What IR laser to buy?

Give me civilian IR laser knowledge.
Why would I spend a bunch of money on a neutered civilian-legal MAWL or ATPIAL-C instead opting for a cheaper alternative?
I compared the stats and it looks like the IR laser is the same intensity whether you're talking about a $2,600 MAWL or a $680 Surefire X400V IRC. I could be reading the specs wrong. Am I off-base here?

Attached: products-MAWL_DA_af-2.jpg (1024x953, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NfIL8y6VTxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you think you're so high speed l33t operator that you actually need an IR laser. Please do the smart and reasonable thing and use your money to pay for smart things, ammo to get better at shooting, buy something for your girlfriend or for your mother if your alone.

Quite the unhelpful response.
1. I'm a better shooter than you
2. I probably have more money than you
3. Don't need your advice unless you're educated on civilian-legal IR lasers.

I can see where you're coming from though, as most of this board is comprised of NEETs and trannys.

Why are jannies trying to ban me? What do you mean "post not about weapons"?? The welcome page says the board is centered around "military technology". Stop being gay.

The laser will be the same power. The ir illuminator is what's going to make the difference. The x400v will have a relatively weak close range ir illuminator compared to the mawl. The x400v also has an led based illuminator while the mawl has a laser based illuminator. This means the x400v will have a visible red glow from the front while the ir illuminator is on while the mawl wont because led illuminators (even 940 mm ones) create some visible light.

Also dont bother with the atpial c. Look into the zenitco perst-3 if you want big boy unrestricted lasers/laser illuminators

>I compared the stats and it looks like the IR laser is the same intensity whether you're talking about a $2,600 MAWL or a $680 Surefire X400V IRC
because it is, it's restricted by some retarded laws bc the govt is convinced you'll put your eye out with a laser you can't see

it's not illegal to own tho, so you can find full power units for sale by private individuals
not that you really *need* it, for most reasons like night hunting

atpial-c has the slaved red laser so you can zero it easier
mawl has the form factor and an illuminator that actually is useful

but if you just need the laser and nothing else there's no reason not to just get the cheapest thing that will zero and hold zero

As usual, OP secures his place as the faggiest faggot in the thread.

Just buy one of those cat lasers, tape it to your bubba norinco sks and try not to ND into your neighbors' walls.

Attached: 1555554949616.jpg (640x853, 129K)

Interesting about the led-based illuminator.
So it seems like a civilian MAWL is more of a larping thing when you could use an X400 as a pointer and a Scout as an IR illuminator for less than half the price?

>zenitco perst-3
So how can they legally sell it as a retailer if it's illegal to own? I get the private party thing.

The mawl and similar illuminators destroy surefire scout ir illuminators in pretty much every way but battery life
>t.owns an m600v, dbal d2, and has used a mawl and unrestricted laser units

Yeah, you totally got me dialed in dude. Spot on.

Russians sell them on Ebay. Tons of people buy them without issue, myself included

>if it's illegal to own
bc it's not
it's illegal to sell due to some retarded FDA regulation or something that doesn't apply to foreign made shit

I never found the IR illuminator to be very useful when I was in the Corps. Outdoors it was pretty much useless as it wasn't very powerful / would bounce of veg in front of me and be a target indicator. Indoors we usually used white lights.

I don't know what to get. I feel like buying a MAWL or ATPIAL-C is just getting cucked while paying big bucks.

I use a 300MW Ir laser with focus as an illuminator. It will make a football pitch sized area look like daylight even on gen1. I se a separate one as a targeting device, got it to use with a gen 1 Yukon years ago. I sealed the outside of both with truck bedding and used broadhead O rings in them. I'm very pleased with both and have used tem on everything from 22s to 12 gauges and 270s in wet windy, rainy snowy and muddy conditions.

>$2,600 MAWL or a $680 Surefire X400V IRC
I you are wasting money like that becue it looks muh operator and you don't know how lasers look and work for illumination and aiming/designation you are just a fucking spastic to begin with and can't be helped.
>buy something for your girlfriend or for your mother if your alone
I can fuck your mother or girlfriend for a couple of hundred bucks but can do better you enormous pair of tits for brains

Are they quality? It seems like something like that would be prime counterfeiting material.

The post is clearly asking why would someone spend $2,600 on a MAWL other than larping. You're the autist here /w your truck-bed built NODs, fag.

Difference between you and me is I actually use them for locating cattle and have for years while you're just some flip flop weaning doomsday prepper playing dress up

Nothing pinpoints an animal as fast as the eye reflection off a wide focus IR laser illuminator.

Yes there is no fucking reason to spend 2300 on that, A laser has a certain power and wavelength and range of focus beyond that being weatherproof and shockproof and functional. Your the kind of cunt who buys an Iphone X because your a brainwashed faggot. Of you go to sit in your basement wearing a plate carrier pretending your spuial furces

>Civilian IR Laser

For what reason literally other than the off chance to confuse the shit out of glow niggers?

Attached: visipad__ir_3.jpg (700x500, 38K)

>Nothing pinpoints an animal as fast as the eye reflection off a wide focus IR laser illuminator.

I don't care about your brokeback mountain stories, gay-boy.

Civilian IR laser because I cant buy a legit PEQ-15. Why an IR laser? To stack bodies at night.

Just like I don't care about s o y flip flop wearing fairies that think buying overpriced junk they don't even understand or know how to use gives their pansy asses a better chance of survival in a fantasy world where they matter a fuck

This is junky, weak and low power short batter life compared to a decent separate ir laser illuminator, zero able ir laser and light, It just is so's the mawl. You're a fucking dumb faggot. If you think something te mil uses is just better I suggest you exclusively wear boxers issued in basic that come with free cum stains and skid marks to enhance your superpowers

Specifications
Max Output -- White Light
350 .0 lumens

Tactical Runtime**
2 .5 hours

Output / Runtime -- IR
120 .0 mW / 860nm (IR)

Max Output -- Laser

I've used NODs and IR way more than you have, guy. Go away, your autism isn't contributing.

assuming these are the same person, i actually used nods and ir a lot in the corps for cqt and i plan on getting a mawl here shortly. ive heard nothing but good things about it and it comes down to what you want to use it for and if you can justify the price

OK Tell me why you think that a device that has shorter battery live, weaker IR illumination, weaker lumens of visible (and shorter battery life) and just the same target designation as zeroable IR laser is worth 400-2000 more than the better alternative? Or did you not know there were better alternatives with all your running around with nods like I give a shit? You'll be telling me mil issued rain gear is the best ebba next. This shit is overpriced and inferior in the functions that count and if you understood it or used it that much you'd know that an know there is far better (and cheaper) available

>Why civilian IR?
>To stack bodies at night

Ha ha badass dude, I hope you slap a punisher skull sticker on it

Attached: b7a.png (1200x848, 308K)

It's OP and same person. I was told to get a MAWL but I knew about the civilian restrictions on IR laser power and saw that the MAWL has the same IR laser as much cheaper alternatives. From what people have posted it seems like your paying for the form factor and the fact that it has a really good IR illuminator, but like I said, I never found IR illuminators to be really useful in the Corps.

like i said im planning on getting a mawl and my experience with low light/no light was only IR and nods. we only ran white light if somones laser was down. up to you what you wanna use it for

I can barely discern what you're trying to say. This thread isn't about IR for herding cattle you stupid faggot.

I'm totally a boomer dude. Got me. Nice meme, really cool.

ok well what r u using the laser for faggot?
what kind of night vision do uou have? pvs-14?

are you using it to paint targets? whats is your goal. you sound like a zoomer who makes 100k a year

Were you Recon / MARSOC? White light for MOUT has been SOP for Rifle squads for a long time.

How about you read the thread, fag.

recon, we used old peq 15 and 16s with pvs 14s but some guys bought scout lights and used them with 15s. we just recently got pvs 31s so i hope they get new lasers soon

You're a fool if you think this device is 'better' because it costs 2300

>we just recently got pvs 31s
Did you now? Well you've zero credibility with me. I always distrust people who try and call on military service as some kind of recourse to authority, It always smells of piss to people who have been in the military too and keep their mouths shut.

PVS 31s are sweet but way out of my range. I can do fine work with 14s. When we trained with MARSOC we had to do MOUT with just NODs and IR. Not the best when you're using a monocular.

Cry more, POG.

>your experience doesn't count cause uncle sam paid you to get it

Attached: 1502573626698.gif (256x256, 361K)

I call it FIBA and that shit went out the window when people started hooking up IR receivers to 155MM shells

I don't know uncle sam. is he the paedo who touched you in the bad place and gave you ptsd?

What's FIBA and what do you mean about the arty?

>What's FIBA and what do you mean about the arty?

youtube.com/watch?v=NfIL8y6VTxI

In certain danderous parts of the world when command wires went out of fashion and switched to wireless which got jammed, some talented cheeky monkeys first would use triggered camera flashes to trigger slave flash units rigged to explosives. Well nox venit and illuminators and monoculars came to be a thing for watching cheeky monkeys. Until aforementioned monkeys discovered they could stick a frequency specific IR receiver as an alternative. Well these cheeky monkeys spread the word to brown cheeky moneys who discovered that they could take a 155 and with little work stick an IR receiver that would trigger off illuminator frequencies. At which point, sensibly:
>White light for MOUT has been SOP for Rifle squads for a long time. zip lock for storing your own shit in?

Tell me as a recon man what is your preferred

Ah what the fuck am I doing bothering with children pretending based on fucking video games and youtube

white light for CQB has been used for decades

idk what you britbongs do but in the US only SOF units really train room clearing under NODs with IR lasers

what are you on about? i cant tell if you dont believe that recon bn just got 31s or if you dont believe i have the experience. i was simply stating that since 31s are being used now it would make sense to get lasers than have been used for 15 years
im planning on getting DTNVG here soon as well to do with whatver IR device i decide on

get rid of the lasers*

close observation m8. sit in a hole for three days

sounds like ass

You guys didn't call it MOUT? How long has it been since you were in Recon?
Wow. I never heard of VOIEDs like that. I mean I guess you're cooked either way if somebody has the know how to make one of those. They could hook up IR and White light and stick a shell in a closet or something.

im not the same guy you responded to but i was in recon for 5 years and got out a few months ago

I looked through a MARSOC dude's once and was pretty jelly over how trash our gear was in comparison. I just don't have the experience with DTNVGs to justify the price. If you're doing alot of MOUT stuff then Duals are definitely the way to go. Outdoors stuff and the superiority isn't as pronounced.

Which battalion were you? I was in 1/8. Got out last August.

brits call it FIBUA

also you're right. furthermore the number of middle easterners who will shoot your ass with an AK because you have a bright light on your gun is probably a lot larger than the number of middle easterners who know how to make IR light sensitive VOIEDs. so i would still chance it desu

Just comin' through to call that guy a massive faggot, don't mind me

Attached: never_EVER.jpg (933x937, 50K)

Fucking neato

>perst-3 or 4
Will the rest of you fags stop shitting all over each other for a second.
I'm waiting on my suppressor and I want to have NODs and a laser by the time I get it.
I've already decided on a PVS-14 and maybe a FLIR Breach beside it.
It seems like the Russian thing is the best laser since all the US made lasers are cucked.

Seems really sketchy though.

a guy i know had the mode knob just fall off of his

just buy one of those russian IR units
they can sell you uncucked ones, because they dont sell to US gov

Do you know why they're cucked? Is it because of air planes or something? I don't know about this stuff.

I think it has something to do with ITAR.
They don't want our tech to get into Russian/Chinese/whoever hands.
Don't quote me on that though.

i love how condescending this post is, this guy is assuming that because OP is asking for advice about a lasers that he doesn't shoot at all.

IR lasers being outside of the visible spectrum do not cause a blink response. Basically this means some dude could shine an IR laser in your eye and by the time you realized anything was wrong it would be far too late and the guy would be long gone.

yeah IR lasers are SUPER bad for you.

the US companies who make them all sell to the gov
the gov wont allow them to sell to the public if they sell to the gov
there's no law against owning one, just gov being niggardly

The main reason why the MAWL costs so much and people are willing to pay so much for it is the illuminator, which is seamlessly integrated.

All other options on the market, including Class 3B laser's illuminators blow.

The correct way to setup a PEQ-15/ATPIAL for example, is to zero your illuminator to your laser and set focus for longer ranges (100 is about right for 5.56 weapons and head mounted NODs) and THEN setup an IR only light for close range.

Then when people are shooting at you, you gotta fuck with various knobs and buttons and dial to do the exact right thing. What a PITA.

The MAWL has a "range" slider for short, medium, and long range, with a perfectly aligned illumination array with 4, 16, and 60 degree fixed focus illuminators. Best part about those, is that the MAWL's civilian variant basically keeps the same spread and illuminator output as the restricted variant.

With an always perfectly centered aiming laser, it doesn't really matter that the laser is .7 mW

All in all, a super powerful aiming laser is not that useful without an equally powerful illuminator so you can what you are actually aiming at. This is critical with NODs. People forget laser employment with night vision isn't the same as laser use without.

I've never heard about the Russian units until this thread and the whole thing just seems really sketchy.
>Go to ebay or poorly-designed russian website
>Fork over $1,200
I don't know about their track record or whether the things are even ruggedized. That and counterfeits.

I didn't have positive experiences with illuminators in the Corps out of PEQ-16s. Didn't really use them. So the MAWL is great because the illum will knock your socks off even outdoors?

>So the MAWL is great because the illum will knock your socks off even outdoors?
the focusing mechanism looks like it gives good results but i don't know if the civilian power version will really be impressive vs a full power laser

I wish I could just buy a non-cucked PEQ-15 and be done with it.

I'm probably going to end up with an ATPIAL-C.

>I wish I could just buy a non-cucked PEQ-15 and be done with it.
you can still get a sketchy one on the internet, biggest problem is that if you crush it or something breaks you're fucked because L3 won't support it

As long as it's official Zenitco then it'll work fine.

you should buy yourself some brain instead of wasting it on all this pointless shit, faggot.

Attached: 1552425065217.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Pure cancer

just a warning about the cucked version
you can't focus the illuminator, the end is epoxed in place
that makes it pretty shit
i only bought it for larp reasons

Attached: DSC_1111.jpg (1800x1200, 662K)

Someone in this thread really doesn't want civilians owning night vision gear

Attached: glowingintensifies.png (480x466, 139K)

Gov sets limits on laser power for devices sold to the public because retards will hurt themselves.
Military is obviously exempt from those restrictions.

>public because retards will hurt themselves.
are you sure its that