Ammo brands/types to avoid and Jow Forums recommended ammo?

Ammo brands/types to avoid and Jow Forums recommended ammo?

Attached: ouch.jpg (360x239, 24K)

WWB and Remington Green box are dirty as hell in my experience. Steel/Aluminum aren't really worth the few dollars you'd save unless you're shooting slavshit/milsurp.

Any specific Remington green box ammo? I use golden bullet for plinking with my .22 and haven't noticed much of a difference.

Remington UMC is fine, I've shot a bunch of it. It's inconsistently loaded but I doubt it's bad for a gun in any way.

Tula Steel case for non-Slav/surps., bi-metal cased ammo, RIP ammo (caused a bunch of Fails to Feed in a ton of autos I tried it in), and Federal reloads (they used shit primers in the lot I had).

Anything Remington is shit. Remington’s QA/QC has gone down the drain and this goes back to more than a decade.
>Sellier & Bellot
>Speer Lawman
>Federal AE
>CCI and Federal for .22lr

Are all equal or cheaper options for a higher quality product. Literally no reason to deal with Remshit or Winchester White Box ammunition besides being one of those lazy idiots that has to buy ammo from Walmart because they can’t plan ahead of their range sessions and don’t know about TargetSportsUSA.

Winchester ammo is dirty, weakly loaded and inconsistent. I have shot through hundreds of WWB 9mm and I could literally feel an inconsistency in the recoil impulse shot to shot. If I had to get shitty ammo, I’d buy Wolf since it’s actually cheaper than everything else and I already expect it to be shit since it’s steelcase. I’ve had Remington Thunder .22lr split in half when I rented an M&P .22lr pistol.

Attached: 00BD6316-654C-4BE1-9AF9-654B274AE711.jpg (1023x764, 159K)

I had some Brown Bear .223 that was mildly corrosive. Treated my gun the same with every brand and that's the only one that rusted it up.

Plenty of FTFs and erratic ballistics from PMC 5.56

I would stick with Federal XM193 for brass cased 5.56. PMC ammo is pretty shit across the board.

Does Winchester make a good rifle? I like the modern model 70s.

Tula .380 has hard primers.
S&B .45 GAP is loaded hot.
Aguila .32 Long is a dirty bastard.
Wolf .223 squib'd in my Mini-14
Win Forged 9mm can eat a fat dick.

>.45 GAP

What of it?

Attached: 37.jpg (2448x3264, 3.17M)

Remington Thunderbolt .22lr is the only ammo I have ever had to return the store I bought it from. Every box had 5-10 rounds with no or partial priming.

All ammo is dirty. What's wrong with WWB and UMC green?

>All ammo is dirty
Not true. For example Magtech 9mm Clean Range ammo has extremely clean burning powder.

nothing compared to blazer brass

my arms were covered in debris after shooting one mag through my 1911, ill never buy that trash just to save a few dollars again

So, asides from being too dirty for Ms. Doubtfire, what's wrong with them?

Not the guy you responded to, but what made you go with the GAP?

Not that guy, but if I recalled they were really cheap for a while.

Some ammo shoots so dirty that you will get malfunctions halfway through your range time. WWB is especially guilty of this. I had cycling issues after 200 rounds the only time I used it. The internals of my gun looked like it spent a week in a chimney

I've done this and more with white box w/o issue.
What gun?

PX4 full-size. Started clean as I could get it, but there was nearly a film of carbon after I was done.

This is 200-300 wwb 185 and 230 ball, 50 or so various reloads, and around 350 umc green. I'm usually pretty anal about cleaning, but I was curious about how dirty I can get before I see a malfunction or accuracy being affected.

Attached: niod081.jpg (2736x3650, 986K)

I like Sellier as ammo but I seem to have bad luck with pierced primers with them

Yeah, my shit was a little worse than that at the 200-ish mark. No idea why mine ended up so much worse than yours. Wish I had pictures to compare and maybe figure out the major difference.

Yes, especially the Miroku made levergats are very nice.

>dirty ammo
I clean my funs whenever I shoot them whatever I’m shooting
>steel/aluminum case
The only problem I’ve ever had with these is that they don’t extract well in revolvers. Lacquered steel is pretty good.

Whatever fucks up the patented meat target the best

Personally I like perfecta and fiocchi that being said I went in on the black packs at Christmas and everything it’s working fine

Attached: 91063B87-4C8E-4553-BF99-9316003241F8.png (1334x750, 1.18M)

Got a model 38 myself

1. Was $199 at the pawn shop.
2. Georgia State Patrol used them. They only swapped to G17s because of ammo costs.
3. The frames of .45 GAP Glocks are the same as the 9mm ones. You can use G17 slides on a G37 frame, G19 on G38, G26 on G39.

22lr is an easy call for CCI minimags. They're cheap, they're clean, and the copper top target ammo is very accurate.