Wildcats

Has anyone tried to make their own wildcat round

If not whats is the craziest wildcat have you seen

Attached: whatdoesitmean.jpg (800x598, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halfbakery.com/idea/EFP_20Shotgun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Right now, I'm working on 5.45 reloading, which is technically a wildcat .222. also, Anzio makes a 20mm that's necked down to 50 Cal. 5k fps on an 800 grain projectile.

I have not invented my own, but I have owned rifles in obscure calibers that required forming custom brass. My most exotic was a .50 BMG necked down to .375. I sold that rifle years ago, but I may build another. If I do, I will up the bore diameter a little bit, and also blow out the cartridge case for a bit more capacity.

That said, I might make one in the future. My idea is to take the .505 Gibbs and size it up so that it uses .510 bullets rather than the obscure .505 size, that way one could load it with the massive number of projectiles available for the .50 BMG and similar.

>The round that will pierce the heavens

I want to make a 6.5mm that has a stupidly long bullet.

>20mm that's necked down to 50 Cal. 5k fps on an 800 grain projectile

penis is awake.

Is it a considered a destructive device?

pulled the string from 20 feet on an old single barrel break action shotgun with a 6' steel pipe welded to the end firing a slug propelled by something not dissimilar to pic related
blew away everything behind the back end of the barrel, basically became a recoilless rifle that punched clean through a 24"-diameter ponderosa pine and set a small fire

Attached: 1446699060729.jpg (2560x1920, 996K)

No, it’s still 50 cal bore so you’re gtg. Just post a vid if you make one.

Isn't 12 inches of wood about equivalent to 1 inch of steel, making your autism slug capable of going through 2 inches of steel?

my "slug" was actually round copper bar stock with the tip lathed into an ogive dipped in "lead" (lead-free solder) to reduce friction with the barrel wall and engage what was left of the rifling in the clapped-out shotgun barrel; it ended up as a nig-rigged EFP
droplets of metal (and still-burning gunpowder) formed a spray on the other side of the tree, could probably punch through an engine block if I refined it a bit
the original powder load could probably put a sabot through a T-72 given the forest fire it nearly caused

Attached: crh.jpg (249x274, 8K)

.14x88 cal urban varmint cartridge

Is that a photoshop?
How do you even get shells like that if not?

Attached: 1492622908903.png (371x532, 281K)

>halfbakery.com/idea/EFP_20Shotgun
I'm not the first person to stumble across this, although I'll admit it was an accident on my part
pic related with 1/2" shells propelling copper washers should be the ultimate "fuck armor" solution at close range

Attached: Tiny-Shotgun.jpg (1024x635, 122K)

It's a sales sample to show that they can make any length.
Plastic shells were made from extruded tube with crimped components for the base while premium ones made from solid extrusions. This is an exapmple of th elatter to show off their technology.

Would the slug gain enough velocity considering there's no barrel length?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that "round" detonate in the chamber and kill you?

the "slug" is a conical copper disk
the kick is from the impulse of a small amount of high explosive going off all at once, not burning gunpowder that needs to gradually accelerate the actual payload

Attached: Explosively_formed_penetrator.gif (330x140, 8K)

Ah right, I'm fucking stupid. Sounds like a fun idea.

I think there's a formula for HEAT munitions (but thats the copper jet not EFP) to tell how much steel it will penetrate. something about the diameter of the cone times something. I'm not sure if that also takes into account the explosives used.

This could probably work if you got a falling block shotgun custom made and slid a tight fitting pipe on the outside of the barrel to give it more strength.