Xm28 thread

I have always been fascinated with this particular type of gasmask even tho alot of people compare this mask shape to the one of an insect and they have as far as nicknaming it the "Grasshopper gasmask" I always thought it reminded me of a doberman.
In this thread you anons can post your xm28 pics and if someone knows where of I could buy one I would greatly appreciate it

Attached: a60c6457a79666ee28f36b9e8c29b99b.jpg (394x525, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mooremilitaria.com/xm28-set.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminds me of those fetish gimp hoods that look like a dog.

Please don't summon the horde of Jow Forums puppyplay fetishists

mooremilitaria.com/xm28-set.html
have you tried this site yet?

>horde of Jow Forums puppyplay fetishists
Wut? The fact that you described it as a "horde" implying there's a lot of them is kinda scary.
That also seems incredibly specific.

they're neat and are one of my favorite masks and rare like most things XM.
Some guy fron a faggot band wore one so they're meme taxed.
they're more common than you'd think

Attached: 20190429_033143.png (689x665, 431K)

They're a very loud and obnoxious minority.

Even worse than the furries.

Plz no,
No weird Italian kink scat comics

Attached: PigeonAlert.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

You seem to be talking about them more than they are though.

Nope nope nope nope nope

Can you fucking not? Even the furries don't want you posting that

First gas mask thread in a while and it’s only about the XM28E4. There are more interesting masks out there, you know. Try again tomorrow but pick a different subject

OwO

Looks like those jackal gas masks, fucking hot

What the fuck is wrong with you? That's nasty

im drunk on cheap rum and cheaper shiraz
im sorry

Obviously not because you're still posting.
I'm sorry for posting dog suit pics in the past, and I don't anymore. You neet to atone for your sin

alright, im sorry for degenerate behavior, deleted all badman pictures Jow Forums let me delet.
will not shitpost for 2 months I swear.
especial no for gay italian scat doujin
big sorry user enjoy prototype boeing fighter from the end of WW2.

Attached: Boeing_XF8B-1_on_ground.jpg (550x440, 32K)

and I'll post the grasshopper's progeny, the m17.
my favorite gas mask despite sharing the same flaws all cheek filter gas masks had

Attached: hqdefault(2).jpg (480x360, 39K)

Ayy, good man
And nice

This picture is peak aesthetics

>my favorite gas mask despite sharing the same flaws all cheek filter gas masks had
What flaws are those?

Cheek filters.
If you don’t know how that’s a problem, confirmed for nogasmask

having to take the whole shebang off if you want to change filters and having lower filter life than a canister mask is a bad combo.
it's why we replaced it with the m40.
unless you're the navy for some reason.
I'm cool with it because asymmetrical masks are cool canister or cheek filter

Attached: Indianapolis_Chemical_Company_Walks_Through_Gas_Chamber_DVIDS292761.jpg (1941x2112, 651K)

and the vheek filter edition because the chicoms had the bigbrain idea of just making the cheek filters really big and the mask disposable.
unfortunately most of the VC and NVA that received them found them as disposable as the GIs found their allegedly single use AR magazines

Attached: 653286_ts.jpg (385x385, 17K)

Like this?

Attached: 41pNx4pvMUL._AC_SY400_.jpg (482x384, 21K)

Reminds me of this.
I'm no expert so I can't tell if it's the same

Attached: 1556063765722.png (500x697, 867K)

Like most things to do with faggots there's not actually very many of them, they're just extra loud and obnoxious so it seems like there's more than there really are.

I think it just seems like that because everyone talks about them even when they're not there, you're basically derailing threads for them.

Same mask isn't it?

bump
salvage the thread

Attached: Army Service Masks, 1928-1945.jpg (3872x2592, 2.6M)

>yfw the XM40, which kept m17 aesthetics was abandoned and the M40 was born instead
Mixed feels.

Yeah that's definitely an m17

Attached: Xm40.jpg (636x800, 113K)

I got one off ebay. I think it was like 30 bucks.

SOURCE

There were actually several competetors for the XM40 contract, most notably ILC Dover (left), Scott Aviation (center), Mine Safety Appliances (right, supposedly), and Avon Protection. The version you posted is ILC Dover's entry, which while being the bulkiest, was the most logical design, as it would not have had the same issues with its second skin/hood design as the Scott Aviation XM40.

The main reason the ILC Dover XM40 was rejected was because ILC Dover was involved in developing the XM29 and XM30 Series Masks (which Scott Aviation later re-vamped as the MCU-2/P for the Navy and Air Force), which was found to be unsatisfactory to the Army and ended up costing them over 5 million dollars on the project. The idea was that Scott Avitation wouldn't fuck up the XM40 like ILC dover did with the XM30, but in reality, ILC Dover had the better concept and Scott Aviation could only produce 500 M40/M42 Masks before the start of the 1991 Gulf War.

Attached: XM40 Prototypes (1).png (989x551, 455K)

sauce now

For the sake of mentioning, this was Avon's submission to the XM40 trials of the 1980's. Essentially a standard S-10 with a modified M6A2-style hood, U.S. drinking tube quick-disconnect fitting, and flat eyepieces.

Attached: US-10 (1).jpg (705x501, 160K)

The U.S. could have called a modifed version of the S-10 the M40, had it been approved.

Attached: US-10 (2).jpg (520x893, 141K)

Shit, that's interdasting. I didn't even know any of that (excluding some small tidbits).

Thanks for the info user, any idea why the modified S10 was rejected? As far as I know S-10s are god tier gas masks.

Not entirely sure, could have been a multitude of reasons, ranging from flaws with the eyepieces to the drinking system quick disconnect being incompatable with the mask, but that's all speculation, not a lot is known about the Avon XM40 contenders.

Attached: US-10 Prototype Masks.jpg (2048x1536, 281K)