Where have all the aks gone?

I really want an arsenal sam7sf for my general home defense/shtf rifle. I feel like a quality ak would be better suited to this role than my ar build. However, I can't seem to find an arsenal ak anywhere. They are sold out on all the major distributor's websites. Ars are obviously the dominant platform now, but I think the ak is a better choice in certain applications. There are plenty of cheap aks available, but I want one that's built to last and has a milled receiver. Are there any alternatives to the arsenal at this level?

Attached: SAM7SF-folded-right.jpg (1600x1200, 527K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XxrOr2rC6BU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have an extra SF that I would be willing to sell you.

Why are you dead set on a milled receiver?

I too would like a quality AK

Either it's heavier so slightly less "recoil" or he's fallen for the "stamped isn't durable and shatters when you sneeze on it". Nothing is wrong with stamped op, for your application it may be better because lighter weight for when youre rucking it around in shtf

Are the Atlantic firearm custom builds decent? What about the legion builds?

This. Plus with stamped you can use all the neat AK furniture on the market and not be unnecessarily limited on what you can stick on your rifle.

Arsenal doesn’t care about US civilian market, too busy making bank in africa and middle east. also:
>built to last
get a wasr. milled is a meme. wasr’s don’t break ever, look up the full auto las vegas range q&a.

They're OK but overpriced. Legion builds are extremely overpriced.

I haven't heard great things about century arms

they don’t make the wasrs, they just slap their shitty wood on to meet import requirements. replace the wood and you will have all you need. ak was meant to be stamped, if this is a shtf rifle then you want to cut weight. milled durability is a meme, wasr will outlast your kids. arsenal will too ofc, but there’s no point unless you want a heavy safe queen.

>want a sam7 AK
Get out reddit. Sam7 ak's look like shit and 74 pattern barrel parts looks like dogshit on a milled gun

>Where have all the aks gone
The AK market is turbo fucked and has been the past few years. No sign of it getting any better anytime soon, especially with the oversaturation of ARs.
>I can't seem to find an arsenal ak anywhere
They're filling out military orders, if you haven't noticed the Ukraine and Mid-East have been rather interesting the past half-decade. The SAM7SF is a particularly memey product from them, not only for its hilariously bad advertising but also because it was supposedly a custom order from some unspecified nation who couldn't follow through so they just offloaded the milled abortions onto the US market.

The safest answer for you is the same as it's been since about 2015; get a WASR.

OP, milled AK's are buttery fuckin smooth and anyone here who shits on them has simply never held one.

This

Exactly, the ak never called for a milled receiver, it was designed for a stamped receiver meaning it works well. Plus look at all the aks out there still alive, almost all of them stamped.

They definitely are and I'm not saying they suck, its just that's the only benefit of them. Anyone saying milled is more durable or some other dumb shit is trying to cope with the fact they overpaid for a shitty ak that is inferior to any other type of rifle on the market. Aks are cool and I love their aesthetic, but ar's are the superior weapon platform. I still like shooting my ak more, ars are boring as fuk

I mean they are more durable, but since a stamped AK will last north of 100,000 rounds it's a level of durability that is so far beyond being needed it's not worth paying for

OP read this

Look for 107fr's in the 2015 and before range, even used will be one of your favorite rifles. Stamped AKs are heavy enough compared to ar's so don't bother with milled unless your hearts set on it. Alternatives would be saiga or vepr either converted already or getting it converted- those would be in the range of price and quality from an arsenal OTHER than the 107R line they recently came out with. They dropped the ball and the quality is severely lacking on those particular rifles. Whatever you get enjoy it, my ar cost over double my 107FR and I prefer the ak any day.

Depends what you mean by "last". The barrel will be shot out long before then.

heavy reddit browsing

Exactly

Anybody who wants an AK over an AR is just being a contrarian faggot. Change my mind.

Bring the Hate

Attached: 0103191714~2.jpg (3492x2628, 1.95M)

fuck you bitch, i want to see my milled ak in action long after im dead during the apocalypse

>Milled receiver
>shtf weapon
wdhmbt

Attached: 1556364574903.png (788x368, 566K)

>more durable
Is this true? I'm trying to get a vepr, because I want to really fucking push the bounds of safety on 5.45 loadings, but if I can do it more cheaply on a milled for something that I might just asplode, I would rather do that.

> milled AK's are buttery fuckin smooth
And that's literally all they have going for them. Downsides include severe lack of aftermarket and increased weight. If you think the action being pointlessly smooth is a great plus, all the power to you, but don't accuse anyone who sees that as utterly meaningless of never having handled a milled AK.

Century import != Century built

Holy fuck, look at this thread.
>stamped better than milled!!!!
Did someone bat a discord hornets nest of angry, uninformed autistic screechers? Did some subreddit come to the wrong consensus and feel the need to proselyte their retardation to Jow Forums today?
Dumb fucking shits is what you are. Autistic, nitpicking, uninformed, poorfag, nogunz pigfuckers the lot of you.
Stamped is fine, but milled was always the gentleman's choice when given the option -- until about 3 years ago when dumbshit reddit newfags like you assholes stumbled onto Jow Forums and vomited your bullshit into one another's mouths over discords and other tourist faggotry.

you bitch like a woman

BREN!

Then stick with your milled ak when any sane man would just buy a better rifle for the price. Stop sucking vlads cock and choke up the extra dough for a battle rifle instead of wasting your money and a receiver that wont even break in your lifetime. Unless you like ak's there is no reason to buy one over any other rifle on the american market right now. Eat shit and die milled fag

for what reason would they sell the rifle without the cleaning rod, yet leave the rod holders on?

you can put in a fake one that splits for display purposes. It’s fine since that’s all the retards who buy this piece of shit will use it for

Ok retard

Ars are easy and cheap to get and pretty well made now.
Most manufacturers dont make a very good ak right now and they are kind of expensive for that they are. I heard psa is making a decent ak right now.

but stick with the GF3, the others aren't forged and haven't survived AKOU testing. So far the GF3 is looking like it'll do pretty well in the tests.

>I heard psa is making a decent ak right now.
You heard wrong

You're such a dumb faggot. LITERALLY no benefit but increased weight. A stamped AK will outlive you
You're just mad reddit told you to buy a sam7

Attached: cool post.jpg (1620x1080, 376K)

Build a Galil, the best AK variant.

Attached: 20190329_164903.jpg (2016x980, 604K)

get a SAM7 and hunt down the weird flash hider to make it an AR-M1 clone

This user knows what's going on.

The awakening has begun. The motherland calls, and her children answer. Dozens of makes in hundreds of countries feel her beckoning and make their journey. All will return to their homeland before the end will begin.

That's a weird way to spell valmet

>no

Yes

youtu.be/XxrOr2rC6BU

>Based off the Valmet
>Makes further improvements to the platform
>Can actually be had for a decent price
Nah, Galil.

Buts its not the valmet

I empathize with OP's lack of non-AR durable rifles, but, I'm not into slav calibers.

Would the mini-14 fill this role for 5.56 - durable, not particularly relevant if super accurate or not?

Just get a fucking Zastava AK, it's better than the WASR and cheaper than the Arsenal.

It doesn't have mags that cost north of $200 so the Galil wins by default

What's with all the milled hate? Milled AK receivers are the Cadillac of receivers, super smooth action, durable. All I see are slack jawed faggots complaining about how heavy they are, they're not that much heavier than a stamped AK. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with stamped AKs, but the way some of you complain just makes you look like a giant pussy. Pic related is what peak AK looks like. I hope you find your sam7sf, OP. Don't listen to the anti-milled idiots, if that's what you want, get it!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-29-21-49-11-1.png (2560x864, 3.56M)

It's not even hate, they just aren't worth the extra money over a standard stamped AK and the durability is retarded levels of overkill since the receiver on a stamped AK will last over 100,000 rounds as discussed higher up in this thread

>super smooth action
My 4X stamped rifles have flawless action. that point is moot. the action is not lacking in any regard
>cadillac of receivers
empy words
>durable
stamped AKs are plenty fucking durable retard. combat proven durable. are you serious?
>All I see are slack jawed faggots complaining about how heavy they are
I'm 6'6 and do powerlifting. But I also know humping an additional handful of pounds adds up over miles and days. That extra weight can go towards food or ammo, and again, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE EXTRA WEIGHT HOLY SHIT YOU RETARDED NIGGER HOW CLEAR DO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS FOR YOU?

Lol, I never said one bad thing about stamped receivers you raging idiot. Lmao, more like 4'6 with all that gay, kids trash talk hahaha

Also, confirmed salty poorfag.
I own both milled and stamped, btw ;)

ALSO THAT AK IS FUCKING DISGUSTING LMAO
go to /akg/ and get your shit pushed in you mong

Attached: 1529419886935.jpg (904x433, 280K)

>"What's with all the milled hate?"
Did you not read the thread? It is clear milled AK receivers are unnecessary. But keep thinking you're a big stronk man for having an overbuilt rifle
for sure, i'm a poorfag

both of you go to /akg/ and talk about why milled AKs are great. report back

Attached: pjimage.jpg (1000x1000, 215K)

No thx, but I can see you like to suck trip dicks in /akg/ for approval. Jfc lmfao

nigger i block all trips on /akg/ except for zasta
fantastic strawman you came up with
this board is so fucking bad

Lol, it's ok man, you're a weakling. Just power lift like mr. 6'4 over there and then maybe your baby arms will be strong enough to hold a milled AK

I'm the same guy. Again, you missed the point - in situations that matter, a handful of pounds matter. It's the opportunity cost. Google that if you need to.
The milled AK receiver is overbuilt and unnecessary, you have a gay looking rifle, end of story, cyka blyat

You're jealous, it's ok user. You and 6'4 guy can go jerk off zasta in /akg/ now.

yawn dude you aren't even fun to argue with. you've not countered anything I've said. i hope your dad is rich cause you will go nowhere in life being that idiotic and thick-headed

Bruh you have a milled 7.62x39 AK that isn't patterend after the OG, and on top of that you gave it smooth, laminate handguards. We already know you're a fucking retard from that alone, you didn't have to type all that out to further confirm it. Shit's redundant.

What's to argue? You think milled is too heavy and "overbuilt". The only thing you've proven is what a sissy boy you are by complaining about weight. Stop this, it's not that much heavier.
>not wanting something that's built like a tank
Sad
>bruh
Confirmed faggot

i'm convinced you can't read

someone else light this nigger up, i have not the patience any longer

milled AKs are literally cost saving heavy steel boxes replicating a real AK. Sad!

>be milledfag
>unironically own a civvy version of Bulgaria's AR-M5F, Arsenal's half-baked attempt at making an AK that wasn't straight out of 1956
>Give it wood handguards and bakelite grip
Yeah that fits.

Attached: smugcoffeegote.png (577x689, 195K)

And I'm convicted your really angry, lmao
Oh boy, a tripfaggot. Go back to your circle jerk in /akg/, attention whore

3000 rds isn't finished yet and Rob only has a sample size of one. Combine that with PSAs previous issues and the QC and I wouldn't be posting it as if they're proven (they're not). Keep trying to justify that purchase though.

>/akg/
Sad!

Attached: reverseheal.jpg (800x791, 95K)

Goatfag b&tz are best b&tz

>arg
Same difference, still doesn't change the fact you're attention seeking every night

Nigga doesn't even regular in /akg/ what the fuck are you talking about?

>/arg/
Strike two, sad!

Attached: smugdeath.jpg (1000x900, 130K)

I got in on those peak Wuggy bully hours after he unveiled his botched AIM-R, don't think I've posted in there since.

peak Wuggy bully hours were delicious hours my friend

>tripfag
Fag

Everything in that picture looks cheap and shitty.

>Cumslurpdude
Keep on being an attention slut ;)

I'm not gay I just fantasize a lot about a certain goat dude's genitalia. Bitch.

When it comes to the durability of AKs, the barrel, which you can't easily replace, will wear out long before anything else does so the point between milled versus stamped is pointless.

This is the kind of setup a school shooter has. That's not a compliment either.

This should be apparent to anyone who has even a basic understanding of how the AK works. The receiver is a relatively low stress point, with the brunt of the effort being born by the trunnions. They don't give a flying fuck if the receiver is stamped or milled, so long as they are securely mounted to it.

I've racked them before by hand, but it doesn't really matter when you fire the rifle - the gas piston cycles it for you anyway.

That said i'd still like to get a milled Bulgarian with a fixed stock down the line; I think it's pretty neat how they're even still being made today - like for Iraqi troops.

Attached: DA-SD-07-09032.jpg (950x948, 534K)

I was thinking more "San Bernadino", down to the shitty Walmart tier optics, but same idea.

the AK didnt get a reliable stammped receiver until its third gen. The first two were milled.

>get a WASR
How much does it usually cost to get a fixed-stock AK like a WASR converted to have a triangle sidefolder or AK100-style sidefolder?

Attached: DSC06529_zps0a83117e.jpg (1024x513, 131K)

I just don’t get the fetish for this “smooth action”. Maybe I don’t understand what it means. The action on a stamped rifle breaks in and becomes smooth quickly.

Too much, you have to pay a gunsmith to replace the rear trunion and do a bunch of hacking to the receiver to get it to work

You're better off buying a rifle with that furniture installed.

Get a Sam7, be part of the upper crust

Attached: 5A14E0C5-B96F-42A0-9F77-2055DFF9049A.jpg (2048x1536, 1022K)

Attached: E8A4CD86-F48D-4E2C-BDDB-37CA6B2A3F0F.jpg (2048x1536, 1.43M)

>I let reddit dictate major purchases

Begon, noguns

Two of the best Ak’s money can buy. Don’t know what you’re getting at bub

>heh, you see this here kimber 1911 chambered in foouuuuuur teeeeee faaaaaaave? that’s craftsmanship right there son. I know because my nra magazine told me so, and it was the most expensive one

This is where building it yourself becomes the better option