Navy reviewing procedures after female recruit, 18, dies during boot camp

foxnews.com/us/navy-reviewing-procedures-after-female-recruit-18-dead-boot-camp

What do you guys think? I thought Navy Bootcamp was easy. Not as easy as the air force but easier than the army and marines

Attached: Kelsey-Nobles-.jpg (1862x1048, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kron4.com/news/woman-hospitalized-after-crying-too-much-during-avengers-endgame-/1962416821
youtube.com/watch?v=xB0DuVg-N1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you can't maintain at least a small death rate from training you aren't training hard enough. Unironically you should see a small number of recruits dying from undiscovered heart conditions otherwise you know you aren't pushing hard enough.

Nobody will sign up for that

bootcamp is bootcamp. and its not even a big deal. in these days motherfuckers die of a stroke if the avengers gets spoiled.

kron4.com/news/woman-hospitalized-after-crying-too-much-during-avengers-endgame-/1962416821

how will femtoids ever recover?

Attached: arny.jpg (463x529, 19K)

Of course, they'll use this as an excuse to lower PT standards even lower.
Soon Boot will be summer camp.

Is PE still mandatory for public schools? Don't they run 1 mile everyday?

this year two out of ~50,000 recruits have died. Oh shit it must be an issue! Lets spend half a milllion investigating!
2 / 50000 = 0.00004%.

I would bet my fucking paycheck it was a previously unknown health problem. Most fucking boots have never done anything more strenuous than a mountain hike. When they have to start marching and doing push-ups it reveals medical problems they didn't know they had.

Attached: salties-ugh-anime-kill-la-kill_c_7078459.jpg (479x275, 35K)

No old man. That stopped a long fucking time ago.

see i was just guessing but im not surprised. modern society was a mistake.

20 years of free healthcare+education+BAH+pay+retirement VS a 0.00004% chance of dying.

Okay, guess our 200+ years of voluntary enlistment didn't happen then! Not too mention all the other nations with higher mortality rates.

when i read this and foudn out she died doing the physical fitness test i was blown away.
maybe this is a sign the navy should require people pass some basic fitness standards before even going to boot, if their fatties are going to be stressed out and actually have heart attacks when they do show up to do a very basic pt test with a low bar for passing.
i get that they're thinking it's a huge deal to do super well in bootcamp but fuck a mile n a half killed someone? not normal.

Retirement is gone man. All that’s left is TSP opt in scam

That was back when we were a high trust civil society of mostly white guys. Now the Air Force can't keep enough combat pilots interested to keep its few aircraft flying.

Think about that for a good solid minute. That's how bad it is.

>What do you guys think?
Military training will be downgraded even further to ensure the lowest of the lowest common denominator will make it though. Soon our military will be a laughable shell of what it once was and the general population won't even realize it because they are too busy with the next pop culture thing. We already can't find recruits who are in shape, because having a nerf'd childhood doesn't produce fighters. Faggots will continue to perpetuate this problem. Equality is a false god.

Attached: 1555441219201.jpg (588x460, 109K)

No, it's not normal, because yes, they do do basic checks. Statistics happen out there in real life.

new system isn't that bad, but yeah it's not as good.
one guy opted into it convinced it was better even when they give you the calculator to see if it is or isn't...
he'd already done 5 years too lol.

wtf?
PE or a real sport(cheer leading and ribbon tossing doesn't fucking count) should be mandatory in every public and private school k-12 across America, even the retards should get in on it.

Its not gone for me. Im grandfathered in. Still got 5 more to go.

Delayed entry program is supposed to do a basic PRT test before they ship you to RTC. Recruiters gun deck that shit.

I say instead of spending years and money investigating. Pay the SGLI to her parents, call it a heart attack and move the fuck on.

Inb4 based female in military user starts dumping webms

even pe isn't real pe anymore. it's a joke class for most schools just so students get the credit.

>gun deck that shit
not familiar with that term, but good to know that technically the navy already does that. none of my sailor buds ever mentioned it even when we were boots sharing an A school and we swapped our

Enjoy that kool-aid. The new system is fucking horrible. The calculator is using inflated numbers from specific years to give poor unknowing suckers a warm and fuzzy. The new system is all about saving the government money.

9 left for me but, yeah. The new TSP set up is a fucking scam. I remember all the old guys in Basic telling us to beware of TSP and how they were going to take retirements away.

>PE or a real sport(cheer leading and ribbon tossing doesn't fucking count) should be mandatory in every public and private school k-12 across America, even the retards should get in on it.
This would be considered fascism by most people. I wish I was kidding.

i don't pretend it's not about saving the govt money, it's why they're doing it. and honestly good. there are plenty examples of pension systems being out of control and no one reacts cuz muh votes.
but it's not that bad if you pay into it due to the matching. not as good but not that bad.
however if you really cared you'd avoid the new system and just do your own investments with some research imo but that is a bit more work.

The parents are about to receive $250,000 - $400,000 SGLI (aka life insurance).
They are from Alabama. Thats major life changing money.

Voluntary enlistment only became a thing in the aftermath of the Vietname war, what the fuck are you talking about?

Bring back the Presidential Fitness Test. Failure means no diploma.

not him but the US military for most of its history has been made up of volunteers. we weren't like europe where we've primarily conscripted for numbers. we only did that when shit was going down and we needed more bodies asap.
you've always been able to just volunteer

You’re bad at math
Like retard level
Pls don’t vote.

idk if they took that away. the only time i did it was in 7th and 8th grade. then in HS i was in afjrotc and we did something similar but not the same for the air force.
>Failure means no diploma.
you may get some support of that around here but everyone's sweetheart shouldn't be subject to such barbaric standards. school is not about fitness it is about my honey being smart and learning how to express themselves.

sorry but it wont fly until life gets a bit shittier for everyone.

.004%
idiot

See

I had 2 other recruits die when I was in basic. One just up and fucking died during reception. Fell over in formation. Sent him to the hospital with a battle buddy and only the battle buddy came back.
The other one fell or something. He wasn't in my company.
As far as I know, neither made the news.
I opted in because I'm not doing the full 20. For anyone else, it's a fucking scam.
Sounds about right.
Yeah but what do they do whenever it is time to actually use the military for anything?

Pension system out of hand...
A 20 year E7 will get $2583 per month BEFORE taxes for retirement. The medical coverage drops to only cover things that happened during active duty.

The new system is expected to cost the government ~700 a month for 20 years and the rest is supposed to come from "commercial investments". Let me know how well that new system works when the stock market takes a dive at your 19 year 11 month mark.

>sorry but it wont fly until life gets a bit shittier for everyone.
How about when foreign troops land in America because the military has been severely depleted of able bodies?
Will Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg get dear little Shelly to drop the tub of Ben&Jerry's and get on the fucking treadmill?

You still get a pension, it's just a bit smaller.

Navy - check
woman - check
spic - check

yep, USN is dead.

Attached: 1547839958332.png (1623x1892, 870K)

>Yeah but what do they do whenever it is time to actually use the military for anything?
not sure what you mean
yes pension system out of hand. it has its bloat and it's very generous, don't pretend it isn't. the generosity of the 20 year retirement of the military was a big draw for a lot of guys.
we already spend too much on bullshit, and the real shitty thing is they cut corner with the men involved and not their expenditure on bogus R&D and projects that they know won't go anywhere.

let's be real, just existing in the military for 20 years is not hard and collecting that generous paycheck just for doing that is a bit much. now if only the feds would do it elsewhere, but then votes get involved.

He moved the decimal two places too far.

I think his point still stands. 0.004% or 0.00004% is still statistically useless and should trigger a large investigation.
Do an autopsy and end it.

>How about when foreign troops land in America because the military has been severely depleted of able bodies?
???
the US military, even now, is a terrifying thing. you'd be hard pressed to get enemy forces anywhere without the IC knowing, especially on that scale.
The US is the only single country with that kind of force projection to begin with, so for now this fear is not warranted.

>>Yeah but what do they do whenever it is time to actually use the military for anything?
>not sure what you mean
Up until the political changes during Vietnam, while there was some volunteering, we were a conscription military during times of war.

It is stock market dependent. If the investments crash is drops your pay out. there is a minimum floor of total investment +3% that it cant go below, but half of the investment already came out of the service members pocket.

ah i understand. well so far, since vietnam, we haven't had issues with numbers. our military right now is fucking massive as far as personnel goes.
I do agree it's inevitable we will run into a conflict where people don't want to volunteer so they have to draft, but the draft is still on the table. Remember selective service?
They can also recall all the IRR guys and gals to fill critical roles before even touching the draft.

>if their fatties are going to be stressed out and actually have heart attacks
meps doesn't even test for heart problems and telling people to lie about medical sends unfit people through

no one says to lie about heart problems, not even in /meg/
plus the real situation is she probably didn't know the problem existed in the first place, many don't. that was likely the most stress she ever dealt with both physically and mentally and while running and being mentally fatigued her heart was under the most stress ever and boom. it's obviously very rare.

>telling people to lie about medical sends unfit people through
Hmmmm, who would do that?

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (781x282, 41K)

>Hmmmm, who would do that?
really makes ya think

Attached: US-military-recruiting-st-006.jpg (460x276, 34K)

He didn’t move the decimal. He did 2/50000 and called it percent. This is the kind of retards the public education system is pumping out.

>not knowing continental soldiers constantly chose 1 year enlistments over the 3 year contract recruiters were pushing

Our nations education is truly in shambles

It's the other way around my guy. Not enough pilots to go around because most people realize being a military pilot is a terrible idea, so fewer planes are being flown, so they cannibalize them for the ones that are being flown.

people die eating sandwiches, part of living is dying

Back in Air Force BMT, I was told about 2 recruits a year die in training. This is just with PT in 80°F where the worst exercise is a self-paced run for 30 minutes. Shit just happens sometimes.

the military are pussies now a days. they should copy half life opposing force's basic training

Holy moly look at that Creatura.

Eh, she's not ugly, could have made a good nurse or mutt's wife. But yeah, women aren't soldiers nor should they be.

9mm was adopted to deal with NATO supply issues, retard
I agree this shit is retarded but get that schizo tier pic out of here and try being concise next time.

Cry me a river. Should never have been there in the first place.

Navy boot camp isn't easier compared to army basic, unless you judge form a strictly physical view. The army works you harder physically but the navy requires some intelligence.

They are both about the same, just in different ways. The army was basically do what you are told, when you're told an nothing more. The navy requires you to think and react to situations.

This is my experience having been through both. I would agree having women in there is a bad idea, they rarely do well and wouldn't pass if the bar wasn't lowered for them.

What the fuck is someone with a heart condition doing training for active duty?

Attached: 2B2F1AB8-FA9C-461E-861F-F7ED69CAA289.gif (430x408, 908K)

>Navy boot camp isn't easier compared to army basic

Shut the fuck up, moron.

By lying in MEPS which Jow Forums preaches everyone to do.

Attached: 634.png (680x497, 122K)

lol doesn't Jow Forums constantly suggest lying about medical records?

People *have* done that, for decades if not a cenury or longer.

People have unchecked heart conditions lots of people die from it all the time it's called suddent death syndrome or something

Was in army basic, can confirm it was brain-dead easy.

>these goblins/goblinas will make up the majority of your armed forces

Should work out just swell.

It's still mandatory but you'd be hard pressed to find a class that's actually taken seriously.

The teachers are normally burnouts who couldn't find literally any other job, the fat kids and weirdos sit out and willingly take the F, the normies do the bare minimum and get an A, the athletes might take it seriously but don't need it.

this has to be bait
not a single sailor has any difficult thing to say about bootcamp

Yuck, look at these literal or mental children trying to act tough ITT. Like you fucking faggots are flexing on some 18 year old girl dying, how do you not get help for your clear mental illness?

I remember quite a few people passing out from the heat in basic. I could see how someone with an unknown condition/problem might randomly die in that situation. Sucks.

I wish i knew you in real life, so i could knock you out with a over hand right and watch you drop like a sack of potatoes.

>passing out from the heat
>at great lakes
>in april
that's irrelevant here but a surprising amount of people show in abhorrent shape that's for sure. i think everyone will see someone pass out at least.

Yea, you really refuted my comment that you have severe mental illness with that one lol

>What do you guys think?
It makes me think women are fucking useless pieces of shit, only suitable as cocksleeves.

Attached: 1499962189211.png (700x401, 217K)

If you heat-case at basic (especially navy) you're a weak faggot who shouldn't be in the military.

>t makes me think
Honestly i don't think that really qualifies as thinking.

> Navy Standards for Female Recruits
> Age: 17-19
> Sit-ups: 50
> Push-ups: 19
> 1.5-mile run: 15:00
Was it the 19 push-ups that killed her?

True, I guess it's more of a basic observation than a real thought.

>> Navy Standards for Female Recruits
>> Age: 17-19
>> Sit-ups: 50
>> Push-ups: 19
>> 1.5-mile run: 15:00

My little brother who is 12, can literally smash those standards. I pushed him constantly, and now he regularly competes and won his latest Judo tournament.

Women really are pathetic who cant push themselves and gain mental toughness.

> The recruit's death was the second at the Navy training center in just over eight weeks. On Feb. 22, Seaman Recruit Kierra Evans, 20, collapsed following the 1.5-mile run portion of the Navy's Physical Fitness Assessment.
It's tragic, they should scrap all requirements and physical exercise.

jesus christ i can do this now and almost all ive pretty much done for 10 years is overeat, smoke and drink.

Most people don't think they have underlying medical issues even if they do.

> A 20-year-old woman training to become a U.S. sailor died late last month after collapsing during a fitness test at boot camp just a week before she was set to graduate, according to Navy officials.

> Seaman Recruit Kierra Evans was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead after she collapsed following physical training Feb. 22. Evans, who was from Louisiana, was in her sixth week of basic training at Recruit Training Command Great Lakes, Illinois, said Lt. Joseph Pfaff, a spokesman for the command.

Attached: 5c76caedbbd33.jpg (465x700, 65K)

>A 20-year-old woman training to become a U.S. sailor died late last month after collapsing during a fitness test
Guess she failed the test then.
>just a week before she was set to graduate
What does that have to do with anything?

i think it's clear the chiefs mixed up the pt test to use and had the boots running 3 miles in 18 minutes or they wouldn't graduate.
in other news, great lakes has a severe drop in graduates this year. navy is looking into it.

My public schools had us run the mile, but your only incentive to go fast was so that you could change into your normal clothes sooner. All the fatties and potheads just walked it

I doubt it, they're pretty low energy
youtube.com/watch?v=xB0DuVg-N1s

Attached: navy-recruits-fitness-run-1200.jpg (621x414, 60K)

What will happen even the next economic crash wipes out the 401k's of marines/ soldiers/sailors/airmen?

this is just high school with everyone wearing navy pt gear. you can't fool me.

Come on, bankers wouldn't do that.

For us usually we have a final test at the end of boot camp, called Battlestations. Its like the Navy's Crucible. After you pass that youre usually considered a Sailor, even if you haven't graduated officially, you earned the title and you can wear the Navy ballcap or the 8 point cover instead of the Recruit ballcap you wear throughout boot camp.
Its been a while but if she passed Battlestations before this PT test then she was a sailor, at least to most of us.

I would if they'd take a cripple

>>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD

Attached: 03.jpg (239x239, 92K)

>I will PT you until you fucking die
>TFW it happened.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>they wouldn't graduate.
Nobody gets kicked out for failure, outside of a section 8 you can keep trying, if anything you get sent back to another class if you need more time to improve.

Nobody actually fails bootcamp/RTC in 2019.

Heat in RTC? No. Locking your knees? Yes.

Battlestations is always after the final PRT, never before. She wasn't shit.

>Severe drop in graduates

Lower the standards! Lower the bar until it touches the ground and then remove it before someone trips.