Running guns near chicago

Not sure if this is the board for this.. but

basically I want to start a completely legal business of 3D printing weapons and selling them in a legal manner in large quantities. (plus selling body armor.)

Eventually I want to start up a security agency locally too because theres an extremley high (and culturally enriched) crime rate in my area but thats a completely different endeavor

Anyone on here have any experience with 3D printers? Ive got about 50k lying around for the start up costs, hopefully I can get this off the ground

Basically
>What 3D printers do yall use
>What models do you make, do I still need metal upper/ lowers and shop equipment?
>Rough figures on estimated sales per pistol/ cost estimates would be a godsend

Attached: make_alleys_start_speaking_1776_again.jpg (259x158, 6K)

Just sell highpoints

You play with nigs and you'll get nogged bud

If you can't figure out how to google that information for yourself maybe starting a business isn't for you. All of Ivan's printed glock information is still on Twitter and in other places, same for his AR and other printables.

>What can i say, im an accelerationist
Research is great, but experience is invaluable too

Attached: 11143671_454047258077762_9110129666953765362_n.jpg (960x893, 168K)

Yeah, so why not go look up the info being put our by the guy who's making the files and testing them printed? He tells you what printers to consider and then you can do the math what printing would cost once you know what you're using to print them, etc.

Gee, why does this all seem familiar. Ok that's exaggerating, odds are that this won't even go that far, it's just some kid who wouldn't be able to cough up $50 if his life depended on it who thinks the shit he daydreams about is something to wave around in front of other (hint: we don't want to see that any more than we want to see your used diapers).

Attached: index.jpg (350x144, 7K)

idk why ur projecting that hard my dude, im just tryna get it how i live
>u dont wanna be a wagie forever do you?

Attached: 11018339_868176469897154_6664233643440873074_n.jpg (500x445, 49K)

Printing is not cost-effective for end production unless it's a geometry/material you can't produce otherwise.
Pic related is just a vise block, not even 100% infill and it took like a dozen hours to print.

Attached: 20190425_130104.jpg (4160x2080, 1.85M)

>>u dont wanna be a wagie forever do you?
In your case it's clearly either that or unemployment.

3D printing is SLOW. I'm currently printing a 48 gram part for my printer, it'll take almost 10 hours.

That said, 50k will get you far. My wife bought my first printer for $150, I've dropped about that much again rebuilding it into something semi-nice. Once I finish up a few things, planning on printing at least an AR lower/grip/stock (Warfairy) out of PETG. I've heard of a few other parts being printed, but the barrel/chamber and bolt will have to be metal.

You can't sell homemade guns retard. You can't even pass them down. They'd need to be serialized for you to do either.

At that point you might as well get into manufacturing.

>You can't even pass them down. They'd need to be serialized for you to do either.
Wrong. Serials are only required if you INTEND to sell it. Like, if the feds find you setting up shop, that's bad. Handing one or two down to your kid is fine.

This. additive manufacturing for business is primarily prototyping, with some manufacturing for custom products. For instance, there is a company doing dental realignment trays (think invisiline) with 3D printing, to make them custom for anyone's teeth. It's a good application because it is by its very nature 1 off manufacturing, and the comparative products are pricey enough for the 3D printing costs to work.

Want to sell cheap plastic guns? Invest in injection molding.

If you ant to sell manufactured firearms, they must be serialized just fyi.

>For instance, there is a company doing dental realignment trays (think invisiline) with 3D printing, to make them custom for anyone's teeth

That IS invisilign, bruh

This is the right board, you'll fit right in with the LARPing noguns retards that reside here

if you even start to try that then the ATF will shoot your puppers and burn your house down

if you somehow do everything completely legally without getting 20 years of federal assrape then traditional tooling is always going to be better

purely theoretically if you did then production could be quite fast since you are just producing the same thing over and over. have CNC machines cycling machined parts 24/7 and fly presses with custom tooling to quickly stamp and form sheet metal parts

Attached: 1481213636682.jpg (334x750, 60K)

If you want cheap, fast, shitty guns, make them injection-molded. You can use the 3D printer to make the prototype, but you'll want to use them to make a mold. Molded guns should avoid delamination problems that you encounter in FDM.

reddit.com/r/defense_distributed

You'll need an FFL.

Wearing mine right now.

Injection molding is the way to go. However, I would say there isn't as much discussion on the internet/ways to get into it compared to 3d printing.

If you're thinking about using 3D printing for anything other than prototyping, you're too retarded to run a business.