Jow Forums isn't talking about Mexico buying Mig-29

but Jow Forums is.
>211272060
es.rbth.com/technologias/82989-mexico-interesado-sustituir-f-5-eeuu-cazas-rusos-mig-29

also is Jow Forums an irreverent larp-ing board for nugget owners?

Attached: 1556309258850.png (916x614, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force#Structure
youtube.com/watch?v=38O-PcjXh0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh you know Mexico is, if the government can cut corners to stuff more money in their own pockets, you know that they will

mexico has no need for an offensive air force, which is why they have basically flown those F-5s to the absolute limit. Unless they are going to trade backroom political favors for the Migs, the won't be able to buy them.

fake news. your thread will get nuked momentarily
we will always be irrelevant faggot

>Mexico buys 2-5 MIGs
>As if we don't have allies who use Migs or Sukhois
It's not really a big thing. They'll be used for military parades at best.

Attached: 1502598275445.png (247x204, 3K)

MiG-29 being offered doesn't mean Mexico wants them.

Mexicans can barely drive cars, I wouldn't worry about their planes

Not as bad as Illinois drivers

Mexico has an Air Force?

Cool. Since India antiquated MiG-21 managed to kill more advanced American F-16 and Pakistan JF-17. Because of "29" is bigger number than "21" (or F-"16", J-"17" or F-"22"), by that logic, the MiG-29 is much much better fighter.

Attached: article_5c082a892e38c3_12604010.jpg (1440x810, 104K)

Just to run sorties on cartels really, or for them depending on the check

Who gives a shit what they buy? They can't do shit with them.

their F-5s aren't even in service anymore
Due to high operation costs, lack of parts, and the extreme age of the aircraft, the Mexican Air Force retired their 3 remaining F-5s in late 2017.[13] In early 2019, the Mexican Air Force received repaired engines for their F-5 fighters, as part of an effort to return a handful of the aircraft to operational status.[14]

>k/ isn't talking about Mexico buying Mig-29
Russia offers this kind of shit every month. They will talk big about military deals with other countries that end up not materializing, probably in some sad attempt to drive sales of their products elsewhere. See the alleged T-90 sales to Kuwait and Egypt, and the attempt to sell the MiG-29 to Argentina.

We really are dragging for bottomfeeders with bait like this

also, I think like 90-95% of their aircraft are off the shelf civ aircraft
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force#Structure

Excellent choice.

>México interesado en sustituir los viejos F-5 de EE UU por cazas rusos MiG-29M
Not everyone in here is an Amerimutt

What for? Who the fuck wants to invade mexico?

Scraping the barrel for bait?

>this is the power of Indian education

"buy equipment" (especially planes and ships) you are investing in the sellers network of supplies and trainers and trials and repair equipment and it is a significant investment in the other countries military.
Could be leading to joint training and closer alliances?

Or is this all Russian FUD?

Perfect training for our Cadres, glws

Exactly, Mexicans can't drive.

One with no fighter aircraft at all.

Mexico has an air force

Attached: C0EEE5A1-E432-4019-8F8B-ED108D95B063.gif (480x270, 253K)

Mexican Airforce is a joke

>also is Jow Forums an irreverent larp-ing board for nugget owners?

looking at the Jow Forums board I guess my instincts were right that the majority of Jow Forums users that hate vatnik related shit are Jewish. I will screen shot that board for Jow Forums memes here.

Please to kindly do the needful and have a convo with your local mp about the purchase of more superior Mig-29's for India to reach our status as super power by 2020
India ZimZimZalabim!

I guess the F-117 is really overpowered then

Everyone valuable is.

Be careful now just like India claims a mig-21 shot down an F-16 they might claim they shot down an F-22 with a mig-29 and we will have shit posting memes to piss off US Jow Forums posters/

honestly just buy chinese at this point

Why are majority of Jow Forums posters sounding like yuppy's indentured servants youtube.com/watch?v=38O-PcjXh0k

No it doesnt, not anymore. From what i understand it was merged back into the army as army aviation. What a sad little country.

But why shouldn't they go for it?
MIGs are cheaper, and good enough. Mexico doesn't really have cash to spare.

It is curious that such a large country with such a dire security situation has no functional airforce. I have no doubt its due to US meddling.

I think some new/refurbished mig 29's would serve them well. The problem is quantity. If they get 4 fucking jets they might as well not have gotten any.
Mexicos military is quite possibly on par with african militaries.

>MIGs are cheaper, and good enough.
More expensive to operate than most western planes on long run, even procurement is cheaper. Also Russia rarely allow tech transfers, major overhauls need to be done in Russia. China and India are rare cases where they have done that kind tech transfers.

Attached: lol_mig-29.png (632x376, 133K)

Sauce/more on this? This is interesting.
Im not entirely sure I believe it however. Isreali pilots stated it performed quite well, in some cases even better than western aircraft. Am I seriously supposed to believe bumfuck bulgaria or slovakia (who upgraded their migs to nato standards along with poland) periodically send their migs back to russia for overhuals? Russia doesnt need to allow tech transfers, mig 29 tech is in private hands now.

dont belive it.
you said it yourself, the Israelis already confirmed that russian aircraft already surpass western fighters. that image is just butthurt propaganda from the americans.

Exactly the opposite of the us govt :)))

Mexico is a neutral country and will never have to use jets against anybody. They have an aging, decaying fleet of F-5's that are super obsolete that they don't even use. I think they'd be fine without any jets in their fleet to be honest. But I suppose that they feel the need to atleast have a few jets just incase, even if they'll realistically never have to use them. The US will always have their back in any foreign invasion scenario.

Yes, helicopters mainly and some c-130 hercules planes to move troops around narco hotspots.

Mexico needs planes that compete with potential foes to the south, not to the north. They can't compete with the US and Canada. Take all the Mig-29s you want Mexico.

Mig-29 has good flight performance, but avionics are less advanced. Also engines and things like hydraulics require more maintenance.

>Am I seriously supposed to believe bumfuck bulgaria or slovakia (who upgraded their migs to nato standards along with poland) periodically send their migs back to russia for overhuals?
Slovakia did airframe overhauls in Russia and avionics upgrades with western contractors after that when they modernized their MiG-29's. Some of ex-commie NATO countries have overhauls for their MiG's and engines of those in Ukraine.

Ex-commie NATO countries should have sold most of their legacy fighters to 3rd world countries and kept few around for Opfor training and testing.

>that image is just butthurt propaganda from the americans.
It is from Poles. When they got F-16's in early 2000's Russians offered 'em newer version of MiG-29, they basically made assumption Russians are as dishonest in their claims about maintenance intervals as they had been during Soviet days. Basically offer was rejected prior to actual evaluations of Mirage 2000-5, F-16C block 52+ and JAS39C.

When it comes to Israeli evaluation of MiG-29. It was mostly done Polish MiG-29's in late 90's.

Mexico doesn't care about its air-force. The f-5s they have are kept in a warehouse so they they don't have to pay for aircraft maintenance and were last flown in 2017 plus they just bought surplus engines for their f-5s. Even if the MiGs are cheap spending nothing and having your aircraft in storage is cheaper.

what threats does mexico face that a jet fighter can solve?

Drug smugglers and random air space intrusions.
Most likely if they don't start securing their own airspace the US will sooner or later.

The Wall

Dropping KAB-500's on drug kingpin mansions is a start.

The only aircraft Mexico needs are drones to blow up drug smugglers, prove me wrong

They’d do well with a fleet of like 100 predators

Hi Jow Forums I saw these military cars the other day at a parade.

What are they called and which one is better?

Attached: 0142B89C-7B3A-4395-A72C-4B97FC95F6CD.jpg (2048x1724, 924K)

There's also new version of said pic, which is either:
Shopped by vatniks
Or
Legit thing, which shows how Lockmart cucked Poland

Attached: 1552433002261.png (623x469, 118K)

Arizonans should be doing this right now.

One on the right is a pretty much bog standard HMMWV, perfectly acceptable for what it is, on the left is a Bushmaster PMV with an RWS on top, overall a pretty decent MRAP, though like most MRAPs it is somewhat prone to sick flips
sick flips are not a good idea as it ends very badly for the very expensive thermal camera equipped RWS
The Bushmaster is better but also far more expensive and is not comparable as they are different vehicles designed with very different goals in mind

>also is Jow Forums an irreverent larp-ing board for nugget owners?
No but pol is an irrelevant shithole for vatniks to brainwash retards
shit that never happened

It's better than the F-5.
Still a hunk-a-junk though

how would this show lockmark cucking poland?

>Mig 29

Christ, they might as well phone the Indians and buy their Tejas.

A single Murrican engine costs more $$$ than the 6 Mig engines do. And according to this picture you still need 2.5 of those engines.

Material costs, logistics and way more overhauls.. even with Russian engineers and mechanics working bellow western janitor wages that doesn't workout cheaper.

Attached: doubt.png (680x337, 125K)

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE, OI OI OI

>Jow Forums is irrelevant
>completely fixated on the Jow Forums boogeyman

>according to this picture you still need 2.5 of those engines

Not surprising that this is your level of comprehension.

>F-16
>More advanced than MiG-21
Rofl. Remind me, when did F-16 finally get BVR capability?

>when you realize this isnt bait but what the average Pajeetoid shill unironically believes

Literally what purpose do fighter jets serve in a Mexican air force?

R doesn't stand for replacement. If it did, the MIG would go through 18 engines, not 6.

>high operation costs
If the F-5s are seldom used because Mexico doesn't want to pay to maintain them, they will never actually buy MIG-29s, the F-5 is the cheapest supersonic aircraft to operate and maintain, bar none; you could have the F-5s 0-hour-ed for the cost of a normal engine rebuild on the MIGs. Keeping the MIGs in the air would be far more expensive.

the part about the engines being overhauled outside of Poland (presumably in the US) was cropped from the other image, so this means they are "cucked" because shipping an engine back to the use once every 15 years is "bad"

Democrats:
>Russia is our worst enemy!
>Mexico is our ally and trusted friend!
>Mexico:
>Una orden de Migs por favor, Sr. Putin.

Attached: Tucker Carlson-1017-GQ-MOCA01-01.jpg (2247x2247, 887K)

>were last flown in 2017
Complete lie. The news in the OP come out of FAMEX, which is currently on going in Mexico City. This is a video from like two days ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9HVs7TpQY

We tried to buy F-16s from you guys but all you wanted to sell us was hand-me-down planes from the 90s. Don’t confuse ally with personal cuck.

This and some apache.

But Mexico is our personal cuck. Well, second personal cuck, after Canada.

Attached: 9f5.jpg (800x450, 62K)

Weren’t you just complaining about the possibility of Mexico buying MiG-29s? Which one is it? Personal cuck or enemy? Btw, the article is wrong. Russia offered Mexico the MiG-29M at FAMEX, but nothing has come of it and it’s unlikely to happen.

As a burger, I see no reason to object to this.

I mean, an F-16 might be simpler logistically because Mexico is literally right next to the country that makes parts and munitions for it, but I don't really care provided that Mexico has something that works.

Hopefully we get to see some dank footage of cartels getting hit by JDAMs.

probably just means that the engines are sent to one of the workshops in Europe, such as Netherlands or Norway. Strange thing to be "cucked" about desu.
The alternative would be to set up their own workshop at great expense for such a small number of planes

It's annoying how this image is always posted without a source. Would it be so hard to add a little bit of text to it? Seriously, I'm curious.

Anyway, I'm not sure how relevant it is in this context. The RD-33 engine has been worked and reworked quite a lot. If they're buying new MiG-29s, it's unlikely that graph still applies. The situation for the MiG could be worse or it could be better, but it's probably not still the same.

Why did they offered Mexico a short range interceptor in the first place?

>Russia offered Mexico the MiG-29M at FAMEX
does the "M" stand for monkey model?

Well Mexicuck surely isn't going to uncuck itself by flying slavshit that's for sure.

t. seething mutt

Why doesn't Mexico buy the Griffin or Chinese?

wow that's rich

almost as rich as my shit after eating Mexican food

No, 9.12B stands for money model.

Some sources even claim the Yak-130 also. Which brings to light the extreme inconsistency between them. Is there any reliable statement from anyone in a position with a say in the matter?

No, I wasn't complain about Mexico buying Migs. That doesn't bother me at all. I was complaining about Democrats. They act like Russia is the bogeyman, and Mexico is our best buddy, but in reality Mexico is buying military hardware from the Russians.

Russia isn't a bogeyman, it's a failed petrol state that keeps shitting everywhere and is one hard line German chancellor from total economic collapse.

Not really, it's hard to care much about Mexico maybe buying some obsolete Soviet aircraft to replace obsolete American aircraft.

50 planes is not a small number, not in Europe. How many F-16s does Norway operate? How many F-16 flies under Czech flag? Because link-16 programming hub for European Vipers is located in Czech Republic.

To put things in some perspective, the cancelled contract for 60 Caracal helicopters was coming with massive investments in Polish infrastructure. Including the maintenance facility build from scratch. And it was cancelled in favor of numerous transatlantic purchases, such as HIMARS and Patriot. These are extremely beneficial for USA only, as buyer gets fucked over with logistic chain strained over ocean ( and $200 LockMart certified sledgehammers, which are recurring if salty joke in Warsaw)

>elect a president that builds his entire presidential campaign around antagonizing a country
>get offended when that country decides to show you a middle finger and start buying weapons from your enemy
welp

>Some sources even claim the Yak-130 also. Which brings to light the extreme inconsistency between them. Is there any reliable statement from anyone in a position with a say in the matter?
Here's your answer: both bureaus want sales and industry publications always overstate the actual level of interest. Yaks are more likely, but I bet Mexico hasn't made firm statements either way

The brits should have never taught the poos how to read because all they do with their literacy is make the strangest shitposts. Should have left them wallowing in their own filth to worship cows and elephant men. Well, I suppose most of the country still is like that.

An illiterate man won't read British propaganda. An illiterate man will resist foreign culture instead of copying it.

Frederick Douglas would disagree

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (588x823, 109K)