Opinion on the MIC?

How does Jow Forums feel about the Military Industrial Complex? I think it's cucked that the government allocates so many gibs to the defense industry but part of me can't help but think its kinda based that my taxes go to the continued innovation of weapons technology.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.49.08 AM.png (1324x1528, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lpi.worldbank.org/international/global?sort=asc&order=Logistics competence#datatable
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The bluepill: your taxes go to complicated research producing sexy weapons.
The redpill: your taxes go to endless bureaucratic inefficiency that occasionally stops long enough for burnt out engineers waiting for retirement to slip something past the sassy black women ruling the system.

As someone going into aerospace engineering, it’s fucking great. There isn’t another country on earth that invests as many resources into aerospace as the US, and that’s entirely due to the MIC. If you’re not in science or engineering, I can see why you wouldn’t like it, though.

The MIC is a lie, complete lie. The "Military Industrial Complex" is a fancy fucking clothing industry. This is not a joke, the biggest profit margins come from articles of clothing like chest rigs, ventilation for your plate carrier, better boots, focus to infinity devices for you NVG's, ect to ad nauseam. Most government research and dev projects run on razor thin budgets. Large arms have huge markup, but the company rarely sees much of it. It usually goes to the individual scientists on the projects who need to be retained. If they get unhappy, the could leave for another industry which absofuckinglutely cannot be allowed to happen.

And don't give me this shit about 100 dollar toilets or something. They are just a talking point. They got these numbers by dividing the number of parts by the total cost, which absolutely doesn't make sense at all. The actual cost of the toilet seat was like 60 dollars, but that is only because they need to be vacuum sealed so you can shit on the move.

Attached: ebin.png (465x453, 145K)

War is the only way to punish government policies.
War is a way to remove evil men from power.
Without war you would have governments lasting forever, tyranny would endure.
Corruption requires stability, so money and wealth can alter the good of the commons.
War is natures way of solving ownership, if nothing else.

Your money doesn’t go to weapons innovation it goes to the pockets of billionaires

This

LISTEN HERE LIBTARD ITS ALL ABOUT SUCKING ON UNCLE SAMS STAR SPANGLED COCK, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU CAN GIT OUT KEK

I like it, considering how much they've advanced our tech and it still remains on a competitive civilian basis. Are there inefficiencies? Undoubtedly. But for the products we get it's worth it.

50 years ago we developed the first laser guided bomb, bringing in the era of precision guided weapons. We now have bombs that can be guided by satellites in space to hit targets within a few feet of intended aimpoint. The MIC does good work.

These desu.

There are a lot of inefficiencies, but there's also a lot of cool shit.

They aren’t even good for winning wars. Germany had a very corrupt system for their armaments programs in WW2 it did not help them.

Also.

Think about how much the USA DOESN'T spend on the following.

Protecting its borders effectively
Protecting its civilian population from enemy attack such as air raid shelters.
Even the Russians keep up on this and its said that they can hide 80% of their population from nuclear direct attack as where the USA can protect 0%

I think this might be because the US decided on a proactive measure to keep people from nuclear attacks by keeping them from detonating over American soil. That’s totally outdated and impractical now because of the speed these missiles go.

this. The constant waste sucks but the defense industry is doing some really incredible things. The government is creating demand for a whole bunch of different tech categories, which means we get some stuff that is neat simply by virtue of existing, and frequently things that end up having civilian applications. Think of how much longer it would've taken for GPS to become commonplace if it weren't for the Cold War-fueled space program and the extensive use of GPS systems by the military in the 80s and 90s

I'm angling for an acquisitions job so hopefully I can contribute to a slightly less bloated acquisitions process before I leave the service. I worked for a retired major who was one of those responsible for reviewing the program to replace our nuclear arsenal's computer systems and it sounds like individuals involved in the process could save hundreds of millions or billions in some cases by sticking their neck out. The review boards for these programs don't have many people on them

Whatever the case, I'd rather have my tax money go to the military than to pretty much any other government program. You guys should be griping about FICA if it was about throwing money away. Medicare is actually fine, but anyone with a lick of financial sense knows how awful SS is

Isn't the MIC what gives America's military its technological edge?

>no real space program
>no Autobahn
>no factories
>no high speed railways
>no solar, very little nuclear energy
>primitive medical system, huge number of deaths due to medical malpractice
>has literally only 3 copper smelting plants (the most valuable material for modern technology) in the entire country
yeah you definitely have that technological edge

>No real space program
Literally the only issue is a lack of manned spaceflight, when it comes to space exploration, we’re the only country to send spacecraft into the outer solar system, and have been doing it consistently for 40 years.
>No autobahn
Literally the most extensive organized highway system on the planet

On the rest, I don’t know enough to really argue, but considering how blatantly wrong you are with the first two, I imagine your other points are equally dumb.

Attached: usaf budget.png (705x513, 141K)

It's going where it should be, and that's classified systems that will be deployed in the next big neer-peer war.

There's a reason America dosen't do military parades, or big weapon system announcements, or employ shills for the military in the media.

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

Attached: dod budget.png (1600x900, 612K)

>Literally the most extensive organized highway system on the planet
Not true
The United States has inferior logistics to most of the developed world.
lpi.worldbank.org/international/global?sort=asc&order=Logistics competence#datatable

>air raid shelters
Is this nigga serious?

According to that list, they’re 16th in global logistics, ahead of France, Italy, and Norway among others. That’s not that bad at all for a country of its size. Canada is only 2 places ahead. Also worth noting that logistics includes more than just highway systems.

Tell me more about Italy's strategic airlift capabilities.

I think it’s focusing solely on civilian logistics, not military transport capabilities. Still kind of a dumb way to defend a rather uninformed point that the US highway system isn’t good.

> US highway system isn’t good

Attacking the US highway system is missing the point. The US has one of the top 5 freight rail (not passenger rail) systems in the world, and the #1 global best setup of river systems.

Yup. I don’t know what the guy was on about in the original post claiming the US has no autobahn equivalent. The smaller countries beating the US all make sense, but it’s still interesting to see Canada ranked higher than the US when it comes to logistics. I’m curious what the criteria was.