Can anyone explain why the U.S Army would want an SMG with a 4.5 inch barrel??

Can anyone explain why the U.S Army would want an SMG with a 4.5 inch barrel??

Attached: 20190427_000421.jpg (1427x1308, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

smoll boy is SMALLER than BIG

MPs and military security service details, I expect.

More or less that. I wager they are looking for a new PDW to provide to pilots and drivers and shit.

Hopefully magazine won't be 70 FUCKING DOLLARS PER MAG HOLY FUCK

Do you think the military simply buys guns becuase they look cool?

More than a few times.

So it will be more compact when you add a suppressor to it.

9mm nato bootils at 4" make people dead and 4.5" covers deviations

It’s not like many of us can claim we’re any better in that regard.

Why would anyone want a smg that doesnt feed from the grip?

>tfw MP5 is finally being replaced

Attached: cries internally.jpg (720x505, 91K)

Tankers, pilots, just about anything you want to keep out of the way but still want IE modern grease gun

I want to finger that qt shooty.

I think it looks neat

Plenty have speculated that the X-32 lost to the F-35 for just this reason. Even bean counting bureaucrats aren't immune from the influence of A E S T H E T I C.

She had a good run, user

Bucket heads bro idk why they would.

>ywn tease him about his length

The X-32 lost because it was a massive piece of shit

take a look at the stats. 9mm really doesn't get much from additional barrel length. I would probably stop at 6in.

ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Attached: file.png (685x628, 34K)

Probably wanted a more assault rifle feel to handling it, closer to the standard rifle.

>still straight blowback
so... a 9mm grease gun with rails

this. replace the fucking mossberg 500s gathering rust and dust in every arms room in the army right now

the design specs for the XM8 were literally
>make it look like something out of starship troopers

Can anyone explain why the U.S Army would want an SMG

seriously, why not just make grease guns with a top and bottom rail?

no serious retraining from m4, fingers and thumbs go to the same places to do the same things as an m4

Because HK loses money on each mp5 due to the high cost to produce the stamped sheet metal, so all the old mp5s that the military has that are worn out can't be replaced. If it wasn't for that, mp5s would still be queen of close quarters

Attached: best smg.png (1000x800, 329K)

The vast majority of military SMGs are never fired in anger so making them smaller and lighter is the way to go.
The Škorpion vz. 61 got it right and the west is catching up nearly 60 years latter.

Wrong thread for this but fuck it.
>147 gr 9mm out of a scorpion with an osprey9 suppressor
>Magdump because end of day and no mag shall come home full
>25 rounds of normal suppression, last 5 rounds sound louder, maybe supersonic.

Does rapid fire 9mm and increased heat create a condition where bullet velocity increases?

>high cost to produce the stamped sheet metal
Calling bullshit on that, stamping was specifically invented to reduce production costs. Assuming your post isn't complete bullshit and they actually do take a hit on sales (which I doubt) it would be because roller delay requires tighter tollerances than rotating bolts.

No idea if heat could transfer fast enough though a case to make a difference but the hotter the propellant the faster the burn holds true for ammo and solid rockets alike.

most likely due to the age of the stamping machines. what was the last stamped metal gun HK developed?

Good riddance

Attached: image.jpg (640x600, 294K)

Now that is more believable. If the stamps are worn to the point they have to scrap a decent % then they are going to cost a fortune to replace and without a large order it just wouldn't be worth it, especially when you are trying to sell the MP7 instead.

Based

Attached: 1544411657935-1.jpg (227x176, 9K)

Can anyone explain why anyone would want a 9mm with a barrel longer than 5"?

>Plenty have speculated that the X-32 lost to the F-35 for just this reason. Even bean counting bureaucrats aren't immune from the influence of A E S T H E T I C.
the f35 won because it was a completed plane and f32 was not finished, retard.

Hi literally hired farrari to design the shell, since it really is just a she'll around a g36.

It doesn't help that the x32 couldn't even take off or land virtically without physically removing panels of the airframe, meaning it could never go supersonic in testing, Which the x35 did no problem.

Attached: 1550980866321m.jpg (1024x744, 83K)

because it's not WWII and we don't need to shit out millions of guns. We can spend the time and money on something that is nice to use.

R99

They're gonna replace the Sig shit with these as their standard issue sidearm.

Attached: image.jpg (720x654, 195K)

The FUCKING magwell

Attached: 1375445733997.jpg (600x600, 143K)

>replacing your stamping dies
>not entering the 21st century and making the top half an aluminum extrusion and the bottom a polymer casting.

I mean, yeah, they tried some stuff like that, but doing so while retaining roller delayed blowback operation

>mfw some pog guard/reserve units still have grease guns
So fucking jelly

Room clearing vs non armored goat lovers

>extrusion
Is it really so accurate these days you can expect decent tolerances? The last time I worked with Al extrusions was ~20 years ago and we had a fitting mallet and only needed ~1mm tolerances.

Got spend all your budget or else they don’t give you as much next year.

FN SCARs are extruded and typically shoot sub-moa out of the box with decent ammo

Attached: DSC_0172.jpg (1500x1000, 452K)

but that wasn't even the final design of the x32, just a prototype

Literally the XM8

Regardless if that's true, the MP5 is too expensive for a 9mm SMG.

>HK products are too expensive
Stop the presses

for civilians maybe, they're cheap as shit for police and military, why do you think every 3rd world police force has dozens of them?

I'm thinking they want to shoot people with it.

Attached: photo_2019-01-15_14-06-46.jpg (728x728, 54K)

Flips already do that, why not buy from them?

What does this do better than a grease gun that makes it worth spending so much fucking money on? This is fraud, waste, and abuse right here.

The AR-15 dude

It was all fancy schmancy high tech at the time

That pic reminds me of that little possum I found in the recycle bin a few days ago. The poor guy was helpless, he didn't even know how to play dead.
I think he lives in my front yard now, I found a burrow hole in the flower beds that I don't think was there before.

Civ market yes. Military and LEO get them cheap as fuck.

Do take into account that velocity is squared

Building new MP5s is expensive compared to making a simple blowback SMG that would be 95% as good.

>generals literally advocated against the m16 because it used polymers and not wood.

More like GAYnerals, amirite?

Check your can, you may have had a baffle strike

you say that like it's a bad thing user.