How do you defeat him?

How do you defeat him?

The year is 1400 btw.

Attached: 98CEB614-C94D-46E7-B081-FAE84D611803.jpg (290x600, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/163378789
youtube.com/watch?v=D3997HZuWjk
youtu.be/Ej3qjUzUzQg
youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
youtube.com/watch?v=O4sNcozOrkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mancatcher.

Attached: mancatcher.jpg (250x353, 9K)

>crush

Attached: AH-4130.png (850x850, 50K)

Attached: 2E3AE37F-56A5-4EAE-946B-E871D0341BC4.jpg (750x538, 58K)

A long bow since it can pierce plate armor

> one or two heavy crossbow bolts to the chest
> grapple him, take him down, then slide a dagger into the armpit or eye slits
> literally take a blunt object like a hammer and smash him over the head with it, helmet or no helmet you're getting knocked out, those helmets weren't designed like modern football helmets they were designed to protect against sharp blades, not really against concussive force

Bye bye mister knight man
-Humble Peasant

Attached: This Kills the Knight.jpg (630x501, 28K)

Since he has no weapon, some kind of stick will work fine.

Wear the same suit of armour. Now he has the same problem.

Attached: fuckoff.gif (379x216, 1.98M)

AIDS or some other STD in the culo

Attached: FDE94E55-4D60-4276-B3E0-8101C49CF5A0.jpg (960x720, 44K)

It can't.
>Implying he'll give you the chance to grapple
>implying he'll just let you hit you on the head with a hammer
Won't penetrate enough even at point blank to injure suit wearer.

You aim at joints. Then bash him in the head with a spiked club or mace or something. Done deal.

Yeah.

>The year is 1400 btw.
Ca 1540, vimeo.com/163378789
So...

That helmet is likely to provide hefty blunt impact protection. Partially by mass alone, as mass resists acceleration and thus keeps you from shaking the head around as much due too that. Also due to padding, as padded caps and helmet liners are all old news at this point. And it isn't like they weren't familiar with what a warhammer, mace, non-penetrating cavalry lance to the face or so could do to you, they knew that better than we do most likely. This would have been taken into account when designing armour.

Attached: Arkeb.~1525. 2 kl.jpg (920x666, 50K)

Hi hemaboo. The "chance" to get a successful attack in would have to be a surprise or a team effort, since obviously some commoner wearing a shirt and pants against a fully armored dude isn't going to go well.

> crossbow won't penetrate
Wrong. SOME crossbows won't penetrate. However there were crossbows with extremely high draw weights specifically designed for defeating plate armor which happened in history multiple times, successfully. And yes, a longbow can penetrate a Knights armor depending on the type of armor and the bow draw weight and the arrow, once again this has happened in history already. Try again

Arrows fired from an English long bow can go straight through plate armor you retard

A warhammer with a spike on the back, or any fine point high swinging mass weapon, which were meant to penetrate plate armor.

Of course the armored knight would be on horseback unless his horse was killed or he was dismounted, in either case he’s in trouble because he can’t move very fast or far, and unless his men rally around him and cover his withdrawal he would be massed by levee peasants with farm implements and worn down and eventually dragged to the ground and killed.

This is what peasants actually believe

Why is he wearing armour from the renaissance then faggot

Based

Could an unarmed knight in full plate armor win against pick related

Attached: main-qimg-9f44883d58fc6acd2c522e9b0cee9b69-c.jpg (1030x769, 223K)

what's this?

Nice meme faggot.

If by win you mean survive long enough for the tiger to get confused and wander off, maybe.

> Knight on a horse

Literally put a crossbow bolt into the horses chest or guts or leg muscles. Then next one into the knight as he gets up. Ideally you have some buddies with you to continue fire while you reload. Two or three men with heavy crossbows and good aim could take care of the problem real quick.

lmao

Attached: 1547932373643.webm (696x392, 795K)

Are you high? Absolutely not.

i belly laughed

That's not a full draw weight bow, they say it in the video

Unless you hit a joint then no, at best you'll hit the armor hard enough for the arrow to stick in.

It's amazing that people honestly think they can jam a pointy wooden stick through a steel plate.

I’ve seen ones with longer thinner spikes. The more tapered and longer the spike the better penetration, but yeah that’s it.

How do explain Agincourt then nigger

I put on a similar suit of armor and wrassle him to the ground.

Contrary to what they show you in the movies, horses don't do down easily and the types of arrows or bolts that are made to take down horses don't do very well against the horse's barding.

Knights trudging up a hill and being bludgeoned to death.

The horses died and the knights got stuck in the mud.

a glas of oil and fire

>You aim at joints
You'll get one shot off, then he'll bash your head in. He isn't just going to stand there.
>However there were crossbows with extremely high draw weights specifically designed for defeating plate armor which happened in history multiple times, successfully
Citations required. Even the arblast is not regarded as a plate opener.
>a longbow can penetrate a Knights armor depending on the type of armor and the bow draw weight and the arrow, once again this has happened in history already
Sure, bodkins will penetrate maille and perhaps brigandine's. However, longbows were not much use against plate.
Nope. youtube.com/watch?v=D3997HZuWjk

Set him on fire with a medieval molotov cocktail, watch as he burns to death from high up a tree

But what the fuck could the tiger do? At most it can smack you a bit.

Depends on the bow draw weight and arrow type. Longbowmen have literally killed armored Knights before, it's a historical fact.

This. Horses are rather hard to bring down unless you somehow break its legs, and that's a pretty small target to aim for. I know in a few Byzantine war treatises I've read, they recommend having archers aim for the horses feet because of this fact but who knows how effective that really was as they don't go into much further detail.

Most of the killing was done after the exhausted French knights who had struggled through a field of mud had been set upon by English archers with entrenching equipment, and men-at-arms.

nigger they are like 400-600 lbs of beefy cat muscle. Their smacks can send you flying and can break your fucking femurs.

Sure, with sufficient volume of fire they managed to bring down a few since there are usually a few small spots where an arrow can get through to cause damage if the archer gets really lucky. At the same time knights versus archers where the latter don't have an easily defended position a lot of friendly knights to hide behind may not go all that well for the archers.

Attached: Image2.jpg (322x808, 96K)

>A 150lb Italian yew bow with a very hard arrowhead shooting at a steel breastplate at twenty yards.

youtu.be/Ej3qjUzUzQg

Just do this

Attached: 1556308572475.webm (1280x720, 155K)

Awfully convenient that longbowfags never recall this battle.

use a long stick to tip him over, making him fall on his ass. Push him back down every time he tries to get back up. Do this until he's too tired to try anymore. Dig a hole next to him, push him in it, bury him. Voila.

Barely an inconvenience

Halberd.

Obviously archers by themselves are not going to win. They are missile troops that are highly effective in skirmishes and when used in conjunction with heavy infantry. I can show you a battle that points to this obvious fact. And no, the English infantry did not kill most of those French knights. The archers did.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-26-18-18-03-1.png (330x1000, 111K)

you suck, dude.

Don't click this webm if you haven't seen Endgame yet

>watching capeshit
That's a yikes from me.

Give that nigga volley.

Attached: 10_03.gif (400x217, 1.03M)

Purge the metal man with purifying flames, need a friend to kneel over first so we can push him over.

Attached: 1523995200306.jpg (480x282, 29K)

>use a long stick to tip him over, making him fall on his ass. Push him back down every time he tries to get back up. Do this until he's too tired to try anymore. Dig a hole next to him, push him in it, bury him. Voila.
>what actually happens to user

Attached: 1506735207232.png (634x924, 101K)

but have you tried moving in plate armor

youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc

Have you? youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI

Note how all the bowfags shut the fuck after this, because their brains imploded when faced with reality.

damn

then I guess I'd defeat him by complimenting him. Nothing beats the power of friendship

With daggers, while the knights were floundering the mud. Not with arrows.

Plates are literally cheating. But in defense of flying wooden sticks, apparently they can be pretty effective against gamberson and riveted mail if shot form a heavy ass crosbow, which is pretty impressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=O4sNcozOrkU

>He isn't just going to stand there.
He's going to stand there if I shred his knee to pieces with a crossbow bolt. Less of stand there, more of grovel in pain on the ground.

kek

Catapult a dead cow, with living bees inside it, at him.

not likely to happen at any range, and under 50ft, he will just be on top of you within five seconds, and cut you in half.

you can fucking swim and do gymnastics in armor. real, functional armor of the sort being discussed here causes very little clumsiness.

I'm surprised medieval knights didn't go fuckin deaf from so much rattling steel. My ears, ouch.

Attached: concern.jpg (700x513, 43K)

>He's going to stand there if I shred his knee to pieces with a crossbow bolt
>*bounces off*

Step 1: Get a large hammer
Step 2: Make the handle longer
Step 3: Crack his skull with the hammer
Step 4: If he's still standing, turn the hammer around and swing it again, spiky side towards the enemy.
Step 5: If he's on the ground, turn the hammer around and swing it again, spiky side towards the enemy.

First, hide. Get a skillet, heat a fuckload of sand, attract his attention, then dump it on him. Heated sand burns him once it seeps through the crevices of his armor, rendering him trapped and flailing with severe burns. Meanwhile either beat his head with the pan as he's struggling or wait until he succumbs somewhat to the sand.

I hate sand

Well, guess you'll die, I'm using sand and a frying pan.
YOU CAN'T SPELL PAIN WITHOUT PAN AND I!

I'll agree that the common peasant isn't going to be accurate enough to inflict any damage to a knight's body under most circumstances. However; 50 feet given to anybody to travel before someone aims and fires a weapon is kind of one sided on the aggressor's part.
Not if you were to shoot him in the back of the knee. They don't armor that part, and I'm sure the quilted doublet isn't "pierce-proof". He'd be fucked if he was shot there.

>Not if you were to shoot him in the back of the knee
You will do that how?

You know what you sound like right now? You sound like those people who ask why cops don't shoot people in the arms and legs.

All the peasant COPE in this thread

Attached: 1472731765488.jpg (960x850, 155K)

This is actually a pretty good armor thread. I've been under the impression that steel plate was more vulnerable to bodkin point arrows from crossbows and longbows.

Using a bunch of dudes with these things

Attached: 06-359.png (220x351, 36K)

>You will do that how?
What kind of question is that? You're behind him. You aim at where the back of his knee is. You let loose a bolt. It hit's him in the back of the knee (hopefully). Game over. I get that you're insinuating that it wouldn't be possible to do that. Knights aren't as magical as they seem. They are just as flawed as any other troop throughout history. No soldier ever had eyes on the back of their heads, so given that the knight is fucked a bit if someone is shooting at his back.
Man, what the fuck ever. Now you're doing a whole apples and oranges thing. I don't even know who I'm replying too, but you're a faggot for sure. Cops can shoot where ever, I don't care. If they want to go center mass or T-zone it up, then good for them. We're talking knights vs peasant with a crossbow.

It's not apples and oranges, it's the same exact fuckin problem. You're saying "just shoot them here" "just shoot them there", whatever. Well good fucking luck. It's the literal exact same as saying cops should shoot people in the arms or legs to disable instead of kill not realizing the difficulty of doing such a thing. Only its actually far fuckin worse because cops shoot people from 10 yards or less with a handgun with sights rather than a crossbow without sights from far farther.

Are you right? Yes that's one way to beat a knight. Are people who say that cops can shoot people in the limbs right? Yeah they can. But good fuckin luck. That's not a counter, that's not a reliable method, that's not something you can "just do". It's what people call a miracle. It's a 1/100 shot.

Fucking bongs, I swear

The reason that argument is rarted it because those people suggest it as a non-lethal approach. Assuming a marksman has good enough aim to hit a small moving target, if it is done with intent to kill there is nothing wrong with it in a setting where you could only pierce flesh through points like that.

That's all I'm fucking saying my man. It's ONE WAY to defeat a knight as a person who isn't a fucking knight. I'm well aware of how difficult a shot like that is, or the same with a cop. All I ever said was if there was a way, that would be it. It's like if someone was like, "Hey, how do I defeat a tank that's impervious to everything besides banana peels?" Well attack it with a fucking banana peel. "No, that's like super hard to do!" Fuck you then. I swear this board argues over everything even if the two parties fucking agree on the subject.

>but but muh longbow!
'Tis but a farce to here peasants moan,
'tis but a lark to hear their wives' groan

He’s advancing toward you dumbass, are you going to juke him?

why don't cops shoot people in the arms and legs with crossbows? from like ten feet.

Listen fuck boy; if he's heading towards you it's obvious that tactic isn't going to work. For that tactic to work you'd have to be the guy he isn't targeting. Even so; as I've explained in my post to this guy it's a pretty miraculous shot to begin with. It's possible though. You'd just have to combine marksmanship with extreme luck to pull it off. If you'd think for a minute you'd actually come to the same conclusion.

No he doesn't, he spent his entire life training physically to be a melee combatant. You are a soft modern man with no idea how to fight hand to hand.

knights in the day were like professional athletes today, they were motherfuckers.

Simply put, there's a reason armor favored coverage over mobility until well into the era of matchlock arms. Could a crossbow at the right range penetrate a less well crafted plate armor, especially if it hit the extremities? Absolutely. Would that penetration reach a vital point or immobilize the knight and prevent him from ramming a lance through your torso? Not necessarily.

Improvised Molotov cocktail

Love the smell of roast pork

Gun

Matchlock gun

Knock up his wife while he's on campaign.

Attached: 20591416.jpg (460x945, 49K)

>glass bottle
>oil and tar mixed
>rag stuffed in bottle full of tar oil
>light and throw

Come at me hemafags

Arguably we have much better knowledge on fighting, nutrition, and physical fitness than he does. No fucking way he knows how to handle a heel hook.

A muddy field.
*laughs in Agincourt*

Attached: 1920px-Schlacht_von_Azincourt[1].jpg (1920x1279, 698K)

>Come at me hemafags

Attached: 1425641663953.gif (400x400, 1.77M)

Punch him in the penis