2-way radios

Ok I got one of these bad boys just in case shtf but what are some fun things I can do with it in the meantime?

Attached: 61nQMJPSeEL._SL1500_.jpg (338x1500, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZiqrtXdxaY
youtube.com/watch?v=84w1_Yekj6Q&t=25m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=WTi7v77XZYs&t=1m14s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

by another, talk to yourself like a retard
by another, use it with a buddy on gmrs freqs
dont be a lazy nigger, get your ham license then
you can really learn and use it.
then throw it in the trash and buy a motorola p25 if youre going to continue your adventure into tactical comms

Try inserting it sideways into your anus then cutting your penis off with a table saw

What is this and why should I get one for shtf?

Listen to police channels near you.

>motorola p25
whats so good about it?

nothing just stick with the baofeng, fudd boomers hate them because they're so cheap and people run them w/o licenses going through the proper channels
>ruining my precious hobby reeeeeeeee

The Baofeng is a versatile and low cost unit and is uniquely suitable for use in a shtf

Get the directions to free band it and scan around for a local fast food restaurant to harass.

Get your local freqs off radioreference and program it. Did you get the programming cable? Depending on your location you may want to upgrade the antenna.

>meantime?
Learn how to use repeaters and nets

>Learn how to use repeaters and nets
why

Long distance communication. Then you can throw away your phone.

>whats so good about it?
P25 is the gold standard for digital secure comms radios. They offer encryption. You can plug them into your ComTacs (with the proper impedance)

>fudd boomers hate them because they're so cheap and people run them w/o licenses going through the proper channels

People hate them because they are just chinesium todays that WILL break on you. Ive literally gone though 5. They're trash. Its great throw away radio. Need to stay in touch with the family on your float trip? Great. Not for "life and liberty" purposes. anyone using a baofeng is on analog which means ANYONE can hear your dumb asses conversation.

Cuz cell service and POTS are not everywhere, are not 100% reliable, and (more importantly) are subject to central government interception. Neither are HAM bands of course.

>uniquely suitable for use in a shtf
it is not.

leave this thread up i can explain more tomorrow.

what are your thoughts on field phones? youtube.com/watch?v=DZiqrtXdxaY

Gee I wonder what radio you wasted your money on. How did you break your Baofag?

ham fudd detected.

The right of the People to use the electromagnetic spectrum for their own purposes shall not be infringed.

Buy an old Motorola Saber, preferably UHF
they also double as makeshift weapons

open up the back where battery is...if you dont see an FCC emblem you have an illegal radio that will be confiscated if you use it and get caught

Attached: 1496882455633.png (816x598, 109K)

Plus like a $50K fine, minimum like $5K and its the FED's...have fun baofenging. There is a reason they let them into the country so cheap...You think the Government is stupid? Hahahahha!

Attached: 1479455295171.jpg (398x437, 42K)

dont do this, it makes mustard gas

nobody owns radio frequencys boomer fudd, deal with it.

what is NARR

Why?

a type of whal

It is cheap, simple, can connect with pro hunting radios and walkies alike, and every survivalist on the planet owns one.

>Patron de la plaza

Cartel comms

Go on the count PD channel and try to help. They will show up at your house a few days later to thank you

I have some baofengs that have been sitting around for a while now. Whats the best way to learn how to use them?

without getting caught

I mean non ham use.

pussy

U kosher too

Don’t do this, it makes mustard gas

There's some handy infolets to help you with the basics. Best way to learn will be to bring a couple of sets and a buddy out into the wild, say half an hour drive from the nearest population, and chat your heart out there because the range is too short to get anyone elses attention.

Attached: baofeng radio manual.jpg (792x3458, 561K)

anyone know about police radio scanners? i want to know when the first zombie incident happens so i can get the fuck out of dodge

Bearcat 996 - many places use a trunking type of radio and these scanners can be programmed to listen to these conversations.

I have an older Uniden BCD996 and I use it quite often.

based

stick the antenna in your urethra

you cant listen to police channels with the baofang

Some rural departments are still single channel, it’s common outside cities - although it’s just a matter of time when all departments go P25

LMAO. you retards wont even be able to hear each other when youre getting brapped on by people using digital radios. you do you know digital traffic sounds like when youre trying to talk on analog, right? fucking poorfags and their baofengs are the anderson PSA just as good retards of radio.

keep your baofengs. you deserve to die anyway. idiots.

...yes you can. if theyre utilizing a conventional analog system.

better to have a HiPoint than nothing at all

you can use big boy radios on GMRS frequencies. you dont NEED a ham license despite what these assmad baofeng fags in here are saying.

>nobody owns radio frequencys boomer fudd, deal with it.

when did i ever say that you illiterate baofag?

>ham fudd detected.
im a "ham fudd" because im telling you your 25 dollar piece of junk radio is a piece of junk. so much coping.

all these ass mad faggots are butthurt because i told them their piece of shit radio is a piece of shit... yeah baofengs are so great...thats why the US military, swat teams, alphabet agencies and police around the country are using them. Oh... wait...theyre not...theyre using motorola p25 radios because theyre not 250lb faggots larping with their Anderson poverty pony on the weekends.

>Anderson poverty pony
whats that?

>anderson PSA
if you've got any evidence or links suggesting this combination isn't good to go, why don't you post it

My fire dept unironically uses these instead pagers now

cope more poorfags

Attached: just_as_good.jpg (1000x1000, 261K)

it was a genuine question, i dont know what you mean by anderson. im new to radios lol

oh i understand, anderson is a low quality AR.

explain

Attached: awdawdw.png (773x386, 40K)

anderson/psa is a shit quality AR. People who are poor and buy them cope by saying things like theyre "just as good" or "theyre made in the same place as the premium manufactures." Sure do they work...most of the time...is it something that is going to last that youd want to trust your life with? probably not.

This is the same case with Baofeng radios. They are actually lower than anderson tier... there isnt really a gun manufacturer that is shitty enough to compare them to. people once again cope and say theyre just as good and call anyone with better more premium radios "ham fudds." If they knew what they were talking about, real ham fudds hate motorola radios too because like the know nothings here on Jow Forums they are also too poor to afford them and or dont want to bother learning the programming software because motorolas are rather computer dependent which we know is kryptonite to boomers and fudds. ham fudds believe motorolas should be used by police only just like fudds in the gun community believe only police and military should have AR-15s.

Motorola Radios are the premium AR-15 of the radio world. Baofeng is a rusty 1966 single shot shotgun you get at a pawn shop...

ah makes a lot of sense, thanks.

baofengs are subject to overmodulation and have an annoying ppt confirmation beep. thats how people say they "can tell by how it sounds."

yes old boomer fudds like cheap chinese radio and they literally also say its just as good as premium brands which...they are not. its more coping and lack of information. they just do what ever the local ham club tells them is good, much like the NRA and hunting clubs do to fudds.

>what are your thoughts on field phones?
out dated and no longer relevant

ty

>Gee I wonder what radio you wasted your money on.
lets see how much money you waste on shitty Chinese radios and accessories before you realize you were wrong and buy something decent

i was under the impression that they can't be tapped into or whatever?

the frequencies they use cant be utilized by non military. as i stated motorola p25 with encryption enabled is the best thing because "they cant be tapped into" (by your average person atleast)

everything you say on a baofeng will be heard by everyone in atleast a 5 mile if not 25 mile radius... ever heard of opsec? apparently the baofags havent. their opposition will hear their numb as conversing about their location and just pick them off.

>the frequencies they use cant be utilized by non military.
for legal reasons or tech?
youtube.com/watch?v=84w1_Yekj6Q&t=25m14s

oops, the timer for the video looks like it didn't work. the field phone part starts at 25 mins 14 secs in

I new to Jow Forums, is this a weapon?

1st off, watch out for the bored Fudds who hunt people using HAM frequencies without a license. My grandmothers neighbor is one. Has a long list of names he's helped catch.

Second, buy a book, take online practice tests, and get your technician license, that way you're in the clear.

Radios/commo require practice. There's no "I'll figger it out when shtf." Practice now, get your equipment together now, figure out how to keep it running without mains power Now.

Attached: 1540823391995m.jpg (791x1024, 194K)

Ive got aero ar's and Psa ar's... They both function fine... The Lowers are literally THE SAME DAMN THING except for a few added accessories on the aero's! They are manufactured by the SAMe damn manufacture, Sure the uppers on the aero's are a LITTLE better/tighter/quality but unless a 1/2-1 moa is a giant deal to you they make zero difference... Unless you are shooting competitions or a literal war fighter justifying a 300% upcharge is retarded... They both do their job just fine, The aero might last a few thousand rounds longer then the psa upper/barrel but you elitist bullshit is just that bullshit. When it comes to Ar's the ONLY thing you are paying for from BCM/spikes etc. is the roll mark nothing more... You can make a case for uppers but after a certain point you are just pissing $$$ away to make youself feel like your better when you are actually not! I promise ive shot more Ar's/rounds then you have but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say just as many and i can attest that a nitride/nickel bcg and a nitride/chrome lined barrel and a good fcg in a psa will perform damn near as well as in a bcm or a spikes for more then half the price!

>BCM/spikes
thats how i know youre poor because you consider bcm/spikes "premium."

they are also junk.

Lol have fun pissing away thousands on a rifle while i'll have 5 on par with yours for the same price

I listen to city PD, county sherif, fire etc. in suburbs, not rural. Only state cops and feds are encrypted here.

I do it all day

Butthurt ham fudd

$25 so far for 3 years of listening to the cops without the internet stream delay. One 911 call/arrest thanks to my Chinese radio. Why would I upgrade?

>utilized
The word you’re looking for is ‘used’. You sound like nasty guard or other nigger tier mil

What a faggot, seriously.

>1-5 watts
>25 miles
Wow baofags really are better than Motorola

Wideband/Narrowband

>implying FCC cares about baofags on ham freqs. You wasted your time and money taking the test.

How should I begin getting my ham license and what frequencies can I use in the mean time?

Attached: 040acb5efb5e473d9e306ea967020768.jpg (720x1280, 654K)

Anyone can use GMRS freqs

so when he said utilized, he meant legal wise? alright, so field phones are still useful

If we are talking about the same thing, a field phone allows communication through a line. Provided you have two static positions within a reasonable distance those phones will be very useful. As soon as one of the units starts moving, the field phone will be pretty cumbersome to work with compared to any radio based system.

t. former field radio central operator

Learn how to use it, configure different channels, set it up as a repeater. You're done.

yeah thats what im thinking. maybe something more permanent with some underground tubing for the line. it can't be jammed by radio/phone jammers right? and its "voice powered"

and maybe protect it against EMP if thats needed. i dont know jack shit so im just throwing out ideas

I have one but I don’t know how to use it, at least properly. I just toss it in the car before trips to the sticks so I can scream for help on all frequencies in case I’m out of cell reception and my car is broken down/mauled by wolves/shot my self etc.

make a thread about your $18 chinese radio every other week because you don't know anything about radios but thought you had to buy one to feel operator

a lot of people bashing baofangs but im thinking of getting one to fuck around on. sort of like people encouraging people to get a WASR for their first AK, then if they want to, go to higher tier brand like Arsenal

Lol at the fucktard larp couch operator who needs a dd or larue to feel special. Literally nothing wrong with psa although it wouldn’t be my primary ar I have thousands of rounds through mine with no issues.

It's a piece of wire connected to two extremely basic electrical devices with batteries. As long as you have juice the system is very sturdy. The trouble is, the line only works as long as it is intact. Someone cut it, or something falls over it, or any such problem and someone will have to go follow the line and locate the problem then fix it. Ask any line worker about how often that happens. In war conditions, that is not an enviable job.

That said, I do own two old field phones. They will probably outlive me.

youtube.com/watch?v=WTi7v77XZYs&t=1m14s

Baofengs aren’t akin to PSA rifles unless those are down to $89.99. Think 90s Mosin type value. You can buy 100 of them for the price of a “real” radio which makes a lot of sense unless you’re wasting taxpayer money with a govt credit card.

>How should I begin getting my ham license

First off, you shouldn't even try, given you are here. Getting your technician license is THE most gruelling exam you will take in your life and it only gets harder from there to General and Advanced. I doubt any of the guys on here shitting on Baofengs even have their license. It's literally like the Navy Seals of exams. Just listen on your toy, have fun with that, and be thankful I saved you some time and suffering.

you can get on repeaters with those and depending on your location, possibly extend your range for 100s of miles