AR Thread - /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Professional Street Niggas Edition

mOld:

Attached: 1490668921391.jpg (373x388, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-22-65-complete-upper-atlas-r-one
aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-stripped-lower-receiver-fde
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck Wuggy

there is literally nothing wrong with bcm

Attached: DSC_1117.jpg (1800x1200, 1.16M)

Quite literally.

Attached: 65ef4g6er84g6e8rg4a6sdf8g4.jpg (2273x1700, 1.63M)

Should have made this Anons confused by qb posting edition.

what ambi mag release is that?

except their rails
holy fuck, bill gets bullied but imagine dropping a kmr/mmr
completely fucked

Attached: DSC_5942.jpg (2400x1600, 615K)

KAC
they probably still make it
it's fucking awful tho, i hope you like dropping mags just by bummping your body

>cloudy and raining outside
today is a good day for beans and weenies

Attached: 1549657911903.jpg (2448x3264, 451K)

MCMR isn't drop safe?
Not that I'll ever get IR illum but front BUIS are still a thing

Didn't one user come in saying their lowers dont take gen 3 pmags?

Poast 14.5s with sopmod and lvpo. I know what mine will look like but I'm still so far away ;;

Attached: 20190425_183526.jpg (2048x1536, 978K)

Attached: trijicon_accupower_1x8.jpg (5035x6294, 1.89M)

Why cheap out on optics?

that user must be retarded, gen3s work just fine in BCM lowers.
Only time I've heard of gen3's not working is with people who put those Lancer magwells on their lowers. I know one user/tripfag here has that.

My recent haul.

10 D&H aluminum mags at 8 bucks a pop, and a Sig Romeo 5 + 10 Pmags for $200.

Attached: 20190427_124225.jpg (4032x3024, 3.32M)

How are Windham Weaponry ARs? I know they run commercial buffer tubes and 1/9 twist barrels but how is their quality compared to other ARs on the market?

>not 10 okay mags
>or an aimpoint

OOF

HURRY UP TUESDAY

Attached: 1495503439806.jpg (265x325, 14K)

It's fortunate that you have so little money for PSA's card skimmers to spend.

ATACR is nice

Attached: 20190306_103455_HDR-1.jpg (2356x2080, 1.11M)

Took my new AR build out and got it sighted in today. I was honestly impressed by the grouping and the Holosun HS403R red dot works really well. A roughly 2" 15 shot group, the last 10 shots were about as fast as I could get back on target. I don't think I can do any better with a non-magnified optic at that range, the dot itself is 2MOA...

Attached: new_ar_grouping.jpg (2160x3840, 1.93M)

How are commercial buffer tubes and 1/9T barrels even still a thing?

Winds were gusting 10-20 MPH anywhere between 11 - 7 O'clock as well. I put 85 rounds through the gun and it cycled 100% from the first shot, no failures of any sort.

Attached: range_time.jpg (1080x1920, 624K)

>How are commercial buffer tubes and 1/9T barrels even still a thing?

Apparently 1/9T barrel is because Windham believes most shooters are using 55 grain ammo. As for the buffer tube no idea

>I put 85 rounds through the gun and it cycled 100% from the first shot, no failures of any sort.

HOLY FUCK STOP THE PRESSES

>85 rounds
Why even bother going out

>Why even bother leaving your home to actually go shooting when you can post the same recycled AR pictures on /arg/ all day and make new dank /arg/ memes with your tripfriens

Well my last build took a number of rounds through it to get it to cycle 100%. I also have a couple of friends who just put together matching 6.5 Creedmoor guns (using fully assembled uppers from Aero) and they're lucky to get 5 shots downrange without the guns failing to seat the next round fully causing light strikes on the primer.

I spent 2 hours out there. It takes longer when you wait for the barrel to cool down between 5 shot groups and have to walk back and forth to the target after every group to check out how you shot. I was also running a boresnake through the barrel every 20 rounds which is supposedly a good thing to do during the "break in period".

I put at least 300 rounds downrange when I go out or I call it a waste of time

>2 hours
>85 rounds
>break in period

fuck these good meal s usa army make me want to join for good meals fuccckkk

That MSRP is almost $800 bruh.
Readily found for around $600.
Shooting for mid-high grade across the board on this rifle. Aero m4e1 set, BA hanson, leupold 1-4x, bcm furniture. Final cost will be like $1800ish with light and sling. Only about $1100 to go

good magnified optics start at ~$1k

D&H mags are fine dude. Romeo 5 is also fine, especially for 80 dollars.

What did they use for lowers?

Also, the AR is meant to run hot and semi-dirty (about 21 rounds) before it starts shooting consistent. Generally, if you lubricate it properly you won't need to clean it much for a while after that. If you are trying to gauge numbers at anything other than that, you're doing it wrong.

t. Instructor

Also, I'm needing some more ammo now, I only have around 150 rounds of XM193 left and need to buy another 1000 rounds. Should I just wait for PSA to run a sale on their 1000 rounds + 10 mags again?

I grew up using hunting rifles and carefully handloaded ammunition so I'm usually pretty careful and take my time when I go shooting, can't break the habit. I don't usually do mag dumps or much rapid firing.

>"break in period".
yikes

>I only have around 150 rounds of XM193 left and need to buy another 1000 rounds.
I bet your barrel is either 1/7 or 1/8, too.

They used matching Aero lowers as well. The only reason I bothered with the boresnake is because I read some broscience forum posts about how cleaning the barrel out multiple times when putting the first rounds through the gun is supposed to help with the long term accuracy. It's probably 100% bullshit but I had the snake and figured why not.

Then go back to your bolt actions. Which, by the way, don't have a break in period either. That's a meme peop

1/7 shoots 55gr bullets just fine friendo. That's the lightest I'll be shooting out of the gun, probably look at picking up some 62gr or heavier bullets for hunting later on.

Don't listen to the tripfags. They get a little sensitive when someone actually goes shooting. It hurts their ego that there are people who don't exclusively sit inside and take pictures of their guns all day.

Did they buy complete rifles or did they build them using separate lowers and uppers? It sounds like your friends are dipshits and bought incompatible parts without realizing it.

:)

Attached: 379add11b342152e4ff805a639f8cefb.png (730x1029, 797K)

Sure, it will shoot out of the gun but it will throw your groups off.

Good to see established fact and physics challenged by an AR noob.

>Lasik
does this shit work?
what is the procedure success rate?

i just went outside and shot off one magazine, then walked back in

Attached: DSC_2506.jpg (1800x1200, 1.02M)

>using a 2 MOA red dot at 100 yards in full sunlight in a bench.
>Break in period
Bought your tickets to the KISS farewell tour?

They bought separate lowers and uppers but they're Aero Precision M5 lowers and Aero M5 fully assembled uppers.

Upper: aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-22-65-complete-upper-atlas-r-one

Lower: aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-stripped-lower-receiver-fde

They had a gunsmith who specializes in AR platform rifles put it all together. The guy has built 1000's of rifles and supposedly knows what he's doing.

Attached: D5FxxZFXoAAPDpa.png (590x367, 301K)

>that two foot long can

I just wanted to sight the damn gun in and don't have a 50 yard target to shoot at. Why would I sight in using something other than a bench? I wanted to know exactly where the gun was shooting minus any human error that I was able to mitigate. Now I know where it's shooting and can go kill some hogs with it.

>100% aero build
>cant get five rounds out without a failure

Attached: vVkoPPU.gif (250x250, 992K)

>That MSRP is almost $800 bruh
>Readily found for around $600

That doesn't mean diddly around here, son. Even ACOG's are shat on here from time to time. You will never gain the approval from the actual and legitimate autistic individuals that are drawn here since the concept of grey areas and gradience cannot be grasped by these Asperger's syndrome having motherfuckers.

It's either shit or the very best. No in-between. You also have a great a optic. Fuck the BA barrel though, get a DD or BCM CHF barrel. The price point is about 90 or so more but everything else you can drop your price point a bit to compensate. Barrels and BCG's should not be cheap'd out on.

>Why would I sight in using something other than a bench?
You are supposed to sight a rifle in the way you shoot it. That's why if you zero without kit, your zero will be off once you put it on.

yeah it's 7.62

When I'm hunting I'll shoot in multiple different ways though. Sometimes I'll be supporting the handguard on a fencepost or tree or windowsill in a stand, sometimes I'll shoot off of a knee, other times I'll shoot unsupported while standing.

I think you're missing the point. I'm starting to think you're a troll.

How would you have zeroed the optic then?

what a worthless samefagging cumstain. all you ever do is come here and knock people. you never add anything to the conversation but negativity and your recycled pictures of guns that probably arent even yours. what a pathetic existence.

Had it done 13 years ago. Works great. If you get it before your 30s you may have some bad eye shit creep in as you get older since your eyes aren't fully developed and lasers don't correct bad eye genes. My astigmatism has crept back in, albeit on a much less intense scale than before. My eyesight is still 20/20 or better outside of that. They'll do free touch ups but I don't feel like going through the process again for something minor. It's gotten much less expensive and more common since then even. Find a good/reputable doctor and organization and you should be good to go.

Attached: 35dw4f6w4f6w8f4.jpg (1508x1154, 511K)

I've never noticed any flash at dusk, though I haven't shot that rifle at night. Seems to work quite well.

It did however ping pretty badly, so I fixed that right away by grinding down two of the prongs to different heights a la SilencerCo, pic related.

Attached: trimmed tines.jpg (1200x1800, 350K)

this is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard...so many noguns / airshit fags here spreading misinformation its not even funny.

why the FUCK would you sight in a gun not on a rest... please kill yourself.

All I wanted was to see 14.5 builds with lvpos ; ;
I'm really considering the upgrade to BCM CHF but the profile i want is OOS on their site the other sites I looked at. I don't want DD barrel whip govt profile

While I agree that all tripfriends deserve and will eventually get the gas, they tend to do more shooting than your average shitposter from my observations.

Attached: 68ef4fg6e84g6e84gr68e4.jpg (1758x958, 613K)

You sure do like to complain!

dont listen to this complete waste of oxygen. youre doing the right thing. you sight in the gun in on a bench like a normal person. this know nothing retard has no idea what hes talking about. there is a reason they're on this page on a saturday afternoon and not out shooting or cleaning their guns. they dont own any and are probably under 18

>You sure do like to complain!
coming from the tripfag whos exisitance on this board is complaining, ridiculing others, making snide remarks, has nothing to show for himself.

ha ha
other qb

pOsT aR

>tripfag
>singular
Queerbait trip has become an avatar for whoever saved the password one of the 50 times it's been posted.

Attached: 1550634781336.png (407x275, 181K)

You don't really want to see it

what if i told you i'm the real one

fun fact, letsego has this upper now

Attached: DSC_9049.jpg (1500x1000, 667K)

I'd believe you and I'd also believe letsego has a trashcan gun.

Attached: 1485539921756.png (860x860, 288K)

unless he already flipped it
i told him i would only sell it for retarded cheap if he promised not to, but he's done that with whatever else i sold him

Attached: 00e8c7c6dcdf14830989704a4c9bca79.png (185x200, 13K)

Can't stop the nose.

Attached: fiscal responsibility.gif (280x158, 1.12M)

also why the fuck did you give away the ruse jackass
i was getting a kick out of every retarded newfaggot user that think's im samfagging

Attached: 1517876470853.png (1072x715, 934K)

Angry user knows its a ruse

Attached: 54225893_2367307283321726_1338261145999376384_n.png.jpg (500x499, 29K)

he knows now

Back and shorter than ever

Attached: E9233368-8941-4971-987D-0E6D108B9C53.jpg (4008x1536, 873K)

>does this shit work?
Yes
>what is the procedure success rate?
Look it up. Everyone I know who's had it done sees 20/20 now.

He/they have known all along. Queerbait clones are the one giving HIM (you)s.

Attached: 6ds5fg4ds6f8g48s68g4sg4dg.jpg (1124x960, 174K)

how much does it cost?

user likes to get bent out of shape

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-36-04-1.png (1440x1629, 1.33M)

Attached: birdy no.jpg (708x718, 193K)

>a supple tree is wise and bends with the winds and remains standing
>a stubborn faggot is broken on the rocks of justice

Attached: umaru clan.png (989x553, 847K)

You do bend over with little prodding

Because you don't shoot in a rest, you fucking mongoloid. Your sight picture will not be the same.

>How you can someone has zero actual firearms training whatsoever

>Your sight picture will not be the same.
Why not?

what the fuck

Attached: l65buC0.jpg (657x527, 38K)

Because your body position, head position, cheek weld, and grip will not be the same.
Also, supported is fine but locking your shit in a bench is not the right answer.

>Because your body position, head position, cheek weld, and grip will not be the same.
And this will affect the trajectory of the bullet how?

It affects how you see through the optic which is the part you are adjusting.

what the fuck

Exposed gas blocks and bayonets are cool

Eat me

Attached: GGG1297T.jpg (999x749, 23K)

Really? Is this that hard to comprehend?
There is a .mil diagram on what I'm talking about. Give me a minute to dig it up.

The SOCOM barrels are also good. I use it on my 14.5.

whats her name? source?

Im in VA beach, where you at scc?