Why does everyone parrot that .40 s&w is a "high pressure" round? it has the same SAAMI pressure limit as 9mm...

why does everyone parrot that .40 s&w is a "high pressure" round? it has the same SAAMI pressure limit as 9mm. in fact 9mm +p actually has a higher pressure limit than .40

Attached: 16142a30-dad0-4582-9fb9-4d1180e15bdf.jpg (976x682, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greent.com/40Page/ammo/40/180gr.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>extra pressure round has higher pressure that standard pressure of another round
Hold the presses.

>muh glocknade
.40 is still superior, the FBI moving to 9mm was a PC move so that women could get near equal pistol qualification scores.

It was for cost savings because in the grand scheme of things all modern pistol rounds are the same.

Objectively false.

.40 will always be superior

where did you save that picture from. just curious

.40 is for people that don't know how guns work. Ignorance is bliss :D

Anyone who buys .40 is unironically retarded. It's called .40 Short & Weak for a reason.

.40 is for people who aren't willing to compromise

I hear this parroted all the time, can some provide an actual source?

Only on capacity, price, comfort, and performance. Things that don't matter in the shooting world obviously.

>literally a compromise round
Fucking zoomers man

>.40 is for people who aren't willing to compromise
wat

Attached: 52953835_2072487476197967_5418448303973953683_n.jpg (240x300, 12K)

I wanted a host CZ for my Kadet adapter, and I picked up a .40 S&W CZ75 for a song. Feels good man.

Gonna see about building a .357 Sig slide for it eventually.

Tumblr. but apparently it's from a fashion show in kazakhstan

It's the truth.

It's not so much that the published spec is higher pressure, as it is that it's very easy to deviate from that published spec as compared to 9mm. The pressure curve and spike is also very different and more abrupt compared to 9mm - hence why people often complain that the .40 feels very "snappy" compared to the push of a .45 or a 9mm.

greent.com/40Page/ammo/40/180gr.htm

>the one on the right trying to not spill her spaghetts over the fact she took it off safe.

you're right. i find it fascinating

>modern 9mm is better now so we don't need .40!

This retarded argument should never get a pass from anyone.

Modern .40 is better, too.

Modern .40 and .45 JHPs do indeed have more expansion than 9mm JHPs, but the question is whether the extra ballistic performance is worth trading up 9mm's superior capacity, lower cost, reduced blast and recoil, and less wear on guns.

I think 9mm is a cartridge for most purposes; .45 really shines out of suppressors because the standard loads are all subsonic; 10mm is good for handgun hunting and defense against 4-legged adversaries. .40's only real appeal at this point is being able to get a $300 police trade-in Glock as a first gun.

Yet it is stronger than 9mm and .45

Wow so it looks like .40 will one day make a comeback once that tech that improved 9mm makes its way to .40.

What people don't realize is that .40 has more loads that perform to standard and with consistency than 9mm. Also a .40 will expand more transfer more energy and penetrate deeper than a 9mm loading of the same brand. Only for a small increase in price.

this is bait

9mm = .40 = .45acp
they're all slow weak rounds

None of the arguments against .40 make all that much sense.
>muh capacity
17 rounds vs. 15 rounds standard isn;t that much of a difference. Double stack mags have made capacity an irrelevant argument, we're not talking about 1911s here.
>muh 10mm
Most standard 10mm loads are .40 spec, also the guns are much more expensive. To get the most out of 10mm you need to reload or buy boutique ammo.
>muh price
FMJ target rounds are like $2.00 more per 50, and JHP are like the same price maybe slightly more.

I just don't get the hate. Sure .45 has subsonic, but for an open carry/home defense gun there's no reason to to choose 9mm over .40. (Unless you can only afford 1 gun.)

Well that's just a fucking lie

Objectively false.

10mm auto will always be superior

>40 short & weak
>Still doesn't shoot 357sig
Manlet...

.40 will never die

Real men shoot .40

Nice b8 you got there zoomer boi, what did you spawn peaked at the start of your Fortnite match so you now need to wait for your friends to win the game without you?

Attached: 7a2.jpg (960x540, 110K)

Its not though, 500 ft lbs without going +p

SAAMI is a safety guideline. The pressure limit that equals 9mm applies to the 180 grain loads, which are a holdover from the original 10mm police loads. When you drop to 165 grains or lower the overpressure potential is reduced, which is why popular hot defensive loads are 165 or lower. A low grain loading of a .40 is fairly powerful.

The real question is why 9mm users are reduced to autistic screeching whenever the see a gun chambered in .40

why are they dressed like jews ?