Whats some Jow Forums recommended anime?

Attached: animehonk.jpg (227x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_6LvKWy5vo
youtube.com/watch?v=q4kEuNfbTWc
youtube.com/watch?v=F2DHEwlEbT4
youtu.be/wcIwCHWP51k
coub.com/view/1jqqc6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meme ones like ghost in the shell and cowboy bebop are literally the only ones worth watching.

The starship troopers adaptation sunrise did back in the 80s

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka

Attached: __tedeza_rize_gochuumon_wa_usagi_desu_ka_drawn_by_aramachi__976da81601909dcbc7df316445a03c87[1].jpg (1359x1920, 662K)

Boku no Pico, Natsuyatsumi and Otonoko Delivery. Most Jow Forums related anime cartoon show. It got guns, big guns, small guns, muscle, brown skin and boobies.

Attached: ef8.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

This

>brown skin
Ew darkies are gross

Attached: meh.jpg (125x115, 3K)

Upotte. It's about school girls that are guns. I couldn't watch all the way through but maybe you can user.

Attached: 600px-Upotte_eyecatch.jpg (600x338, 73K)

Desert Punk

Attached: desertpvnkl.jpg (640x960, 187K)

>cuckime

Attached: 1556149563262.png (51x92, 8K)

Armored Troopers Votoms
LogH, though the tactics could be a bit silly at times
Sword of the Stranger was good

go back to >>>faggit,

Attached: luckystarshitpost.png (1182x940, 1.01M)

>Gunsmith Cats for the autism
>Black Lagoon for the gritty, 80s-action-movie/heroic bloodshed-style violence
>Jormungand for the above and also /ss/ overtones
>Girls und Panzer for tanks and cute girls
>Jin-Roh for armor and MG42s, also fuck commies

>Black Lagoon
>Jormungand
>gritty
Black Lagoon is closer to Commando than anything, and Jormungand is patriotic Chinese action film-tier retarded.

YIKES!

You’re post is not k quality user. I have reported you to the moderation staff. As your breaking the rule about no racism outside of /b/. Please correct this behavior or you will be banned for three or more days.

Gundam, Votoms, Black Lagoon, and most especially Armored Hunter Mellowlink

The Saga of Tanya The Evil is really cool Anime. It has lots of fun World War Stuff with Magic and it's really unique how it consistently plays with things that should contrast each other but end up working in its favor.

Attached: download (1).jpg (757x1024, 211K)

Based.
My favourite anime and the reason i own a norinco knockoff winchester 1897.

Id argue tanya the evil.
Good anime imo.

The devil is a part timer was fun

>Tanya

This brings us a question. Does having a sex with Tanya will make us gay? After all, Tanya is middle-aged guy inside a lolicon body...Does

It makes you a spiritually gay pedophile, but so does anime in general given enough exposure. couldn't be more right.

Attached: Anime Sucks.jpg (500x712, 65K)

Depends on whether your reasons are because loli body or personality.
If personality then gay.

It's not something you just go onto a board and ask about, OP. It's something you need to find out for yourself.

Attached: sabagebu wrong neighborhood.jpg (1274x1388, 902K)

goblin slayer
takes place in a nogunz world but the main character is as Jow Forums as a guy with a sword can possibly be

counterstrike 1.6 anime ftw

Gundam up to ZZ (including if you can look past how retarded everything is)
Future War 198X
Riding Bean
Gunsmith Cats
Lupin the III (green and red jacket, pink is neutered for da chilrens)
Area 88 (OVAs, the remake series is CG aids)
Armor Hunter Mellowlink and Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade (plot sucks though)
Xabungle
Desert Punk
M.D. Geist (1 only, 2 sucks and was made as a cash-in)
Fang of the Sun Dougram
Giant Gorg
Porco Rosso (especially if you're a planefag)
the Starship Troopers OVAS
Avoid moeshit, ecchi and anything made too far into the 21st century.
anime genuinely started bleeding out after the bubble in the 90's and has only gone downhill since.
it's all a clusterfuck of loli waifus and shitty CG now

Anime's for nerds you fucking nigger monkey

Attached: One in the chamber for the skinny.jpg (1024x686, 461K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5_6LvKWy5vo

Starship Operators was on the original chart and it's good shit.

You think the 90s were better because people only remember the good shit, for every Cowboy Bebop there was 10 shitty SlayerS ripoffs. The only difference is that the garbage today is moeshit instead of uninspired action tripe.

I still prefer that to moeshit and 70's/80's>90's all day.
the 90's were the last dying gasp of japan in all things, just look at bubble cars vs post bubble cars, fucking Renault bought nissan for Christ's sake
there's still some alright stuff in the 2000's but post 2010 it's basically worthless.
also a fatwa on CG

Attached: Char03.gif (319x576, 48K)

This

Also, Gundam 8th MS team has this one scene that's amazing, in general i dont super recommend it, its more realistic then usual and it definitely has some great moments, i think the fight bellow is my favorite mech fight period, but in general it's a little whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=q4kEuNfbTWc

Blue Gender is pretty decent.

Gunsmith cats is certainly accurate with its guns but the show itself is pretty shitty/cringe.

Other then that, i cant think of too many good military anime, Ghost in the shell really has it locked, they're all good, great movies, SAC has excellent moments but too much talking overall, the pokerface episode is amazing to watch for military shit. Arise is great.

FIrst squad is pretty decent, its like a ww2 anime movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=F2DHEwlEbT4

Sora no Woto
Girls und Panzer
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Attached: kanata smile.jpg (764x632, 192K)

It's on YouTube too, at least it used to be.

08th MS team is a classic example of japs wasting potential at a professional level.
a gritty, grunt focused UC gundam sounds great, right?
but lol fooled you it's actually a shitty Romeo and Juliet plot with heavy MC wank, a f
genuinely, actually retarded "villain" who's obsessed with a impractical superweapon, pretty much a caricature of his faction.
slavish, crude imitation of elements from Tomino gundams while entirely missing the point.
god 08th ms team flares up my autism.

Attached: 1547634999461.png (312x350, 96K)

Heresy

Then I'd say that's personal preference. Agree about cars, but I think both ages had equal amounts of uninspired tripe. At least by ratio, because there were plain just less shows per season back then. I do agree on CG shit but that seems to be more a problem post 2015 or so and I stopped watching new series a bit before then.

yeah probably, I'm misogynistic gay nostalgic grognard who hates uguu anime girls so it probably colors my opinion.
I'm going to check out starship operators though, it looks interesting.
also, legend of the Galactic Heros, I forgot thwt in my autismwall

Attached: 1459998008719.webm (480x360, 2.78M)

It's all good, I just used to be an /a/non and I hated when /v/edditors (not you but they were prevalent) just spammed "I LOVE GAINAX EVERYTHING ELSE IS AIDS" threads every fucking day.

>goblin slayer
This
He's autistic and cares about only one thing...
He's surrounded by girls and despite being capable of getting one, is literally too autistic

Cat shit one
gunslinger girls
spec-ops asuka

Attached: glow_in_the_dark.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

I'm from /m/ and gainax sucks
EVA is more jap wasted potential but ist's kind of fun.
the rebuilds are an abomination

>Jow Forums fags being able to attract girls
This breaks my immersion

Pretty much. I've yet to watch like Abenobashi but PSG is honestly the only one of their shows I really liked. I hear gunbuster is decent but then again those sorts of people like Diebuster too and that just seems like TTGL-lite. And yeah Eva's action was pretty damn good but that's really it. Never been a big mecha fan myself, couldn't get over the whole "exploding knees" problem but there's a lot of quality there. It reminds me I should finish Robotics;notes.

honestly I only like mecha because it's one of the few formats the japs feel comfortable exploring Jow Forums themes in.
I'd love it just as much or more if it was tanks or troops on the ground but nips like big robot samurai ao what can you do.
0079 also hooked me on the genre, great stuff like watching a WW2 movie at times

Attached: Ms-era-p021.jpg (1200x1480, 317K)

Fair enough man, fair enough. I don't blame anyone for liking it for any reason, just never did it for me. Starship operators is pretty good, it's low sci-fi and very brutal, almost like a Warhammer 40k but more serious and grounded.

Golden Kamuy is by far the Jow Forums-est anime to come out in recent years - survival, hunting, war, shootouts, early 1900's guns that are well drawn, and a solid story to go with all of them. I watched a couple of episodes of The Magnificent Kotobuki and it seems pretty good so far, especially if you're big on WW2 planes.

Attached: strrv55r5g5gg.png (899x1270, 561K)

Eva isn't bad. Most people over-interpret stylistic choices made by the director and miss the whole point.

I agree. It's definitely not a bad anime. Just vastly overrated and definitely not really a classic or influential. It's basically an Ideon clone.

arise is meh...
there is a lot of solid moments but it falls short. im at least glad it didnt fall into weebshit trends so thats good.

the ending sucks because butthurt nip TV stations fined gainax for being 2 cool 4 school on this project they billed as a shonen.
as a result the last few episodes had no budget.
eva in general is pretty enjoyable

Attached: 1549855043977.jpg (356x600, 48K)

I love the anime, but the art style makes me think the dude hates noses and has a mouth fetish

The first season of Gunslinger Girl is amazing, and the manga will fuck you up.

Attached: x10.jpg (848x1200, 345K)

Fuck, now I'm imagining him bitching to people anonymously via carrier pigeon that none of the girls around him are responding to his autistic idea of flirting

I don't agree with that. It is a classic and it surely was influential. It's one of the most popular Anime of all time and definitely had strong influences over many, many series after that. Overrated? Sure.
It really isn't an Ideon clone, either. People who say that either haven't seen Ideon or haven't seen Evangelion.
Keep in mind many of the kids who watched Evangelion when it aired weren't even alive when Ideon came out. That would be like calling an FPS that came out this year a clone of Halo 1 when you take time into account.
It kind of sucks how many classic Gainax anime fell into that. Diebuster;s ending wasn't even in fucking color and used the same stills over and over because they were literally 100% out of money.

the only Jow Forums anime is metal gear solid 4

Attached: 0ff(1).jpg (276x227, 14K)

Nah. He chooses the right tool for the job and has little attachment to it. He views his gear 100% as a tool. He also has severe PTSD, which is why he is how he is. He uses the cheapest shit that works.

He is autistic because he is focused on a mission not because he played too many video games as a kid and never learned to interact with other people.

I like the little tidbits of realism they throw in. He doesn't get a super fancy highly enchanted sword when he has a mountain of perfectly good beater swords waiting to be buried in goblin skulls. Not sure if the whole "throw sword away after killing three goblins" thing is completely accurate, but the logic does make sense

If this were /a/, I wouldn't spoonfeed your retarded ass, OP, but it isn't.
I'm going to go ahead and divide Jow Forums anime into two major types, CGDCT/Moe (Either in actual content, or simply aesthetics), and Not. That's generally the main divider and/or deal breaker.

Not:
Gyakusatsu Kikan. Near-future artificial "sociopaths" go around oper8ing to eliminate terrorist that is intentionally sparking conflicts.

Gunsmith Cats: Two female gun store owners that embody Jow Forums. Roped into fighting alongside the ATF against a bigger threat.

Black Lagoon: One spineless Japanese salaryman's descent into madness while living among modern day pirates.

Jormungand: The adventures of an international arms dealer and her child soldier shota toy. Don't watch the last episode or two, just pretend it finishes before then.

Ghost in the Shell: Police/Counter terrorist operations carried out by futuristic cyberpunk cyborgs.

Jin-Roh: Alternate timeline where Japan doesn't get one-two'd and ends up as some sort of fascist dystopia with supersoldiers wielding MG42s fighting against rebellions.

Goblin Slayer: PTSD-afflicted rainman of goblin killing. He kills goblins.

Youjo Senki: "Saga of Tanya the Evil" A self-proclaimed god gets fedora tipped at by a Japanese salary man because it doesn't understand basic capitalistic principles. Salaryman claims that people turn away from god because technology and peace fulfill the needs of humanity. "Being X" spitefully transports salaryman into Not!Germany in Not!WW1.5 in the body of a newborn baby girl. The world has access to physics-defying "magic", being manipulated as a science. MC's new body has magical aptitude as it guarantees that the MC will be forced to fight in the war. MC is not pleased, continues to fedora tip out of spite.

Drifters: Various warriors and soldiers from various countries and points in time get dragged into a fantasy world to fight. Season is all about their quest to acquire black powder and matchlocks

Attached: Youjo Senki Charge.webm (520x292, 2.83M)

>ywn furiously tip your fedora in gods face

Attached: 1555912915153.jpg (540x540, 70K)

CGDCT/Moe (Either in content or aesthetics):
Madoka Magica + Rebellion movie: Not too Jow Forums as a whole, but best girl who did nothing wrong has some good gunservice. Unironically Anime of the Decade. Sequel movies are usually cashgrabs, but it surprised everyone by being a masterpiece. At least go ahead and give it the 3 ep rule.

Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai: Winter 2019's Anime of the Season. An anime original, it was a pleasant surprise. All about WWII era jap planes, magnificent attention to detail. Follows the adventures of a band of cute air mercenaries in an ancap spaghetti western setting. It's essentially crimson skies but from the PoV of the non-pirates. webm related.

Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka: Magical girls who saved the world against grimdark monsters that look like stuffed animals work as counter-terrorist operatives after the war in a world that's seeing crime done via magic.

Upotte: Schoolgirls and teachers that are anthromorphized guns. MC is hapless guy who gets transferred there to teach a middle school class of the main cast consisting of FNC, M16, SG 550, and L185A1. M14 best girl.

Sabagebu: "Survival game club" School club about girls playing with airshit, it's a comedy, don't take it too seriously. One of the episodes sheds a little light on gun ownership in Japan.

Sora no Woto: Cute soldier girl that wants to play the trumpet stationed with other cute soldier girls in a backwater unimportant border town in a war-torn post-apocalyptic world. The unimportant backwater bit is serious. Don't expect any action. The OP is pure kino, though.

Gunslinger Girl: Terminally ill Italian orphan girls given cybernetic(?) enhancements and trained to operate as assassins and wetworkers against terrorists.

Girls und Panzer: Tank wargames are a sport, popular amongst schoolgirls, schools have teams of girls participate in tank warfare against each other.

Attached: Startup Sequence.webm (1067x600, 2.94M)

Best answer

guaranteed replies

>boku no pico
>k

Attached: 1549403761946.jpg (960x711, 43K)

I like it to but to call him Jow Forums is laughable.

Gabriel Dropout

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

But it's total shit.

Dumb debil

Attached: 1554830697580.gif (388x379, 868K)

I can't believe that it's been twelve years.......

Attached: 1553568178957.jpg (700x700, 25K)

Gunsmith cats is very good and on YouTube for free just sad it’s only 3 episodes

this

Goblin Slayer is /k as fuck.

Basically this...maybe add agent Aika and burn up warrior but even then..they're super cringy. You could argue that Goblin Slayer and NGE are /k as fuck even if there is only robots involved.

Snake had a hard life:(

Here's a few since everyone else mentioned the staples:
Hisone to Maso-tan - It's about some goyls in the JSDF airforce who learn how to fly dragons. Not much action, but good writing, visuals, etc.
Yuru Camp - Just barely Jow Forums, if you consider camping Jow Forums. Cute relaxing anime overall.
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (A Place Further Than The Universe) - Not Jow Forums at all, but I'm still recommending it to you faggot. It's a good anime. Some high school broads travel to Antarctica together.

Attached: 1545422048665.png (865x907, 1.21M)

I have nothing to add.
Checked

The 3dCG these days is really bad. Every show uses it to some extent, when it's good you won't know it's even there, but when it's bad it's absolutely fucking ruinous, and you wonder why anyone thought this was ok.

This
Also Berserk, no guns or anything, but it's great (read it, don't watch it)

Attached: 1552513237119.jpg (2048x2048, 299K)

Jeeze that's kinda brutal

Sabaggyboo best Jow Forums anime

Attached: 536.jpg (508x652, 40K)

black lagoon. this is best anime of all time

Attached: revy 1.9.jpg (730x1095, 142K)

i read paper versions and in my country we just have vol. 21

it's not quite an anime. but i think it counts and it will really stay in your head.
youtu.be/wcIwCHWP51k

Attached: yande.re 352133 hoshino_yumemi mecha_musume planetarian tagme.jpg (2000x2890, 1.86M)

>spec-ops asuka
>that webm
So, Sabagebu but actually hardcore?
Sounds fucking great.

Black Lagoon
Jormungand
Girls last tour for more cute/comfy
Bruh there's plenty of good shit

Madoka was a rushed mess and it should've been so much better with Shinbi and Ume Aoki behind it. The pacing felt incredibly off, plot elements and "twists" were introduced haphazardly without buildup leading to disappointing payoff. It really would've benefited from being a two-cour anime. It's not even influential or innovative; dark, deconstructive mahou shoujo was done before, and since, much better. Utena, Risuka, Mahou Shoujotai, and Penguindrum come to mind right away.

This 100% This

>Jow Forums
>weapons
He is fantasy and LARP Jow Forums

Gunsmith cats.

Attached: gsc02.jpg (584x522, 136K)

I'm with you on that one. Hate the art style, and the eyes piss me off for some reason, but once I got passed that It was alright

>implying
The series is a work of art. There was plenty of foreshadowing to everything, if you feel they were introduced haphazardly, then it's because you weren't paying attention.
>Not even influential or innovative
You can't honestly believe this. The series was absolutely record breaking in countless aspects.
>Disappointing payoff
Watch the series again and then watch Rebellion. The series was just the start, Rebellion is where Urobuchi really gets to shine.
Though, it's possible that you just might not ever get it. I'm sorry user, but if you can't empathize even a little bit with any of the characters, then maybe it's just pic related, or maybe you're a heartless nigger.

Attached: Too deep for you.png (768x576, 129K)

>3dcg
*pukes*

Sup guys, from what anime this coub is? coub.com/view/1jqqc6