Anyone else like WWII jets?

Anyone else like WWII jets?

Attached: Shot-2014.07.01-18.48.04.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,264.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nB9QMQI-ZRM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, I blame Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII

Attached: Messerschmitt_Me_262_Schwable.jpg (1800x1172, 219K)

funny how this is in it even though it first flew in 1948

Attached: goblin.jpg (1200x686, 162K)

Buy il2 1946 op, you'll love it

you should get this if you have it

new planes are being added all the time

forgot link sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,264.0.html

I'm too dumb to play flight sims.

Nice copy Hanz

Why does Germany keep stealing American tech and intellectual property and cant ever come up with something on their own?

Attached: 1200px-Kikka_Orange_Blossom_Kikka-10.jpg (1200x599, 232K)

but its better than shit thunder

how can you not love something that looks like a flying shark

Attached: 894582.jpg (1500x1019, 638K)

How come that wasn't in "The Great Kotobuki"?

Attached: Question.jpg (250x246, 7K)

J7W is more iconic, I think.

Jow Forums...could wings be added to a blimp?

Attached: 1700.png (467x709, 328K)

Because the Goblin is goofy, the P-80 isn't. Same reason why the Nater and Ho229 are in it and not the Me-262.

I'm sure they could but the main problem is that a blimp is a blimp because it's designed to be slow. Adding wings and making it go fast would mean smaller "blimp" body and reinforcing which would basically turn it into a big ugly plane. Congrats.

Sorry user, idea of super huge planes is fascinating.

Attached: 1705.png (465x709, 672K)

That isn't a blimp. It's an even larger version of the ME-323.

Attached: cf16c8776ae3964735125b89c31ac557.jpg (800x615, 95K)

Cool, so it was based off a real aircraft. Ok, how about this?

Attached: 1706.png (469x711, 518K)

>Yes

Attached: Horten Brothers.jpg (1024x684, 106K)

Attached: 1699.png (467x715, 271K)

i feel like Jack Northrop and the Horten brothers would have gotten along in a different world.

That's not really a high bar to pass.

>too dumb to play flight sims
IL-2 games let you toggle individual realism features so you can have arcade-y fun anytime.

>*engines burst into flames semi randomly*

I'm dumber than a box of rocks but can effectively fly the F-14 in DCS, which is far more complex than anything IL-2 offers.

what kind of retard post is this, heres your (you)

Looks like a weird Tu-160 mixed with XB-0 from Ace Combat 0.

Attached: a6kKuxY.jpg (1500x1000, 820K)

Attached: hresvelgr_1280x1024.jpg (1280x1024, 1.5M)

Obviously not on a modern refurb/repro that doesn't have somalia-tier build quality and materials.

Reminder that the P-80 was more advanced than the 262 and 229 combined

Attached: 262 wankers btfo.jpg (1080x2125, 485K)

Attached: 262 wankers btfo 2.jpg (934x2122, 556K)

Then the Mig-15 appeared

yes, and it was an indigenous soviet design with some allied tech

British tech to be specific

P-80:
-saw no miltary service in ww2
-killed its test pilots faster than the me163 Komet
-got her shit pushed back in by Mig-15...a literal Fagot and another direct copy of a superior german designs

Another paper tiger like the Gloster Meteor that butthurt alliedboos try to push for tiny dick reasons.

Attached: Download.jpg (284x177, 8K)

>MiG-15
>direct copy of a superior german designs
Prove it without going the "Fagot kind of looks like the Hückebein" route.

look up the mig 15 wikipedia page,
when i´m, citing smth i get payed 200,- an hour,
but mot on this mongolian goat cheese board.

a later design has more in common with even later designs than an earlier design
baka desu senpai

> Quality of that repro was so good and faithful to the original design that the company that used to be Messerschmitt gave their accord to give it a serial number that continued the Me 262 line

Dayum

Sure do. It took a hell of a long time to beat Sturmgeist, but it was worth it just to jack his ride and take it for a spin.

Attached: JPasaPilot.png (321x480, 154K)

2nd gen > all

Attached: draken-08.jpg (800x577, 165K)

War Thunder sucks so much these days.

Me-323 along with the Ju-88 are my two favorite WWII aircraft. Regarding WWII fighters, it would have to be the Ar-234.

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (1024x734, 144K)

see
The first bullet there is kind of the important one. Your plane means dickall if it doesn't actually see combat.
The P-80 was outdated before it ever saw an opponent and got it's shit pushed in.

Let's also go back to the fact that anything the Americans developed was made in relative peace with zero threat of attack and therefore could be well tested without being shot down.

>these days
It was always liquid shit

I don't know, early days thrust vectoring I-15s vs helicopter Ki-10-IIs was pretty fun in realistic.
As long as you didn't take it seriously that is.

Attached: kawanishi_kx_03_hughes_hercules_comparison_by_scooternjng-d86d0ky.png (3560x2500, 257K)

Attached: thingomajig_0.jpg (966x595, 107K)

>Let's also go back to the fact that anything the Americans developed was made in relative peace with zero threat of attack and therefore could be well tested without being shot down.

To be honest you could develop, build, and fly prototypes under some pretty rough conditions. It didn't stop the Brits.

>the nose of the aircraft also shows ancestral similarty to future fighters
>doesnt even specify how
>shows convenient top view
>avoids to show full shape that doesnt match next gen designs any more than the Me262 at all
that desperate grasping
>depiced designs didnt even exist while the Me262 was already flying
>looks how its closer these design are to its predecessors than its own ancestor is! its the true predecessor!
that seething Ameriboo cope

This

Attached: D5MV2eQW0AIAIQp.jpg (1200x900, 87K)

The P-80 is sexy. Pretty short time of being a capable fighter, given how fast jets developed in just a few years, but for the US Army and Air Force's first attempt it was good.
Maybe if WW2 went on for a bit longer then we could have seen these going against Me-262s.

Attached: P-80 out cockpit.jpg (1486x958, 135K)

Based user

Attached: 414.jpg (1280x693, 379K)

Me-323 is the size of 2 and a half Ju-52's

:^)

Attached: 0uJto9q.jpg (640x415, 44K)

Only if you're a retard that maxes out the throttle a third the way down the runway. The engine quality was shit yes, but you could make them work within their short lifespan by following correct procedures.

also they didn't really burst into flames - the turbine blades got to hot and shattered. The Jumo 004A also didn't have this problem and ran for more than a hundred hours at max throttle on test stands. The Jumo 004 B was redesigned to make the engine work without high nickel alloys which drastically reduced its lifespan

MUST THESE ENGLISHMEN LIVE THAT I MIGHT DIE

Attached: boc.jpg (1080x720, 109K)

>The Jumo 004A also didn't have this problem and ran for more than a hundred hours at max throttle on test stands.

These tests can be misleading. I believe in practical use an experienced pilot could keep an engine in service ~20hrs or so before overhaul.

the 004A didn't see much practical use, it was the 004B that was used on pretty much every 262 and saw, at best, a day of lifetime

As long as Jack wasn't the jealous / envious type, probably.
If he was then he'd probably hate the Horten brothers for figuring out flying wing yaw stability before he did.
>if only Ho-229 was a single engine in the tail, the prototype and test pilot would have survived, and some might have been built in time for combat duty.

>British engine shoehorned into a Kurt Tank design assembled by MiG beat an “advanced” American jet
lol

Left can't meme holy shit

>the seething alliedboos are here
Back to ww2 jets

Attached: IMG_4655.jpg (640x872, 53K)

Your post screams insecurity.

Imagine where the U.S.A. would be today without looting and stealing the larger bulk of Europes civil and military technology, designs, patents and ideas during and after WW2 and literally kidnapping people "by their own will and free of threats against family and cooercion :^)" to hand over their intellectual property. Taking sometime years to grasp and replicate what they are even looking at.

And now they are screeching about "their" wing designs, rockets and jet engines being stolen like they came up with it in first place.

Ahem.

The jet engine type the P-80 and the early British jets used (centrifugal compressors) has fallen out of use in favor of the German design based on the Jumo 004 (axial compressors).

Nazi super science wins yet again.

Ta 183

The only nation to use German based axial flow designs was the French because they refused to buy British, and even then it took 3 years for them to get it to work right. The J30/J34 and J35 were more successful and better designs than either of the main Kraut turbines. Also you forgot that the L-1000 exists, which not only was an earlier axial flow design and produced more thrust than a 004 and 003 combined.
Neither can the right, dipshit.
>n-no you're seething!
Adorable
P-80 was in Italy in 1945 before the war was over in Europe and it flew recon missions.
>killed test pilots faster than the Me 163
Proofs?
>got her shit pushed in by the MiG-15
Well no shit, one is a straight wing aircraft designed in the mid 1940s and the other is designed postwar.
>MiG-15 is copy of superior German designs
Lolno it's not. The wing design may have been based on some German data, but it's not a clone.

Attached: LockheedL-1000.jpg (1200x701, 798K)

>P-80 was in Italy in 1945 before the war was over in Europe and it flew recon missions.
so it saw less action than the aerodynamic test airframe for that weird german coal triangle because at least that one was shot at

Imagine being this idiotic. JUST

Attached: tenor (1).gif (350x232, 461K)

This?

Attached: 1701.png (473x711, 759K)

This?

Attached: 1697.png (465x711, 731K)

>that asspull of pilpul when unable to refute hard facts destroying a retarded narrative
>that butthurt
>that projection
>never drops a source, screeches for proofs
>dodges when bullshit getting called out
>it doesnt count when my later model gets beaten by another later model
>denial
>can't even go straight with denial
The jealous nose shows

>in favor of the German design based on the Jumo 004 (axial compressors).

The US had two different axial compression engines at that time.

>everyone who proves me wrong is j00

Attached: (you).jpg (600x565, 148K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nB9QMQI-ZRM

Attached: IMG_4718.png (380x554, 119K)

I find it funny that people who hate Jews so much can't stop thinking of them. Congrats on giving them exactly what they want: rent-free living space in that empty fucking skull of yours

>Only look after each other and the interests of their homeland regardless of what ever nation they reside in.
>They encourage our country to destabilize middle eastern nations with military intervention that surround Israel >They get 38 billion dollars of our tax payer money every year and we get jack shit in return.
>We can fund their wall but we can't fund ours. More of congress's fault but israel bought and paid for those politicians anyway
>They spy on our people and pay off our politicians
What's not to hate man?

P59 Airacomet is the one I enjoy the most

Attached: Bell_P-59B_Airacomet_at_the_National_Museum_of_the_United_States_Air_Force.jpg (1800x1126, 169K)