Gf gives me shit for buying swords

Is this normal? what's the procedure? Just telling her to fuck off?

Attached: 16th cSidesword and dagger sharpDAST28 (1).jpg (1400x788, 177K)

I mean, if you buy replicas of historical swords because of an interest in history or a hobby in HEMA or fencing, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s still sorta quirky to most people, though. If you’re buying swords because you see a practical use for them, however, you deserve any and all of the ridicule you get for it.

It's a hobby. A weird hobby, but a hobby nonetheless.
As long as it isnt have detrimental effects on your finances, just deep dick her into submission. All women eventually co-opt the values of their men. It's in their nature.

I do HEMA and want at least 3 swords of the same kind, all different kinds.

Gave me shit for having 2 1 handed swords and a longsword on the way

>Doesnt know about the third one handed, the sidedswords, the rapiers and the eventual montante

I'm a retard and never had a gf before, but if this is going to be life from now on, I'd rather keep the swords (and the eventual funs)

tell her joking that is the swords or her, but then put a serious face

I mean, to the average person, its definitely seen as a weird hobby, so you should expect some harmless ribbing from anyone for it. Obviously, there’s a line that gets crossed where joking about one’s partner’s odd interests becomes more hurtful than playful, but that’s a boundary that’s different for every relationship.

She's already bitching about how you spend your own money? That's not good news, partner. Tell her it's your money for your hobby. If she's a bitch about it, dump her.

Ultimatums are generally an unhealthy thing for relationships. If she’s threatening to leave him over his swords, then sure, but if she’s just not sure how to react due to never meeting someone with a sword hobby, that would be uncalled for.

Already? We don't know how long they've been together?

She could be upset because OP spent all his money on swords and is constantly begging off her. Maybe they live together and he can't afford his half of the rent, but another sword just arrived.

Swords are great, but you have to prioritize shit sometimes.

This is normal, women do not understand the fascination with owning weapons.

She just gave me this painful look, seeing how "expensive" swords are.

I have a job and she doesnt btw

Attached: LER02_altpic_1.jpg (1000x750, 27K)

>what's the procedure? Just telling her to fuck off?
Jup
My wife tried to give me shit about weapons one single time. I told her right in her face she could accept the guns or fuck off. She never even lifted an eyebrow after that - and I think that was before we even got married so at least six years ago.
You want swords from your own money? Buy them. If your GF tries to shittalk, ask her how she felt if you told her what to buy with her money.

>I have a job and she doesnt btw
Then she has the right to shut the fuck up on everything that has to do with your money.
Do you even support her? You live together and she's leeching?

Then tell her how that makes you feel. Be polite and reasonable about it, and don’t be aggressive, but make it clear that her giving you shit for buying things when you’re the only one making any money makes you unhappy. As much as it’s a cliche, communication is key.

I didn't say to make it an ultimatum. He should tell her it's his money and his hobby. If afterwards she keeps giving him grief about it, he should tell her it's not going to work.

She's right. Swords are for autists. Not sure how you have a woman in the first place but something like this dries pussy like nothing else, she'll move on

>Already? We don't know how long they've been together?
From earlier in the thread:
>I'm a retard and never had a gf before
Makes me think they haven't been at this for long. Your other points are valid, but it sounds like user is managing his own money, not spending hers.

She's right, you're big time gay.
Should have bought an arming sword like she told you to.

No matter when it happens it's a troubling sign. It not like blowing my ey on drugs or booze.

>I have a job and she doesnt btw
Well she has no place discussing money matters then. Also probably the reason she's nit picking, too much time.

Buy, and use it for every job that requires a blade, and even the ones that don't.

yeet that bitch out the door then
it'll be the best decision of your life thus far, I promise

Force her into anal, then breakup with her the next day.

>Buying swords
M8, you aint shit until you earned your sword like the Air Force's True Warriors.

Attached: 1507988347528m.jpg (1024x578, 64K)

HOW MANY OF THESE FUCKING THINGS DO THEY HAVE?

Dump her. Any bitch who tells you what to do with YOUR money is bad fucking news.

>Is this normal?

absolutely

you are the weirdo here pal

just how many metal dicks do you need ?

isn't your own penis enough ?

this is close but still op collecting metal dicks is a weird hobby

Pretty gay blade desu.

the guy on the right has the appropriate look...

what the hell am i doing here ? these people are nuts

The USAF is like 75% weeks. They probably get half the swords by just stealing them from some Airman’s dorm.

There are three possible solutions
1. Make her discuss it with you, talk out the problem;
2. Buy her a sword too;
3. Break up.

*weebs. Fucking phone

By “giving you shit” do you mean she’s making fun of you or she’s bitching about it? Those are two different things. How often and how hard does she do it? That’s also important.
If she just picks on you about it you can just joke about the reason. There’s like a 95% chance she’s into some pop culture thing you can use, like Walking Dead or Game of Thrones or any number of historical romance garbage.
If she’s bitching about them a simple, “I like them. I’m keeping them. I’m gonna buy more. Get over it.” can work.
Don’t abandon non-self-destructing hobbies for a woman. It one thing if she makes you want to improve yourself. It’s another if she’s dictating what you do. That’s a slippery slope that ends with you hating what you’ve become and her dumping you because you’re an easily manipulated little bitch. Women can’t respect that and you can’t love someone you don’t respect.
On a somewhat related note, I’ve known two guys who went through sex change procedures because of the women they were with.

Attached: 0E7C7775-F5AB-449A-99A5-32F15405FEB5.jpg (1024x684, 89K)

>when a woman complains about how a man spends his money
>proceed to open closet door, lined up with shoes

This. just make it a joke and dont take anything she says too seriously. If she ever pulls the "Its me or the swords user!!!" bs just know that it would have never stopped until she completely whipped you. Seems like you spend alot of cash on swords which is fine if you can afford it but your girl might feel slighted that you spend so much time on swords and not enough time on her etc etc. Pretty much dont be a bitch about it and never explain yourself. You like swords and gain a large amount of personal utility from owning them so she should respect that, she doesn't have to like it

My girlfriend jokingly makes fun of me for watching anime occasionally and sometimes I jokingly make fun of her for watching makeup tutorials (usually about makeup techniques she doesn't even use) every morning while shes doing her hair and makeup. If you can't make fun of each other's quirks without pissing each other off then there's a problem with your relationship IMO.

>Jow Forums - relationship advice
Not that I even believe you.