Why do ar15 shooters do this wavy thing with their hands on the safety? Are they being tacticool little shits?

Why do ar15 shooters do this wavy thing with their hands on the safety? Are they being tacticool little shits?

Attached: 0014A5F1-716A-42F1-831F-58F3BE227839.jpg (638x638, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bwk_YlNHGIv/?igshid=adzjyz0twqya
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What wavy thing?

have you ever even held a gun?

Wavy thing?

Are you talking about how they put their thumb on or near it?

>wavy thing
i own an ar, what the fuck do you mean by wavy thing?

Attached: 20190418_140539.jpg (3264x2448, 2.58M)

You know the wavy thing you do with your ding a ling!

Yes I do a full proper wave to my target before firing.

oh well thats just what they teach you in the army.

uuuummm ok

Attached: 1cb85v.jpg (300x225, 36K)

I have seen some tacticool youtubers doing this 4 finger wave thing do you mean that?

Op here watch this

instagram.com/p/Bwk_YlNHGIv/?igshid=adzjyz0twqya

Why does he do that thing with his hands?

They're manipulating the safety.

Everytime they shoot?

Hes thumbing the safety as he lowers the gun, his fingers move as a consequence. Jeez what a painfully retarded thread.

You own a DTI-15, some shitty no name knockoff of a Colt AR15.

im surprised the question was even being phrased like that lmao

anyways its a good habit to train safety manipulation and get that muscle memory ingrained so when you shoot you always know your safety is going to be off and your firearm is live and vice versa

Im just asking so now I know - why are these faggots exaggerating their movements tho?

because the US military teaches you to put the gun on safe once you're done shooting. IMO i think its a stupid habit and prefer the russian doctrine of 'safe when you aren't in a combat area, fire when you are'

>why are these faggots exaggerating their movements tho?

most likely because they're scared their instructor will yell at them if he doesn't see them doing it.

the only reason is that the AK safety is god awful retarded to manipulate in a hurry and the AR safety is retarded easy.
you best believe the russians would do the same if the AK had a well designed safety, and vice versa if the AR had a retarded one.

>no name
>del ton

It’s good to go, you fucking profligate.

>delton

yep one of the dime a dozen varius shit heap AR clones.

It takes a fraction of a second to change from safe to fire on an AR. I spent a decade in the army and deployed multiple times, I heavily feel that is a very solid practice for rifles with easily manipulated safeties. When the rifle is low ready, your thumb is right on the safety. As you raise the weapon, you change from safe to fire while raising it, and fire to safe while lowering it. Do it enough it becomes muscle memory. As fast as I've ever needed to shoulder and fire my rifle, I've been able to go from safe to fire and back without even thinking. With such an easy to manipulate safety, and proper training, I can't see any reason to leave the weapon on fire in any situation. When you're wearing a ton of Kit, bulky crap, coms, its fairly easy to have an accidental discharge from your kit pulling the trigger while your jumping over shit, running, taking cover, getting in or out of a vehicle. Etc.

Some weapon systems can't be manipulated so quickly and effortlessly, so that methodology doesn't work, but for rifles with a thumb safety, its a no brainer, proper training is important, and ensuring the safety of the weapon is also important.

>never got issued a garbage colt m4

Hate to break it to you bubba, but every AR-15 pattern Rifle that was not manufactured by Armalite is an AR-15 clone.

Colt ARs suck. Last deployment I went on we switched entirely to FN15's and it was a very nice change. I see no reason to Fanboy colt.

zoomer alert

Attached: 1555143491354.gif (270x138, 1.71M)

it's the AR JAZZ HANDS ~TSSAAAAAH~
>*click click click*

precious precious bait

Attached: images.jpg (256x197, 7K)

faggot