Only 20% pass MARSOC A&S

>hey man you have nothing to lose, just go for it

marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2019/04/11/marine-officers-are-more-successful-during-raider-selection-but-marsoc-is-fielding-raiders-at-a-steady-rate/

20% may even be on the high end because of ITC and sere. Theres no way they are all turds.

Attached: 1555865348438.jpg (930x861, 271K)

Seems to be that the selection is doing its job. The passing rates of the training itself are pretty high, so they seem to be doing a good job of getting rid of those who wouldn’t cut it before they waste money training them.

I don't get it. This is how it's supposed to work, right?

It's not that the guys that get washed out are "bad" per se. They've tailored the course to meet their quotas. It's not supposed to be easy.

Isn't MARSOC kinda new so they haven't tapped into their recruiting pool as heavily as the Green Berets or Rangers have, who are under pressure to grow and recently had that standards scandal?

Plus, it’s better to have them fail selection than half way through a million-dollar training program.

This is just the USMC being poor. RASP is basically free entry into US socom but we have Marines being sent back to do piss tests as a Gunney because we dont have enough sof billets.

Lets be real, if they're failing half way through a year long pipeline it's on the instructors and not the students. The entire point of front loading all the miserable and difficult shit is so that the back end is pretty much auto pilot.

No. Marsoc is too poor to take more recruits (and shouldn't exist in the first place desu, force recon was enough).

No lmfao, thats like delta force acceptance rate.

t. butt hurt L.Cprl who failed selection

>20% acceptance to SFOD-1.
lmao no

That would be more like 2%.

Attached: Ooh-So-Scary.gif (1000x1000, 2.56M)

You knew this was coming when you posted that image, but doesn't that mean surveillance for the gun pipeline to gangs should be piss easy? Humor me and let's pretend they actually give a shit when they say they want to reduce gun homicides.

"""Gun dealers""" just means literally anyone selling a gun. Licensed dealers don't do that shit. They probably mean retards selling stolen guns in private sales, or between gang members and someone with a "hookup". AKA not having a record and just sockpuppeting stores who don't or can't tell the upstanding urban youth "no".

lmao I used to work for A&S at MARSOC but I cant tell yall much about it because I signed a NDA

LCpl's are not allowed to go to A&S it is NCO and above boot.

MARSOC shouldn't exist, it's literally just a ploy to get money from SOCOM.

I believe Steve Sailer's idea of the New Police Ability given focus: when a modern police force actually cares about something, and isn't hamstrung or ordered to stand down by idiot politicians, they can find a yeti in a snowstorm. Thus serial killing doesn't really happen any more, not like in the 70s. When you have crimes going unsolved it's because police aren't allowed to solve them, eg, murders in Baltimore.

its because 80% of enlisted marines are genuinely retarded. If your gt score is under 110 you suck at life.

and that's why so many of the guns used in crimes in Chitcago can be traced back to just a few FFLs in Gary Ind?

I had a buddy who failed selection because he wasn't a great swimmer, tbf I don't really know what people expect they're getting into when they sign up for an amphibious force

>tfw GT was 115

Barely making the cut still feels like failure

based Gary

Oooh knowledge motherfucker
Lies, give us an insider example then.

Yea I hear that shit is pretty much like Legalized drowning. Wonder how it compares to the SEAL's water training at A&S.

Wait what prevents Baltimore investigations? Honestly curious.

Knew some fuckin nerd who had a 147. Read like 1000 books on deployment.

Every other special force selection AT LEAST passes 40% and they have mentally retarded 18 year olds who dont even know what a fucking ruck run is. Marsoc a&s is all Sergeants so 20% pass rate is way below what should be passing.

Asvab test is basically retarded. I could study somebody up for 3 hours and theyd easilly get 135.

Things may have changed, but when I read about MARSOC awhile ago (I think it was in an old SOFREP article), I read that the A&S board heavily favored combat vets, and that people were getting passed over even if they were meeting the standards. So, there's that.