I have a customized SKS. I am not going to lie. It weighs in around 10 lbs...

I have a customized SKS. I am not going to lie. It weighs in around 10 lbs. While that is heavy I will say why I justify the weight. I carried an M240B in Iraq for 9 months in the fight against ISIS. THAT was heavy. I figure if I can carry a M240B for 9 months, in full kit (17 lbs), with a 65lb rucksack, 4 liters of H20, and 1000 rounds of ammo, I am not too worried about SAWC (size and weight constraints) because I have already proven that I can ruck the weight. Plus, an M14 EBR still weighs more and does not have ability to launch grenades. The trade off is: the weight settles the gun down, which aides in its roll as a DMR. Additionally, it is a DMR with the ability to fire rifle grenades. As far as I am concerned, it is still light enough to carry on missions, is decently accurate in its role as DMR (I was super picky when I pulled it out of the stack. The barrel is pristine and prints 1.5-2.5 MOA groups at 100 meters depending on ammo) and it has the ability to do local fire support. I would be happy to carry it on a mission. I can still hit a man-sized target kneeling at 300 meters with it, and can stretch that to 400meters or 500meters if lying prone, although I would really like to keep those shots within 300 meters. AND, it is still lighter than an M240B. True, it does not have the full auto fire or obstacle defeating capability of a 7.62x51 chambered belt-fed, BUT it is decently accurate and easy to shoot. I absolutely love this gun. First type of cool? Check. Second type of cool? Also, check.

Attached: IMG_20171024_093522125_HDR_zpsbwjq6hye.jpg (576x1024, 219K)

not gonna lie, pretty based post

Nice setup

Why not just buy an AR10 for like 2-300 more?

you messed up your sks

how do fight a made up group?

>dmr not sapr
>7.62x39 in a "dmr"
>10lbs
>low firepower low mobility

Nutn is displeased.

Nutn has been triggered

This is bait right?

Nigga Gang Nigga Gang Nigga Gang
Gay Nigga Gay Nigga Nigga Gang

Based schizo

What the fuck is your problem?

>I would be happy to carry it on a mission
No you wouldn't.
magazines are half assed and wonky, a massive sand trap of a bolt, and low ergonomics coupled with a long barrel... you'd hate it unless you're of vietnamese descent and taking pop shots at G.I. patrols.

Ughhh... There isn't a grenade launcher on that version..... An ar or an ak would be lighter k, have better mags, and at be at least as accurate if not vastly more so.
Poor choice of weapon for a "mission"

>picatinny screwed right into the fucking wood

Why don't you faggots ever just buy Tapco stocks and just shove the original in the closet? Why must you ruin the wood...

Attached: A.png (1070x601, 463K)

Well written post, but the truth is that the energy you expend lugging around extra weight is energy you can spend doing important things, like staying awake, building encampment, hiking further.
There is a reason why hikers pay thousands of dollars for lightweight gear.
If your sks is all you can afford, great! I’m not knocking it one bit, but it’s clear that you are justifying its weight by saying that it’s for conditioning.

Nice blog post

>8lbs loaded
>can carry more ammo at a lower weight constraint than an ak
>cheaper
But op, your accuracy is a fucking lie

Attached: Capture+_2019-04-29-10-53-59.png (706x674, 819K)

You sound like you weigh 100lbs. soaking wet and wear dresses for fun to justify your noodle arms. What's said is this is what your drill sergeant would have screamed at you to make fun of you and it's 2019, probably all true and you have no sgt.

0/10 would not goinna woods with

Cool post. How long is your barrel, is it now chambered in .308?
Can you mount a bipod?