Holy fuck boys, a henry with a loading gate

henryusa.com/rifles/side-gate-lever-action/

Rip marlin.

Attached: H024-3855-Hero.jpg (2240x464, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/26/new-henry-side-gate-cowboy-carbine-review/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPSXozkWFc
youtube.com/watch?v=l5JP-sR3aJw
nrablog.com/media/1538023/maxim-silencer-brochure.pdf
midwayusa.com/product/141652/cast-performance-bullets-44-caliber-430-diameter-320-grain-lead-wide-flat-nose-gas-check-box-of-100
youtube.com/watch?v=FboK4wA1y7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this a delayed April Fools' joke?

It's too early for the loading gate faggots shit can you hold off until the afternoon?

Alright, now just make one in .357 magnum and we've got a deal

>chambered in .30-30 Win, .38-55 Win, .35 Rem

Attached: 1534941217803.jpg (347x249, 15K)

.30-30s a solid caliber though.

>Alright, now just make one in .44 magnum and we've got a deal
Ftfy

Sure, that too, but I already have a .357 revolver so I want a levergun to go with it

I'm in the same boat, except I got the rifle but not the revolver. Looking at either the ruger super redhawk, or a SW 626 in .44 mag.

Loading gate AND a removable tube for easy unloading.
Mad Lads.

Attached: 003_hsl30_gun-right_liner_01s.jpg (800x168, 108K)

Jesus christ, did someone new finally go into the boardroom and just say what needed to be done for once?

This my assumption, because it looks like the loading gate is 'shopped on crooked.

big if true

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/26/new-henry-side-gate-cowboy-carbine-review/
It's real. God bless. Keeps the tube too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPSXozkWFc

I swear to God if they don't put it on their all weather/steel models and offer it in all the calibers I'm going to have a conniption.

Attached: D4tEYU_U0AEzBIh.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Same. The they're available I'm gonna go buy at least 2 in different calibers in steel.

Cool. I won't be able to afford them anyway.

Attached: 1502914027748.gif (220x220, 734K)

GIB 45/70 GUBMINT GAWDAYUMIT

>Looking at either the ruger super redhawk, or a SW 626 in .44 mag.
Not looking hard enough, or you'd know the 626 doesn't come in .44 flavor.

Is there an option where it doesn't look like shit?

Just holding out until they release it in .357/38. I don't want to pay $.50 a round to shoot some obsolete nonsense. 357/38 is still one of the most common pistol cartridges and probably will continue to be, thanks to straight-wall hunting laws and cowboy action shooters.

>got a 44mag in November
>now a superior model is released and I can't turn in mine for it
FUCK

44 mag and 45/70 in blued steel plz. I'm in for two.

I'd buy one in 44, thread it, and load 300 grain subsonics.
Is that retarded?

>loading gate for topping up
>removable follower for rapidly emptying or speedloading.
wtf I love HRA now

Holy tits! Now they can satisfy BOTH sides of this autism!

.35 Remington is a pretty gud round, 200gr bullet doing 2000fps.
I would like to see .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum though.
I'd also like this for an All Weather steel boy.

The CEO was probably dragged kicking and screaming into this arrangement.

based

Attached: Himiko_Toga's_Quirk_deactivated.png (732x692, 445K)

Please, please, please .327

Maybe he's thinking of the Model 629?

Attached: captain rhodes.jpg (1597x867, 58K)

There's not a .44 one yet, so maybe if you sell it now before the words spreads you could get most of your value back.
They're still good value after all, and there's plenty of people who don't mind the lack of the gate.

That would be very weird and very want.

I will definitely think about buying one now. Waiting for .357/.38 though.

So who died to make this happen?

Attached: 1555711387939.jpg (1321x417, 309K)

Are you calling Teddy a retard?
youtube.com/watch?v=l5JP-sR3aJw

Attached: Maxim_Silencers.jpg (422x679, 347K)

Yes please.

>no 45-70

kys henry

They already said they're planning more calibers and options, take it cool for a second.

IT WILL PAY YOU TO KNOW ABOUT IT
nrablog.com/media/1538023/maxim-silencer-brochure.pdf

This, unfortunately. I guess I should start saving now just in case.

Attached: 1528617248643.jpg (869x873, 407K)

My father in law did this with 45-70s. 600gr iirc

No, silenced thumpers are fun.

>primitive night sights
>suppressor
>take down model
kek, Teddy Roosevelt was such a mallninja
I already have 44 mag

Fucking 45/70 when.

>speedloading a Henry
Return of the Blakeslee Box for lever guns?

Definitely not retarded my man, why not go for 320 gr?

midwayusa.com/product/141652/cast-performance-bullets-44-caliber-430-diameter-320-grain-lead-wide-flat-nose-gas-check-box-of-100

I swear somewhere has 340gr .429s for 44 mag I just cant find them

629* my bad.

I think I'll stick with the Hornady 300 XTPs. Still work at low velocities and way cheaper.

Ayye, XTPs are good shit.

Their website is delightful

Might have to get one now that they finally did the needful with the side gate

What’s a good D/A revolver to pair with one of those for comfy Frontier innawoods feels?

>not a model 29
Shit taste there my dude

Ruger GP 100 Match Champion

>more children larping about guns they don't buy in calibers they can't afford

I'll be waiting on that too brother.

A single acrion bfr in 30-30

Based Cpt Rhodes, keeping those retarded helicopter pilots in check. Only guy trying to make an actual plan for humanity

Too bad Henry is still junk

Nice to see Henry finally make the most minimum effort to take their product to the next level.

They really didn’t want to do this, can someone explain why they were so reluctant?
Is it just MUH TRADITION

Attached: 77CCAD34-5132-45CF-8F23-12A789A7FFB7.jpg (700x461, 106K)

Congrats Henry you did the single thing I wanted you to do. Now I can buy your fucking product.

Solid for what, not being .357.
You can kill deeeeeer with a .22lr.

Tooling mostly. Costs a lot to retool and Henry makes a pretty good product for price. They figured they could sell without a gate and be fine for awhile and they were right. I think they're getting a little nervous though as Rossi is gearing up to start reimporting and Marlin is started to make more 357s.

I'd buy one

About time. Incredibly based. I will buy this the SECOND it is in 45 LC. I may not even be able to wait that long

Yes BUT in 50 years yours will be a rare collectable!

$925 MSRP is not bad at all. That's like the same as their other offerings

Opinion revoked.

Attached: 1548271456788.jpg (480x442, 30K)

A little over a grand for the 30-30 which is gonna be the most popular of the 3 but certainly still not outrageous if their reputation is warranted, plus the extra touches with the checkering and offsetting the cost of the re-design

>.35 Remington

Attached: 1548310189898.jpg (965x952, 118K)

YES. HOLY SHIT YES.

>needing a loading gate on a proper rifle

Again, I tell you: loading gates are pure larp. You are never going to be in a situation where you will need to shave seconds off of reloading your lever rifle. Deer don't shoot back, and rapid firing anything but the softest pistol calibers isn't the way.

Henry makes fine rifles. And this one will probably make them a lot of money. But adding a loading gate is not any kind of advantage to the shooter.

Still, waving my hand around the muzzle of a loaded rifle to top off isn't something I like doing a lot.

Needs 357 or 44 mag for the capacity though. These are 20" barrels but only hold 5 rounds. Also the ability to shoot 38/44 special is awesome.

>Again, I tell you: loading gates are pure larp. You are never going to be in a situation where you will need to shave seconds off of reloading your lever rifle. Deer don't shoot back, and rapid firing anything but the softest pistol calibers isn't the way.
fudd fudd fudd fudd
It's about having more fun at the range, having a better and easier method of loading in the field, and yes, LARPing. Hunting isnt everything, Elmar.

Attached: May may.jpg (820x768, 123K)

Need in .22 LR and I'll buy 12

Attached: 1549421563033.jpg (320x400, 39K)

enjoy scratching your brass receiver I guess

holy fuck, I hope the 44M model is 20" too. Six rounds easily and threaded.

Attached: MUH DICK.png (1067x897, 249K)

>need
The added convenience is definitely worth a couple hundred more dollars.

I realize you're having trouble in your old age, but most people have enough manual dexterity to not fuck their gun up using a loading gate

>oh no my gun is scratched
t. baby boomer who never fires his guns

For someone who dont have the best fine motor skills it's better for sure. IE took my father to the range and after loading my big boy steel in 357 he goes to put the inner magazine tube back in the rifle and he lost his grip and the tube went flying out past the firing line and hitting the concrete floor causing a burr at the follower end of the brass tube. The burr caused failure to feeds when down to 3 rounds in the tube. It was an easy fix with a thin dowel rod and a torch lighter. Probably didnt even need the lighter desu.

Attached: taste the ruger.jpg (1200x1586, 589K)

The 20" big boys in 44 mag hold 10. Also hand loaders using slow powders in 44 mag have been able to get 200 gr bullets going 2150 fps out of 20" barrels, without going over max powder loads. ~2000 fps for 220 grain (more accurate)

horry shit

10 in the tube, I mean, so 10+1

Oh that? That's a subsonic loading (Rugged Obsidian 45 can handle 44 from a 16" barrel). THIS is full power.

Attached: now THIS.png (1069x898, 249K)

All you faggots who demanded this better go buy. Not pull the
>why u no make? Me buy 7
>hssssssssss it's nice and all but I can't unless it's sold at a loss

boom. I bet that would turn a watermelon into a fine mist

This

Ill be buying one when they get them in 44 mag. I have a Big Boy steel in 357 and wished I bought one in 44 mag.

Attached: the brass jew.png (1080x1440, 522K)

Nice to see a company earning such good will. (Not sarcasm)

>Barely outperforms 7.62x39
>Literally only hangs around because entry lever gats are chambered in it
If every 30-30 firearm and cartridge just disappeared and people were given their money back. They'd gladly choose a different caliber in a lever gat priced similarly over rebuying their shitty-shitty

how come you spergs didnt cum all over the SAA swing out version when it came out?

I didn't even demand this. I was thinking about picking up one of their's without a loading gate, but now I'm going to wait until it comes out in steel in .45-70 and .357 and buy both. Maybe .44 too. Fuck yes.

>swing out SAA
nobody was clamoring for that here. it sounds like a horrible idea: the whole purpose of SAA is larp and the sturdy frame

youtube.com/watch?v=FboK4wA1y7A

Is it weird that I want a Henry with a loading gate and one without? I have some weird collector autism going on right now.

but its been a thing for years

Attached: Swing Out single action army.png (933x747, 1001K)

I'm just getting in to revolvers, so my knowledge is limited on them. Will now also look into the model 29.

I think he was right to blast the doc, because he was a demented creep, but otherwise he was a real asshole.

>that hideous detailing