Be small arms repairmen for SOF

>be small arms repairmen for SOF
>work on a specific unit’s weapons while back home
>deploy and work on weapons for SEALs, Rangers, ODAs, CAG, etc.
>know how to work on weapons that most people will never get to see, even gun enthusiasts
>talk with operators about what weapons can hold up, what breaks, what’s their favorite and what they hate
>decide to get on Jow Forums after getting off work
>15 year olds from England tells me that HK416s are pieces of shit, stippling pistols is useless, I need to have BUIS on my rifle I only use at night, etc
I really hope this place gets deleted soon

Attached: D784924D-862E-4645-8E5C-9B6D76B61A5E.png (682x625, 417K)

Actually curious, maintenance-wise, how does the 416 compare to a standard DI AR platform?

Are you CATM?

Well...tell us about it, post pics of sof setups or gtfo.

Shut up POG. No one fucking cares.

>be 15 year old from England
>chat shit with bruvs, take pictures with airsoft rifles
>have gf with fucked up teeth, make fun of her for it and then bang her lights out
>new internet license just came in the mail
>visit Jow Forums and tell some boomer HK fag that his raifu a shit and he should be ready for any eventuality, BUIS are mere ounces and ounces don't make kilograms
>he whines and makes a thread about it, wants to kill himself, eventually he does
>head back and blast the lads with some more airsoft

Attached: 73.jpg (500x1160, 167K)

Yeah, I'm actually interested in hearing about this guy's experience if he's legit.

Well I'm Eugene stoner and I think you are a faggot

He's not tho, he's just some LARPer who got upset that everyone made fun of his stippled Glock in that other thread.

user maintenance or my maintenance?
my side of things, they usually mostly have the same things go wrong first as most open bolt machine guns, the gas regulators get worn out and need to be replaced, but that’s after a fuckton of rounds. Same with carrier tilt, it happens but not nearly to the degree Jow Forums will tell you

Attached: 1555820361058.jpg (1080x763, 1.17M)

this
OP has massive homosexuality

Link me my man.

Also I don’t take pictures of people’s guns I work on you retards, I’m not even allowed to have a cellphone inside of my shop.

My dad works at Nintendo

Attached: Zapper-630x339.gif (630x339, 148K)

It's open bolt? Really? Is that only in full auto?

Oh so its blogposting? Oh ok. Do yourself and all of us a favor and kys.

year olds from England tells me that HK416s are pieces of shit, stippling pistols is useless, I need to have BUIS on my rifle I only use at night, etc
It hurts when you're wrong, but growing up is in part dealing with your own inadequacies.

Open bolt?
You sure about that?

No it’s not open bolt, I’m just saying maintaining them they have a lot of the same problems that machine guns have, in contrast to like M4s and other rifles. They really are great rifles, they’re just heavy and goofily balanced.

Also I’ll answer a lot of questions you may have, if you’re just going to whine about me knowing more about guns than just leave the thread thanks.

Ok bud , ill bite
1)What are your top 3 favorite rifles?
2)What are the top 3 rifles these “special units” liked
3)what are the top 5 modifications or attachments they used
4) what would be your ideal budget build rifle with attachments
5) what would be your gucci build rifle

Why does it have similar problems to MG's more so than a standard assualt rifle? Is it the piston operation? Higher cyclic rate?

alright OP, what's the most common AR configuration you see your operator buddies have? I know there are .mil and unit SOPs that they (and you) have to follow, but there's some level of customization. Are LPVOs really the future for carbines? In the same vein, are red dots on pistols the future?

Attached: Imcadence+rolls+17+_cae343cb3f4b7c104ea6fa404b726206.jpg (400x400, 130K)

bump

Attached: Cute Korean Wink.gif (461x498, 1.42M)

we didn't say stippling was useless, we said it was ugly as shit.

Attached: 631c99d1-d292-472b-b08a-cef714d9406b..jpg (3264x2448, 3.32M)

>That fucking thread

Attached: 1428117585435.jpg (400x300, 28K)

at least 15 year olds from England aren't fucking POGS, they have the potential to not be faggots when they grow up, unlike you.

1)m4, sig MCX and hk416
I honestly don’t get a chance to work on a fuckton of rifles, these are the three main ones that come to my shop and most other rifles such as precision weapons don’t authorize military gunsmiths to work on them, they have to be sent back to the factory
2)same, everyone likes m4s they can put whatever they want on, whoever can get their hands on MCXs and 416s think they’re such hot shit
3)not really sure what you mean, a lot of guys will stipple their pistol grips on their rifles and add rubber cheek pads to their stocks and shit like that, other than that no one gets like boujie ass three gun modifications to their weapons.
4 and 5 don’t really feel like I’m qualified to answer either, I just got back from a long deployment and haven’t been caught up with the civilian market in a while, especially a budget build. I have a noveske 16 556 and a noveske 300 blk and I love both of them.

POG is only a big army word. Most SOF operators don’t even know what it means

What configuration are these MCX in and how popular are they? Any specific units that have them?

300 blk 6 inch rattlers with 30 cal cans recessed into the hand guard “honey badger”-esque. SMUs, I won’t get anymore specific than that.

neat

what’s an smu

I thought people complained about HK for being expensive.

Not OP. Special mission unit.

BTW OP, how'd you get into your career field? I've been interested in it for a while but I don't wanna end up getting needs of the army'd into fixing arty or something

>implying gun doctor isn’t a respectable position
ksg yourself

SMU can refer to either Delta Force or SEAL Team Six. They're absolute top of the SOF pyramid.

Eh not OP just a guy speaking from doctrine perspective. I hate thinking of SOF units as a pyramid with tiers. SOF more are geared towards different shit. It's kinda like two diverging paths each those are tiered though. You have on one side SF, CA and PSYOPs whose primary tasks are special warfare. While Ranger Regiment, Delta are tiered towards precision strikes. SF isn't about shooting people. Its about mind fucking a country to death before war even starts.

>be a gun enthusiast
>do practical shooting at range, in woods, etc
>learn what works best for me in very specific situations
>make recommendations to people on a Laotian paperclip folding forum on what I think the essentials of building a rifle are
>some fucking LARPer can’t stop sperging our about “WHEN I WAS IN THE MILUHHHHTARY I ROLLED WITH SEALS AND SPESHUL FORCES QUIT TELLING ME HOW TO SET UP RIFLES”

the LVAW isn't a rattler though, SIG changed the bolt carrier and bolt geometry

if you're going to larp at least larp accurately

Attached: hx0c2846.jpg (768x322, 83K)

>know how to work on weapons that most people will never get to see, even gun enthusiasts
You can't just say that and not explain.

Attached: 1556321175038.jpg (1024x867, 107K)

>I hate thinking of SOF units as a pyramid with tiers.
SEAL Team 6 and Delta Force are both a special category where you cannot even attempt to join unless you are already an accomplished Special Operations man. In order to try out for Delta Force, you have to already be a Green Beret, Navy SEAL, or Army Ranger.

>imagine being so assmad people are making fun of your stippleshit that you make a new thread just to larp as an operator armorer and try to obfuscate a bunch of shit to defend your stippling but then you get outted in 8 posts in

CAG has open tryouts and posts flyers my dude

>be a pog
>thinks he's hot shit because he plays around in a small room putting together legos for real soldiers

wew