Questions that don't deserve their own thread - QTDDTOT

How do I remove this this shitty tapco brake and mount from this AK muzzle? Looks to me like it was press-fit on and used four set screws to hold it, but taking out the set screws doesn't make the mount looser. The brake threads off okay.

Attached: IMG_20190428_103553076.jpg (4160x3120, 2.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

at3tactical.com/blogs/news/9298047-carbine-mid-or-rifle-a-beginner-s-guide-to-ar15-gas-systems
amazon.com/Steiner-Optics-Tactical-Rifle-Scope/dp/B00LAF3QBE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=T5Xi 3-15x50&qid=1556510307&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1-catcorr
amazon.com/Nightforce-Optics-5-5-22x56-Riflescope-Illuminated/dp/B00784RRNY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2LAM9H32UIRF7&keywords=rifle scopes&qid=1556511685&refinements=p_72:1248957011,p_36:200000-&rnid=386589011&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=rifle scopes,sporting,144&sr=1-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blowtorch and pliers?

Get some channel lock pliers and a vise for the gun and don't limp wrist it

have you tried tapping it off with a wooden dowel.

Just convert that saiga and put a proper threaded fsb on.

What's the name of that WWII nazi song that begins with the sound of the wheels and caterpillar tracks of panzers, drums and soldiers marching?

Attached: 220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1979Anh.-001-10,_Panzer_IV,_Ausf._F-1.jpg (219x149, 12K)

Any idea where can I buy a repro of these large flags?

Attached: 1556377240218.jpg (620x387, 91K)

Looking to get a pair of jungle boots. Not looking to do any serious hiking, I just love the aesthetic and will wear them occasionally. What brand do you guys think is better, Altama (315506) or McRae(7189)? Or any other better brands making better quality panama sole boots?

Attached: McRae 7189.jpg (500x500, 27K)

>Boots for jungle
>Not vietcong's flip-flops

You had one job!

Attached: main-qimg-27eddfdd6f32f74a8dd0481e92f2fb94.jpg (602x452, 143K)

>implying i don't already have glorious tire flip flops

Does anyone have that Beslan school siege meme?

danner makes good shit

How much paperwork and waiting does it take to make a shotgun into an SBS? Been thinking about getting pic related and eventually getting it cut down for home defense.

Attached: I'm in Texas and have a squeaky clean record if that makes a difference.png (1440x1375, 638K)

>work a sporting goods store
>ammo comes in
>see new line of ammo we are now carrying

What is meme teir shit? I have never heard of Sythetic JHPs before. But 20 rounds for $11.50, what could be bad about it?

Attached: 20190428_101815.jpg (4032x1960, 2.3M)

Reminds me of the ammunition Air Marshals carry so they don't breach the cabin

Why shouldn't I buy at carbine length for ARs? I heard should go for pistol or rifle but not both.

Is it possible to purchase Norinco gun parts some how in the USA? If I wanted a Norinco upper, what legal and financial hoops do I need to jump through?

Carbine length "tend" to be harsher recoiling. However that over gassing can make it more reliable with shit ammo or dirty conditions. If you want carbine length systems for m4gery purposes, use a 14.5 barrel pinned to 16. That will reduce some of the felt recoil.

Federal's version of the RIP meme ammo. Separates into 3 pellets with a penetrator on impact.

is it lead or frangable?

Will this stuff shit on my Hakim?

Attached: 79E35D90-4846-4885-92B0-C1D221543B1A.jpg (3024x3024, 1.48M)

Dont forget the black pajamas

What gun is that poo holding?

Attached: MzuJWZDl.jpg (345x301, 18K)

Isn't that a flash hider?

Probably some Khyber Pass amalgamation of features in an indigenous design.

AR parts? I don't think so, all those are prohibited under the rest of the imports ban I believe.

You could in theory smuggle things from Canada, but I think you probably love your dog.

I need a pistol before Friday night how do I get one

what sights resemble a cigar the most

have you considered buying one at a gun store?

200 dollars, a form, and depending on wait times a few weeks or months. Your better question is "why am i getting an untested semi-auto shotgun that unless i buy brass shells can't keep loaded for too long, cutting it down and trying to tune it so it works reliably when I can just buy a maverick 88 with an 18.5 in barrel, slap on a light and a maybe something like a hand loop on the pump and be done?"

Good shooting gloves for AR?

Check out palladium

They used to make boots for the French foreign legion

Mechanix

They are a soldier favorite for a reason

Is it Turkish?

Wait if the brake threads off the mount, why not just put a not shitty brake in that mount? Removing something installed with a press by hand is a PITA.

They said I would have to wait ten days I can't wait that long.

stop living in a shithole country/state then

anyone have the gif of the kurdish dude shooting down a turkish helicopter with a SAM?

Attached: 1509917676244.jpg (750x937, 181K)

polymer 80

>foot parasites, in my toes?
It's more likely than you think.

>before friday night
If you can wait a day, Saturday night specials are fairly cheap.

So if Trump is pulling us out of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, what exactly does this mean for gun laws here? Any cool new stuff we can import? I don't quiet understand.

Attached: Trump UN Arms Treaty Withdrawl.jpg (2400x1350, 270K)

*Quite. I guess I don't quiet know how 2 spel.

Can any anons recommend me my first suppressor for an AR? Where do I begin looking?

Attached: 1508378612439.jpg (500x375, 19K)

These Russian 6B47 helmets are becoming increasingly available. But for about the price of Chinkshit “IIIA” ACH/MICH copies, are they actually good, or just airsoft-tier shit? Not sure I want to blow $250-$300 just to find out what a 9mm round will do to it.

Attached: 006332D0-AE30-4C51-BE54-380518EE8372.jpg (750x506, 116K)

nothing.

anything cool and foreign is already blocked by other sanctions and embargoes.

I live btn Ft. McClellan and Redstone Arsenal, small country-ass town. Shit hits the fan and I'm found physically unfit for service (shit lungs), but the front might come this way and they want me in the Volkssturm to slow them down and hope I kill one of them before they kill me.
What weapon is shoved into my hand with a week's training? What would be found if I somehow got into the armory before the war started?

What was the best flavor? I like chili mac. Guaranteed candy in that bitch

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-185124_Kik.jpg (1080x1156, 600K)

Fun things are fun. And my lynx 12 doesnt give me any issues on the lowest gas settings so I'm sure his will work with a shorter barrel. Most he'll need is a different gas tube adjust cap.

What does Jow Forums think of those KWA airsoft guns for training without having to point lethal weapons at shit but still want the realistic aspect? Anyone own on or use one?

What is the best self defense ammo for a .380?

Make sure you know how long the barrel is so that you remain compliant.

Sure, Lots of fags ,children and larpers own them all over!

What's so special about P80 Glocks?

Nothing

can a yugo mag fit on a non yugo ak? (specifically a wasr). i know bolt open probably won't work but fitting wise

Attached: Scout AK-47 Magazine, Yugo Pattern, 7.62 x 39, 30 Round, Black Finish, Steel SC30.jpg (400x250, 12K)

Say I have a novel idea for a gun that isn’t currently made, how does one go about pitching the idea to companies? I have zero engineering, drafting, nor machining training nor experience and the closest thing I have to even resembling industry contact is working in a national chain outdoors store’s gun dept. I’m worried that if I can manage by some miracle to an audience with a manufacturer, that they’ll just pass but jack my idea like what happened to Charles Kelsey when he pitched the Devel pistol to S&W. It’s all based on tech that’s now public domain, so it’s not like I can take out patents on this when I don’t have a completed prototype. How do I go about doing this and not have my concept stolen?
>Inb4 “what is it?”

Attached: 6E1599CD-25A9-476D-894B-1359F0CB52D1.jpg (1242x1494, 361K)

yes it will work fine
bho should also work

Ask a lawyer.

Nogunz retard here, friend took me to the range a while ago and I held onto a single 9mm as a souvenir. I keep it in a zipped pocket on my jacket sleeve. How long can I hold onto it before it becomes dangerous to fire?

Forever. It won’t ever be unsafe to fire.

Depends on the conditions you hold it in,

If it's in your sweaty pocket for three years it may be affected by heat / humidity. But if kept in a dry cool place it will pretty much last indefinitely.

Probably still safe to fire after humid conditions just may have different trajectory from other rounds since it's from a different batch company factory etc or even different grain and powder charge.

How do you guys get rid of guns? i mean i have this rifle that i dont shoot that much and it does not bring any special joy to shoot it, but for some reason i cant sell it, its just too hard because every gun i have has some kinda special bond, i would give it away if some relative got into shooting, but thats never gonna happen.

dremel relief cuts in whatever the fuck that is and tap it off with a punch

Never had this feeling user. What is it?

Who coined the term "bullpup" and why?

Get a circular holo sight, shatter the glass like an idiot, stick one in

Attached: bullpup.jpg (1500x1000, 198K)

Are budget optics really worth it or is it better to just spend the money and get an Aimpoint or Eotech?

I'm late to this, but basically the carbine gas system is suited to 14.5" barrels, not 16". It still works but it isn't optimal. Mid length gas systems exist that are perfect for 16" barrels, you should get that if you want a 16" barrel. Also, 5.56 performs very well out of a 20", so lots of people say the shorter lengths aren't worth it unless you're really getting the added maneuverability (and even concealability in a bag or something) of a 10.5" and using special loads for it.

You can search for information on what a mid length gas system is and why it exists, this page seems like a good rundown: at3tactical.com/blogs/news/9298047-carbine-mid-or-rifle-a-beginner-s-guide-to-ar15-gas-systems

Any mechanic's gloves, they don't have to be name brand, they're really all the same. Go check out Lowe's or Home Depot or whatever and get some for $10

M4 or M16, buy an AR and start practicing.

Attached: 1537712973522.jpg (685x480, 12K)

I've read that everywhere else but I get the feeling people are just repeating fuddlore in between the posts that were copied and pasted from sections of wikipedia that didn't explain the part I'm asking about.

Just kind of cropped up.

Where can I find cool MAK90 furniture

Dont shoot Turkish. Period.

>>how does one pitch to companies
1) file a provisional patent. this costs a couple hundred bucks and requires minimal paperwork. it buys you time.
2) meetings. if the idea takes off, you convert your provisional patent into a full patent. that requires a lawyer and money (in my experinece, between $10k and 20k).

>>I don't have a completed prototype
you don't need a prototype for patents. that requirement was dropped many decades ago. your idea doesn't even have to work for it to be patentable. It only has to be novel.

I assume the M14s are all being used as marksman weapons or were long sold to Taiwan &.c with their toolings, then.
Would an M16 from your average armory (besides having their bolts removed and held by the police station) be in good condition, or just enough to be usable by a militia thrown together to delay the enemy?

Spend the money unless it's a .22.

gay retarded toys for poor autistic kids
it'll never be dangerous, just unreliable if you keep it tucked into your fat rolls in the middle of a 100 degree summer with 100% humidity 24/7
depends on the optic in question, there's budget options that have been confirmed to be solid

I strongly, strongly doubt that they remove the bolts. If this is a functioning National Guard armory the weapons are good to go (to at least a fair degree), just like they'd be for an active duty arms room but likely with a slightly more esoteric selection. Some Guard units have weird shit. There is almost definitely an active duty MP unit at the very least on Redstone Arsenal, and they'll have the all the small arms you'd expect.

The answer is an AR pattern rifle in good condition. Full stop. Whatever your weird fantasy about it being like Stalingrad where you get Mosin but no ammo or 5 rounds but no rifle or whatever is, it's even more unrealistic than the United States being invaded.

And you know how you see pictures of Africans with old ass AKs that are worn and beat to shit but clearly still work? ARs are like that too, especially now. Most guns do wear down, but parts can easily be replaced and only a very few of them actually wear themselves into "just enough to be usable by a militia thrown together to delay the enemy" territory, like the old Remington Woodsmasters. 100 years from now there are still going to be PSA ARs floating around in various states, the way 100 year old guns are right now. It's weird to think about.

Attached: 1531256560719.jpg (1024x905, 186K)

I have a question. Why is my 2 inch snubby 357 consistently hitting low? It's a charter mag pug. I feel like I have to get a totally retarded sight picture with the front post sticking way up above the rear notch to hit with the 357. What's fucked is that it's not a problem with 38sp just point naturally and it hits right where I aimed.

Bought an 870 police and wanted to clean it. How do I get the pins out to remove the trigger assembly without damaging the gun or the pins?

Proper diameter punches.

Can I just get an awl from lowes and do it? I am not sure what the proper diameter punch should be,

You buy a set of punches and find the one with the closest diameter to the pin. Or just use some allen wrenches and lightly tap.

long range niggas, i beseech thee. i just got a bergara b14 hmr 24'' in 6.5cm. is the below scope a good choice?
Steiner Optics T-Series 3-15x50
amazon.com/Steiner-Optics-Tactical-Rifle-Scope/dp/B00LAF3QBE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=T5Xi 3-15x50&qid=1556510307&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1-catcorr
Or do i want more magnification?

that's probably not in the original song

are you talking about hell march? Thats from a video game dude.

AK shotguns can be tricky to tune when they get short. I was going to SBS one of my vepr 12s, but apparently there is a lot more work that must be done to get it to reliably cycle once the barrel gets below like 12 inches.

You need to fill out an ATF form 1, which can be done online. It costs $200. You'll need to mail in fingerprints and notify your local CLEO. My last stamp I submitted mid March took 15 days. I've got two I submitted this month. One on the 11th, one on the 16th. Neither have been approved yet, but the one on the 11th was a DIY suppressor and it sat in a "pending research" state for several days before going to pending, so IDK how long exactly it's been pending.

Decide what is most important to you. Weight? Suppression? Size? How do you want it to mount? You could do a direct thread, one that mounts onto a special $100 muzzle brake, or there are a few that mount directly to an A2 flash hider. Do you want a 5.56 can, or a larger .30 cal can so you can use it on more guns?

Depends on what your definition of "budget" is. The Primary Arms and Holosun dots are really reliable, cheap, and rugged. I've personally abused the shit out of a 1st gen Primary Arms micro dot with no degradation. However, buying that $30 dot off of Amazon is only going to bite you in the ass.
Personally, for my "fun" guns, I use PA/Holosun dots, but on my one grab and go SHTF rifle, I have an Aimpoint. I honestly don't think the Aimpoint Micro will be any more or less reliable than a PA or Holosun dot, but I figure the money is worth the peace of mind for my one real purpose gun.

amazon.com/Nightforce-Optics-5-5-22x56-Riflescope-Illuminated/dp/B00784RRNY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2LAM9H32UIRF7&keywords=rifle scopes&qid=1556511685&refinements=p_72:1248957011,p_36:200000-&rnid=386589011&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=rifle scopes,sporting,144&sr=1-3
how bout this

You're most likely flinching and pushing the gun down as you fire. The next time you shoot, put a snap cap in a chamber, or just leave a chamber empty, but don't keep track of which chamber it is. That will let you know if you're flinching or not.

If you're not flinching, try different types of ammo. I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong and an idiot, but in my experience, little tiny snub noses like that can be very ammo sensitive.

what is the best fixed blade knife for innawoods and less than $200 ?

Something made by Ontario, or anything that is made of 1095 steel, and isn't fuckhuge. Paying more than $75 for a fixed blade means you're paying for the meme.

Most importantly though, don't fall for "do it all knife" trap. A knife isn't a machete, and it definitely isn't an axe. If you try to force a knife into those roles, you're going to have a bad time, and you would have been better off using the correct tool for the job from the beginning.

Let me amend what I said slightly, up to $100 isn't bad. Becker and KaBar make pretty decent fixed blades as well. I would recommend against going over 5" for a blade. Big fuck you knives look cool, but they're not terribly practical.

get an ontario or phrobis m9 bayonet

Attached: m9 phrobis fuller.jpg (669x859, 92K)

will the follower or bolt get unusable damage in any way though?

I am putting together my first ar 15 and I have almost everything but I have no idea what handguard to get
Thoughts?

I have an SLR Rifleworks handguard that I like a lot. It has a built in QD swivel socket, it's fairly light weight, and is well built. They're customer service is also great. I fucked up installing mine because I had a shitty harbor freight torque wrench, and they sent me out a replacement barrel nut for free, no questions asked.

bcm mcmr
aero atlas

>shotgun shells deform when loaded in a magazine meme
lol

Panzerkampf from Sabaton? It's not nazi or from WWII tho

Have you tried turning it the other way?
I know it sounds like im being a smart ass but most muzzle brakes are reverse threads.