What does it mean if an empty magazine audibly rattles when shaking it?

What does it mean if an empty magazine audibly rattles when shaking it?

One of my two magazines rattles pretty badly.

Attached: 10158398.jpg (880x1500, 131K)

nothing

it means something is moving around in it

did you try disassembling it genius? is there any visible difference between any of its parts and the one that doesn't rattle?

I wouldn't worry about it.

means nothing all mags will rattle at some point

I would also like to know this. One of my magazines rattles with rounds in it too.

Attached: 1368385242024.jpg (400x400, 12K)

>excessive battle rattle
you must have a Hollywood movie prop version

Attached: 1497990532057.gif (330x237, 1.91M)

>did you try disassembling it genius
I wouldnt know how to put it back together if i did. I know computers from bottom up but i dont know about guns for jack shit.

>not knowing how to use your tools
Watch a youtube video, friend. Magazines are easy. Mine rattles empty and full and I've already cleared it of any debris.

Disassemble but backwards, numbnuts

>can build highly advanced pieces of technology
>things that allow him access to information on millions of different things at speeds never seen before
>can't use them to save his life

Attached: smort.jpg (480x360, 48K)

Its just a spring in a little box of metal man you can do it, I believe in you. Do you not take apart your guns to clean them?

First time gun buyer/owner. I have no idea what im doing. Never fired a single round out of it yet.

Just watch a video on youtube of disassembly and practice a few times and youll be fine.

>know computers feomt bottom up
>cant google an instructional video
My god you are retarded

bet he makes more money than you tho

There’s like 3 fucking parts. You could quickly and easily train a chimp to do it.
Source: US military

The spring is probably sitting in a way that makes it slightly loose by the follower or floorplate or something.
Remedy: Ignore it, it means nothing.
If the mag gives you shit when you test it then consider taking it apart and putting it back together but this isn't even not a big deal, it's not a deal at all.

I'm dumb as a brick and I usually strip my mags to clean gunk out.

If I can do it, so can you.

Step 1) Dissassemble magazine
Step 2) find and fix problem with magazine
Step 3) dissassemble magazine BACKWARDS
Step 4) profit

Attached: 55AC5300-8478-4492-A14B-ACEB1CDB146B.jpg (328x329, 23K)

It's a box with a follower in it (essentially a solid shaped piece), where a spring sits underneath the follower, and exerts force towards it to make sure it's as far upwards as it can be.

The feed lips on top are part of the box body, and make sure the follower doesn't sproing out, but allows the bolt or slide to move the top-most cartridge from the magazine into the chamber.
If there's no cartridges, either the gun picks up and chambers nothing, or if it's designed for it (most pistols are) the follower trips a hold-open and the gun locks open.

There's some complex magazines out there, but most pistol magazines are pretty simple, and make up the magazine body, the follower, the driving spring (sometimes there's a little pad which the spring rests against), and the floor plate. Doesn't take a lot of fiddling to figure out what parts fit where.

Attached: magazine disassembly.jpg (220x486, 25K)

it means you're gay