If shit hit the fan tomorrow, would you join a local militia trying to re-establish order...

If shit hit the fan tomorrow, would you join a local militia trying to re-establish order, or go full solo and pile resources for yourself and disassociate from anybody else?

Attached: e2455830e6ed80a49ec0d0d78f560835.jpg (400x511, 72K)

I just wanna play videogames

i would try to update the catalog and shoot myself if it won't work anymore

>Not joining the militia to establish new order instead

Why do you morons believe shits gonna hit the fan so much when it never has before?>

i don't think shit's gonna hit the fan anytime soon or even in our lifetime, but "it never has happened before" is a stupid argument

>or go full solo

lol

packs of people will track down you loner types specifically for your stash of stuff

Decorating with entrails and skulls is usually an effective deterrent. Even in modern day, most people would fuck off in the other direction when they saw that shit.

eh.. no.

This is the only realistic option. We're all dead without this wretched shithole.

It would deter a bunch of high school kids who accidentally stumbled on it at night by themselves.

A well-organised and determined militia in broad daylight who had mapped the area and was determined to flush you out wouldn't even blink at that.

Based Saddam with the mannlicher stock.

Attached: 1553517512345.png (456x427, 437K)

>Law 18 Do not build fortresses to protect yourself -Isolation is dangerous.

Well, don't isolate yourself from your people/family/milita. From others, sure.

>Re-establish order
Fuck no. That will get me killed and I'll gain nothing from it. Order arises naturally. Focus on survival.

Question is a false dichotomy.
Either
>Join a military
OR
>Go at it alone

Most people already have people they deal with and know their character. Hard skills like shooting and scavenging, can be taught. But you can't teach a dude to not betray you. I think small group alliances would be more successful than large groups ruled by power hungry assholes.

At the minimum you need someone to keep watch at night, or help you if you get pinned down.

Attached: 15565489330195489254249684372319.jpg (3456x4608, 3.19M)

Family first

People who feel unfulfilled in their current lives like to think about a potential reality where life would be interesting and exciting. Nothing wrong with that as long as they aren’t hurting others. It can be pretty cringy, sometimes, though.

Local Republican Army brigade, of course.
Texas Expects.

>I think small group alliances would be more successful than large groups ruled by power hungry assholes

nyet

freedom does not work when the shit hits the fan

power hungry assholes are leaders & will get followers

groups of clans will battle it out

cities will be miserable

>Local Republican Army brigade, of course.

What does republican even mean in America? Like, do you even have monarchists for "republicanism" to be a defining thing?

In the case of Texas, I think he’s referring to people that support the idea of a sovereign Republic of Texas.

I'm in a weird position where I'm probably the only one in my small town that knows his way around a rifle (most folks just skeet shoot here), save for the police that have training with carbines.

I have no idea what I'd do desu. Being former military I could probs just try to group up with the cops lol.

Honestly this. If the town already has a recognized authority structure and said structure is reasonable, it would make the most sense to just form around that. Would be easy to determine who are teamplayers when everybody already knows eachother. I miss living in a small town where neighbors would actually talk to eachother.

I'd probably go full serial killer if law and order ever broke down.

You are describing business-as-usual, not SHTF.

This may be true in the country, but have you seen the average city dweller? All you'd have to deal with is roving bands of room temp IQ nogs. They'd just stand in the open and one hand mag dump at you, as long as you have cover you'll be able kill several before they run and cower in fear.

Depends on the event, specifically where does the danger come from

They would get desensitized eventually you can only keep escalating the horror to a certain point. Besides your behavior would just make more people want to take you out.