Steals your spy satelite from orbit

>Steals your spy satelite from orbit

nothing bersonal, kiddo

Attached: 636297462782039711-x37b-otv4-land1-.jpg (3200x1680, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

janes.com/images/assets/463/83463/Russia_develops_co-orbital_anti-satellite_capability.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Payload bay is too small to hold normal sized satellites.

if you ever played kerbal you'd know how hard that is

Orbital rendezvous is trivial. The issue with the X-37 isn't getting to an enemy satellite, it's the fact that it's impossible to disguise what you're doing.

Could you imagine if they stole a planet or some shit lmao how crazy would that be idk I'm drunk rn

what the fuck suits are those guys wearing

Well, What would we be doing about it?

You understand that its physically impossible to steal a planet right?

You can literally steal a planet with a star shut the fuck up you don't know what you're talking about

They're HAZMAT suits. The X-37, like most orbital spacecraft, uses hydrazine and nitrogen tetroxide as propellants. Both of these chemicals, despite their storability for use as fuels, are exceedingly toxic. They keep the suits on till they know that there aren’t any leaks or residual propellant to worry about.

As a side note, you can find similar pictures of people in those suits approaching the space shuttles right after they landed.

We stole earth from the dinosaurs tho

Dumbass giant birds deserved it. I smile every time I eat chicken, knowing I’m consuming a descendant of one of the fucks that ate our mammalian ancestors.

Punches your satellite out of orbit

janes.com/images/assets/463/83463/Russia_develops_co-orbital_anti-satellite_capability.pdf

Bro the Dino’s were simple creatures that simply wanted to live. If a dumb as mammal messed with us, then they got what they deserved.
>inb4 they needed food
Fuck the flint stones. Dino meat doesn’t even taste good, and it has worms. Worthless as a food item.

t. virginasaurus

Attached: E0802100-5C99-4269-9A1C-4F4E02E8A4ED.png (2604x1310, 445K)

itd be funny if they stole china's satellite that is up there to fuck with other satellites
the maximum fuck you.

Attached: 875 - 2T1CsN5.jpg (960x758, 146K)

As was mentioned previously, the X-37 is too small to carry back most satellites from orbit. People don’t realize this, but your average intelligence satellite can often approach the size of a school bus. You’d need something on par with the space shuttle to just carry spacecraft back from orbit like that.

learn what a joke is. i swear to god

Attached: 1526008778492.png (603x588, 496K)

No.

Attached: 15E0F4A6-69F5-4AE5-B906-F68C525661D0.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Not really a great idea. Hydrazine is explosive and satellites have this finicky thing called radiative balance, even apart from anti-tamper devices.

Is there any evidence to suggest that military satellites have anti-tamper systems beyond the operating country being able to track spacecraft that approach their satellites? It always seemed like a cool idea that would be relatively trivial to implement, but I’ve never heard of anyone actually doing it. I guess it would be classified if anyone did, but still.

You can literally just tie a knot around it and pull it anywhere you want

>Space Knot

Attached: 350C9A18-325A-4626-AF5A-38A7DA38D823.jpg (510x1024, 41K)

Ew

Ruskies publicly announced this when the Space Shuttle was put into service...

Why not just hacker man a satalite and control it or move it to an enemy position and drop it on there heads

Huh, never knew that. Smart move, though, considering Russia at the time wouldn’t have had an equivalent capability as a deterrent. It would’ve been interesting to see what the Soviets would’ve done with Buran had it been completed sooner.

I stole a planet once it was cool ask me how

How? Was it cool?

>stealing satellite
>not just disassembling crucial hardware to take back

You're all fucking retarded.

Attached: 1207588638309.jpg (640x360, 35K)

yes

Attached: 1532836184631.jpg (1024x733, 81K)

>yiiiiikes cant you just "pretend" to be retarded and laugh about retarded "jokes" like me?

it isnt just a matter of too small

Satellites arent built for retrival from space and you have to take full faith that it willl play along
One unfavourable timed correction by the satellite and your entire trillion dolllar meme might just blow up right along or get damaged that will lead to a failed reentry
One inconvenient attempt to get rid of solar panels and your and the same shit can happen
Even after retrival you might just wreck your trillion dolllar meme from the inside

Itss just terminator tier fantasies of people that have not the faintest clue how delicate spacecraft are.

To some extent that’s true. However, the shuttle recovered a broken satellite at least one time, and had no issues securing the payload for reentry. That’s the sort of thing that requires deep planning, on site astronauts, and systems knowledge that you won’t be able to obtain about an enemy spacecraft, though. Potentially non-cooperative satellite recovery was definitely one of the design considerations that the DOD placed on the shuttle program early on.

Maybe?

Attached: owo.png (1920x1080, 787K)

>Children of a Dead Earth
Is it any fun?

it doesn't do that, it parks in the way of the other satellite's solar arrays and drains the battery.

Yes, as long as your computer isnt a potato

Attached: Laser boom support strut 3.png (1366x729, 733K)

Didn't the Russians also mount an autocannon on one of their space stations?

What manner of absolute fucking retard came up this piece of shit of a design? What are these things supposed to do? Radiate heat? Into the fucking emptiness of space? Why are americans so absolute fucking ignorant imbeciles? Holy fucking shit.

Attached: 1211099538134.jpg (380x288, 42K)

Yes, that's exactly what they're supposed to do. I suggest you read up on how radiation works.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Attached: scientific american.png (400x528, 361K)

How else is it supposed to get rid of heat?

That user is a massive retard or just baiting.

Attached: 1555377968106.gif (294x220, 1.59M)

>this is the best thread on Jow Forums right now.
What a time to be alive.

Attached: 1524110183063.png (1470x402, 107K)

This must be bait. Nobody is this retarded surely?

Attached: fragendes tittenmonster questioning titmonster.jpg (500x675, 101K)

I bought it, it's more of a puzzle game with maths. I thought it'd be a sandbox kind of warfare thing.
Course I was really drunk and just fucking around with the campaign so I could've missed the cool part

Where else does waste heat go genius?

this

Probably just a testbed for new materials/optics/propulsion systems that he USAF can retrieve and evaluate later. They lost that capability when the shuttle stopped flying.

Jews are in the process right now.

unironically kill yourself

This is precisely what it is.

Based soviet explosive dildo

Zauz

Go home you are drunk

I was home, I was laying on the bathroom floor waiting to throw up when I made that post

It's easily trackable even by amateurs.

It's a modular platform to test new spy sat equipment because actual spy sats cost billions of $.

Someone didn't read Universal War Two.

Attached: Couv_224680.jpg (650x868, 127K)

Or crashed F-16s

Bomb the shit out of its country of origin. Preemptively.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT YOU HALF EDUCATED EUROTRASH MOTHERFUCKER THAT IS NOT HOW YOU USE ELLIPSES

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

yikes...

>strap on 10 rockets in 3 stages
>go into orbit
>fiddle with your thrust until your oval line thingies overlap
Where do I collect my medal of honor?

Yup, still have no idea why the fuck they decided to use hydrazine for the EPUs on those things.

This is the official story and, all things considered, its probably true. I've heard tons of outlandish theories about what the x37 does, none of which would require a reusable vehicle and the enormous mass penalty that entails. Pretty boring explanation but its the most likely.

Plus, they've listed some of the experiments they included on board, and none of them are particularly made-up sounding.

>2063
>Enlist in space force for MOS 4137-A
>LEO satellite recovery and maintenance
>Sounds awesome, but is actually a shit job that entails manually securing satellites in the orbital wrecker shuttle and sometimes changing a solar panel damaged by the massive orbital debris cloud caused by the Sino-US satellite war of 2029.
>If the job sounds bad keep in mind advancement is great and there's an enlistment bonus due to inherent job hazards and 'Made by lowest bidder' pressure suits.

All crash sites require full HAZMAT gear, it’s SOP. Almost all aircraft gearboxes have inner coatings that are extremely toxic, sensors tend to have things like Germanium, etc. A crash tends to blow all that shit apart and you really don’t want all that nasty stuff in your system.

>t. Muhreen Huey/Cobra mech.

Interesting. I never knew that.

When aircraft impact, a lot of components that the internals never see daylight get powederized, and it leaves all the nasty shit in the air. Coatings of fuel cells, lenses etc. second most dangerous thing at a site after UXO. Crash sites are fucking nasty all around

That makes a lot of sense. I guess it's good to hear that the military takes potential health effects from stuff like that seriously.

Wasnt this the premise of a James Bond movie?

You Only Live Twice. It's pretty much this, except they were stealing manned spacecraft to start a war between the US and the USSR. Also, Sean Connery disguises himself as a Japanese guy and fake marries a local girl to blend in. Great movie, but there's no way it'd ever get made today.

what's wrong with it fag...

>fiddle with your thrust until your oval line thingies overlap

would furry spacesuits have an articulated tail thing like that or just a sock

does it matter? once you are up there you're good.

2 Rubles have been deposited to your account, Komrad

>le i'm drunk that's epic

Okay but this did make me laugh a little.
The notion of just doctor evil-ing it and stealing a planet