Has anyone ever coated a gun in some kind of "super black" material. A material that absorbs 99.9% of light?

Has anyone ever coated a gun in some kind of "super black" material. A material that absorbs 99.9% of light?

If someone sees your concealed handgun, they will be less able to tell that it's a gun.

In addition, I've heard that it's better to have a gun that cannot be described. If you pull the gun out, and don't use it, you may be charged with "brandishing". But if it's harder for them to see the gun, it's harder for them to discern whether you actually have a gun, and to describe the gun for a judge.

Also, it's just cool.

Attached: face-vanta-1024x762.png (1024x762, 610K)

Other urls found in this thread:

culturehustle.com/products/black-v1-0-beta-the-world-s-mattest-flattest-blackest-art-material
nano-lab.com/optical-black-coatings.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All I found was this paintball gun (which looks la little like an AUG), that was coated in vantablack).

>forgot pic

Attached: v8x9sgdznax01.jpg (4032x3024, 743K)

>vantablack
it's toxic, but irrc someone else made a copy that's safe

That's not an AUG?

It's a paintball gun. It looks like an AUG, because it's a paintball gun manufactured to look like an AUG.

The threads on the scope, I see.

>and to describe the gun for a judge.
"It was like a pistol or something, really black."
Evidence 1A: a really black pistol.

That's supposed to save your ass?

You absolutely sure that's vantablack and not just some other very black? Because there seems to be a lot more to baking that on than just painting. Then there's the issue where the deep black of it is caused by the structure, meaning it'll be extremely sensitive to wear, dirt and so on.

That's not vantablack, but it's extremely dark. Sure. All of its features would be invisible, like OP's pic.

>First of all, your honor, it's "handgun of color" and just because my pistol is of color, doesn't mean xe committed this crime

Oh yeah duh. That isn't vantablack.

>is the prosecution trying to discriminate against my client's handgun's color?

You know that the carbon nanotubes to coat that mask were "Grown" not just painted/coated on traditionally. And since someone has actually bought the use of vantablack, we wont get to use it until a competitor does better.

some hack pajeet artist who's into gimmickry bought it

Vanta black cant be used for what youre thinking.

Im not sure how well versed you are in it but its done by growing carbon nanotubes onto the material through specialized means.

This means the vanta black layer is very fragile compared to any other black and can be easily broken off, making the whole silhouette illusion youd want, fall apart.

Trust me I know how awesome Itd be to apply it to any of my air gear.

Would make testing rnd easier when noone can define any features.

I can make my own really dark black. How do I test how black it is without it getting arrested?

It's not always going to save you. It's probably not usually going to save you.

However, if the surface is undefined and entirely black, a lot of people won't be able to tell it's a gun. They might assume it's a cell phone, or something else. This is particularly true if they're at a weird angle, which sees the gun from the front/back, or from the top/bottom, rather than from the side.

Imagine that my picture is all they see of the gun.

Also, the less they see, the more error-prone their testimony may be. "Officer, he had a completely black revolver".

Attached: 0000464_patrol-series-slide-glock_560.jpg (560x373, 14K)

Are there no substances comparable to vantablack, which can achieve a comparable result?

There has got to be a black paint that is designed to be uber-non-reflective. Even if it's not as good as vantablack - I think absorbing 99.5%of light would be pretty good.

At current the only material ghat can achieve silhouette illusion is via carbon nanotubes.

But barring that, anything of that level of black will be as another pointed ouy, highly susceptable to any and all forms of dirt and wear.

With any of it allowing the shape to be defined.

Dumb phone.

There is black 2.0, which gets close though.

There are blacker than normal paints, like culturehustle.com/products/black-v1-0-beta-the-world-s-mattest-flattest-blackest-art-material , but you're not getting to vantablack levels without some comparable voodoo, and no matter what your black will rapidly get knocked down a few pegs by dirt and wear even if it isn't as sensitive as vantablack.

What if you paint it twice

nano-lab.com/optical-black-coatings.html
someone else did

Well, crap. I didn't know that type of paint was so fragile.

>With any of it allowing the shape to be defined.
I mean, your hand will be covering a lot of the gun, especially for "compact" handguns. And there are a number of handguns which don't have a typical "handgun" silhouette. I don't think this part of the problem is insurmountable.

Holy shit

Do you have no understanding whatsoever about how light and paint work? Once the paint covers whatever is underneath properly no further amount of paint will make any difference here since we no longer have any reflections from the underlying surface. Dirt likewise doesn't give a fuck about how much paint is underneath it, since it sits on top and make sit so you don't even see the black paint. And wear doesn't need to wear down to the underlying surface to fuck you up her,e simply by changing the surface of the black paint it will change how light is reflected, and since the surface is already reflecting as little as it possibly could that means the only way to go is towards "less black".

Attached: download.jpg (278x181, 5K)

Its a nice idda, and the military no doubt has some deep black budget research for that sort of shit, but for the rest of us, its going to be a while for any realistic usage.

the problem is to keep fragile structures aliened
those are non aliened partials in a suspension
so its not quite the same

Attached: big black cock.jpg (650x618, 70K)

Are you fucking retarded man? The only reason the first coat isn't black enough is because it's a little bit translucent. You repaint it black again so the only thing you can see through the translucent black paint is more black paint, making it completely black

Horrible idea for camouflage.