AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Cancer containment
Bullyzone

Memebox edition

Old

Attached: 0901174d-4b7f-4f47-8cfa-5121a9f5d4c4.jpg (1280x853, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmtdefense.com/parts/lm650b220s
palmettostatearmory.com/buy-a-gun-online
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based PSA

redpill me on 20 inch barrels with a rifle length gas system

thats goin be a soft shooter

not in nato

lmtdefense.com/parts/lm650b220s

Soft shooting plus best velocity

The best if you don't have to carry it every day.

No thanks i shoot the superior 6.5-284
Thanks.

and if you will be using it mostly outdoors. obviously you CAN do room to room shit with a 20 inch barrel, but a shorter barrel makes it much easier.

bout to drill out my first lr308, should i go with a poor man's upper? or just buy some decent gear for it

Attached: jrtgdjtfcjghcj.jpg (1266x903, 376K)

son the only rifle you need is a M1 Garand

Attached: 80 year old tomber.png (462x538, 81K)

*sip*

Not looking to larp just like shooting long distance steel with red dots.

*wheeze*
*cough*

these young punks think they need those star wars gun to win a war, all you need is an M1 and 1911,yes siree.

Attached: 1556345515750.png (755x375, 206K)

Any tips for building an AR in Maryland? HBAR recommendations?

Let me guess, you're about to spend $300 on a stripped upper, just to slap it on a poorly drilled, $80 lower huh?

Attached: 1548624110806.jpg (640x640, 68K)

For those of you that have 308 AR's. Have you changed out the trigger and hammer? And how large is the stock hammer?

Attached: 1547692915832.jpg (480x580, 26K)

8 lb sledge

Varies. Some 308 bolt carriers require a thin hammer

is nice

Attached: DSC_1020.jpg (1815x1383, 962K)

New to Jow Forums and a friend of mine suggested getting a build kit and lower receiver from Palmetto State Armory. How exactly am I able to purchase and build my own firearm without needing to register it?

any citizen who can lawfully own a firearm is free to build one so long as it for personal use

>needing to register it
assuming you don't live in some shit hole there is no registering. The firearm is already 'made' because it is considered the lower that is already serialized and finished straight from psa. You are simply assembling the rest of the parts

Is the noise noticeably less than that 10.5

that said, if you buy a pre-manufactured lower receiver, it must be serialized and registered with the ATF before being sold

Anyone else here live a normal life but also has crippling depression? just curious sry its gettin to me f a m

Don't use a gun when it gets to be too much. May I suggest helium?

Yeah I'm thinking I'll stick with that and put the two stage in something else.
Thanks qb.
.jpg

Attached: 1529134909260.png (317x290, 97K)

A 10.5 is absurdly loud. Mine shoots fireballs two feet with basic bitch federal ammo. My 14.5 with a brake is quiter, and the 20 is significantly. It's more of a sharp "crack" than a huge boom.

Attached: marin crops gun stand.jpg (960x1280, 288K)

Just accept the honkpill

I don't see any PSA PA-10's for sale anywhere except for PSA's site. Does anybody else have them for sale?

Attached: Black Powder Ranger.png (641x654, 1.2M)

yes, but nowhere near safe, the biggest thing is less concussion, and muzzel blast.

But as other people have said the big reasons, are softer recoil and bullet velocity, O and everything being equal your parts will last longer.

Had a geissele 2s, over black friday upgraded to SSAE, and moved the 2s into a meme gun. Have never had any trigger issues.

don't worry I won't use a gun
nice jpg anime is nice sometimes
honkpill might be the best route, the worst is a fucking circus mate

>paying a middleman

why would you not just buy straight from the manufacturer, who often has sales and free shipping?

Do you mean to finish an 80% lower? Just do it, no requirements.
If you buy an already functional lower through FFL transfer, you need 4473.

I'm sure I've seen one at Gunnies in Orem Utah recently.

I'm a poor. I know Ruger, for example, has higher prices on their site than Academy. I'd like to compare prices.

so i inherited a rifle from a buddy moving overseas. I was kind of stocked at first cause even tho it was banged up and scratched like he threw it off his roof and had no irons it had what i thought was an eotech combo for an xps2 and one of those x3 flip to side optics.

Its fucking B A D, lads. Its fucking chinese airsoft quality with anti-glare purple glass that i can barely see through as is, Feels like i can crush it with my bare hands, And i cant even see through it when i look through the 3x at itbecause the anti-glare glass just wasnt made for it and looks like im looking through purple fog.

So im naturally going to trash that shit and maybe strip the rifle for parts. But the 3x is actually pretty neat, Not that i can find anything about it online so its prob the same shit.

Until i hate myself for keeping it or replacing it cause i like the idea of this little flip to side magnifyer what should i get to pair with it that isnt going to break my bank?

Attached: DSCF0697.jpg (4288x2416, 2.71M)

I don't see any on their site right now.

That's what I thought, 2A and all that.

I live in N.C. , but I am still confused as to why, once I have the whole rifle assembled, that I do not need to have a permit in order to legally own the firearm.

Are you talking resale? Because I believe the lowers that PSA sells are registered with the ATF.

I believe it is a finished 80% lower, but since I can order it online, I don't understand why it appears that I don't need a 4473

Justasgood™

do you guys really think guns are enough to give you purpose in life and help you get through each day? You need more than this. It is a convenient escape but you need a better long term plan than this

I drink, build, sell, work, buy then repeat.

Attached: snake awoo.jpg (900x900, 160K)

>a permit
You buy the finished lower from PSA, they ship it to the FFL of your choice where you fill out the 4473 and pass the background check to get it transferred to you.
Assuming you are not planning on assembling a firearm regulated by the NFA (ie a short barreled rifle) then there is no additional paperwork past the 4473 form filled out at the FFL. Also shop around for a decent FFl because they will charge you for the transfer. I've seen the price anywhere from $10 to $50

jokes on you bitch I also have anime

My penis is small and my rage at small transgressions fuels my ego to kill maime rape and destroy everything in my path.

without guns my power fantasies would collapse in on themselves and i would recognize myself for the lesser man the world already sees and and shunned me as.

That what ye wanted to hear?

Cool. Yea I know its no where near safe but tens of thousand rounds 1-3 decibels quieter could make a big difference, especially if shooting a lot.

That's what I do to, in a way, but sometimes you realize it isn't enough
I tried that for a while but you eventually realize it isnt a sufficient substitute for real love
Maybe the power fantasies collapsing is a good thing, so you can move on to something better and more productive?

also, here's the link to PSA where they explain how you do it
palmettostatearmory.com/buy-a-gun-online

>are you talking resale
yes. in the sense that they are completed lower receivers, (the firearm), and as such, are already registered with the ATF before they are sold. this is why you must complete the 4473 and paper work

an 80% lower is not considered a firearm because it be used in its current state without a lot of machining. since the ATF does not consider them to be a firearm, they are not subject to firearm regulation.

Okay, understood. Thanks a lot,

>and paper work
i mean nics background check

>because it be used
because it "cannot" be used

i am too tired for this shit

>you realize it isn't enough
Yeah I know I try not to think about it.

Do you really think that is your best plan, to just not think about it? maybe we should accept it, and move forward to something grander and better? Every day we ignore the truth is another day wasted

You do you man. I don't have anything grander or better to move on to.

Fair enough, I shouldn't drag you into my despair. It's a god damn sad world we live in though when this is all we have. I pray for the day it come crumbling down and the world resets, if that ever does happen.

m'kay bud

Attached: listen-here-partner-the-only-things-i-want-to-fuck-26294737.png (500x516, 122K)

post less existential dissatisfaction
post more AR

Attached: DSCN1780.jpg (1361x2075, 1.08M)

alot of us are this way, im guessing the majority of Jow Forums is, in one way or another were rejects seeking validation because were not normal enough to do so IRL to certain extents, I have friends who like guns but not autistically enough like I do, thats were Jow Forums fill that void for me, as far as the world goes, it will only get worse, there will be no reset just destruction

Post ARs

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-28-11-07-42-1.png (1080x1068, 1.32M)

Shut up idiot

Attached: DSC_1025.jpg (3500x2500, 2.34M)

Trip on Orange Cat

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-29-00-28-20-1.png (1080x1244, 1.23M)

Why cant I eat it?

Keep (You)ing me and see what happens

Take your own photos fag.
I.v. bag pre det corded maybe.

I'm here to join in on the festivities

Attached: IMG_20190308_191710.jpg (4048x3036, 2.38M)

Where my third pin hole bros at? Post em

I hope you get conjunctivitis.

nice rusty barrel

No thank you. I try to keep my butthole and my underpants fairly clean

That's actually some heat discoloration oddly enough

i never wash my hands and i've never gotten pink eye

where is Wuggy... someone wants to buy your Elcan.

he should cone himself.

waffle or wafer cone?

Attached: icecreambuyingguide.jpg (2000x693, 369K)

traffic plus lube

Attached: tatco-traffic-cones-tco25900-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 36K)

Fresh sourdough bread and AR.

Attached: IMG_1436.jpg (1500x1000, 850K)

Post skids

is that an angled amy rail?

I like this theme of ar in every day situations

>has acog mounted
>still fell for backup sight meme
unless that's some kind of knockoff u done fucked up

Is this good? I don't really know what I'm doing..

Attached: 20190429_013516.jpg (1078x2779, 574K)

You can do a lot better than that scope and those rings

Rings are hard yikes, what are you an actual boomer?

you know a lot of PRS and national match shooters, still use rings. Like after Spuhr and Masterpiece arms, seekins/vortex made by seekins rings are the third most popular mounting option.

They are lighter weight and cheaper.

Please god a primary arms raptor 1-6 is cheaper and better. But for a 20 inch rifle, get more of a DMR scope not a LPVO.

Polish flag?

what's the deal with 5.56 tumbling? in afghanistan we had precisely zero engagements closer than 300 meters so i can't independently confirm, but i've heard a lot of stories from guys who say they've put a bunch of rounds through a dude and they just punch right through him. is it a meme that 5.56 needs a bit of time to decelerate in order to tumble and cause maximum damage?

Ditch the scope and get some irons, get a cheaper lower (unless you actually knew what you were doing and want that trigger) and get a more expensive upper. Get one with a cold hammer forged chrome lined FN barrel.

Steel core ball ammo is shit. Military bulk ammo for grunts is shit.

Lowers don't get much cheaper than $40

Daily reminder
Just as good
Acog is overpriced and so is all your other Gucci shit. Their profit margins are probably 10 to 1 at least.

Prove me not to get dbal i2

Spend more and get the PSA 18" CHF/Geissele upper.
Then save some money and get a LaRue MBT Trigger instead of the SSA-E

I need some expertise here guys.

This guy I talked to about ar15/10s tried to tell me that .308 reaches its maximum accuracy out of a 16"-barrel, and .223 out of an 11"-barrel, and any barrel-length after that is essentially useless.
Now, is he full of shit,or is there some merit to that? Could it be a case of maximum 'precision' from these barrel lenghts, meaning that the bullets will have the least spread from the point of aim, while a longer barrel adds velocity to the bullet (and therefore a flatter trajectory), but it might spread more from the point of aim?

He's correct although his numbers are arbitrary. Once the bullet is stabilized, and it is within a few inches, you gain no accuracy from additional barrel length. You do gain velocity, and therefore flatter trajectory as you noted.