AR Thread - /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Eternallu Just as Good Edition

mOld:

Attached: 65e4rg6e8r4g68e4g68er4g.jpg (2319x1392, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bcidefense.com/lower-receivers/stripped-lower-receivers/stripped-lower-reciever
brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx
classicfirearms.com/colt-ar15-no-furniture-556mm-rifle-matte-le6920oem1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3000A.D.-981
>he doesn’t have an adjustable zoom magnifier

Attached: BB607F4D-5EDB-4295-9440-87C9CDF87B3A.jpg (3798x1536, 1.41M)

Attached: 20190315_144053.jpg (2052x3520, 2.92M)

Post all known Bufferonis

what does /arg/ think of my pistol

Attached: Sendra Pistol.jpg (4054x2291, 1.84M)

Its ugly

yeah more or less

Does it have a giggleswitch?

nope

The gap

Attached: handguard fit.jpg (1004x1504, 573K)

What is this and why does it fit on an AR lower?

I dunno, still trying to figure it out.

I was gifted an upper with a 16" heavy barrel of good manufacture. What should I build it into?
Budget-but-not-shit parts prefered.

I was thinking of getting one of the discounted ALG rails, dremeling off the A2 front sight and bayonet lug, and then getting a cheap Leupold 1.5-5 scope and a basic lower setup as a sort of short/mid range budget build that would be serviceable.
I should also mention that I already have a high-end 14.5 built for short range

Seems pretty interesting, mind showing us the guts?

Then it's shit and you should feel bad for building it, senpai. You had a plethora of options for a PCC or pistol build but instead you welded a box onto a lower and then welded the magwell shut. It's pants-on-head retarded.

Unless you built and welded that upper all by yourself, in which case it's kinda neat. Still ugly tho.

lol, I didn't build it. It came out of Sendra's factory this way in the late 80's and I picked it up for $430 shipped. Take a look at the pics of the lower receiver again.
I haven't gotten around to taking the bolt out yet because I'm not entirely sure how the upper disassembles

>Sendra Corp.
Now that's some neat shit.

Attached: AR_04-17-2019_B.jpg (900x1200, 1.25M)

fix that

thanks, it's actually my second Sendra reciever
that'd be cool, the thing really looks like it's meant for it

Attached: IMG_20190208_201431.jpg (3840x2160, 3.56M)

Midget optics not allowed in ar thread general.

>saggy selector

yeah i should get a new one. That's from an Armalite LPK.

I remember that anodizing.

Attached: IMG_1380.jpg (1200x800, 518K)

Post ar

Finally a nice OP, even if they are poorfag state armorys, if they were FN or Colt this would be a 10/10.

but I respect you and your patrician taste for M16s and M4s

Can someone recommend a good stripped lower receiver for 200 or less? People say aero, but idk if I should got with the M4E1, the AR gen 2, or the ambi.

the ambi

>Dremeling off the a2 front sight
Have a fixed front sight is actually awesome for red dots, but sounds like that isn't your plan

Attached: 20190425_010252.jpg (4032x2268, 3.26M)

I've been thinking about getting a mini acog, you like it?

How hard is building an upper? Alternatively, convince me a 10.3 barrel is JUST AS GOOD as a 12.5 for unsuppressed usage.

Acog tier clarity
Eh FOV on minicog

Attached: 709FC920-D4B6-4484-BF30-A29B392579BB.jpg (3434x1500, 1.14M)

No
12.5 is awkward though. Just do 11.5 or 14.5 for all the gainz

>How hard is building an upper?
There are YouTube videos that will easily walk you through it, but you'll need to invest in a lot of tools

And 12.5 is probably the best barrel length for unsuppressed. It's good for suppressed too. I would not recommend going any shorter.

There's exactly one hard part with building a typical upper - attaching barrel to upper receiver with the barrel nut. For this you need bench with vice, upper block, a wrench that fits the barrel nut with square drive, and a torque wrench that will drive it.

>you like it?
So far yes. It works well with my astigmatism even without my corrective lenses on, and the etched reticle can't wash out when using the light in darkness.

Attached: IMG_6815.jpg (1600x1200, 828K)

10.3 has marginal performance, no point unless you're shooting suppressed. Go 11.5 or 12.5.

If you're adding an inch on 11.5, you may as well add another 1.25" and pin a 2.75 muzzle device and avoid the whole pistol/sbr silliness

How much magnification does babbycog?

1.5x; hardly even noticeable.

Attached: IMG_1194.jpg (1200x800, 845K)

>than finish
Looks like my old M16.

Attached: 1554152414252.gif (226x224, 182K)

Based rail and astigmatism, right there with you

>That serial

Attached: M.J. Fox takes a selfie.png (832x832, 453K)

This will be my first and only post on this shitty General I just wanted y’all to know I’m finally into AR

Attached: 4EF92A22-C4F2-4389-89F5-130ADD0CBC63.jpg (1200x678, 69K)

Is there any manufacturer who makes AR lowers to the M16 spec cuts minus the auto sear hole?

No.

Which one is a better buy? (1)

Attached: 457417C7-1E78-41DF-AB9C-8EB593945BCE.jpg (478x1177, 207K)

(2)

Both 900 dollars

Attached: 321C386E-0E58-430C-A54D-B7245072229A.jpg (750x1247, 263K)

they're both ghey. question is whether you want a front sight& carbine length or railz & midlength

Only one poormetto shit armory, other is an ancient bushmaster. Very fun to beat up steel with.

Attached: 65ef4g6er84g6e8rg4a6sdf8g4.jpg (2273x1700, 1.63M)

Do the top one with a milspec charging handle and a Toolcraft BCG to save yourself like $100

Get a BCM upper with an Aero lower.
Fuck milspec charging handles, get a radian raptor

True, he can get a radian and save like $50 instead.

Are BCM uppers that much better? The thing is Im having a hard time actually beating that 902.00 dollar price tag from big daddy unlimited. Gun retails for 1202.00

If i wanted to save money i would just build a psa. Im not looking to flex on poors just respectable quality.

laffed hard thanks user

Spikes

$100 charging handles are true autism

Doesn't it have a different shelf

>are bcm uppers that much better
Depends on what you want. BCM has a CHF barrel that will theoretically be more durable. In my experience Aero's barrels are more accurate however. And I haven't worn either out and you won't find anyone posting accurate sources for how quickly CHF vs nitride barrels wear anyway. Both are very reliable.

So like, maybe. I'll say instead of going for aero's m4e1 enhanced, get a m4e1 threaded upper with an Atlas R one rail instead. It doesn't have any of the proprietary attatchment nonsense going on with the m4e1 enhanced. Meaning you can change your handguard in the future if you want.

As for that BCM you have posted, avoid. BCM lowers can have issues with gen 3 pmags. The handguard is trash and you're basically gonna throw it away. It's not freefloated. You might as well just buy an M&P sport instead.
Toolcraft bolt is literally the same as a BCM bolt. I'm 99% sure they make BCMs bolts. He's 100% right in going for a toolcraft bolt.
Buy it on sale, don't be a cuck. They're on sale like literally every other week.

Thanks. someone posted a gen 3 p mag in response to a bcm post. Didnt know what they meant

Difference between toolcraft and bcm bolt is similar to difference between g2s and ssa.

Spikes has a low shelf which is only good for RDIAS.

BCI though machines their lowers to M16 spec except the auto sear hole.

bcidefense.com/lower-receivers/stripped-lower-receivers/stripped-lower-reciever

Two questions: -Do you feel it's noticeably slower to acquire the sight with both eyes open than a 1x optic?
-If mounted at the right height, would it be possible to co-witness iron sights through a 1.5x prism? I ask because I have a 1x prism (PA Cyclops) and I can co-witness with it, although I'm not sure why I ever would, since it has an etched reticle.

r8/10

Attached: IMG_0443.jpg (4032x1852, 1.3M)

Not a fan of the stock, but that's just personal preference. Other than that, I like that gun, alot.
8/10 as it is.
9/10 with a different stock and A2 grip.

>$900 for a melonite rifle with free float handguard (need to buy f&r sights, +$100-200)
>$900 for a chrome-lined barrel rifle with drop-in handguard (need to buy rear sight, +$50-100)
Holy shit, nigger, what are you doing? You can literally get two of each type of rifle for those prices from Palmetto, and they are twice as good, so you're getting four times the value. You can even do better than that and get yourself a rifle with chrome-lined, CHF barrel made by FN with free float handguard. After you add a set of sights, you'd be looking at right around $600, and it would be a better rifle than either of the ones you're looking at.

Then why's your budget $900?
There's a difference between cheaping out and spending your money where it counts. You can also waste a ton of money buying stupid parts too.

When you get a salty $100 charging handle from sempai.

Attached: 1552374136906.jpg (640x480, 40K)

My budget isn't 900, I was asking which is a better buy.

L-lewd

brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/oem-mid-length-16-rifle-prod81838.aspx
Aero undercuts their own products. Add in an Atlas R-One handguard, a Fagpul buttstock and MBUS sights and you'll be pushing $725 for a complete Aero rifle.

classicfirearms.com/colt-ar15-no-furniture-556mm-rifle-matte-le6920oem1/
Same deal here. Add in a mil-spec handguard and buttstock and an MBUS rear sight and you're around $800 ($150 less than the BCM when you account for the fact that you need to buy a rear sight).

Both of those are BAD BUYS. DO NOT BUY.

the meme store

Just about everything and anything. I know nothing about ARs or AKs or anything really and I'm looking into my options as to better decide whether I should get an AR or an AK. Not new to shooting, but I've just never been interested until now in much besides what i own. I'm not planning to get more than one semi-auto rifle as I find shooting single shots a lot more relaxing and fun so I don't mind spending what I consider to be a fair amount on it, though I recognize 800-1400 isn't much to a lot of people here.

Then I'm telling you when you're making a bad buy. I know maybe it sounded like I was telling you to buy "justasgood" but Toolcraft is an OEM supplier for tons of manufacturers, the $130 bolt you listed is either literally, LITERALLY the same as an $80 Toolcraft bolt, or it's worse. Do not spend the extra $50 for the same thing, put that into another part in the rifle. I said milspec ch because it's better than that meme noname ch you posted but if you want an ambi handle get a Radian.

Attached: 20190427_172856.jpg (720x925, 398K)

>the $130 bolt you listed is either literally, LITERALLY the same as an $80 Toolcraft bolt, or it's worse.
>is either X or Y
>not "might be"
>is
This is why people don't take you seriously. You don't know. You admit you don't know. But you make assertions as if you knew.

Thanks.

>Two questions: -Do you feel it's noticeably slower to acquire the sight with both eyes open than a 1x optic?
Yes. I haven't had it for long and I believe the issue will diminish with practice.
>-If mounted at the right height, would it be possible to co-witness iron sights through a 1.5x prism?
With the MI mount I have the irons are lower 1/3. Front sight folded is just barely out of FOV.

Attached: IMG_1188.jpg (1000x1500, 658K)

Forgot to mention my goals with the rifle. I'm not one to care about sub moa accuracy or anything, I don't really shoot beyond 100-200 yards. I plan to hunt with it as 5.56 loads have really gone a long way these days, and I plan to plink with it. I particularly care about a really light and good trigger with little slop. Ignoring that, smoothness of the action and overall durability is enough. I don't plan to leave the finish perfect for long as I don't treat my rifles as well as I should so fit and finish isn't of the highest concern, but that being said a light trigger and smooth action are generally the domain of more expensive options. It's just a general purpose rifle with no real specialty.

the "best" bolts on the market are probably the coated ones by cryptic coatings. they openly admit that they buy their bolts and carriers from toolcraft to coat since they couldn't do it better.

Thanks. I think I'll stick with my Cyclops. People shit-talk Primary Arms, but I don't see a whole lot of competition to the Cyclops in a fixed power 1x prismatic optic.

>But you make assertions as if you knew.
What we do know is toolcraft is making bolts for practically everyone, is a milspec bolt used by the military, and half the people shipping rifles with bolts in them are using toolcraft bolts, no matter what the logo on the side says. We don't know, because go call Aero or BCM and ask who actually makes their bolts. They won't tell you.

What we do know is it doesn't make a difference. A milspec AR15 bolt is a milspec AR15 bolt. Go be a retard somewhere else.

people only shit talk primary arms if they have money for super high end glass. Don't get me wrong Night Force blows them out of the water and now that I'm able to afford their shit I wouldn't go back, but the PA optics do a great job for their pricepoint and its certainly better than some shitty amazon red dot.

I'm not sure about their bolts, but Aero is a bit of a different case, they claim to produce many of their parts 100% in house, including their forged receivers (which is why they make custom forgings and forged 308s).

Aero receivers are definitely great, no one is denying that. They could be making their bcg in house and I'm sure they would be fine but it would make sense for them to be ordering toolcraft as it would be cheaper to do so, economies of scale and all that.

you know a 1x optic is zero magnification right.

>smoothness of the action
ARs generally don't feel very smooth when you work the action, because they work by compressing a bigass spring. Shooting is a different story, but enjoy the sprong because meme buffer springs are memes. I've felt AKs that felt smoother. If you want a gun that feels autistically buttery to play with, check out a CZ Bren 2. I nearly bought one on the spot because the action was so fucking smooth. I almost regret it, but it was a pistol and I really don't need more of those.
>good trigger
almost every AR trigger is good. Buy whatever rifle you want and put a Geissele or MBT in it for the best trigger.

>you should go out of your way to make sure you are buying toolcraft
>
>it doesn't make a difference, though
But *I'm* the retard here. OK, kid.

>A. We manufacture most parts in house, including upper receivers, lower receivers, handguards, scope mounts, and various other pieces. Our barrels are manufactured at our partner company Ballistic Advantage.

So I guess they probably don't make their bolts.

Yes, exactly. You should go out of your way to get the same exact product cheaper. This is why Jews own you, goyim are so eager to waste money.

I see that toolcraft makes a milspec M16 BCG with diamond like carbon coating. This is pretty tempting.

The other two BCGs I'm looking at are the sharps in DLC or the POF in np3.

Can anyone comment on whether the reliabolt is legit or not?

If youre gonna get that CH then may aswell get the cheaper radian that everyone says is good. Same with the bolt carrier group by toolcraft. I got both of those and do not regret it. Also I got a atlas r one threaded upper on aero because it can work with other hand guards and it came with free irons, but if I could go on PSA (which I cant, since I live in IL) I would 100% get a CHF Chrome Lined FN barrel upper from them. I have no clue why you would not get that, it is an amazing deal for amazing quality.

What did I say that made you feel you had to make that comment?

yeah but there's nothing wrong with that. Toolcraft bolts are great, even the gucci coated bolt companies use toolcraft bolts as their base.

bolt coatings are a meme

> I would 100% get a CHF Chrome Lined FN barrel upper from them. I have no clue why you would not get that, it is an amazing deal for amazing quality.
Man says about product he does not own, and has no experience with

Early Ash clone

Yes, because one needs to PERSONALLY handle an FN CHF barrel to say it's good quality... You're a special kind of stupid

Having shot plenty of guns made by FN and Colt, I'd take what the civilian market offers instead. It's better.

No one was going out of their way to buy FN parts until PSA started selling them, just consider that.