Is there any reason to have a shotgun in an apocalyptic or real life scenario? I see having a masterkey under your AR...

Is there any reason to have a shotgun in an apocalyptic or real life scenario? I see having a masterkey under your AR, but other than hunting ducks... what are the pros of lugging one around?

Attached: 1556461544666.jpg (1680x1193, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunadapters.com/bug-out-kit-12-gauge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gunadapters.com/bug-out-kit-12-gauge/

It's literally the best SHTF gun if you live in an area where you are unlikely to be taking shots beyond 100m

I didn't know hunting wasn't real life. Being able to hunt food seems like it would be pretty useful post-apocalypse.

>killing any game outside of Africa
>unmatched 1-shot stopping powah inside 25 yards with buckshot
They are specialized, but not bad at all. I wouldn't want one as a replacement for a fighting rifle, but they supplement each other well.

see look at this smug bastard. don't you want to be as smug as him?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Wrong

AR is better in every way
>more capacity
>lighter
>easier to use under stress than a pump action
>less recoil
>quicker follow up shots

This is what I was thinking. I just don't see how they compare.

Shotguns have their uses but whenever anyone wants the"best" of something (aside from specialized precision rifles) it almost always comes down to an AR.
It's why almost every military on earth uses them

Small #7 or #8 shot for birbs and rats in the wasteland. #4 to #00 or slugs for the feral anons. Incendiaries for the compounds you cant raid.
Only downside is heavy ammo and slow follow up if you pump.
Idk user, just have your buddy carry one for incidental food gathering oportunities or master key shit with cut shot. You divide the weight between 6 guys and you are golden.
You do have a SHTF team, right?

4 guys with ARs and one shotty up front two guys watching your back and eachother with a nice long barrel and scope. Bunch of secondaries and sparklers. A couple of tazers to keep fresh meat on hand and for fun.
Do you even teotwaki user?

Well shtf is a fucking meme but the reality is you won't go hungry if you hunt with a shotgun, you will with an AR. AR owners don't get this because they can't hunt. They also fail to comprehend that a 00 shotgun puts out more lead faster than an AR does. Again too much vidya. All in all too much viya and Arfaggotry in general

What can you honestly hunt with a shotgun that you can't with an AR? The vast majority of animals on earth can be killed with a .22 round, albeit slowly.

Dudes in shtf the best choice is always going to be a .22lr rifle with a suppressor.

Cheap ammo
Light ammo
Plentiful
Quiet
Can kill anything if you do your part

>but whenever anyone wants the"best" of something (aside from specialized precision rifles) it almost always comes down to an AR.

Yeah. Its not really best at shooting anything moving or flying or any form of small game you want to eat. Its not best at precision and its not best at long range. In fact its a glorified 22LR after 400 yards Its not best at concealable. Its not used by every military on earth by a long shot and like its soviet competitors is a meh rifle with a meh cartridge designed to be used by the relatively untrained infantryman to lay down suppressive fire for squad fire and manoeuvre. Its lethality is flaky dependent on range barrel length and bullet and may be ineffective, of which we have innumerable battlefield accounts. Its quite prone to jams especially cheap models and poorly maintained ones and all in all is a very average gun (at best). Thing is its competitor the AK series really was to. If you want a relatively humdrum semi firing a relatively mediocre round, the AR is the go to gun. Its not however best at anything. Stoner was no genius and the thing is what it is cheap to make and just good enough for its intended purpose.

Seconding, with good irons.

>Guaranteed replies
Here's your (You)

until you get into a firefight. no thanks

>What can you honestly hunt with a shotgun that you can't with an AR? The vast majority of animals on earth can be killed with a .22 round, albeit slowly.

You're not hunted much? well you won't get much at all without a dog user and animals move pretty fucking quick. If you're telling me you can hit flying clays dependably with an AR you are well, full of shit. And that's what you need to be able to hunt walked up game. For small game like rabbits? Well its shit because its a meat wrecker, but its not quite good enough for dear at range either, or running hare. All in all its just a bit shit for hunting. I know you never have. Otherwise you'd know what a shotgun is for.Bolt 22LRs with silencers and subsonic HPs are great for rabbits, but an AR is CF semi and its never going to be quiet enough to do a cull. Not tht you can do tat regularly in the same place. Game will fuck off. You see your AR is well, just not tat useful or good a gun. I'm glad you have it but think of it as a base to build on and develop taste from, a souvenir of the days when you knew fuck all and had no taste.

I'd prefer a qd scope with buis

>firefight
>shtf
>common

Bro youre not going to be engaging with targets 3-400 meters out and getting into squad on squad fights. Youre going to be out alone hunting for food to survive and laying low.

No matter what gun you have if you start getting into "firefights" youre boned. Carry a sidearm in a bigger caliber if you want emergency self defence for closer range

>I'd prefer a qd scope with buis
I suppose you're right, although I'd want it to be very light weight.

>shtf will involve X conditions
This is why "shtf" is a useless term. user 1 is imagining a civil war while user 2 is picturing living in a world after a pandemic killed 80% of the population or something

I agree. As much shit as nutn gets and a lot of it deserved I have watched his videos a long time with a grain of salt and one thing I agree with him on always Is WEIGHT. So important.

The marlin papoose always looked like a gun I wanted to try. Never got one though.

Even in a civil war (assuming youre not fighting for one side or the other) I'd still take a .22 if I'm "bugging out"

Attached: (you).gif (261x383, 29K)

>AR is better in every way
Ah yes, another future skeleton who thinks SHTF is going to involve fighting off the nigger apocalypse all day and then bopping on down to Mickey D's to pick up a combo meal. None such, I'm afraid. 99% of SHTF - especially after the first six months or so - is going to involve a daily drudgery of figuring out how to put food on the table - a task for which the AR is not particularly well-suited, but for which a shotgun is exceptionally well-suited.

>It's why almost every military on earth uses them
The AR is a great combat rifle - but there will be a lot more than combat to surviving SHTF.

>lugging one around
Youll be lugging any weapon around.

>I see having a masterkey under your AR

What does a masterkey mean?

Shotgun is a great way to shoot different shit with varying size balls. Could shoot birds out of the sky with it, quickly slide in some #4 or 00 and shoot a deer/boar/medium game, and load a slug to defend yourself from a bear. While you'd prefer a gun specialized for every part, you can accomplish everything adequately for cheap with a shotgun. For the longest time, general shotguns have been the ultimate frontier/poorfag weapon.

Attached: Remington-Model-870-Wingmaster-Riot-Style-Shotgun-with-Folding-Stock.jpg (600x137, 13K)

I agree. Flexibility in loads matters in SHTF.

Attached: PicsArt_04-27-09.51.56.jpg (1700x802, 297K)

If I had to bug out with only one long gun, I'd take my kitted out AR. If I had the option of bugging in and staying put, I'd definitely have a few shotguns around: a tactical setup for self-defense, and a long fuddish one for hunting game to fill the pot.

Fucking ugly

12 guage shells are the easiest to find ammo source if shit hits the fan and you can reload them with near basic tools no specialized presses all you need is a box or primers and powder and you can cast you own lead balls and reload them with just cotten wads and wax and theres a reason the trench shotgun was called to be banned in wwI

>It's a glorified .22lr
>but itll still rip any small game to shreds

taofledermaus will be like the wasteland survival guide after the fall

Ain't it!

Attached: PicsArt_04-27-10.01.49.jpg (1700x554, 336K)

The "masterkey" is a product made by Knights Armament. It's a modified Remington 870 which fits under the barrel, like a grenade launcher but smaller. the purpose is for MIL/LE to use it to breach doors, then engage the hostiles with the rifle. These days it's been replaced by the C-more M26 MASS