Pistol brace or short barreled rifle?

Pistol brace or short barreled rifle?

Attached: 35369CAE-CACE-4C05-B793-2D133E71BC19.jpg (1200x900, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7G-sOC3-sQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brace. Fuck paying the ATF.

You know the right answer.
>inb4 "mUh StAtE LiNeS", bullshit.

Attached: braces.jpg (552x552, 52K)

depends on the gun imo. braces are very functional but some guns just look right with a stock.
that being said, i have an sbr but i understand if someone else doesnt want to do a form 1. unlike some spergs, i dont really care what you do with your gun.

The wait and extra $200, inability to cross state lines without a 5320.20, and inability to carry it loaded in my vehicle (state law) were reason enough for me to choose a brace over sbr. It just doesn’t make sense to pay the man for the privilege of having extra restrictions.

SBA3 and the Tailhook are basically stocks, so one of those depending on the gun.

Attached: sba3 brace.jpg (1000x630, 44K)

Attached: 1537660002642.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

In Washington state it is illegal to transport a loaded long gun in a vehicle, therefore owning an AR pistol is a legal loophole to allow you to carry your weapon loaded while driving.

The only correct choice is illegal sbr. Fuck complying and fuck the atf.

am i correct in assuming that foregrips are illegal on sbr's?

No

homosexual monogamy is morally better than heterosexual polygamy.

With modern braces like the SB3 there's literally no need for an SBR, unless you want a proper stock for the aesthetics.

It's funny because it's kind of the opposite in Texas. You can carry loaded long arms in vehicles but if you have a loaded pistol in your vehicle, with or without a license to carry, it must be concealed.

no, only on pistols

This user said it first but like holy shit dude, are you that fucking new? SBR'ing for a stock is #1 and a vert foregrip is #2 reason. But also, if you have a brace, any foregrip that isn't 90* to the barrel is good to go too. Gotta love ATF laws. Someone post the ATF pistol/rifle/SBR meme pics.

For the love of Christ neck yourself you insufferable faggot

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

brace gang

Attached: B3.jpg (1755x924, 456K)

>wears bath robe over normal clothes to conceal AR pistol

Tangential topic, is the SBA4 going to be worth it? I think it is less visually appealing than the SBA4, and the sling swivel is in a dumb spot, but otherwise I'm intrigued.

SBR

Attached: IMG_0728.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

>Mfw fell for the 80% meme
>Put a 10.5" on it
>Live inner city
I'm riding the wave boys.

Literally legal.

SBA3 masterrace.

Did you mean "Less appealing than the SBA3" or what?
Also, buy whatever one you like/want/can afford more, they're more or less the same thing.

In this case, I get it. But for AR's, SBR is good to go for most people and even for most aesthetics. I do think a proper stock looks better than a brace almost always. But $200 savings, wait savings and no ATF list savings do have a great advantage.

This. I currently have 3 stamps in ATF jail, and they've been that way since October of last year. The braces are better, for any AR platform gun, and a lot of non AR pattern stuff, that isn't milsurp coolness. I just wish there was a work around as easy as this for suppressors. They killed the work around for full auto funs.

Attached: open bolt machine gun.png (1348x470, 57K)

Yes, I did mean less than the A3. My bad. My problem is, I don't know which one I want, and was looking for opinions. They're not exactly cheap, and of rather not have two buy both of them.

Attached: dude weed.png (131x153, 44K)

It's illegal to transport any gun loaded, unless you hold a CCL.

The tailhook is neat, if you can diy a little. You can make it work on just about anything, and there's very little in the way of regulation/clarification on what that needs to look like. For example, I'm working on making one into an AK build, and styling it like a triangle folder, because PSA hasn't gotten off their ass yet on the triangle folder thing.

For sure dude. Well, just judge the differences between the two. If you get one and seriously don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it quick for nearly what you paid. Good luck.

>i paid an extra $200 and got on an atf watchlist because of """"""aesthetics""""""

is there anyone more cucked in the world than NFAggers?

*if the OAL is below 26”

I like the tailhook, but the lack of a QD mount kind of ruins it for me. I hope they do a mod 3 with a QD socket.

straight sluts and gay sluts are the same expect gay sluts have more diseases. it's the same moral depravity. Love is for one other person, not many.

You're not wrong, you're just an asshole

Attached: the-dude-grocery-store.jpg (800x533, 186K)

Alright, retard question here, but can anyone show how that brace is "supposed" to be used on your arm. It looks like its made out of metal, but I would expect it needs to bend around your forearm, so it must be made of some flexible plastic.

The SB braces are made of a flexible polymer of some sort. There are other braces that are made of rigid plastic and even metal that function differently.

As long as the dude has an LTC, he's GTG to conceal an AR-15 pistol on or about his person in Texas (these laws are so fucking dumb).

You’re not paying the atf, retard.

Brace. SBS, no tax stamp, pretty comfortable to shoot, too.

Attached: PicsArt_04-27-09.51.56.jpg (1700x802, 297K)

How does a pistol brace "actually" work?
Why are there straps and latches on them?

When used as intended, your arm goes through it, and you strap it on. The idea is to let a shooter with only 1 usable arm shoot guns that would otherwise be completely inaccessible to them.

In reality, most of them are just used as a big fuck you to the ATF.

Attached: 1526301381950.png (500x983, 348K)

Brace when possible, SBR when unavoidable like the PS90.

So basically, the PS90 and a handful of rifles that don't come in pistol config are the only guns worth SBR-ing these days.

Attached: 1555615783242.jpg (4032x2268, 1.66M)

How is that an atf approved brace?...

GHW Tailhook. They have them for the ACR too.

If you can slap a Tailhook onto something, you can make a brace out of it.

Attached: ACR-Stock-Adapter-for-CZ-Scorpion-by-Dan-Haga-Designs-1-660x350.jpg (660x350, 61K)

Aware, but didn't think you could get away with covering the hole so obviously.

if the ATF has their hands on your gun, you were probably going to prison anyway.

Covering the hole? The brace function is left unhindered and it has the same back profile as any other Tailhook conversion.

Attached: 20190417_211828.jpg (4032x2268, 1.6M)

Your local fudd range snitches tho

Ah... I understand how its supposed to work now. Thank you. For some reason I was under the impression it worked like an sba3.

>paying $200 a year for every nfa item you own

I'd argue that a lesser evil is still evil. Not because I hate gays o anything but because proper, healthy hetero families are infinitely better for society.

Attached: thinking1.gif (256x256, 698K)

This is bait right? You aren't this retarded

faggot

Forgetting the 200 bucks, what other bullshit do I have to deal with if I go SBR?

>implying you arent on a list to begin with
Concealed carry licenses are a violation of the NAP.
Prove me wrong.

A less intensive background check than what it takes to buy a house.

Completely depends on the situation

If you want to save $200, cross state lines hassle-free, and ccw, then go brace.

If you want (slightly) more stability, don't mind spending an extra $200, and are willing to deal with letting the ATF know every time you cross the state-lines/don't ever plan on doing so, then go sbr.

Or you could go illegal, just don't come here and bitch if you get catch and become a felon/lose all your gun rights.

Personally, I am in the process of SBR'ing my PS90 because it's basically mandatory, but keeping my 8.5" AR a pistol so I can travel with it.

Attached: 1551463794516.jpg (480x800, 52K)

Look it up on YouTube, faggot.
This isn’t a search engine

youtube.com/watch?v=b7G-sOC3-sQ

Is she vaping?
Typical PS90 owner...
A total faggot

It's one of those drink/protein shake in a pouch?
Typical non-PS90 owner...
A total retard

Just because you cum too quick to please even one woman doesn't mean you have to spoil it for the rest of us

That looks like ass

Depending on the mounting point, you can have a QD point added to the base.

all of government is a violation of it.

Most states exempt NFA items

Attached: 2B5105D7-E5AC-435D-83DD-99DD3AFFA8C7.jpg (3024x4032, 2.17M)

once again

>aesthetics fags

guns aren't for playing dressup you little faggot

No it's not you complete fucking faggot. For most of human history its been a few men breeding many women.

Attached: 1506051490430.png (770x683, 888K)

>spreading your genes as much as possible vs spreading your ass and getting aids

Attached: 1527027438288.jpg (456x297, 21K)

>Wanting to be cucked
Jesus christ

> Missing the point

You either have 0 reading comprehension or never get laid.

Also as for the thread, braces are neato I guess but only because it circumvents an already pointless law.

>paying extra with no added capability
>telling ATF what I own

Nice try, agent.

Namefags are cucks, remember this

All this talk from WAfags, how smart would it be to SBR with the way the laws are changing and how the future looks for this state? I’m wanting to submit some form 1s but I’m hesitant about registering anything like this in WA.

Maybe, but I like ass, so....

Plus, it's hella fun to shoot. The brace is soft, and flexes/pivots at the top back above your shoulder, absorbing even the hottest slug recoil.

I beat the piss out of it, sanded it, steel wooled it. Mossberg's flat blue finish is shit. You can almost scratch it off with your fingernails! SO disappointed in it.

Now, I don't worry about it at all. The more nicks and scratches, the better.

Try it, it's very freeing.

Attached: PicsArt_04-25-04.02.49.jpg (729x1500, 241K)

If you don't live in a restricted state and can afford it and don't mind doing the extra paperwork and wait to get the 'okay', then get the stamp, using real stocks is pretty nifty. If you don't want to deal with that then get the brace.

shoo tripfag
>using virgin as an insult, on Jow Forums of all places

Are there legitimately people this board who obey the NFA? Lmao wtf? Do you live next to an ATF agent or something lol

Haha, I love it user.

Wonder if I could by a PS90 receiver as an "other" and then glue a tail hook to the end of it...

SBRs are soon to be illegal again it looks like, too.

The ATF actually loses money on all the Form 1's and Form 4's so submitting them gives more credit to the idea that the ATF should be fucking demolished.

Where do I find these tailhook adapters?

Pistol brace lets you have something similar to a short barrel shotgun, (SBS), without the wait and tax stamp.

This particular brace, the S.O.B. by SB Tactical, is soft rubber, and also flexes enough to make even hot slugs comfortable to shoot. It flexes slightly by pivoting at the end of the buffer tube if you place it slightly higher than you'd expect. (This also gives you a perfect sight picture along the top of the receiver).

Attached: PicsArt_04-29-05.42.48.jpg (1800x566, 279K)

That’s the first I’ve heard about that. Was there new legislation proposed?

that's retarded because you're still rule-cucking yourself each time you get a stamp.
it would be more reasonable to file the paperwork for guns that don't exist

I'm not a fan of the ATF or government overreach in general. However, they gave the gun community a bone by allowing pistol braces. I think the flagrant manner in which manufacturers and customers are building and using braces as actual stocks is going to get the brace banned. Just sayin'.

Attached: 1546832936727.jpg (1600x1190, 894K)

>hey gave the gun community a bone by allowing pistol braces
No they didn't. They got fucked over in court because braces were originally designed for a disabled vet who couldn't shoot normally, not to be shouldered. They tried to outlaw them and for a while we had the stupid "IT'S ILLEGAL TO SHOULDER A BRACE" stance from the ATF. Fuck those faggots, fuck the NFA.

Oh, so normal people are taking advantage of cripples in order to circumvent laws. We're all one buzz headed retard away from having braces taken away.

Attached: itsonlyafleshwound.jpg (960x646, 115K)

The, 'OK to shoulder a brace', letter. I printed it small, rolled it up, and stuffed it in my AR pistol grip.

I've taken it out twice so far. Once at a police stop, once at a range I went to with a friend. Both worked out great. Cop read it and let me slide. He didn't know about the letter, and took a picture of it to keep on his phone.

Attached: PicsArt_04-27-12.38.08.jpg (1856x1242, 478K)

Speaking of, is there an ATF letter for measuring OAL with everything fully extended? I want to put a side folder in a shockwave. I've got the "firearm" letter, the sb tactical brace on a black aces tactical "firearm" letter, and the pistol brace letter all with my car registration and insurance, but I want the actual ATF statement that all measurements are taken fully extended before putting a folder on the brace for my shockwave

The whole reason the Shockwave is legal is that it's classified as a firearm, and is over 26", and therefore not considered concealable. I *think the very fact that it exists and is for sale is proof that over 26" is good to go. Length of pull has to be under 13½", or it's a stock, not a brace. And AFAIK, all measurements are taken with the folding stock or brace open, not folded.

That's the extent of my, 'knowledge', about this stuff, and it's all what others have told me. Take it with a grain of salt, and no I'm sorry, I don't have that letter. Post it if you find it, please?

I'd suggest searching the websites of people that make folding stock Shockwaves.

Attached: PicsArt_04-25-04.17.14.jpg (1561x1900, 350K)

Kill yourself faggot

Tailhook is great.

That's the issue I'm having (that and the kak shockwave messing with my shockwave firearm results). The only company I've found that sold a folding brace from the manufacturer was black aces tactical. They no longer sell those models and when I spoke with them they said the ATF was reviewing braces on "other firearms" in general and wouldn't elaborate further. Everything regarding rifled barrel "other firearms" points to the freedom Shoppe example.

I actually use my brace for what it's designed for sometimes. I have intermittent use of my left hand and forearm. I can strap this on my right, and cock it in my left elbow pretty well, now.

Same with my AR pistol. I have a Tailhook brace on that. Works great with a laser.

I'll be back to pistol only if they ban braces.