Is 26 too old to join the military? I want to go to college but I'd have to serve like 4 years...

Is 26 too old to join the military? I want to go to college but I'd have to serve like 4 years... I'd be 30 going to school... what do yall think?

Also is it possible to engage in combat as infantry and not get PTSD?

Also is there ever fun times in the military?

Attached: 1556142280662 (1).jpg (480x426, 17K)

only children get ptsd
t. insane adult

Well what you reasonably should be asking yourself is:
-What do I want to do as a profession?
-Will I like that profession for years to come?
-Is enlisting for the GI Bill worth it?

Also, this is more of a question for the enlistment general.

26 is pretty old, but you should be in that stronger physical range now and have more maturity so promotions should come fast. As far as you just doing 4 years, the promotions and lifestyle might hook you in and then you'll find yourself fighting which way to go. Really, you might want to pick a job that you know you wont want to continue so you can guarantee leaving.

I joined at 30 and feels good man. Slow start but you'll get up there faster with a more mature mindset.

Attached: 577133_470102046354797_713792692_n.jpg (960x677, 103K)

32 here, is it too late. already have college degree

>joining the military
>going to college

You feel for two memes at once user. How about none of it?

I make 70,000 a year and it was the result of compiling rare mechanical skills from the age of 16 till now. I have an associates degree as well and it hasn’t helped me at all.

Not everyone wants to be a blue collar cuck

no, you're not too old. go for it

In the infantry, you are stuck with 18-21 year olds, being 25 a friend was ridiculed and made fun of for being an old man with no family or prospects. I also thought about joining at 26, but not worth it.

When we get out, we won't have anything and it will be a lot harder getting a job being 30 and having a 4 year gap.

>I make 70,000 a year

Take out 20k for tax
>making 50k
>Showing off

I literally make that much being a security guard in australia.. lmao.

t.soiboi

couldnt handle the bants

36 or lower. dont use your age as an excuse.. youll be fine. you wont regret it.

Attached: IMG_20190410_194906_120.jpg (4032x2268, 2.51M)

>50k
>Australia

Take way 40k for your diversity programs, and mandatory welfare for anyone starting a business, and free hookers for the retarded.

>10k

Yikes!

>Be you
>Get injured
>Go hospital
>Have to pay 50k for a few xray scans and a shot of morphine

nice one.

You’re job is responsible for any medical expenses acquired while on the job. They have to have liability insurance for this reason by law. Its been like that for 30 years.

Get reading comprehension you dumb nigger no one is talking about workers comp or getting injured at work.

Dummy.

If you're not a turd, older guys get a head a lot faster. Waste so much time teaching kids simple shit like why its important to wash your clothes or keep your word. Being an adult gets you a long way.

Airborne Infantry, don't be a pussy.

>Be me
>glorified receiptionist
>get 70k
>but my job does full coverage insurance too
>only work 4 days a week
>less taxes than other countries

feels good man

>receiptionist
>Proud of himself

Damn, i wish i could be that emasculated.

U will never own a real gun or be American

It's never too late to enlist. Just be sure to do your best and make a plan out of the service. The last thing you want is to get out of a 4 year commitment and have no idea of what to do afterwards and jump back in it again realizing your life is servitude and shit.

Also, you can engage in combat without PTSD. People handle it in different ways. It's a willpower and mental ordeal. Shellshock is different deal all together though. If you have the mental fortitude to handle the sight, sounds, and smell (the shit NOBODY ever talks about and really haunts people) of death, violence, and destruction than you should be all good. Just don't throw away that script for your anti-depressants right away though.

You're still young. When i went to osut there was a 32 year old Finnish ex French foreign legion guy. Also i never got deployed since we just went to Europe to train with Euro dudes in the anaconda exercises. Can't say i was infantry though as i was a tanker.

That’s fucking terrible advice. Choose a job you enjoy so you can continue it later after an applicable college degree and you can use that relevant job experience. Don’t put yourself through 4 years of not enjoying your job.

Cope harder

i get paid well for doing fucking nothing so i'm doing just fine
enjoy life fending off those kangaroos m8

Never to late really, classes have people of all age groups these days.

He's talking about Infantry, there is no relative job experience and he worried about not wanting to leave. The best way to not get that feeling is to not take a job that entices the brotherhood side of your mind.

You can join the AF until you're 37. You can join a college until the day you die. Worst case you'll be an army fit man surrounded by teen pussy for 4 years with no student debt.