Anyone order one?

anyone order one?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-29-10-13-40.png (540x960, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPc-i87jio8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd pay maybe $600 for a PSL at most

That gun is for chumps

These were cool back when they cost less than a grand and 7.62x54r was almost free. Now, eh... if you really want it just for collecting sure I guess but it isn't the great deal for lots of fun it used to be.

No, but I've had a kit along with a new barrel, receiver, 4mags in a pouch, and 4x commie scope sitting in my closet for 4 years. I need to get a rivet kit and aircraft rivet gun to put it all together. I have the 40 ton press, vises, and other tools I need but it's going to be a bitch to build and I've never been able to motivate myself to do it.

i'm thinking about selling few guns to get it.

Also, the prices of even shitty corrosive surplus 7.62x54r being over 30¢ per round has made me even less motivated to build it.

personally I'm waiting for the Zastava M91's to come in to be my slavshit waifu DMR. 1800 for a PSL is just bullshit.

1,700 for a wannabe dragunov 54r ak is not worth that jewish asking price.

This, it was an 800-1000$ gun at best but im not paying double for gun and ammo these days.

Jealous poorfags who felt they missed out on $700 PSL and $99 Nuggets

They used to be 600$, so no.

They used to be fucking $499 alongside the WASR. I'm not paying $1,800 for a fucking 54r WASR.

"hurrr durrr this gun used to be a lower price when there were more of them being imported therefore it sucksssssssssssssssssss"

It sucked then too, you fucking retard.
>fire half the mag
>gun is already hot and stringing

What kind of grade R retard pays 1800 for a $600 gun?

no one is making technical complaints of the gun itt, just you so far, everyone else has c/o the price, nigger

It did, but at least it was also cheap and it looks nice with wood thumbhole stock
Nowadays you got to be really dumb to get it over a mutt AR in 308

I just got mine in - love it!!!

Attached: DSC_0065.jpg (1620x1080, 552K)

Here a couple, it was heavy, it used old rare milsurp ammo, it wasn't as accurate as you'd want, no rails for modern sights, or any attachment system compatibility.

I got my PSL for $750 in around 2012.

Fun gun.

>it used old rare milsurp ammo
that's a PSL not a dragunov, i agree with the rest of your post tho

>1800 for a PSL is just bullshit.
But $3500 for the m91 is ok?

Attached: 1548355678302.jpg (750x644, 314K)

Who’s saying it is?

I wonder if the PSL has a mil spec chrome lined barrel, I seem to recall the older ones did not

I don't think mine has one. It's a romanian built rifle from about 5 or 6 years ago when they were importing them by the boatload and sold for $750

I could take a look when I get home but thats not for a few more hours.

Even back when they were $500 the only reason to buy one of these was the fact it fired nugget food in semi automatic. They dont group.

>tigr sporter

gay.

>They dont group.
Mines 1.5MOA at 100 yards.

Yeah I bet it is champ.

>T.no 7.62x54r marksmen rifle owner
>t.retard who cant shoot with shitty scope

youtube.com/watch?v=zPc-i87jio8

kys

Attached: 38tv.jpg (952x647, 159K)

I thought you weren't supposed to shoot anything over 150gr in a PSL though because it can ruin the piston.

The romanian PSL has always had a CHF chrome lined barrel, there were some shitty U.S made PSL's century and I.O made years back though.

It's a myth, it's a AK action, if that was true you couldn't shoot over 150 grain in a VEPR or Saiga either.

Honest question: Why are people so hard on the overpriced PSL when they can just get a Vepr for a reasonable price and its just a better version of the PSL?

Attached: 1555640390196.jpg (1600x1200, 172K)

The PSL is a actual factory combloc marksman rifle, the VEPR is just a commercial AK.

Wow I didnt know you were Tim from MAC.

Do they perform differently? Is that all the difference?

>anyone order one?
Nope, had mine for 10 years at this point.
But I would if I didn't already have one. It's a shame the surplus ammo ran kindof dry now. At least I stockpiled a few crates worth.
And I suppose you'd only pay 15c/r for surplus 54r at most, and 9c/r for 545x39, and 6c/r for 762x25?
Stay mad at changing times.

Nope, if you watch the above vid they all shoot the same

SVD,PSL,VEPR, 1.50MOA at 100 give or take depending on the shooters skill.

>and 6c/r for 762x25?

7.62x25 used to be everywhere and you almost couldn't give it away, now it's dried the hell up and surplus is 25c a round, feels bad.

Attached: sSA4SLb.png (447x679, 319K)

same

I was about to pull the trigger on a tt33 pistol about the second it all of a sudden disappeared.
Pissed, because that would have been some really cheap fun. It was so cheap for so long.
At least I stockpiled lots of 545 and 54r ammo while the getting was good.
My psl will pull just over/under an inch if I do my part and take my sweet time. When it comes to grouping, it's very dependent on what ammo I'm using. Russian surplus from factory 188 is amazing stuff. Romanian surplus left disgusting groups at 50 yards for me and was only used for ice/rock busting after that. When it comes to bulgarian, most of it shoots very well then there's these 1-2 weird hotter loads out of 10 that seem to hit a bit differently on paper.

Attached: 1538660959397.jpg (1280x714, 147K)

If you're interested in selling the kit hit me up. I might buy it to build for fun

[email protected]

The problem is that the barrel I ended up getting was made by Prexis, the same guy who owns weapons guild and now Precision American Rifle, LLC. It was the only source at the time for a PSL barrel. The guy is a fucking hack, I ordered the barrel in February of 2013 to the tune of $240 and, after many delays and emails and calls, I finally received the barrel in December of 2013. Many people online were reporting that they had been waiting 2 years for their barrels / parts from this company and every time they tried to contact him that he would either never respond or give them some excuse as to why their order had not been shipped out yet. To add insult to injury, the barrel blanks he used were .308 bores instead of the .310-.311 bores that Russian guns usually use and many people reported undersized shoulders (to the point where gas blocks wouldn't even make a seal and trunnions would fall off), shallow chamber reamings, and mismachined ejector cuts... Some people's barrels worked fine but I need to get some schematics and use a micrometer on the barrel that I have just to make sure that everything's 100% in order. I couldn't in good conscience sell that barrel to anyone unless I first verified that it was not dangerous. On the plus side, the akbuilder's website now has brand new US made nitride PSL barrels available but there was no such thing when I was gathering the parts for my build. There were no original barrels left on the market and every kit came with a chopped receiver and barrel.

The receiver I have is a US made Century-branded receiver made by another company that actually did a pretty good job on it. It has no scope rail so that would have to be pulled off of the old chopped receiver and welded / riveted onto the new receiver and the new receiver also has a pre-riveted center support pin in place where the bolt hold open device went on the original receiver, so there will be no bolt hold open feature on this build once it's completed.

literally who is their target audience?

Oh, I also spent way too fucking much for the parts kit at $450 for a matching Romanian unissued torched to shit parts kit. So as it stands right now I've spent $450 on the parts kit, $120 on a Century receiver, and $240 on a .308 bored barrel that may or may not even be machined correctly. I've got too much money already burnt into this dumpsterfire so I may as well just nut up and put it together myself some day, I'm not getting that kind of money back by selling it unassembled.

>just looked at parts kits available on gunbroker

Holy shit those things are even more expensive now, maybe I could make my money back just selling the receiver and parts kit high enough to cover the $240 I spent on the barrel if it doesn't work.

>commie shit
>1800 dollars

Attached: CKw26M_XAAAq47u.jpg (468x468, 17K)

:(

I have two. One is an original Romanian rifle and the other is built on an American receiver with presumably Romanian parts, Both have chromed bores.

Attached: PSL light and dark furniture.jpg (1632x1224, 436K)

>Romanian surplus left disgusting groups
When 54r surplus was all over I bought 2 crates of romanian because it's different from the usual russian stuff, it's definitely worse then the russian ammo, tons of case splits the entire length of the case, Almost never have that happen with cold war era russian 54r.

Not really a myth. Its the rear trunnion that can crack from the bolt carrier slamming into it. Some heavy ball is probably safe but surplus 7.62x54R is all over the place as far as pressures and muzzle velocities depending on where it was manufactured and for what purpose. Better to just be safe and shoot light ball. A lot of the commercial 7.62x54R is also loaded kind of light and is probably safe.

Attached: PSL Field Strip 2.jpg (2546x1082, 1002K)

these are all built on RPK-style receivers that are heavier/thicker than regular AKs, right? Do they make them in x39? I'd love to get one and slap a drum + bipod on it and have a not!RPK.

get a vepr dude

>bayonet lug

muh nigga

Attached: brenton-tarrant.png (1042x586, 656K)

...this is literally within a couple hundred dollars of an LMT 308

you'd have to be diagnosed retarded and no it is not an SVD

>shit century wood
>doesn't even have a fucking bayonet lug
>borderline LMT prices

LMT .308s were literally on sale for $1799 a month ago

ITS NOT 2006 ANYMORE

I-I think it looks nice, user

Attached: drtfhbdxs.gif (268x178, 484K)

:) thank you user-kun

It wasn't that long ago, and the guns weren't that amazing then either.