Is there a good guide for going from being noguns to being an actual human who has the ability to defend their family...

Is there a good guide for going from being noguns to being an actual human who has the ability to defend their family, country, and so forth?
I tried looking around, but haven't found it yet. Shit is intimidating - not just competency, but legal paperwork. My mother was super liberal and I have no connection to my greater family who were Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy / American Revolution and hunters and yeomen.
I feel sorry for Europoors - this is life in Virginia in the U.S. This is the heart of modern freedom.

Attached: 1552592007644.jpg (1440x1236, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usconcealedcarry.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just go buy the fucking gun dude.

just go and buy a gun what are you even talking about no one cares about daughters of the confederacy

Not sure but if you're over 18 you can make a rifle without any special paperwork as long as it isn't an SBR. Ordering a complete lower receiver online requires it to be transferred to an FFL because that part is considered the "firearm," all else being an extension of it. Check nearby gunstores/FFLs to see if they offer a transfer service. Select their location as the shipping destination and contact them about it.

Yeah, but how do I get competent in accuracy and maintenance and other such?
I only mentioned the stuff about the confederates and revolutionaries because, well, I'm interested in how people get turned from having self determination to being drones.
I don't imagine a person who owns a gun has any purpose if they don't have competency about how to use or maintain it? If they can't tell the difference between one semiautomatic and another?

I'm in my thirties.
But have literally shot nothing more than a BB gun and I am trying to go from that to ability to full survivability. Or at least something along the way? Something like gun knowledge for dummies? Or the mentally retarded?

Maintenance is easy with smokeless guns. My first guns were black powder only percussion pistols, so I got really careful and autistic with my cleaning methods. If its a very valuable or has sentimental value then id recommend complete disassembly (even tiny screws) then clean with hot water, soap, and brushes as needed. Don't use steel brushes. On a smokeless rifle all youll need to do is clean the affected areas until it functions fine. It doesn't have to be perfect unless youre using old corrosive ammo. A cheap ar15 is a good beater to start with id say. If you want to roleplay as a dixie boy order a brass framed Pietta .44 1851 navy for $150-200. Black powder is a pain in the ass but its legally considered an "antique firearm" so you don't have to pay for transfer, it gets shipped right to your house.

Im bored rn, if you want to voice chat on something ill pick your brain and try to give some advice

sorry for the engrish i couldnt sleep last night

Attached: 1548120846337.gif (360x360, 2.51M)

Hi OP, had a similar problem to yours. Here's a few suggestions.

1: Buy your first gun. PSA AR's are just fine, I have one and it's alright for a first gun. Don't want an AR, get a pistol you like (seriously, whichever one you like, they're all the same at this point) or find a .22 pistol or rifle. Shotguns are fun, but a lot of indoor ranges get shitty about them. Get your gun and just take it to the range. Watch a few videos on how to handle a gun, learn the four rules, and get some trigger time.

2: Take a hunters safety course and get a hunting license. Doesn't matter if you don't use it, you'll at least have some trigger time in a practical setting. Be honest and tell them you don't know how to handle a gun, it's alright. If the thought of a bunch of fudds worries you, go take a CC course, even if you don't plan on CC'ing. Most people taking a CC course have never handled a gun themselves.

3: Appleseed. Find one. This is where they teach you how to actually use a rifle practically. You're going to need something like a 10/22 for this, or an AR; anything with iron sights and a detachable mag.

There's a few suggestions right there.

Attached: 1525288436357.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

1. shoot the gun
2. watch some fucking innernet tutorials
3. stop being a weird schizo guy making weird threads

It sounds hard, but what you do first is get the god damn rifle
Then buy a cleaning kit andnsome oil
Only need to clean it every so often, like once a month
For accuracy, dont worry, just shoot, you'll learn through practice
If I could do back when I was 14, so can you
Had no help from family or friends, just a bit of internet and asking people at the range

Take an intro class somewhere. A lot of 101 type classes will lend you a gun for the class if you dont have one. Get some snap caps to practice loading and unloading etc. Take a 102 type class to get more proficient. Make notes of the drills you do in class and do them at home. Take a defensive handgun class to learn how to fight with a gun if that's what you're looking to do. Dont drag your feet, get working on it.

>Go watch lots of videos covering basics and safety, people like: Hickock45, Paul Harrel, and Iraqveteran8888. Make sure you pay very good attention to the safety videos, treat the rules like commandments. (inb4: some retard accuses one of these e-celebs of something irrelevant to the information they provide to try and invalidate them)
>Go get a .22Lr semi automatic. I recommend you get a 10/22, as many others will to start, but technically a psa-ar15 would work as well. You will just pay significantly more in ammo, and range time spent is directly proportional to skill. If you want to get proficient fast, you'll need to buy lots of ammo.
>Shoot 5000 rounds through your .22Lr or Ar15.
>Consume more gun media during this time, acquire knowledge about types of firearms, rules for modification, and brands.
You really don't need someone to teach you how to shoot these days. Having someone to look at your form will help, but you aren't really at that point yet.

Attached: 8978978.jpg (1152x650, 232K)

I imagine everyone seems like a weird schizo who switches from noguns to anything different. Most people never do. I've gone on dates with many girls who quit sleeping with me or similar because I thought it was okay to own a gun like my uncles do. Gun ownership may have good public relations within the gun community, but outside, it is treated like . . . I dunno, pedophiia?

Okay friend, let me explain something to you since you seem to be new here. Hebephilia is NOT the same thing as pedophilIa. I'm sick and tired of you trolls popping up everywhere and spreading BLATANT misinformation. In many countries hebephilia is considered normal and healthy . Human beings have a natural attraction to girls who are going through puberty. Being attracted to girls who are pre-pubescent is fucking sick and disgusting, but only in the US does there seem to be an unwarranted taboo around a healthy and normal condition. My head hurts. I'm just trying to get my real life back.

>don't be felon
>go to gun store with shekels
>buy gun
>go home with gun
>be responsible with it(don't point at people you don't intend to shoot, treat as if it is always loaded, etc.)

yowza this website is for you
usconcealedcarry.com/

they have freebie pdf download covering much of what yer asking about

the legal crap about shooting is definitely the absolute worst part of the whole shit show - but it is also the most important if yer not a criminal

also go to local gun range and take the $100 intro class - well worth it

If you do have a family, make sure that you have a place to safely store and keep the gun.

One gun households are more prone to accidents due to the gun not being treated with the amount if respect it deserves.

Dude you can get a AR 15 in like 30 minutes in VA.
source: Ive done it.

Thank you.

Buy a 10/22, a set of Tech Sights for it, three extra 10 rd magazines, and 1k CCI Standard Velocity 22lr. I recommend taking it to the range to get some trigger time, learn how to load and unload, operate the safety, etc.
Then go find a Project Appleseed, you'll really appreciate it. After that, practice what you learned, decide if you want bigger and better guns, and now the world is open to you, you stupid LARPing bastard.
Lurk moar

This.

OP, you are overthinking this far too much. You're a noob, so you don't need to worry about legal shit right now, just learn safe firearms handling and get some practice behind the trigger. Start there. Once you've got plenty of practice then you can start worrying about carry & the legal matters. One step at a time.

All of those YT channels are great resources.

...and don't forget, when you buy a gun it will come with a manual. the manual will teach you how to maintain your firearm.

/thread

you sound like me just before I bought my first gun. I bought some stupid fucking thing at a gun show that costs over a dollar a bullet to shoot. Don't be like me. Buying a gun really isn't a big deal, especially when you realize everyone who sells guns WANTS you to buy one. Just get something with a common ammo type. Something you can find easily, and afford to shoot easily. DON'T OVERTHINK IT, even an AR is a 50-year-old design (I could be wrong, but I think this design is from the 70s? someone correct me if i'm wrong)

The first 5.56 prototypes were in 1957 iirc