Red dots on pistols get dirty as fuck and then are useless

What the shit, Jow Forums, why the fuck didn't you tell me that RMRs are a meme?

My RMR on my FNX 45 gets fucking dirty two mags deep with residue and debris specs, enough to where I can't fucking see clearly. Happens with or without a suppressor, happens even with S&B ammo that's supposed to be clean-shooting, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this shit?

Attached: fnx.jpg (1024x809, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/2018/09/06/ussocom-selects-trijicon-rmr-type-2-for-its-handguns/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

News flash
All ammo is dirty
Clean ammo is a myth
Ammo that is dirtier while other ammo is cleaner is a myth.
Clean your shit and stop bitching like a baby.

Attached: 01325C18-CB49-4681-9B47-DBBFB32D29C4.jpg (529x345, 11K)

Take it off and stop looking like an idiot.

Clean it every two mags? A sight is useless if it needs to be cleaned that often

>happens even with S&B ammo that's supposed to be clean-shooting

Where did you hear this? As someone who reloads his own ammo, my experiences with S&B is that it seems to be of markedly low quality. On some lots, the primer pockets are slightly off-center; on other lots, the primer pockets are undersized. The only other headstamp that has as many problems as S&B is Blazer Brass, which cracks case necks faster than late-war World War II German tank steel getting hit by shells. To put this into perspective, even Winchester is probably better than S&B. The only serious problem I've ever had with Winchester cases was one where the case head was machined way out of spec (too thick). I would recommend trying another brand and seeing if you're still having problems.

this.
This is why you clean and inspect your shit.
Clean your shit, make the hit.

Who gives a fuck? Just think about all the ig clout.

This is nonsense. If a sight has to be cleaned after 30 rounds, it's a useless sight. Why, then, are red dots on pistols getting so popular?

I have around 700 rounds of tulammo 9mm through my rmr'd glock 19 and the window is still perfectly clear without any cleaning

> 30 rounds and window is covered
How? Pistol lights don't even get that dirty.

You now have an avenue to understanding why dudes with a bunch of tactical shit all over their gun, who also handle this so called "high speed" firearm like it's their newborn child, are looked at through the peripheral by pl people who actually shoot and use their guns.

Jow Forumsgundeals has a hardon for S&B for sure

it's not "covered" but there are so many specs of dust/crap/debris, also a general fog from residue. it's bad enough to where you can't make precision shots anymore

Vihtavuori powder and a suppressor.

Let socom know how dumb they are
militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/2018/09/06/ussocom-selects-trijicon-rmr-type-2-for-its-handguns/

It’s filthy

Attached: 486B0F46-1B35-4487-A2F2-10EC44CBC50E.gif (256x256, 81K)

literally how

Something's up then. That shouldn't happen in 30 rounds, let alone 5 boxes worth. Time to see how that Trijicon warranty is.

I dont know what to tell you man. Are you sure its not some issue with your particular gun or the fnx45 in general?

nervously following this. I have an RMR and a 45 suppressor and an FNX45T on order

>zoomer needs a red dot on a handgun

Boomer here. I want one for my aging eyes. I just can't be assed to mill a slide or buy a new gun for one.

how could this be the optic's fault?

>I want one for my aging eyes
You should get laser eye therapy instead.

Carry a fucking pencil on you when you shoot it, then rub the window down with the eraser. Gets rid of carbon residue, use it for my TLR-7 and HL-2 lights. Works like a charm.
Also, having read the thread, you're a fucking idiot somehow but I don't know what you've done either.

That is all.

Because I've never heard of anyone else's RMR going foggy after 2 magazines. It's either your optic in particular, or you're gun is so fucked you might as well sell the optic now and stick with irons.

No one actually shoots guns anymore. We just hoard them and dry fire.

I'm over 40, and fuck monotherapy, dude.

Just get better glasses.

Obviously they aren't to worried about the optic getting a little dirty.

> reading a post, responding to a post
> missing the entire point of the post

Attached: 1554413586885.jpg (263x283, 43K)

I literally put 1k rounds down range in a three day weekend after getting my RMR to test zero hold, flickering, screws backing out, etc..
I've never had to clean more than shirt lint off it from CCW, how the FUCK are you getting carbon on it?!?!

>FN
Should have bought HK I guess

Attached: IMG_20181019_125027_104.jpg (1080x565, 102K)

The optics dont get dirty like OP is describing unless something is wrong with the gun/ammo/optic

Doesn't magically turn iron sights into a single focal plane solution, sadly. At a certain point, I either give up on ever focusing on the FSP again and shoot 15y and in only, or I get off my ass and get a red dot for target focus at any range.

You didn't know? Hand loading black powder cartridges for auto-loaders is all the rage these days.

ITT: One guy sees a random post where someone complains about pistol mounted red dots getting dirty and tries to turn it into the next exploding glock meme.

Bullshit.

Something fucking wonky is going on with your rig then. My sig P320 with the Romeo 1 on it never gets dirty like that. Sure it collects some lint from me wearing it and working, but I have not cleaned the front of it for the past 4 months. It's had about 600 rounds through it since then.

Attached: 20190428_192820.jpg (3264x1836, 1.82M)

I did a polymer80 G17 with an RMR. Works fine. Never have any residue building up on the viewing window even when shooting hundreds of rounds at a time. You're just a retard and doing something wrong, probably.

Attached: gyllenhall.png (369x311, 81K)

Well I concede.

Just telling you my situation. You're probably running around with 20/20 vision and all of you're hair. Stay there for as long as you can. For the love of God, cherish it.

What handguns/rifles do you currently have that you're thinking of putting it on?

>M&P 9L
>Ported barrel
>RMR
>Shoot everything from Tula and Wolf to Blazer Brass and everything else in between
>Front sight gets a little grey
>RMR has no issues

Something is wrong with your gun, or you're full of shit. That RMR is 1st Gen, too, so I sincerely doubt the optic is at fault here.

Attached: IMG_20190420_122253688.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

>Something is wrong with your gun, or you're full of shit.
It's an FN, so fuck man who knows.
But he's probably gull of shit and b8 posting.

Nice looking gun btw

Obviously neither of us have experience but I'd get good money their optics get dirty.

>he never considered that maybe it's his meme FN bendy gun and the way it blasts gas backwards out of the ejection port

Thank you. Admittedly, I know fuck all about FN pistols, but it's really not something that should happen. But yeah, I agree with you, and stand with the "full of shit" conclusion.

Why don’t you post a picture of your gun/sight instead of one from Pinterest?

are you shooting black powder?

Pretty sure at this point this is a b8 thread. A potentially good thread died for this.

Attached: Derp Haruhai.jpg (351x329, 16K)

I'm pretty sure that isn't his gun
I've never had to wipe carbon

Attached: t a p e.jpg (4032x1673, 3.43M)

Of course not. How would carbon get on your gun when you never shoot it?

An interesting theory for sure

Attached: FNX beam.webm (1920x1080, 2.71M)

>what the fuck am I supposed to do with this shit?

Quit being a fucking inept retard for starters. Pic related is 250+ rounds of shitty WWB through a FNP45. More than "a few mags" to be certain and the RMR was still perfectly usable. It takes less than two seconds to wipe off the lens with your finger, your shirt, anything and you're back in business. I'm sure you could find time in the midst of all your intense gun battles to accomplish that simple task. No? That's no worry, because the front window could be completely caked over and it would still make no appreciable impact on your ability to aim the weapon. It's called an occluded gunsight and any red dot sight can function as one. You might have actually learned this if you spent more time shooting the weapon instead of worrying about getting it dirty.

Attached: DSC04173.jpg (1024x1365, 95K)

What mount is that on AK

Too much oil on your gun when cleaning

B33

on the off chance this isn't bait
stop using so much lube

Attached: DSC_0970.jpg (1737x1150, 1.32M)

How the FUCK?! Is that seriously a thing with the FN pistols? Jesus christ fuck that company

Caliber and optic proximity to the ejection port. It's a complete non-issue to everyone but you and OP apparently.

The FNX 45 standard mag holds 150 rounds, so 2 mags covers a decent range day.

Agree my RMR has survived over 5,000 rounds of dry fire. Have to say it is the best dry fire handgun sight I've ever used.

This could be it. When I first got my FNX45T I lubed it up pretty heavily, when I took it out for the first time the RDS did get a pretty good amount of spatter/residue on it. Once the excess oil was gone the amount of spatter/residue greatly decreased, no longer an issue.

Or it's possible OP is just being a whiney faggot about a little bit of spatter.

>occluded eye gunsight
>POI off by a foot to the left or right at 25 yards
>POI now depends on the shooter's facial structure
>falling for the fn*-45 meme

here is an idea: get a pistol with the optic mount properly placed to the back of the slide so you don't deliberately cripple your primary optic for the sake of acting tough

>here is an idea: get a pistol with the optic mount properly placed to the back of the slide

It's placed as far to the rear as possible while still being able to have an iron behind it, same as pretty much every RDS cut pistol out there. I know there are a few setups that put the rear iron in front of the RDS, but it's few and far between.

Attached: 20190328_213908.jpg (1613x1210, 380K)

the correct course of action is to pay to have the mount milled for you in the correct location instead of buying the manufacturers cheap shortcut solution

this was my first thought.

Pics and time stamp of the rmr or I'm calling BS.

Here's a fact: Shoot a suppressor on any 9mm with a "properly placed" RMR and watch the same debris splatter all over your optic.

The amount of blowback is obviously dependent on multiple variables yet ultimately unavoidable. Thankfully it is a minor annoyance at worst. Anyone complaining needs to shoot more and worry less.

Attached: IMG_0961.jpg (1920x1280, 3.25M)

>manufacturers cheap shortcut solution

FN with the FNP was the first major manufacturer to offer a pistol red dot mounting solution before RMR's even existed. It's hard to call their path a "shortcut" when they were literally the ones paving the way.

The mounting plate system is also much more expensive to manufacture than simply milling a pre-existing slide. Nothing about it is "cheap." So literally what the fuck are you even talking about?

Attached: IMG_0122.jpg (1920x1280, 1.89M)

>move goalposts by adding a suppressor
>ignores the fact that a backwards mounted red dot will have less debris with or without a suppressor
Are you just too poor to do things right?

>ignores the fact that a backwards mounted red dot will have less debris with or without a suppressor

I specifically referenced that in my previous post Can you not read or are you just trying to strawman?

>move goalposts by adding a suppressor

Call me poor all you want. At least I'm the one with suppressors.

Attached: IMG_1047.jpg (1920x1280, 2.62M)

>It's hard to call their path a "shortcut" when they were literally the ones paving the way.
You can have optic mounts milled by a machinist long before the FNP. They paved the way with the sub-optimal shortcut.

>The mounting plate system is also much more expensive to manufacture than simply milling a pre-existing slide
Jesus fucking christ do you know anything about the cost of non-compatible stocking units? Doing it their way allows the same base slide to be used in both optic capable and non-optic capable slides. It is a money saving measure, you stupid fuck. Go learn about industrial processes.

Just pulled my FNX out of my bag after shooting 2gun today and there isn’t shit on my lens. This is shooting silverbear 45 too
Idk what the fuck is causing you people without suppressors to get so dirty

Squid buddy idk why you’re arguing with poorfags with no experience with any of this
They’ll never learn

Attached: A03F18C5-D94D-4D49-9951-68B0A826ABCB.jpg (2812x2661, 1.1M)

>I specifically referenced that in my previous post Can you not read or are you just trying to strawman?
You literally said there will be the "same debris splatter". Same means the same quantity of splatter. Try to be precise in your language instead of moving all over the place justifying your illogical claims.

>At least I'm the one with suppressors.
And yet you can't pay $300 to have a slide milled correctly. What's the deal?

>Jesus fucking christ do you know anything about the cost of non-compatible stocking units?

Well it's obvious you don't have a fucking clue because your argument here is ass backwards. Sure, the FNP/FNX utilizes the same base slide between the optic compatible and non-optic SKU's. However the optic ready handgun requires the additional milling of that slide, production of the separate steel mounting plates themselves, along with a new cover plate and associate hardware for all parts. All of these "industrial processes" as you like to call them cost money.

You know what the Glock factory option for mounting a red dot was prior to the MOS? Fucking nothing. If you wanted one you'd have to do it yourself. It cost them nothing because they only sold one product. That is the very definition of CHEAP.

They have since adopted the same model as FN, at increased manufacturing cost to themselves and the MSRP of those offerings reflect that.

To suggest that either FN or Glock's MOS production of the MOS is a "cost saving measure" is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever read here on Jow Forums. So congrats on that.

Its called commonality, tripfag. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is product differentiation 101 and you're still in babby grade school.

>bashing glock
Irrelevant non sequiturs, nobody cares. Go away, tripfag.

Not an argument.

>You literally said there will be the "same debris splatter".
>Try to be precise in your language instead of moving all over the place justifying your illogical claims.

My bad, I forgot I'm dealing with aspergers suffering autists devoid of any logical reading comprehension or critical reasoning skills.

You're right though, I should have specified the Glock experiences MORE blowback and debris splatter when suppressed than does the FNP. I'm glad we we're able to clear that up.

>And yet you can't pay $300 to have a slide milled correctly. What's the deal?

Are you fucking blind too? My slide work was performed by the renowned Mark Housel of L&M Precision. Don't even @ me with that poorfag bullshit.

Attached: IMG_8818.jpg (1920x1280, 2.44M)

>Its called commonality

Yeah, having only one SKU is pretty damn efficient for "commonality". And cheap too.

>You have no clue what you are talking about.

Excellent refutation. Sorry your piss poor argument got BTFO to pieces.

>bashing glock

Bashing? It's apparent you're being overly defensive for now valid reason. I love my Glock. For the record I sold the one in the previous pictures and own a MOS now. It's a great system. It's also more expensive to manufacture than simply milling the slide alone. I'm sorry but there's no arguing that. Please stop trying to.

Attached: mk27left.jpg (2880x2160, 3.35M)

Attached: oo.png (521x498, 403K)

>glock again
>suppressors again
nobody is fooled by your attempts to change the topic, numbnuts

>Don't even @ me
oh ok, so you could have milled it right but didn't. so you are both poor and stupid.

>Yeah, having only one SKU is pretty damn efficient for "commonality"
Is this in reference to glock again? How is their product choice in any way relevant to FN's decisions especially when FN was first to market with the concept? How stupid are you?

>Excellent refutation. Sorry your piss poor argument got BTFO to pieces.
When you refuse to even acknowledge that having a common base slide is extremely beneficial to keeping the total cost of the entire product line down, I only need a one-liner to dismiss your long-winded bullshit. I will add that:

>However the optic ready handgun requires the additional milling of that slide, production of the separate steel mounting plates themselves, along with a new cover plate and associate hardware for all parts.
That is a sunk cost when FN decided to produce an optic ready part, you stupid cunt. Fuck you are dumb, even for this board.

I'm sorry. I like your AK and car, I was just fucking with you.

>two mags deep with residue and debris specs, enough to where I can't fucking see clearly.
Yeah uh huh okay so somehow I manage to have nothing whatsoever getting on the glass after some 1500 Blazer rounds with no cleaning whatsoever.

Is RMR shitposting the new meme meta? Is Aimpoint hiring shills? Don't make me regret my T2 and Comp M2 now.

Attached: WP_20190330_006.jpg (2911x1728, 1.42M)

>To suggest that either FN or Glock's MOS production of the MOS is a "cost saving measure"
Wow, just wow. The issue at hand is whether the placement of the optic mount forward of the rear iron sight instead of mounting the optic as far back as possible with a forward rear iron is the cost saving measure, not whether the production of MOS itself is a cost saving measure.

LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ.

>150

I was just confused honestly

Ironsight Incels are rising up

>Is this in reference to glock again?

It's in reference to any manufacturer that doesn't offer a separate factory milled or optics compatible version of their standard product. Glock originally fit that description, they don't anymore.

>How is their product choice in any way relevant to FN's decisions especially when FN was first to market with the concept?

You're the only person here suggesting it is.

>you refuse to even acknowledge that having a common base slide is extremely beneficial to keeping the total cost of the entire product line down

Jesus fucking christ. Where do you come up with this shit? I never said that, or implied it, anywhere.

The only argument I ever espoused is that offering an optic compatible version of a product costs the consumer far more than not doing so. That should be an obvious truth to everyone, but surprisingly you seem to be having difficulty coping with that. My statement was in response to the notion that milling a pre-existing glock slide is somehow "less cheap" than the alternative OEM option in terms of manufacturing expense and complexity. Again, this should be a no-brainer to anyone that actually has one. So what the fuck are you actually trying to argue here?

>That is a sunk cost when FN decided to produce an optic ready part

Sunk cost is a cost nonetheless. All of those processes and resources consume time, materials, and money. Far more than Jimbob gunsmith running a few passes with his milling machine on a factory slide that didn't come with any factory mounting method.

You really seem to be utterly misguided and misinterpreting the points I am making while twisting the argument around things I never even said. So I'll ask again, what the fuck are you even talking about?

I swear I thought OP was talking about a pistol light or something, which is fair, you just do the pencil eraser or chapstick trick and you're good to go. Never heard of anyone's RMR getting rendered utterly useless by shooting, much less within 100 rounds. Clear this is more proof that the poors need gassing.

Attached: WP_20181222_004.jpg (1608x1446, 305K)

theres no reason to have a fucking red dot on a pistol other than to look cool

It's literally a bait post, I've seen this pic before and it's not his FNX

Attached: Two handguns.jpg (2390x1536, 1.38M)

Not even CBC's ammunition is this goddamn dirty, I think OP is shooting some dirty-ass reloads made by the cheapest fudd in the world.

>L2R
>something that wasn't even posted

Yeah, ok dude. Nowhere in the post I responded to does it reference anything about placement of the rear iron sight: >instead of buying the manufacturers cheap shortcut solution

If that's the argument you wanted to make you should have actually said that instead of making a broad assertion about them being "cheap." Because in comparison to the milled glock referenced in that same post, they certainly aren't.

i really want to get a reddot on a 9mm pistol but keep wavering. i have a can and want to shoot this thing at both short (within 20 yards) and long (150+ yards (for fun)) but i just dont know if im going to like it or not. plus i keep going back and forth on the host pistol.

see You completely failed to understand the topic at hand, then failed to understand numerous hints at basic industrial cost analysis while running your mouth like a Dunning Kruger case study.

I give up, you are completely ineducable and a total brainlet to boot. Can't teach a man how to fish when he is too busy shitposting on the internet.

>the post literally says "correct location"
>that post is in response to a discussion on the placement of the optic mount with respect to the iron sights
but...but... it didn't mention the placement of the rear iron sight

AGAIN, LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ

I'm a limp wristing trans-gurl.

>broad assertion about them being "cheap."
Nice try, you missed the complete statement:
>cheap shortcut solution

Obviously not a blanket statement about them being "cheap", and moreover that is in response to a post about the optic placement and whether one should pay for a custom milling job instead of buying the production optic solution from FN.

Go take remedial English again, dumbass.

see You completely failed to communicate your argument. If that weren't the case, I shouldn't have to literally beg yourself to explain yourself as I have had to do repeatedly.

Next time you make a broad sweeping assertion without any specific context or direct mention of the finite point you have in mind, don't be surprised to find the conversation meandering in unintended directions.

Anyways, I'm done here as well. Arguing with the 'tism's is entertaining, but I have a GoT battle to finally catch up with.

This is one of those cases where "we'll still be using iron sights on pistols for the next 100 years" is not fuddtalk.

Except everyone posting here with RMR'd pistols is saying OP is a lying retard