-round bakelite

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

Because it takes a minute to load a magazine and having 2000 rounds of ammo and 3 magazines is retarded.

$60 is pretty solid based off what I’ve been seeing lately, although occasionally some dude on a forum will unload some bakes for $50 but you gotta move quick to get those

They remember the 90s when gunfags sucked dic for working ar mags.

>niw colt mags peaked at Maybe 150 each
> 20 bucks got you a mag with 0% finish and cracked spot welds or feed lips
> painstakingly rebuilding and refinishing mags was actually worth while
>hi caps for many pistols over 100 dollar or completely unobtainable

It will be different next time, but u get why oldfags are obsessed with mags

>t. Oldfag obsessed with mags