Any anons in the Dallas/Fort Worth area want to go shooting? I need a buddy or two to go to the range with...

Any anons in the Dallas/Fort Worth area want to go shooting? I need a buddy or two to go to the range with. Any recommendations on outdoor ranges is cool too.

Attached: old-school-hk-optic-made-by-hensoldt-that-projects-light-with-a-crosshair-in-the-beam-it-runs-on-5-c (899x372, 63K)

>Wanting to meet up with armed strangers from Jow Forums

Everyone will be armed. Should work itself out.

what guns do you own?

MP5, MP5K, PS90, and AR-15 pistol.

meeting up with local kommandos is genuinely fun, dont let the shitposting fool you. ive met some decent guys here and shoot regularly with them.
your best bet is probably joining the tx discord.

Discord is AIDS. I stay off shit like that.

Just moved to dallas myself(plano/frisco area). Curious About the outdoor ranges as well, just about the only range around me that seems worthwhile going off reviews is the eagle gun range. OTOH frisco gun club is apparently a death trap judging by the sheer number of 1 star "how is this place still open" reviews.

Welcome, how are you liking it? I moved to North Dallas quite some time ago. I shoot at Eagle in Addison but they cucked my MK18 with a tie does because it has a binary.

Its ok, traffic is annoying with every road being a 4-6 lane two way highway school zone, but outside of the occasional old man trying to do a clint eastwood impersonation everyone seems pretty chill so far. Really miss my last states pain free constitutional carry laws, probably going to be a couple months before i can CC here. Guess i don't really have to worry too much in this part of town though, definitely not like back in the STL area.
> I shoot at Eagle in Addison but they cucked my MK18 with a tie does because it has a binary.
Are they not rapid fire friendly or is it just binaries they don't like? think id run into issues with a normal semi auto braced PCC?

I don't mind the Clint Eastwood people. It's the "Turn Texas Blue" bumper sticker sporting cucks driving a Prius that bothers me.

They have issues with Binary because apparently someone shot up their roof. I'm extremely tall (6"4) and the rope wasn't long enough for me to stand and shoot so I just left. I recently bought two MP5s and I want to go shooting but havent made it back after that lousy experience.

Also it's like full blown FUDD in there too but I can deal with that. The guy working the counter told me he invested the term "full giggle" on the binary. Cringed hard.

Best post on the whole site atm

gotcha. good luck

I lived in DFW for a long time. Here is the rundown. The only good ranges are indoor ones. All the outdoor ones are shit. Eagle gun range in lewisville and Shoot Smart in north ft worth near keller are both good indoor ones I've been to.

Repeat. All the outdoor ones are shit. I am so glad I moved 1000 miles away from the shithole that is the DFW metroplex.

Garland public range
>nice fudds run it
>great for shotguns; lots of clay throwers
>cheap, cash only though
>no 30 cals allowed due to weird city ordinance (they were planning on building the berm higher when i moved away)
>decent rifle and pistol range
>cant remember rules on FMJ, but i never really shot rifles here

Quail Creek
>generic fudd range
>1 shot every 3 seconds
>ceasefire every 10 mins, mags out and actions must be locked open. hard to do on an AK
>NO FMJ allowed whatsoever
>100, 50, and pistol range
>probably the "best" range to shoot rifles at
>they have a "tactical" range where you can magdump at like 5 yards though

Elm Fork
>angry fudd central
>no FMJ
>no pistol calibers on rifle range
>scopes required at 100 yards, red dots don't count
>expensive
>shitty, avoid at all costs

Magnum Sports center
>apparently rules are light here, rapid fire and FMJ allowed
>never go to shoot because the owner was such an angry, unstable old asshole that I left before I made it to the range
>walking up to the desk with rifle cases, clearly there to shoot, guy walks up gets right in my face and screams WHAT DO YOU WANT? then yelled at me to go to the desk (that i was walking to) to pay

Attached: scout.jpg (720x537, 49K)

Hey man, you were in the last thread. I'm hoping I can qualify for the loan for some land up North. Maybe I'll let the Jow Forumsrew shoot up there. Assuming they sign liability waivers.

Was I? Theres probably more than a few guys who have left the DFW area and never looked back. Its a shithole with 7.5 million people in a 30 square mile area.

>my current city is barely bigger than DFW international airport

just don't eat anything someone else brings

Attached: kay.jpg (1541x5406, 681K)

Garland public will not allow any rifle FMJ, main reason I can only shoot every 2 months.

>scopes required at 100 yards

Attached: 1555030943166.jpg (520x492, 141K)

Do they allow 30 cals now? Last time I shot there was like 5 years ago. I miss their shotgun range tho.

The one nice thing about owning AKs is that SP/HP is the same price as FMJ. I only had a few guns when I lived in DFW, and for all of them except the nugget, SP/HP was the same price as FMJ

Maybe, it was on the PCC thread saying the exact same thing. I was wanting to test out the MP5s but couldnt find anywhere.

>pic related

>Cant use irons or red dot on 50 yard range

Whats with the hate on FMJ at outdoor ranges?

Attached: 20190412_155300.jpg (4032x3024, 965K)

Ah yeah, that was me lad

I shoot at Elm Fork and Eagle gun range. One day, every weekend. I only shoot ARs and my pistol.
However, I'm middle age. Too old for you kids.

>posting this image again

It's like you are asking to get shot mate...

I like the economic opportunity here (obviously) but it's boring as fuck and the lack of gun ranges not run by anti-fun fudds with a stick up their ass.

Garland allows .30+ again.

just FYI

>Not having private security staffed by off duty cops patrolling your neighborhood.

How do you know how old we are you boomer? I liked Eagle in Farmers Branch until they put a literal rope around my AR-15 because it has a binary.

Defender outdoors is nice in fort Worth but stay away from Alpine in South fort worth all manner of fuddery there

Elm fork is dangerous. I spoke to the RSOs privately. They have had multiple customer injuries.
I highly recommend watching your six when at that range. Dont get to relaxed.
This last Saturday they asked a black guy to leave because he wouldnt stop pointing loaded weapons at people. And no this isn't a fluke. Ive had a lady point her gun right at me two separate times.
And yes. They have way to many stupid rules. I just like shooting outdoors

do you hunt? need hunting partner in same area

there are better places than dfw.

Like?

Elm Fork just sounds bad from their rule sheet alone.

wtf is wrong with fudds man. it's expected of a shooter worth his salt to be proficient to at least 300 yards with irons standing. i fucking hate fudds.

>retarded rules at my local range
>single round loading only
>unless you have a tube or rotary (ruger) magazine, then load as much as you like
>1 shot every 10 seconds
>no kneeling
>no prone
>ceasefire every 10-15 minutes
>no steel, have to put paper targets at 1000 yards, so you have to wait for fat fuck geriatric boomers to waddle out 1000 yards then waddle back
>no buckshot
>no shotgun slugs
>no revolving rifles because they are "semi automatic" (ausfalia)

kill me

Attached: 1554019210611.jpg (852x536, 204K)

I don't understand the mag dumping rules. They literally sell ammo at MSRP and that has the highest margin. Local range sells 30 rounds of 5.56 for $25 which is insane markup. They would make more money.

Move to the USA?

Where is a good hunting spot here?

Attached: 1555545720390m.jpg (1024x768, 78K)

Any fags in Houston who have range recommendations? I currently go to the Carter's up in Spring, but I moved to Spring Branch and would like to know if there's a good range on the west side of town. Right now all I have is an AR so I'd prefer an outdoor range.

How do you survive that shithole? The humidity alone is unbearable

>Whats with the hate on FMJ at outdoor ranges?
I've heard it is because someone outside of a range was once injured by a ricochet so they ban it for liability reasons or something. I think it is more likely that fudds are just being fudds. You can never enjoy your guns to the fullest in Texas unless you own your own land, sadly. I used to date a chick whose family had cattle land in Gainesville, the Freedom was fucking glorious.

Attached: 1542591299088.png (726x548, 661K)

It's been super cool these last few months for some reason, so it ain't so bad. For when it gets hot, you just learn to embrace the muggyness or stay inside. Other than that, Houston's fine.

do you have any reason why you think this other than something childish like 'muh botnet'?

OP here: I have a system wide adblocker/antivirus app that uses Samsungs Knox to kill all background app communications. Whatsapp, Wechat, and Discord are the only three apps that break when I have the adblocker engaged. Every 10 seconds it sends a burst of data to some unknown source that the antivirus recognizes as bad and shuts down all audio in and out. Creeped me out.

I hate the way boomers run businesses. Rather than set themselves apart from competition, they maintain the status quo for short term gains. Then when a market disrupter comes along they lose all their customers and wonder why.

Houston still sucks desu.

does the FBI not train their agents in firearm safety anymore?

You the Missouri user?

I do Eagle in Lewisville for general accuracy practice. They do not allow holster work, but if you demonstrate that you are keeping your groups tight, they let you ignore the 1 shot per second horseshit.

I have yet to go to Crossfire in Flower Mound, but the facility is nice, and they allow holster work on their dynamic range by appointment after a $60 certification.

If you actually want to work USPSA competition stuff, you'll have to join one of the private or semi-private ranges. I haven't found anywhere else.

Hopefully Eagle figures out a way to mitigate the holster risk, because I don't have the time to drive out to a USPSA type range everytime I need to run a legit Bill drill.

They've never said anything to me about 1 second shot rule at Eagle in Addison. I've binary mag dumped before. They range guy just asked if he could take a turn.

"No."

This user knows
t. Grew up in DFW
It sounds like Elm Fork has gotten fuddier since I moved.

B tactical in caddo mills. I like it but bit out there. Would be interested in making trip out if few others head out. All i got are lame ptr stuff

Attached: B5A313A4-BADB-4D1E-A1AE-B67FDEA7AEEB.jpg (640x1136, 99K)

This. And it pisses me off because Alpine is like four miles from my house.

Probably too far for a lot of you but Target Time is my fave indoor range by far. Always run by the same guy or his wife, and you don’t have to sign no horseshit waiver. No shotguns tho

OP here, looking at some land this weekend up north near the lake. 70 acres. If I buy the land I will prolly set up my own range. You guys willing to drive up to 40 min out of town?

Dark alley and surprise butt sex from Jow Forums members included?

No user, there will be no surprises if youre expecting it. I want to make a 100 yard range at pic related.

Attached: 20190429_230020-min.jpg (5811x1794, 2.51M)

How small is your dick?

Only 100 yards? Those are rookie numbers. Pump those range distances up.

How small is your dick?

Purdy small. I do own an AR15. Gonna bring some brotein?

Wallet is fatter than the dick. It's all that matters.

100 yards seems like a good distance to practice on.

Dfw ranges are a joke.
No FMJ = no $ from me

Luckily I have land. City people aren’t even real Texans.

Attached: 15FDF2B6-19BF-4746-BD14-C339A9FC1B22.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

I'd literally have him arrested. That's worse than nigger-tier behavior.

you a califag?

Attached: tenor.gif (400x200, 495K)

Most of them are